• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

XACE-K

Smash Master
SHUT up.
Who the hell do you think you are? You have NEVER posted in here, you have NEVER contributed to this thread, and you have NEVER cared for this thread before.

Our thread is prosperous, dignified, and brings joy to people. Unless you have something of importance to contribute to our thread, I suggest you leave before I am forced to include the administration in this matter
lol

Problem is the mods. If the mods come here, they would see the spam. If they see the spam, they'ld close the thread. If the close the thread, that would suck.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
please stop the spam.

In fact, stop this thread!

by that I mean open up a second thread of this. It's ridiculous to have any thread have 200+ pages.
woopyfrood said it perfectly.

That's how this thread works, and always has worked. This has basically become the general place for the Poke Center to convene and chat when new sprites are not there to be discussed. If you don't like it, you don't have to come here.

What's the point of starting the thread over? This trend will not stop with the next thread, and I hope it doesn't. The Custom Pokemon Shop is largely attributed to a burst in activity in the Poke Center. Ask any Poke Center regular.

There's nothing ridiculous about having 200+ pages. May I direct you to threads such as Make Your Move and SSB4?

M.K

Level 55

Introducing: Jolava!

Here you go, WaveKirby!

Also, here is that "Transparent Pikachu" that was requested a LONG time ago!

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Hey Firus, did j00 see mah over-the-top rant on Rotom? I think ah made a good statement wit dat...yesm ah deed...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey Firus, did j00 see mah over-the-top rant on Rotom? I think ah made a good statement wit dat...
Yeah, it was good.

Especially the "A ****ING WASHER?

MK, Jolava looks great.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to do much spriting lately, as opposed to my laziness for the past few weeks, I've been busy as hell lately. When I get enough free time I'll definitely try to do some.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Eh! Don't be so mean to Articanus.

I think he was just worrried that because of all the off-topic conversation here, that the entire Poke Center may feel the repercussions. That's why we made the PC discussion group, remember?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
please stop the spam.

In fact, stop this thread!

by that I mean open up a second thread of this. It's ridiculous to have any thread have 200+ pages.
well it's been talked about if I recall corectly, but like Firus said 'it's like the mothership of the PC"

Introducing: Jolava!

Here you go, WaveKirby!

Also, here is that "Transparent Pikachu" that was requested a LONG time ago!
I like Jolava, you had awelready showed transparent pikachu:ohwell:

Yeah, it was good.

Especially the "A ****ING WASHER?

MK, Jolava looks great.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to do much spriting lately, as opposed to my laziness for the past few weeks, I've been busy as hell lately. When I get enough free time I'll definitely try to do some.
^^^
same problem with lack of spriting, especially since my dad is getting a little buggy about me doing them:urg:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
People!!! When have you guys become so territorial. "We rule the PC and no one can stop us" is the vibe I got from the last few posts on Articanus. He had a legitimate argument, countering it with "Shut up" or "leave" is not only rude but stupid. If you want to tell him why we are keeping this thread, then do that, name calling is a stupid excuse for not anting to listen.

M.K

Level 55
People!!! When have you guys become so territorial. "We rule the PC and no one can stop us" is the vibe I got from the last few posts on Articanus. He had a legitimate argument, countering it with "Shut up" or "leave" is not only rude but stupid. If you want to tell him why we are keeping this thread, then do that, name calling is a stupid excuse for not anting to listen.
He just came into this thread for the VERY first time, berated what we stand for, and suggesed that we close this thread.
I have deep pride in my work, and for anyone to just come into here and tell me that we don't have control of this thread, I WILL get territorial. I don't care WHO says it, I refuse to be told off by someone who DOESN'T frequently visit this thread and doesn't wish to take a part in this thread at ALL.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
He just came into this thread for the VERY first time, berated what we stand for, and suggesed that we close this thread.
I have deep pride in my work, and for anyone to just come into here and tell me that we don't have control of this thread, I WILL get territorial. I don't care WHO says it, I refuse to be told off by someone who DOESN'T frequently visit this thread and doesn't wish to take a part in this thread at ALL.
Actually, I searched the thread and it turns out he's posted in the thread three times before. Not massive, and certainly not a frequent visitor, but...he's right, he did come here before even you did.

However, I'm with you. I have passionately argued to keep this very thread forever. I'm big on the original things, old stuff, etc. which is probably why I bought Super Metroid for my SNES -- I would rather play the original even though I think there's little difference (although I do believe a friend of mine (who's very well-versed in SM, mind you) who told me that the original has better quality sound). I do not wish to get rid of this thread. Yes, there's "spam". But mods occasionally visit the Poke Center and would surely check out such a popular thread, and Xsyven has come here before (the first and only mod to date that posted here) and we have not been given any sort of warning.

