• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Yaya

Smash Champion
You think West side Shellos is bad? Look at West Side Gastrodon.

EEEEWWWW....

Also, Magmortar looks like he has a cap fresh for popping in your Pokemon's ***.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Agreed. Especially Darkrai because he wants to steal your soul.

I want Darkrai to be unbanned now. If not, I'll get all 493 pokemon to beat you down. That doesn't include the transformations btw.
I was thinking of asking about unbanning drkrai when I saw it yesterday, still no Cressilia, it looks harder to work with now

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
1. The Darkrai ban occurred for this reason: it's slightly difficult to work with, but MOSTLY because the amount of requests for him were insane. I'll consider an unban if you guys promise not to go overboard.

2. Cresselia, no. It's a completely failure Pokemon and the Pokemon itself is difficult to work with, not just that specific sprite.
It does look slightly better to work with now (for example, you could work with the crescents on the side a little easier now), but again, it's so failure I will not unban it.

3. Skyler, I do agree that the Rotom forms are failure...but despite that, they seem like they actually might be fun to work with. As much as I hate to admit it. Let's give them a trial run. If they get too highly requested or turn out to be harder to work with than expected, or both, then a ban may be in order.
But I will be making an "IMA MOWIN' YOUR LAWN" Cut Form Rotom.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Oh my...

What is the reasoning behind the Rotom forms? >>

Also, Darkrai looks awesome in the Platinum sprite sheet. I think I'll go recolor him pink. Thanks, Firus. :3

Can I have a Mewtwo/Gallade fusion, please? :D

XACE-K

Smash Master
1. The Darkrai ban occurred for this reason: it's slightly difficult to work with, but MOSTLY because the amount of requests for him were insane. I'll consider an unban if you guys promise not to go overboard.
OK, I'll just wait until my other request is done.

@Yaya: I agree with that on Magmortar.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh my...

What is the reasoning behind the Rotom forms? >>

Also, Darkrai looks awesome in the Platinum sprite sheet. I think I'll go recolor him pink. Thanks, Firus. :3

Can I have a Mewtwo/Gallade fusion, please? :D
The reasoning behind it? Nintendo has run out of ideas and so they're giving us possessed appliances and passing them off as Pokemon.

No problem.

And do you want to specify Gallade's sprite? If not, I'll just choose my favorite (or whoever does it will), just wanted to remind you that you have to specify between Platinum or Diamond/Pearl if you want a specific sprite used.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
People have no taste. Possessed Appliances>>>>>>>>>>>>>normal Pokemon.

Even if we ban them, I'll still be willing to use them :).
...If we ban them, then you shouldn't be doing them as official requests of the shop. Even if you like them.

As I said, we would be banning them for a lack of ease of use or if they're too highly requested. Not because they fail.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
...If we ban them, then you shouldn't be doing them as official requests of the shop. Even if you like them.

As I said, we would be banning them for a lack of ease of use or if they're too highly requested. Not because they fail.
fine...

I doubt anyone is going to over request them. Darkrai is over popular and cresselia is hard to work with.

Rotoms aren't any of those.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
fine...

I doubt anyone is going to over request them. Darkrai is over popular and cresselia is hard to work with.

Rotoms aren't any of those.
I haven't tried working with any of them yet, so I can't judge how hard they'll be to use.

A majority of the Poke Center seems to like them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they got a lot of requests. We cannot say how popular they'll be until people start requesting (or not requesting) them. I'm not saying a ban would occur, I am in fact wanting to keep them unbanned unless we discover something about them. All I'm saying is, if the shop bans them then you may not do them as official requests. As work on your own time, or for requests outside of the shop, I won't (and can't) stop you, but requests for them will not be allowed here.

Oh, Xacey...*points at post count*

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
And do you want to specify Gallade's sprite? If not, I'll just choose my favorite (or whoever does it will), just wanted to remind you that you have to specify between Platinum or Diamond/Pearl if you want a specific sprite used.
Any sprite at all. I'm not that stingy when it comes to a Pokemon with only fourth gen sprites. Some of the D/P/Plat. sprites look sort of... flat to me.

I'm curious.

What was so difficult about working with Cresselia? I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just wondering so I can look out for it in the future... And why are the Unown banned, too?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
No, Unown is banned for a really ******** reason; it went 'against their purpose.' :(

Firus made me a Bayleef Unown after it was banned, and it didn't look half bad.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm curious.

What was so difficult about working with Cresselia? I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just wondering so I can look out for it in the future... And why are the Unown banned, too?
Cresselia...it's got little to work with (i.e. not really any pieces to take off and fuse). And it's so oddly shaped that it's hard to do much with otherwise.

This was my failed attempt at a Cresselia fusion.

