• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I ran into a tynamo, but I didn't know if it was a trainer battle or a wild pokemon because I wasn't paying attention where I was going.

To test it, I threw a pokeball, because they are useless as far as I'm concerned.

Caught it in 1 hit. Only shook once.

I think it was a "Critical Capture"

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I ran into a tynamo, but I didn't know if it was a trainer battle or a wild pokemon because I wasn't paying attention where I was going.

To test it, I threw a pokeball, because they are useless as far as I'm concerned.

Caught it in 1 hit. Only shook once.

I think it was a "Critical Capture"
Catch rate for those is 190, btw. A.k.a. 24.8% catch when a pokeball is thrown at full health. Not sure about the shakes though.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
One shake is a critical capture and has a higher chance of succeeding since the game does not go through as many checks during it. So yes, I believe you just had a critical capture.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Critical captures don't guarantee that you'll catch the Pokemon though. I got a critical capture on a Volcarona, and it still broke free.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Starting now, and ending at 2/12, you can get Keldeo as a Mystery Gift. If anyone missed the last Keldeo event, this one will make up for it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm going to start cracking down on filling the Pokedex completely, except the for Event Legends that I was not able to get.

Since I want to start Heartgold all over, sending all the Pokemon there through Poke Transfer was the best step to start with. Got an additional 80 Pokemon added to the National Dex, and I'm still not complete with the Transferring yet. I think I have an additional 20 to send over.

With them sent over, I will just have the starters, Groudon, Rayquaza, Regice, Registeel, and, hilariously, the Ledyba line to get from the first three generations. The ladybug always seems to elude me somehow.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ledian is available in the wild if you're playing the White 2 version, but you'd need a swarm to take place at Route 22. If you own Black 2, however, then you'd be getting wild Ariados from the swarm instead.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I always got the first game in a pack, and Black 2 was no exception. I do not have White 2.

Makes it a hassle to get Ledyba by abiding by that system of mine, lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I always got the first game in a pack, and Black 2 was no exception. I do not have White 2.

Makes it a hassle to get Ledyba by abiding by that system of mine, lol.
There's the Pokemon Dream World that you can look up to if you need a Ledyba.

Anyway, because I have White 2, I'm able to catch a Ledian in the wild, but I need to resort to the Dream World to get a Spinarak.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
With them sent over, I will just have the starters, Groudon, Rayquaza, Regice, Registeel, and, hilariously, the Ledyba line to get from the first three generations. The ladybug always seems to elude me somehow.
One of Regice/Registeel is obtainable in Black 2, not sure which one of the two though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Registeel is catchable in Black 2 while Regice is catchable in White 2. But you can use the Unova Link to swap the keys around between versions, so in theory you can capture both of them in a single version.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
However, I did not have someone nearby with White 2 that I could immediately exchange keys with. A friend of mine told me earlier today that he had just beaten the game in White 2 and was now exploring the post game, but by then I had already cruised through Ruby and got the two remaining golems, plus Groudon, and Bagon so I didn't have to bank on a lucky Hidden Grotto find.

As long as Regigigas can be captured with golems from any of the games, and a golem can be from a different game from the other two like Black 2 Regirock, it should work out.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm fairly sure if you link even after you both have gotten your golems, you'll get the other key and be able to obtain the other Golem, so you'll have all 3 from your game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I've finally managed to get a female Poliwag who has Swift Swim at the Dream World, and this basically resulted in me being able to get a Swift Swim Poliwrath, and a Drizzle Politoed.

Drizzle really does come in handy for any Swift Swim team, though Cloud Nine and the other weather conditions can potentially mess it up without any Rain Dance users.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Cloud Nine only disables weather for as long as the ability user is out. It goes back to normal after they get off the field.

You only have to worry about other weather.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Turns out Ledian can be obtained in the Dreamyard in Black, and I just plain forgot about that. But now I realize I'm missing out on Teddiursa, unless I get lucky and Yancy will trade one on some random day.

But aside from that, I just need to trade the starters over, as well as the Pikachu line, and I'll have the first 386 done, or capable of being done, aside from Event Legends. For now I have 341 Pokemon down as Caught, just a little over half.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Cloud Nine only disables weather for as long as the ability user is out. It goes back to normal after they get off the field.