With good reason. Look at any of the sig shops. The Artwork Emporium surely gets better moderation than the Poke Center, yet a large portion of the conversation is not sig-related. In a situation like that, it's pretty much either let the thread die or have some general conversation like that. And considering the Poke Center's largest amount of activity tends to be in here, stopping it would seriously limit activity.

I appreciate your concern, but I think we're fine.

By the way, I just found out today that, for sure, that tourney will be ALL ITEMS ON. So this tournament is officially very uncompetitive.

Apparently their reasoning for this is that people will complain either way, and they figure less will complain this way.
If I weren't a nice person, I'd yell at them until they turn all of them off. Unfortunately, I'm too nice.

M.K

Level 55
Actually, I searched the thread and it turns out he's posted in the thread three times before. Not massive, and certainly not a frequent visitor, but...he's right, he did come here before even you did.

However, I'm with you. I have passionately argued to keep this very thread forever. I'm big on the original things, old stuff, etc. which is probably why I bought Super Metroid for my SNES -- I would rather play the original even though I think there's little difference (although I do believe a friend of mine (who's very well-versed in SM, mind you) who told me that the original has better quality sound). I do not wish to get rid of this thread. Yes, there's "spam". But mods occasionally visit the Poke Center and would surely check out such a popular thread, and Xsyven has come here before (the first and only mod to date that posted here) and we have not been given any sort of warning.

With good reason. Look at any of the sig shops. The Artwork Emporium surely gets better moderation than the Poke Center, yet a large portion of the conversation is not sig-related. In a situation like that, it's pretty much either let the thread die or have some general conversation like that. And considering the Poke Center's largest amount of activity tends to be in here, stopping it would seriously limit activity.

I appreciate your concern, but I think we're fine.
Nicely worded, Firus. Much less "I'm gonna stab your effing brains out" then me, but very good!

I have a drastic idea....

I think me and you should apply for moderators for the Poke Center.....no joke (serious face)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nicely worded, Firus. Much less "I'm gonna stab your effing brains out" then me, but very good!

I have a drastic idea....

I think me and you should apply for moderators for the Poke Center.....no joke (serious face)
If anyone were to apply or ask to be moderator, the chances would likely decrease by 50% or more. Plus, it'd be annoying (put yourself in their position, don't you think that'd be annoying if every person on the forum were asking to become mod?) and well...if they decide they want us as mods, they'll make it happen. If not, so be it.

GOD**** IT.

Super Metroid is awesome (best game ever) but I just fell into some water next to a claw...mouth...thingy, below which were spikes, and I kept losing health and wasn't able to get out no matter how I tried so...yeah.

I need to get out of my Speed/1% running mentality...I didn't save when I had the chance like, twice.
[/random rant]

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
NO. Here's reasons.

1. Neither of you are mature enough. I'm not being mean, I'm being serious. I've seen how both of you post outside of the PC, and it's often pretty childish. Nor is any other member of the PC crew, except maybe Spire. Kinda.

2. You aren't well-respected SWF members. Honestly, this is a HUGE part of becoming a mod; You must be really cool, and generally well-liked.

3. People who ask to become mods, normally don't. It's true.

If the PC ever comes to the point where it really needs a mod (it isn't there yet), however, someone should apply. Or at least bring up the attention of the Admins and have them find someone who cares enough about the PC to mod us.

EDIT: And leave Articanus alone. You don't look cool dissing him.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
1. Neither of you are mature enough. I'm not being mean, I'm being serious. I've seen how both of you post outside of the PC, and it's often pretty childish. Nor is any other member of the PC crew, except maybe Spire. Kinda.
Explain to me exactly what it is that's so immature about the way I post? I resent that comment. I don't care if you were trying to be mean or not, calling me childish is not a nice thing to say, and rather uncalled for if I may say so myself, considering I didn't even make the comment and refuted it myself.

I HATE THIS.

Yes, he's Articanus. I frankly don't care who he is. If the most respected member on SmashBoards (whoever that would be) called everyone a moron, would you say "leave them alone" when people are offended and comment back?

This is obviously a much lighter situation. But I don't think ANYONE is saying anything against him to look cool.
Also, I recall Meta-Kirby saying that we should start the thread over (first in the AE, then I believe he just said something about in the PC...though I could be wrong) and I saw no offense when people retaliated over that.

XACE-K

Smash Master
NO. Here's reasons.

2. You aren't well-respected SWF members. Honestly, this is a HUGE part of becoming a mod; You must be really cool, and generally well-liked.

If the PC ever comes to the point where it really needs a mod (it isn't there yet), however, someone should apply. Or at least bring up the attention of the Admins and have them find someone who cares enough about the PC to mod us.

Let's see where I am according to this.

1.I don't even know how I post outside of here. I rarely post in the GBD where everyone seems childish. Last time I did, I got an infraction.