Unown is banned because...well, basically because they're not truly Pokemon, they're basically the alphabet, so it would be unfitting to fuse them with a Pokemon. They're not really that hard to work with at all, I did that Unowleef and it actually was rather easy.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
No, Unown is banned for a really ******** reason; it went 'against their purpose.' :(

Firus made me a Bayleef Unown after it was banned, and it didn't look half bad.
Really? If a pokemons concept isn't good that dosen't call for a ban.

Agreed. It was actually pretty good.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Really? If a pokemons concept isn't good that dosen't call for a ban.
No, not that the concept was bad. That Unown is not truly a Pokemon. It's the alphabet. Putting it in the same category as Seviper and Hopip would be inaccurate.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Oh, Xacey...*points at post count*
Why you little son of a .....I'M GONNA RIP YOUR F***ING HEAD OFF AND FEED IT TO POSSESSED APPLIANCES. THAN I'LL GET ALL 493 POKEMANZ AND MAKE THEM BEAT THE S*** OUT OF YOU!

Anyway, it doesn't even matter. I'm a Smash Lod which sounds cooler than Smash Debater. It'll be even better when I'm a Smash Master. Also, your name is in pink which is dumb because I sez so.

As for the bans, ban Purugly because I hate her, unban Darkrai and Unknown because they are awesome. And ban Jigglypuf lolololololol
Yes, the last part is sarcasm

This is all Sakurai's fault about the post count.

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
This has gone so off topic it isnt funny.

Do not say "Off-Topic:" in a post. If you have to put something there, then go to the Social Group the zrky made and post it there. Anyone who makes a largely off-topic post in here will not have any requests fulfilled for three days, whether the request has already been made or if you make it after you post that

Hypocrites much?

M.K

Level 55

Do not say "Off-Topic:" in a post. If you have to put something there, then go to the Social Group the zrky made and post it there. Anyone who makes a largely off-topic post in here will not have any requests fulfilled for three days, whether the request has already been made or if you make it after you post that

Hypocrites much?
Well, you don't come in here much, but I agree. C'mon guys, seriously, get back on topic. The next time one of these little tyriads comes up, someone is gonna be in a world of verbal hurting!

XACE-K

Smash Master

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Hypocrites much?
Yeah, we put up that rule ages ago and it hasn't worked out. NO ONE has been completely faithful to the rule, and no penalty can really go towards the members of the shop for posting off-topic either. I mean, what do we do? You can't fulfill requests for 3 days? Well, they can easily do it on their own time and then just post them when the 3 days are up, and some might appreciate the 3 day break. So what do we do, tell them they have to make x edits in 3 days? That doesn't work, what if someone is really busy (or if they're not and say they are) and can't do it?

Don't call us hypocrites. We tried implementing a rule that simply hasn't worked. If it'll make you happier, I'll simply remove it from the OP.

Also, we've been a lot more off-topic than this even when there were a ton of sprites to discuss. We're basically still discussing the topic...Xace being the representative of the members would be related, would it not?
In any case, it's not exactly our fault that there is a lack of sprites. Bowser, MK, zrky and I are all busy. Spire doesn't fulfill requests anymore, and Mewter hasn't posted in the shop at all for a few weeks and fulfilled a request in even longer.

Speaking of sprites, though, may I present; Garcharp.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I hate the Red Sox

They beat my Blue Jays today.

The Red Sox must be washed with my White T-shirt so that they become the girliest team ever.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just out of curiosity, why's Darkrai banned?
Because way back when he was banned, edits of him were very over-requested.
I think I'll unban him for now. If it gets out of hand, though, he'll go back on.

I'll change the banned graphic ASAP.

M.K

Level 55
hate the Red Sox

They beat my Blue Jays today.

The Red Sox must be washed with my White T-shirt so that they become the girliest team ever.
If we stay off topic, I may as well post.

My team needs moar ratings.
So, how 'bout those red sox?
NONE of your requests are going to be fulfilled by me. At all. Ever. For three days.

STOP going off topic. It is REALLY annoying.

>:(

I don't usually get annoyed, but I am now.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you've got to go off-topic, at least keep it Pokemon related.

No baseball talk. It's too off-topic (practically the polar opposite of Pokemon) and plus, I don't like sports, especially not baseball. Yes, I'm an uber geek.
And yes, it's a joke that you can't do it because I don't like sports. The other part still stands, though.

And you speak of the lack of sprites, yet I just posted a sprite up and I didn't get a single comment on it...did it just get drowned out by the ridiculous amount of Red Sox talk?

I'm with MK here...I wasn't annoyed before, but I am now. If this Red Sox talk keeps going, anyone who is keeping it going will receive the "no requests fulfilled for 3 days" treatment.
Believe it or not, sonofthesky, we try not to keep the off-topicness this bad.

Top Bottom