• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm still a few Dream World points short before I can find a Poliwag and Vulpix anywhere. At least I did find a Clear Body Klang the other day.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I would prefer a female so I can breed for the preferred nature and still keep the ability.

Are you looking for anything specific or can I just trade you whatever?
You could just trade me whatever. Shall I gen one up with perfect IVs and if so, do you want an item too? If not, my Dream World one is level 10 and is female. See below. (or heck, if you want, I can get you a gen'd one and give you this one too)

Stats: 35 HP / 22 Atk / 25 Def / 13 SpAtk / 18 SpDef / 23 Spe
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Sand-Attack / Harden / Knock Off / Feint
Nature: Lonely

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I saw something quite amusing while playing the Black 2 version that I've rented. Apparently, if you're facing Ghetsis in Easy Mode, his Hydreigon's level will be 48.

It's quite funny how Easy Mode can make certain Pokemon end up being underleveled.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I got a female Technician Breloom from the Hidden Grotto, and so I've got a couple of Quick Feet Shroomish with Bullet Seed, if anyone wants one. One of them is Careful, which iirc is the preferred nature for it, though that may be for non-Technician sets.

Also got a couple of Prankster Liepards, too many Regenerator Foongus to count, and a Rain Dish Pelipper.

I just want a Skitty or a Rufflet, really. I want to complete this Unova Dex.

EDIT: Oh right, I got a Hustle Nidoran Female too. I could breed it for Hustle Nidoran Males if anyone wants to go crazy with Sheer Force Nidokings.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Sonic Storm: I would like to have a Dream World Shroomish or Breloom if any of them are female, but the only problem is, I've only been able to use the GTS to do my trading, as I've never done friend code trading before.

Anyway, I can easily offer up a Rufflet for you. However, I suggest that we do PMs to set up the trade, just so that the friend codes are kept confidential.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Well, they aren't from the Dream World. Is there any difference between Breloom from the Grotto and Breloom from the Dream World?

But yeah, the Careful Shroomish is female, so there's no worries there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, they aren't from the Dream World. Is there any difference between Breloom from the Grotto and Breloom from the Dream World?

But yeah, the Careful Shroomish is female, so there's no worries there.
When I say Dream World, I basically mean that the Pokemon has its Dream World ability (or hidden ability). There are no differences between the Hidden Grotto Pokemon and the Dream World Pokemon, apart from the capturing requirements.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
When I say Dream World, I basically mean that the Pokemon has its Dream World ability (or hidden ability). There are no differences between the Hidden Grotto Pokemon and the Dream World Pokemon, apart from the capturing requirements.
Even the capturing requirements are similar. You can catch DW pokemon in the high link (or whatever they call it in English) with non-Dream Balls. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even the capturing requirements are similar. You can catch DW pokemon in the high link (or whatever they call it in English) with non-Dream Balls. :p
The biggest difference is that the Entree Forest Pokemon will allow you to catch them; no battling needed. The ones in the Hidden Grotto have to be battled and weakened before they can be captured.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think the only Grotto Pokemon I didn't catch in the first turn with any ball was a Justified Absol.

But then, Absol already has a ridiculous catch rate.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
God I am 0/138 on a good Zekrom...

On other news, @7500 Dream points on dream world :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
God I am 0/138 on a good Zekrom...

On other news, @7500 Dream points on dream world :)
I'm almost at the 10,000 mark, which is the amount needed to find a Vulpix, Poliwag, and Dratini at the Dream World. Likewise, I'll be able to find a No Guard Golett as well.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm really curious about Contrary. I know Serperior becomes really good with it but what about Shuckle? I feel like it could wall almost anything after one or two Shell Smash boosts.
Can't wall jack **** with no recovery, Deo-D and Blissey hard counter it with Seismic Toss and Natural Cure or Taunt to stop Toxic from being an issue. Embarrassing when your wall is hard countered by the fact walls do too much damage to it.

