• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

XACE-K

Smash Master
Also, we've been a lot more off-topic than this even when there were a ton of sprites to discuss. We're basically still discussing the topic...Xace being the representative of the members would be related, would it not?
In any case, it's not exactly our fault that there is a lack of sprites. Bowser, MK, zrky and I are all busy. Spire doesn't fulfill requests anymore, and Mewter hasn't posted in the shop at all for a few weeks and fulfilled a request in even longer.

Speaking of sprites, though, may I present; Garcharp.

Me being representative makes me feel all important and stuff like that. >_>

Also, what is Garcharp supposed to be consisted of? I see Garchomp but what else is it?

And before Firus changes the rule again, I would like a Platinum sprite Darkrai + a Platinum sprite Magmortar.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Me being representative makes me feel all important and stuff like that. >_>

Also, what is Garcharp supposed to be consisted of? I see Garchomp but what else is it?

And before Firus changes the rule again, I would like a Platinum sprite Darkrai + a Platinum sprite Magmortar.
It's a fire-type Garchomp.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No baseball talk. It's too off-topic (practically the polar opposite of Pokemon) and plus, I don't like sports, especially not baseball. Yes, I'm an uber geek.
And yes, it's a joke that you can't do it because I don't like sports. The other part still stands, though.
I was joking, I hate baseball as well. I don't really see why off-topicness is so bad in a shop thread (if that was the case, half the threads in the AE would be locked), but it is Firus' thing so I'll respect that.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was joking, I hate baseball as well. I don't really see why off-topicness is so bad in a shop thread (if that was the case, half the threads in the AE would be locked), but it is Firus' thing so I'll respect that.
Off-topicness to some extent is not bad. I just don't like discussing something as unrelated as baseball -- even if you meant it as a joke, it still sparked conversation which was either a joke or not a joke, can't really tell. Either way, it sparked unnecessary off-topicness, so I just wanted it to stop.

Just...keep it reasonable.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I saw the arp in it and I thought it was supposed to be a Garchomp + Magikarp since it was a fad in here. I think it should be more fire-y and not have an orange glow.
There are only so many times you can do the same exact type of edit for a type change. I was trying to mix it up. Clearly, it failed, but I don't have any creative ideas for a fire type change at the moment.

****it, double post.

Done with Arceus/Magikarp.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Off-topicness to some extent is not bad. I just don't like discussing something as unrelated as baseball -- even if you meant it as a joke, it still sparked conversation which was either a joke or not a joke, can't really tell. Either way, it sparked unnecessary off-topicness, so I just wanted it to stop.

Just...keep it reasonable.
Yeah, keep it reasonable or else you're gonna have to deal with...

Mr.Xace: Ace Representative

Sorry, I had to.

Will Mewter EVER post in here again? I'm just wondering.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Zrky, I'm still waiting for my/your claim. LOL.

I'm really looking forward to it!

SF
sorry, I really honestly haven't had much time, and my parents have been making sure I don't have 'fun' on the computers especially since I failed a test last week, but ill make it good:)

so what did I miss, oh, yeah Firus, if your saying Unknown aren't pokemon then why not ban the new Rotoms, they are less of a pokemon than Unknown, and I still don't see a TRUE or real reason why they are banned:(

Xace, I was thinking of the Mewter thing also and Spire, whered they go?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
sorry, I really honestly haven't had much time, and my parents have been making sure I don't have 'fun' on the computers especially since I failed a test last week, but ill make it good:)

so what did I miss, oh, yeah Firus, if your saying Unknown aren't pokemon then why not ban the new Rotoms, they are less of a pokemon than Unknown, and I still don't see a TRUE or real reason why they are banned:(

Xace, I was thinking of the Mewter thing also and Spire, whered they go?
Oh, for heaven's sake, I'll quote Spire on the matter already. He explained it more eloquently than I will be able to.

Also, we don't use them because Unown are meant to represent symbols. Would we start making @, #, $, %, and & Unowns? No. There's a concept behind them - they are meant to represent language and communication, and mixing them is bringing their fusion-partners into a realm in which they do not belong. It just does not work conceptually.
That's what the rule is, has been for 200+ pages, and it's going to stay that way.