2. I'm only well-known in the PC, Forum Games and possibly the Ike boards.

3. Never asked to be one.

Also, I don't care about the Articanus situation. He's both right and wrong. Most of the time, we are spamming this thread but I don't think another thread should be started.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Explain to me exactly what it is that's so immature about the way I post? I resent that comment. I don't care if you were trying to be mean or not, calling me childish is not a nice thing to say, and rather uncalled for if I may say so myself, considering I didn't even make the comment and refuted it myself.

I HATE THIS.

Yes, he's Articanus. I frankly don't care who he is. If the most respected member on SmashBoards (whoever that would be) called everyone a moron, would you say "leave them alone" when people are offended and comment back?

This is obviously a much lighter situation. But I don't think ANYONE is saying anything against him to look cool.
Also, I recall Meta-Kirby saying that we should start the thread over (first in the AE, then I believe he just said something about in the PC...though I could be wrong) and I saw no offense when people retaliated over that.
This... is what I mean by childish. I'm not sure if anyone's told you this before, Firus, but you're very quick to take offense, even in something as pointless and unspiteful as this. I've seen this in the Proom a few times, too.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
NOTE: I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else here! In fact, my posting ability has gone down the toilet in the past few months. To think, people thought I used to be witty...

XACE-K

Smash Master
NOTE: I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else here! In fact, my posting ability has gone down the toilet in the past few months. To think, people thought I used to be witty...
I still think you're witty. You beat all of us in join date and post count which is good.

Also, what do you mean by posting ability?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This... is what I mean by childish. I'm not sure if anyone's told you this before, Firus, but you're very quick to take offense, even in something as pointless and unspiteful as this. I've seen this in the Proom a few times, too.
I am very quick to take offense. You called me childish. I'm not allowed to take offense to that? It's not pointless.

And the Articanus part, that's just the last straw in a combination of continuously hearing "I miss the good days of the Poke Center..." and how amazing Articanus is. Basically what everyone talking about the "good ol' days" is coming off to me is that newer members who haven't been here that long are worse members, have ruined the Poke Center, something to that effect. And I take umbrage to that.

Quick to anger =/= childish. It just means I'm very irritable. It's just as much of a quality as being too trusting, being quick to tears, etc.

Throughout this whole thing, you're neglecting the fact that you insulted me without being provoked. If someone is being a moron (which oftentimes people are) or insulting me, yes, I have a tendency to get angry. That doesn't make me childish.

Whatever. You want to call me childish, fine. It doesn't change my likelihood for being a mod. If I ever become a mod for anything other than forums that offer modship to the first __ members to join, I'll be shocked. I never said I was going to become a mod.

I have had it up to here with being told how to feel.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I still think you're witty. You beat all of us in join date and post count which is good.

Also, what do you mean by posting ability?
Not really. :/

By posting ability, I mean... The ability to post well. Take a look through my post history, I'm not nearly as witty as I used to be.

I am very quick to take offense. You called me childish. I'm not allowed to take offense to that? It's not pointless.

And the Articanus part, that's just the last straw in a combination of continuously hearing "I miss the good days of the Poke Center..." and how amazing Articanus is. Basically what everyone talking about the "good ol' days" is coming off to me is that newer members who haven't been here that long are worse members, have ruined the Poke Center, something to that effect. And I take umbrage to that.

Quick to anger =/= childish. It just means I'm very irritable. It's just as much of a quality as being too trusting, being quick to tears, etc.

Throughout this whole thing, you're neglecting the fact that you insulted me without being provoked. If someone is being a moron (which oftentimes people are) or insulting me, yes, I have a tendency to get angry. That doesn't make me childish.

Whatever. You want to call me childish, fine. It doesn't change my likelihood for being a mod. If I ever become a mod for anything other than forums that offer modship to the first __ members to join. I never said I was going to become a mod.

I have had it up to here with being told how to feel.
I was out of line there. I apologize, Firus, and see your point. I'll try to stop constantly flaming you, which I often do.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Not really. :/

By posting ability, I mean... The ability to post well. Take a look through my post history, I'm not nearly as witty as I used to be.
Oh, I see. But look on the bright side, you're an 05er. Not an 06, 07 and thankfully not the usual 08er but an 05er. People should look up to you because of that.

Looking up to people on the internets? That would be interesting.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I know you weren't talking to me or Firus, but agreed

NO. Here's reasons.