Shuckle will continue to remain worthless until it gets Slack Off/Recover, AND an evolution to give it Eviolite. Not one or the other. Both.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Only 3 turns of sweeping (2 turns with an inevitable protect or something), die to any priority move in the game, and requires Shuckle to take one or two hits to begin with to work.

All of which takes an entire game of planning for a maximum of 2 kills

Nope. Still worthless.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm really curious about Contrary. I know Serperior becomes really good with it but what about Shuckle? I feel like it could wall almost anything after one or two Shell Smash boosts.
Critical Hits would still be a big threat to Shuckle though. Basically, the only good way to use Shuckle is to take advantage of Power Trick.

However, Shuckle needs Trick Room support, along with the Sturdy ability, or else it'll get KO'd by just about any physical attack in one blow; that is if Shuckle got damaged before using Power Trick. Of course, increased priority moves pretty much destroy Shuckle, regardless of the support that it is given, with only Sturdy being its saving grace. And if Shuckle gets hit by Taunt, it can't Power Trick, and it will be forced to use its underwhelming attack stat, instead of its massive defense stat to attack.

Simply put, Shuckle is only really useful in the double, triple, and rotation battles, but even there, priority is its biggest threat. Shame too, since it does get good use out of Gyro Ball with its sluggish speed.

Anyway, on a different subject, I have a female Aerodactyl that has its Dream World ability (Unnerve), and I'm willing to offer it up to someone who's interested in having one. In exchange, however, I do want to have a female Rhyhorn, and its Dream World ability is completely optional; Rhyperior gets better use out of Solid Rock anyway. If anyone wants to perform this trade, just PM me.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I don't have any trick room teams in mind.

EDIT: Meh, I'll just do dual screens and drop synthesis for leech seed...

EDIT2: If anyone uses Pokegen I need help with IR-GTS-BW. I can connect to wifi just fine without a specific DNS but when I use the DNS that it asks for I can't connect to wifi.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
>Goes onto GTS for the first time

>Requests a Delcatty

>People offering a Delcatty want Level 9 Volcarona, Archeops, and Zekrom.

Well then, lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why people ask for underleveled Pokemon there is beyond me. After all, a Hydreigon's level can't be lower than 64, contrary to all the underleveled Hydreigons that you'd see in the main story.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
E4 rematch is easy even with level 55s.

You're overleveled if anything.

:phone:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
>Goes onto GTS for the first time

>Requests a Delcatty

>People offering a Delcatty want Level 9 Volcarona, Archeops, and Zekrom.

Well then, lol.
This is why you put a Pokemon up for offer lol. People are more likely to take the offer than you are to find a good one. :p.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I've managed to win my very first World Leaders Tournament today. My opponents were Flannery, Crasher Wake, and Volkner during that tournament run, and it was under the double battle rules. The team that I used was...

Dragonite - Multiscale
Lopunny - Limber
Lucario - Inner Focus
Aerodactyl - Unnerve

If you're wondering why I used Lopunny, it has Fake Out, and it even took out Volkner's Fan Rotom with an Ice Gem boosted Ice Punch, though the critical hit also played a factor in the KO.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
***** please I've beaten Champions Tournament like 3 times now lol

IIRC I used my SubSeed/Taunt Serperior, Milotic, and Choice Scarf Flygon.
I've only got started though, and I still need to win 9 more World Leaders Tourneys before I can take on the Champions Tournament. You must also take into consideration the battle format that I'm involved in; your team is for single battles, but my team may be more affiliated for double battles, triple battles, or rotation battles.

Anyway, even though I have my first victory at the World Leaders Tournamnet, I will need a Safeguard user for my Dragonite, as if it's going to use Choice Scarf and Outrage, it'll need a partner that can put up Safeguard to keep it from becoming confused. I know that Whimsicott can do that effectively, but its pre-evolution, Cottonee, is arguably a better supporter, considering that it can use the Eviolite to boost its defenses.

I have yet to do a Leech Seed + Substitute combo though, but it seems that because Serperior can't legally have the Contrary ability yet, that's pretty much its best move right now.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I don't mind double battles now since I've trained some more Pokemon for them.