Spire's not fulfilling requests anymore, and no doubt he's busy with other things, so I don't know exactly where he is but something to that effect.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Oh, for heaven's sake, I'll quote Spire on the matter already. He explained it more eloquently than I will be able to.

That's what the rule is, has been for 200+ pages, and it's going to stay that way.

Spire's not fulfilling requests anymore, and no doubt he's busy with other things, so I don't know exactly where he is but something to that effect.
OK, I understand, and I now remember when he said that, I will accept the rule and not argue it any further, but I just think of them as Pokemon that represent letters not WASHING MACHINES. but let's just drop this and leave it here.

yeah, Skyler told me about the fanfic, but YOU xace got invited, I didn't know you were a Zelda person. I just like and enjoy the franchise, but I don't obsess over it like Pokemon:laugh:
not an offense if you took it that way, sorry

XACE-K

Smash Master
yeah, Skyler told me about the fanfic, but YOU xace got invited, I didn't know you were a Zelda person. I just like and enjoy the franchise, but I don't obsess over it like Pokemon:laugh:
not an offense if you took it that way, sorry
Yes I was invited, you got a problem with that? I'm not an overly-obsessive fan of Zelda but I do like the series. I obsess with Smash over any other game series.

Wrath`

Smash Master
There are only so many times you can do the same exact type of edit for a type change. I was trying to mix it up. Clearly, it failed, but I don't have any creative ideas for a fire type change at the moment.

****it, double post.

Thats awesome looking, good work

@uknown thing. We should do Uknown+cresselia+darkurai+lucario to show them why you don't fuse them, would be cool.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

****it, double post.

You did it! Thank you so much for doing my request!!! It's made of pure win!

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Well, since Spire's been gone for like...a month or something...
would someone mind taking his claimed requests?
Specifically the Fire-Aura Lucario I requested last month >_>

also, Magikarceus ftw.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

also, Magikarceus ftw.
I wasn't shure if i should have asked about them, but yeah it has been a long time the fire aura lucario I would recammend stayed with him since he's great at making fire
kinda like Prometheus:laugh:
but yeah what he said

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So much win. very nice job.
You did it! Thank you so much for doing my request!!! It's made of pure win!
Thanks for the compliments, guys.

also, Magikarceus ftw.
Yeah, sure. I suppose that's the only fair thing to do.

Nope.

lol mindgames
Yeah, you can tell by the lack of a line there above it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
well it's that ive actually seen some people with sigs and lack of line :ohwell:

aww man, why can't we have black names :lick:

A_man13

Smash Master
I thought I might as well drop by to suport the only GFX thing large enough to rival sigs (as well as suport Zrky). Pretty cool stuff you guys got going. I may have to request in the future.

So will you guys ever go from D&P sprites to Platnum sprites? 1/2 the sprites in platnum are the more ugly second frame sprites and some horible new additions (Floatzel looks hideous, Chatot has a shifty eye, and don't get me started on Skuntank).

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I thought I might as well drop by to suport the only GFX thing large enough to rival sigs (as well as suport Zrky). Pretty cool stuff you guys got going. I may have to request in the future.

So will you guys ever go from D&P sprites to Platnum sprites? 1/2 the sprites in platnum are the more ugly second frame sprites and some horible new additions (Floatzel looks hideous, Chatot has a shifty eye, and don't get me started on Skuntank).
hey, thanks for stopping by;) yeah were gonna use D/P unless specified (at least I am)
they FAILED empoleon

Wrath`

Smash Master
woo Koarin's back, yes, that fusion sounds fun :chuckle:

Xace, is the magik/-arceus your sig.?
Yeah, just busy with homework and playing new games I bought, but I will be doing my regular now that I finished the games, so how is everyone else faring in life?

We can call it the "forbiden fussion"

XACE-K

Smash Master
you should put every magikarp fusion in your sig:laugh:
I was actually thinking of doing that but I want it to be something really awesome. Since Mewkarp is my avatar, I should request 5 other fusions consisting of Magikarp and my favorite pokemon.

I would be the greatest Magikarp trainer EVER.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Thanks for the support.

