• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how to tactfully ask this, so please correct me if I'm breaking any rules by asking this, but...

-Does PokeGen work for this generation without AR?
-How may I utilize it?

And...like...yeah...if it's against rules to answer publicly, it'd be tight if you PM'd me. And if it's against the rules for asking...sorry...I didn't know. :x

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
For not having AR you need to have a Flashcart.

Otherwise... get an AR for it.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Psycho, what about jellicent/zoroark/galvantula/haxoras? Not necessarily all on the same team.

So I'm trying to get someone to trade me a Braviary so I can complete my Pokédex and since I can't get it in Black 2. One trip to the GTS later?

... I ****ing hate GTS. Everyone wants Level 9 Reshiram and Level 9 Zekrom. If I knew how to use Pokémon Generator and created one? I'd stick it to them and call mine "Problem?" when I traded them what they wanted. :p
I'll trade you a braviary. If you want to put up a squirtle for it that'd be amazing =p but seriously I'll give it to you regardless.

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I find narrowing your search to particular countries and sometimes level helps filter out those unwanted traders. I've traded about 200 or so Magnemite on GTS thus far.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yea.
The GTS is full of ****. Bunch of *******s who want legendaries and nothing else :v

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure how to tactfully ask this, so please correct me if I'm breaking any rules by asking this, but...

-Does PokeGen work for this generation without AR?
-How may I utilize it?

And...like...yeah...if it's against rules to answer publicly, it'd be tight if you PM'd me. And if it's against the rules for asking...sorry...I didn't know. :x
You can use Pokegen without an AR. If you've downloaded the program already, after you create your Pokemon just upload the file to http://www.pokegts.us/5thGen_Upload.aspx and get it through the gts.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I remember that it was a pain to get a Zorua in GTS in BW1. Fortunately, I found someone who was requesting an Oshawott, my starter, so I bred my Samurott and offered it in the GTS. all the other offers had outrageous requests! Who'd give a legendary for a Zorua, who can easily be bred with a Ditto, which can be found easily in the Giant Chasm? It's ridiculous!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While you can easily breed a Zorua with a Ditto to get another Zorua, getting a female Zorua can be a tedious task, due to its 87.5:12.5 gender ratio.

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
The best way to get Pokemon from the GTS is to offer something rather than search for something. Back in Gen. 4 I used to offer a Spiritomb and could get almost anything I wanted for it. Or I would go on the GTS website and see what the most wanted Pokemon was and offer one if I had it (if not I'd do a trade sequence til' I got it). A version of this site now exists on the Pokemon Global Link (though the top Pokemon is Magnemite for Magnemite).

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
Make sure you go into the GTS with a full party of six pokemon so that the one you get from the GTS will go into a PC box. Also make sure to set your DNS to the correct address so you can access the server that you'll be getting the pokemon from.

But yeah, sometimes that site has issues and I've gotten the correct Pokemon but the wrong moves. I uploaded some files from Pokegen recently (like less than 2 weeks ago) and it worked fine.

You can also just select the Pokemon you want from that site without using Pokegen. You just can't make a pokemon shiny or determine the OT name or where the pokemon came from. You can edit IVs and EVs, natures, abilities and held items.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Make sure you go into the GTS with a full party of six pokemon so that the one you get from the GTS will go into a PC box. Also make sure to set your DNS to the correct address so you can access the server that you'll be getting the pokemon from.

But yeah, sometimes that site has issues and I've gotten the correct Pokemon but the wrong moves. I uploaded some files from Pokegen recently (like less than 2 weeks ago) and it worked fine.