I remember that I used Leaf Storm on the SubSeed set with a grass gem for whenever I saw an opportunity to KO. I just used subs until I would get the Overgrow boost.

I'm still alternating between Leaf Storm and Giga Drain

Milotic would sponge fire and ice attacks and stall.

Flygon would go to town with outrage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Leech Seed + Substitute combo does sound quite nasty, IF you can get it all set up; some opponents will not give you that chance. Also, combining that combo with Protect would also add to the opponent's frustration. Double Team is obviously frowned upon, so Protect is a more acceptable option there.

Anyway, I also tried utilizing a Trick Room team for the World Leaders Tournament, but under the rotation battle rules. I was almost close to winning a perfect 12 BP, but I ended up getting 11 BP after beating Winona, Clair, and Norman, using the following Pokemon...

Reuniclus; Special Attacker + Trick Room + Life Orb user
Bronzong; primary Trick Room user (not really built for offense)
Slowking; Special Attacker + Choice Specs user
Crustle; Physical Attacker + Hone Claws (helps Stone Edge a lot)

Clair was the only opponent who KO'd one of my Pokemon; Winona and Norman were clean sweeps.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
So I'm contemplating on a Sun team for my Wifi battles:

Ninetales (Drought)
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Will-O-Wisp
-Roar

Lead Pokemon. This set is for opponents who switch in Politoed, Hippowdon, or Tyranitar. If I use Sunny Day on the same turn they switch in, then the weather will stay sunny and I can scare them with Solarbeam.

Serperior (Overgrow)
-Growth/ Calm Mind
-Hidden Power Fire
-Leaf Storm
-Synthesis/ Dragon Pulse/ Taunt/ ???

Pretty much every grass type can benefit from the sun. This set would be better with Contrary but it's unreleased; otherwise, just replace Growth/ Calm Mind with anything.

Blaziken (Speed Boost)
-Protect
-Flare Blitz
-Hi Jump Kick
-Earthquake/ Swords Dance

A fire type to benefit from the sun. Infernape would fit this role as well but Blaziken has Hi Jump Kick, an overall better move than Close Combat minus the odds of missing. I forget if Blaziken can learn U-Turn.

Flygon (Levitate)
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Fire Punch

My favorite Dragon pokemon lol. He has resistances that would otherwise hurt the other teammates. Good coverage moves to hit a lot of things hard.

Bronzong (Levitate)
-Stealth Rock
-?
-?
-?

I figured would be good for sponging Flying, Psychic and Ice moves and setting up Stealth Rock afterwards. I'm unaware of what else this thing does.

Lanturn (Volt Absorb)
-Thunder Wave
-Scald
-Volt Switch
-?

Great typing and nice bulk to take Fire and Flying attacks. Might alternate Lanturn with Starmie. Don't know what else to say.

I would appreciate input on the correct moves and EVs to run.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Random thoughts I'll just throw out there.

What about Slowbro? He's a strong wall...can recover both on switch-outs 'and' with Slack Off...and gets Fire Blast. Better for singles, but may work for dubs.

And I know it sounds standard, but I kind of feel like you should abuse the speed of some chlorophyll pokemon. Like Victreebel. (Weather Ball/SolarBeam/HP Ice/Sleep Powder) @LO

Blaziken can't learn U-turn. Though you could try opting for a mixed Blaziken with Protect/Fire Blast/HP Ice/HJK. I forget the EVs. I have them somewhere.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bronzong seems more built for being a wall, and it is one of the best Trick Room users that I know of. Basically, very few Pokemon can leave a big dent on Bronzong, since with Levitate, its only weakness is to Fire-type attacks (which can be temporarily negated with an Occa Berry), along with Earthquake and Earth Power users who have the Mold Breaker, Turboblaze, or Teravolt abilities.

Of course, Bronzong can also be used for offense, but it doesn't exactly do it as well as Metagross.

Top Bottom