You only have to worry about other weather.
True, and in the Battle Subway, CPU players never use Golduck, so Cloud Nine never appears at all there; none of the opponent Pokemon have their Dream World abilities.

I'm just merely pointing out that when the Drizzle + Swift Swim combo is being used in a battle that consists of ubers (which is also the only place where such combinations are permitted in a competitive environment), if Rayquaza ever pops up, your Swift Swim users are going to have some trouble if a Rayquaza counter isn't set up; Air Lock will remove all weather effects while Rayquaza is on the field.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Drizzle and Kingdra are overpowered in game.

:phone:
It's too bad that Golduck doesn't get that same treatment, since it does have the exact same special attack and speed stats as Kingdra, and it too can get Swift Swim, but as its Dream World ability.

But I guess since Golduck is a pure Water-type, and is more fragile than Kingdra, it's more vulnerable to being KO'd. Of course, Calm Mind can help Golduck survive more neutral damage special attacks than what Kingdra can normally handle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry for the bump, but I do have a bit of a problem.

You know that Sableye can get the Prankster ability, right? Unfortunately, because I'm playing as a male trainer, I can't get a Sableye with that ability in my White Version 2. To make matters worse, because I'm playing White Version 2, Sableye is out of my reach at the Dream World (only the players who Game Sync with the Black or White versions can get it there).

Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to offer up a female Sableye with the Prankster ability to me. PM me if you're interested in helping me out.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Yo Finally Got and Beat Black 2

So I can finally post here without fear of spoilers! Sweet!~

:006:

So... Introductions aside~

Someone should totally trade me. I'll be doing a lot of breeding for IV's Nature, and Egg Moves.
So I'll usually have something to offer in return. :p

Pokemon Currently Searching For:

All Starters bar Emboar, Braviary or Rufflet

Current Egg Move Pokemon:

Brave Bird Zubat - Jolly

Perfect Stat Pokemon

Zangoose - Jolly
Perfect Stats: Attack/Speed

Rotom - Modest
Perfect Stats: Sp.A/Speed

Pignite - Adamant
Perfect Stats: Attack/Speed

Upcomming:

Head Smash Aggron - Adamant
Perfect Stats: Attack/HP

:009:

I'm going to end up with a lot of pokemon like these that I don't need as I continue breeding (Since I breed for 3 or 4 perfect stats) If any of you want one, just ask. You can give me anything. Lvl 2 Patrat,. Lvl 1. Trubbish, an Egg...

Gotta clear out space, haha.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To all Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 owners, an upcoming Wi-Fi event will offer you an opportunity to get Deoxys. You can find out more about the event at the Pokemon website.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What is a good level to fight the Elite 4 for the first time?

Im trying to get a team of level 70, but it's taking time

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
anyone playing blaze black 2/volt white 2?
Shouldn't it be Volt Black and Blaze White?

Ya know, cause the black pokemon is electric and the white pokemon is fire

Regardless of alliteration for the first one

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Shouldn't it be Volt Black and Blaze White?

Ya know, cause the black pokemon is electric and the white pokemon is fire

Regardless of alliteration for the first one
Well, except the black Pokemon is in White and vice versa.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It makes sense for the first game, but in black and white 2 it does have the pokemon matching the color of the game

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It makes sense for the first game, but in black and white 2 it does have the pokemon matching the color of the game
Oh. Well, way to go Nintendo, making everything five times more confusing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, they figured everyone playing white would get white 2 (and black would get black 2), so they would have reshiram AND zekrom by just buying those 2 games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They're ROM hacks.

Anyway, the Deoxys event is in effect, and it has two moves that it can't normally learn; Dark Pulse and Nasty Plot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got mine, I decided to get a Naive one

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My Deoxys is Timid, and I have it in its Speed Forme, as that forme can utilize Nasty Plot better than the Normal and Attack Formes; the Speed Forme has average defenses. And of course, the Speed Forme hits harder than the Defense Forme, and strikes faster as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I decided it does make more sense to have a speed form with nasty plot so I got one intended to be a speed form on my black 2.

Good thing I got both versions. Now I can make an awesome attack and speed form

Top Bottom