You can also just select the Pokemon you want from that site without using Pokegen. You just can't make a pokemon shiny or determine the OT name or where the pokemon came from. You can edit IVs and EVs, natures, abilities and held items.
Yeah, when I tried, it would give me the following problem from the FAQ:
Q: I only get a Victini, or I get a random pokemon instead of what I picked or uploaded, what gives?
A: You're getting these due to how the server keeps track of you. Currently, the only way the server knows how to keep up with you is via your IP address. I am working on another solution that will instead use your friend code instead. TL;DR: You're getting this due to being on a different internet connection from your game device.
Regardless, perhaps this discussion should be in another thread or via visitor messages or something since it's technically off-topic. :x

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
heh... I randomly encountered a scraggy and its OT is N... whats the point though...hmm
if you've done Memory Link, N's Pokémon may appear in the wild. they do a sparkle similar to shinies and have the OT defined as N, with ID No. 00002. they can never be shiny, though.

these Pokémon are supposed to be N's Pokémon from his fights in BW, as well as the Zorua, Darmanitan and Woobat that appear in BW's intro, when N remembers his childhood. a flashback scene shows him releasing his Pokémon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I caught Reshiram and Kyurem earlier today, but I had to use my two Master Balls on them, considering that the tougher method often results in you getting them with either lousy natures or bad IVs for their vital stats.

In fact, after over two hours of constant resets, I was able to get a Modest Kyurem that has a perfect IV (31) for its SP ATK and Speed stats.

Still, despite of my Master Ball sacrifices, there's a shop at the Join Avenue, where you have a chance to win a Master Ball every day. If I get another Master Ball there, I can advance towards getting another legendary, such as Terrakion.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
I caught Reshiram and Kyurem earlier today, but I had to use my two Master Balls on them, considering that the tougher method often results in you getting them with either lousy natures or bad IVs for their vital stats.

In fact, after over two hours of constant resets, I was able to get a Modest Kyurem that has a perfect IV (31) for its SP ATK and Speed stats.

Still, despite of my Master Ball sacrifices, there's a shop at the Join Avenue, where you have a chance to win a Master Ball every day. If I get another Master Ball there, I can advance towards getting another legendary, such as Terrakion.

ya that is the most useful shop eva!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
don't reshiram and zekrom have normal catch rates? like a 30 for catch rate?

which means you might be able to catch them with a quick ball?

i know a master ball is easier but why waste a master ball on something that's actually fairly easy to catch

and after checking, they have a catch rate of 45, which is pretty standard

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Reshiram and Zekrom both have a catch rate of 45, so they're easier to catch than most other legendaries. Kyurem, however, has a catch rate of 3, making it a huge pain to catch without a Master Ball.

Still, for someone who wants a legendary with a good nature and IVs, Master Balls can make your efforts move faster; they can't breed after all (except for Manaphy, but you'd get Phione eggs as a result). Also, with the Raffle Shop, you do have a chance to get another Master Ball every day, and the odds of getting a Master Ball will gradually grow as the Raffle Shop's rank grows.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'd rather cheat, i'm lazy hate soft resetting that many times but i see your point

i should probably check that heatran i caught in platinum, it might be perfect (i swears i didn't cheat for him)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to post this here because there is no social thread

Who gets the joke?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I lol'd.

Double spoiler for those of you too lazy to look up why it's funny. :p
Bulbasaur is #001 on the national dex.
Mew is said to be the ancestor of all pokemon.
Rhydon was the first pokemon created. (Easter egg being the rhydon statues you see everywhere in RBY)
Arceus is known as "The Original One" having created Sinnoh and perhaps the whole pokemon universe.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i'd rather cheat, i'm lazy hate soft resetting that many times but i see your point

i should probably check that heatran i caught in platinum, it might be perfect (i swears i didn't cheat for him)
If cheating didn't come with a heavy price (such as destroying your game data), more people would probably do it. Of course, this would result in a lot more players having Pokemon who have perfect IV values for every stat.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If cheating didn't come with a heavy price (such as destroying your game data), more people would probably do it. Of course, this would result in a lot more players having Pokemon who have perfect IV values for every stat.
I'm sorry but what year do we live in? 1997?

Cheating has never destroyed gamedata unless cheats are specifically made to do so.