I would say we will probably never fully shift over to Platinum as the default, or at least, I won't. You're right, a lot of the Platinum sprites look pretty awful. All in all, except for a few palette changes (I noticed both Quagsire and Darkrai's colors got slightly modified, for example) the sprites are hardly any improvement, just different poses.
And you will ALWAYS be able to request any generation or game, even if we did default to Platinum. The only advantage to fourth generation is that the sprites are generally better quality, but not that much more than third generation and a lot of the Pokemon have really stupid poses in fourth generation that, unfortunately, weren't in the Sinnoh Dex and didn't get a shot at a better sprite. Bulbasaur and Jigglypuff come to mind...which is why I always use third generation Jigglypuff unless it's requested otherwise. The D/P/Pt sprite just doesn't feel like Jigglypuff.

And by the way, as if the Rotom forms had little merit enough as it is...my friend pointed out to me that the forms do NOT change type. So anyone hoping for cool new types, like Fire/Electric, Grass/Electric, or BoltBeam STAB? Yeah, not happening.
All we have is a bunch of appliances who have better stats and can learn either an uber, almost-never-hit move, or an uber, nerf-your-special-attack move. Or a regular move (Air Cutter).

XACE-K

Smash Master
And by the way, as if the Rotom forms had little merit enough as it is...my friend pointed out to me that the forms do NOT change type. So anyone hoping for cool new types, like Fire/Electric, Grass/Electric, or BoltBeam STAB? Yeah, not happening.
All we have is a bunch of appliances who have better stats and can learn either an uber, almost-never-hit move, or an uber, nerf-your-special-attack move. Or a regular move (Air Cutter).
Too bad but whatever. All Rotom toasters toast Luigi.

If you watch YTP, you would understand the reference.

A_man13

Smash Master
Rotom definetly seems to have gotten an improvment in the platnum switch. I was actually coming up with a rotom moveset the other night (I won't share, but it's kinda meh to begin with). I'm actually glad that they didn't change type like that; it gives rotom some extra stab from some of the better moves in the game. But, then again, it looses stab from the form moves.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Rotom's speed gets a drop. It doesn't really matter what moves are deleted IMO. Cut forme and Fan(?) formes are the only ones I see getting competitive action because of T-wave/Air Slash, and Leaf storm is the only practical move out of all of the other ones. AND IT'S SPELLED FORME!!!

"Want cool sprite fusions?
'The Custom Pokemon Shop'
It keeps us alive"

There's your haiku.

XACE-K

Smash Master
OK, this is the Custom Pokemon Shop, not the Rotom Shop. Stop f***ing talking about him! Talk about him in the Platinum thread. Don't even say " Rotom's a pokemon on this thread is about pokemon so," whatever. No more talking about him.

"Want cool sprite fusions?
'The Custom Pokemon Shop'
It keeps us alive"

There's your haiku.
You actually made the haiku. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. You really need to detect sarcasm.

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Dear firus: I take my mismagius requests back. I dont want you to delay any other fusions for them.

A_man13

Smash Master
It's speed get's dropped by 10, but every other stat goes up...

In my oppinion, I think every forme except frost rotom will get used. My personal favorites are wash and SPIN rotom; air slash is probably the most practical move of the set and wash rotom not only deals with the stupid ground pokes and is the most usefull uber move. Though if charge beam was an option and psych up would return the stats to normal...

I think I got a request in mind, but i'll save it for later.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
...I didn't have to write the haiku? Well there goes the past week of my life :/

[Not something off topic] May I request a Jigglypuff with the Female FR/LG trainer's hat? *See current avatar*. NO GEN IV SPRITE!!!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
OK, this is the Custom Pokemon Shop, not the Rotom Shop. Stop f***ing talking about him! Talk about him in the Platinum thread. Don't even say " Rotom's a pokemon on this thread is about pokemon so," whatever. No more talking about him
Agreed. If you want to discuss rotom, go to the Platinum thread. I'll even start it for you...

It's speed get's dropped by 10, but every other stat goes up...

In my oppinion, I think every forme except frost rotom will get used. My personal favorites are wash and SPIN rotom; air slash is probably the most practical move of the set and wash rotom not only deals with the stupid ground pokes and is the most usefull uber move. Though if charge beam was an option and psych up would return the stats to normal...

I think I got a request in mind, but i'll save it for later.

Great to see some new requesters :)

Top Bottom