1. OK, were all immature sometimes, but it's something we do as humans(duh)
2. Im know here (obviously) and artwork Emporium, yes i do go there
3. Im w(am)as a mod somewhere else (temporary was), i wouldn't mind Firus or Bowser wouldn't make bad ones either

I really don't care if it's GimpyFish, CK, or Articanus, he's a person as much as we are, and OK he might not have know it had been discussed, and I don't mind that he said it
freedom of speech
but we should really stop this argument if you wanna answer go the the shop group or the PC group

Before anybody asks, on AIM or otherwise, I'M STAYING OUT OF THIS.
this is how I feel when you and blubber nugget argue
spore

Overload

Smash Lord
Would it be possible for a shiny version of mewtumbra to be added next to the original? All you would have to do is change the yellow rings to blue like shiny umbreon.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone has done this as of yet, but do one of you think that you could Revamp the 1st gen Charizard sprite (not the back)?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was out of line there. I apologize, Firus, and see your point. I'll try to stop constantly flaming you, which I often do.
No, it's fine. No apology necessary. You weren't flaming me at all.

Just in case this is coming off wrong (which, reading it, it seems like it might), this is not sarcasm.

awesome man thanks
No problem.

M.K

Level 55
I see your point for ME, Zook, but Firus is one of the most intelligent posters on this entire board. Other than this thread, I am nothing more than a mere skin cell on the body of the boards.
Firus is quick to take offense in an amazing way. He knows what he thinks is right, and argues whatever he can to best prove his point to other posters. I envy your writing skills, Firus.
If there was anyone on this entire board, it would definetly be YOU that I would nominate to be a moderator of the Poke Center. Not only do you keep the peace around here, but you contribute to EVERY thread in a kind and polite manner.
Zook, I don't really post in a childish manner outside of here, but I respect your opinion, but just choose to disagree with it.
Huh? A moment when I'm not threatening to eat your legs? Be wary, this is a rare moment. I'm too surprised by the fact that you thought Firus was a childish poster to be mad....I mean, that was very insane!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I don't know if anyone has done this as of yet, but do one of you think that you could Revamp the 1st gen Charizard sprite (not the back)?
Ive revamped the one from green on my free time, I just need to upload it:)

thanks for doing the shiny Firus I ended up going to the movies

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I see your point for ME, Zook, but Firus is one of the most intelligent posters on this entire board. Other than this thread, I am nothing more than a mere skin cell on the body of the boards.
Firus is quick to take offense in an amazing way. He knows what he thinks is right, and argues whatever he can to best prove his point to other posters. I envy your writing skills, Firus.
If there was anyone on this entire board, it would definetly be YOU that I would nominate to be a moderator of the Poke Center. Not only do you keep the peace around here, but you contribute to EVERY thread in a kind and polite manner.
Zook, I don't really post in a childish manner outside of here, but I respect your opinion, but just choose to disagree with it.
Huh? A moment when I'm not threatening to eat your legs? Be wary, this is a rare moment. I'm too surprised by the fact that you thought Firus was a childish poster to be mad....I mean, that was very insane!
Thanks, MK, I appreciate the compliment.

I probably wouldn't agree with you, I don't consider myself to be that intelligent, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

Oh yeah, and...two things.

Number One: I changed my mind. I'm spoiling things about Platinum save for TWO THINGS: anything that happens with Galactic (from slight tidbits on Serebii, it sounds quite different from last time) and who the Champion is. Unless it's Cynthia still. I could've sworn they said they were going to change the eighth Gym Leader and it's still Volkner, so...if they didn't change the Champion, tell me that to spare me the "Waiiit...it didn't change?" when I get there. If not though, keep it a secret.

Number Two: SCORE!

That should be great experience, and it was a feature I hoped for.

Ive revamped the one from green on my free time, I just need to upload it:)

thanks for doing the shiny Firus I ended up going to the movies
No problem, it's my sprite anyways and it was just a simple recolor.

...I just realized that kinda proves that I have no life. You went out to the movies while I sat at my computer making sprites. >.>

Something's wrong right with this picture.

M.K

Level 55
They didn't change the Champion (it is still Cynthia) but let's just say that the Pokedex has changed a bit to include better teams for ALL of the members of the Elite Four. You can also rechallenge the Elite Four at Level 80!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They didn't change the Champion (it is still Cynthia) but let's just say that the Pokedex has changed a bit to include better teams for ALL of the members of the Elite Four. You can also rechallenge the Elite Four at Level 80!
The hell? Serebii lied...

In any case, it doesn't matter. I don't really care about the Pokemon they have, just if the Champion were different. But she's not.
I did notice that Gastrodon got replaced by Togekiss...I suppose it makes sense, but why would you want to use that...thing?

Glad to see Eevee's in the Sinnoh Dex now, you can see the Eeveelutions in-game now rather than having them be barely included.
Unfortunately, Leafeon and Glaceon are still Failed Eeveelutions.

*Sigh*
Some of Serebii's typos, misspellings, and grammar errors make me facepalm.

"...upmost strategy."
The word is "utmost".

Thanks though, MK, for telling me that.

Top Bottom