There is zero price for doing something like taking an empty box and generating an AR code to fill it with perfect Nature/IV/EV Pokemon with competitive movesets to use online.

Unless you consider "feeling dirty for doing that instead of using Pokemon showdown" a price.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've swept 6-0 with lead Belly Drum Linoone and I've come back from a 1-5 disadvantage with SubPetaya Empoleon, thanks to cheats I can enjoy Pokemon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Cheating is for wimps. I don't care if it saves you time.

I have a shiny Garchomp from Benga and shiny Golduck from the wild, but thanks to cheats neither of those have value in my eyes.
I don't really care for shiny Pokemon, but I do like to have high IV values for my Pokemon, primarily for the stats that I want to EV train. Sadly, you're more prone to get Pokemon with lackluster IV values, even for their vital stats.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Cheating is for wimps. I don't care if it saves you time.

I have a shiny Garchomp from Benga and shiny Golduck from the wild, but thanks to cheats neither of those have value in my eyes.
Meh, if it makes the GTS usable I'm all for cheating to get Lvl 1 Reshirams and Zekroms. But yeah, back in Middle School I learned that cheating takes the fun out of the game. Sure it's fun at first, but it will always come back to haunt you. I can't even pick up and play my Pearl or Platinum versions anymore after all the Action Replay stuff I've done with them (they're not broken, it's just not fun to play them anymore).

I've honestly haven't caught/seen a wild Shiny since RSE, so they do have value in my eyes when caught legitimately.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Only time I cheated in Pokemon was in Pokemon Blue, and everybody did it.

PWT is pretty addicting, though it can be very difficult given I only use Water types (should I stop?). Like, a Petal Dance destroyed my entire party in just three turns...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The GTS can be quite ridiculous, in terms of the trade requests. Almost everyone wants you to offer up a legendary, just to get a Pokemon that you can easily breed to get.

Sometimes if you want a Pokemon that you can't obtain, set up an offer that's more valid. For example, I offered a Rufflet for a Mandibuzz, which worked out in the end.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems that my suspicions about the Pokemon Dream Radar are true. When you do transfer the Pokemon from there to Pokemon Black 2 or Pokemon White 2, their natures and IVs are set long before the transfer.

Basically, the Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus that I got from the Dream Radar are useless for PWT and Battle Subway purposes, because of this dilemma.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've decided to try out the new breeding mechanics earlier, but I've noticed an incident that I'm not liking...

You know how in the 4th generation titles, the baby Pokemon's IVs aren't set until you officially receive the egg; if you don't get the right IVs, you can soft-reset to make the IVs change...

It seems that now the baby Pokemon's IVs are set BEFORE you even get the egg, as I've noticed that even after soft-resetting a few times, the IV ranges are not changing.

This information pretty much threw a monkey wrench into my breeding plans.

Edit: I did some more breeding tests, but without the EV items. Just like with before, I saved my game before taking the egg. However, my concerns are right on the money, as after two soft-resets, I've noticed that the baby Pokemon kept having the exact same characteristic; this pretty much means that the IVs aren't changing at all. Things have obviously turned for the worst after the Diamond and Pearl versions.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not sure if you did any breeding in Black/White, but I'm pretty sure that was the case in those games as well.
I never played those titles, but I am pretty much outraged by this dilemma.

That's silly... why would they do that? D=
I'm just as puzzled as you are there. Now, if you want to get good Pokemon, you have to resort to modifying your game data so that the Pokemon that you've bred can have good IVs. This applies to Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus as well, especially if you've received them from Pokemon Dream Radar.

Of course, the adjustments do need to be legal, or else you risk getting banned from Wi-Fi for using the Pokemon; for example, Sableye can not have Wonder Guard.

Anyway, from what I've gathered, PokeGen appears to be a manageable option for adjusting Pokemon IVs, natures, genders, abilities, and so forth, while keeping the adjustments legal, but you do need the proper accessories if you want your PC to extract any game data from your DS game card.

Top Bottom