• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Number Two: SCORE!

That should be great experience, and it was a feature I hoped for.

No problem, it's my sprite anyways and it was just a simple recolor.

...I just realized that kinda proves that I have no life. You went out to the movies while I sat at my computer making sprites. >.>

Something's wrong right with this picture.
eh, we went to see Burn After Reading, and if you like government humor and stuff, you would REALLY enjoy it.

Well, Eevee/Porygon are NOT wild Pokemon....

Introducing: Ice/Dark Type Mesprit (Vilorite)
nice, crap Porygon is one of my favorites:ohwell:

EDIT: I like umbreon, magnezon, and Porygon-Z's new sprites

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, Eevee/Porygon are NOT wild Pokemon....

Introducing: Ice/Dark Type Mesprit (Vilorite)
True, but I mean more of seeing them with trainers. They're awesome Pokemon (the real Eeveelutions, anyways) so it's great to see them receive more mention.

Vilorite looks great.

Four things.

1. I hate my internet connection.

2. I'm working on the Pending List right now. Getting it updated, that is.

3. After that, I'll be working on the Bug/Dark Scizor.

4. After THAT, I'll start ripping the Platinum sprites from Serebii. Just to put on a sheet, for easy access. Since tSR has had a "We're undergoing changes" message up for about a month or so now, and it has said "We'll be changing this message soon" for about a month or so, I don't know how their updating is going to go...not to mention, when they do end up updating, who knows when they'll get around to putting up a Platinum spritesheet, if one has been submitted to them, that is. So I need to gather the sprites.

Once I finish with the sheet (I will notify you guys) Platinum sprite requests will be allowed. And all of the Rotom forms are up on Serebii, so those will be available to make once I'm done as well.
And keep in mind that only Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex/4th Gen Pokemon have a new sprite, so don't request, say a Bulbasaur/Moltres fusion with Platinum sprites, because neither of them have one.

Here's the page with the Pokemon that are in the Sinnoh Dex listed. I think you can guess the rest...if not, you shouldn't be making requests anyways.

P.S. Hippopotas looks like it's dead. And Gyarados looks sick. Not in the good way, either.
Umbreon looks too small and too blue, if you ask me. And Lickilicky looks like it's about to fall over.

Oh yeah, one last thing. If any of the other members have trouble getting the sprites once I've got the sheet ready, just tell me and I'll upload it to Photobucket and link you to it.

EDIT: I'm done with the Dark/Bug Scizor.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I like both Vilorite and Dark/Bug Scizor.

I just saw Magmortar's Platinum sprite and it's awesome. It looks like he wants to shoot your face off. :D

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
He just came into this thread for the VERY first time, berated what we stand for, and suggesed that we close this thread.
I have deep pride in my work, and for anyone to just come into here and tell me that we don't have control of this thread, I WILL get territorial. I don't care WHO says it, I refuse to be told off by someone who DOESN'T frequently visit this thread and doesn't wish to take a part in this thread at ALL.
Everyone has equal right to post there opinions. You can't control someone from saying what they feel. He didn't make any comment on your work, all he said was that making a second thread would be a good idea. Which even YOU have said. If a person doesn't post, that doesn't mean they can't read. When I started smashboards I read more then I posted,.
By the end of august (I started in the beginning) I hade only 35 posts. Does that mean I never went on smashboards? No. You can't tell if he "visits" unless you check his "viewing" part every day.

Actually, I searched the thread and it turns out he's posted in the thread three times before. Not massive, and certainly not a frequent visitor, but...he's right, he did come here before even you did.

However, I'm with you. I have passionately argued to keep this very thread forever. I'm big on the original things, old stuff, etc. which is probably why I bought Super Metroid for my SNES -- I would rather play the original even though I think there's little difference (although I do believe a friend of mine (who's very well-versed in SM, mind you) who told me that the original has better quality sound). I do not wish to get rid of this thread. Yes, there's "spam". But mods occasionally visit the Poke Center and would surely check out such a popular thread, and Xsyven has come here before (the first and only mod to date that posted here) and we have not been given any sort of warning.

With good reason. Look at any of the sig shops. The Artwork Emporium surely gets better moderation than the Poke Center, yet a large portion of the conversation is not sig-related. In a situation like that, it's pretty much either let the thread die or have some general conversation like that. And considering the Poke Center's largest amount of activity tends to be in here, stopping it would seriously limit activity.

I appreciate your concern, but I think we're fine.
How does he know that? No one is going to read through 200+ pages and remember everything. Maybe he didn't read that part or wasn't there. He's definitely not a regular but that doesn't mean he can't have an opinion.

There is spam, and almost every regular has spammed at least once in this thread (including me). Most people would suggest a mod to close this thread, if they read all the spam. That doesn't mean we don't do work or talk on topic but there is a lot more spam in this thread then an average thread. That's the nature of the PC, we don't have mod control so we sometimes forget stuff that we remember the GBD (yes, there's spam there, but there is also a mod to take care of it).

Before anybody asks, on AIM or otherwise, I'M STAYING OUT OF THIS.
Wise old Mr. Ocon

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How does he know that? No one is going to read through 200+ pages and remember everything. Maybe he didn't read that part or wasn't there. He's definitely not a regular but that doesn't mean he can't have an opinion.
...Wait, how does he know what? Are you talking about Meta-Kirby or Articanus?

I have no clue what you're talking about if you're referring to Articanus, but if you're referring to Meta-Kirby not knowing, all you have to do is search the thread for posts made by "ss118" and you find all of the posts he's made in the thread. By the way, searching threads is a great feature.

I never said he couldn't have an opinion...
Why are you getting so defensive over this, Bowser?

There is spam, and almost every regular has spammed at least once in this thread (including me). Most people would suggest a mod to close this thread, if they read all the spam. That doesn't mean we don't do work or talk on topic but there is a lot more spam in this thread then an average thread. That's the nature of the PC, we don't have mod control so we sometimes forget stuff that we remember the GBD (yes, there's spam there, but there is also a mod to take care of it).
By "spam" you mean posted off-topic. Spam would be like the guy that came in a page ago and told us we're the reason Ash's voice is gay.

Please stop the debate...it's over now, everyone's done arguing, can we drop it, please?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
...Wait, how does he know what? Are you talking about Meta-Kirby or Articanus?

I have no clue what you're talking about if you're referring to Articanus, but if you're referring to Meta-Kirby not knowing, all you have to do is search the thread for posts made by "ss118" and you find all of the posts he's made in the thread. By the way, searching threads is a great feature.

I never said he couldn't have an opinion...
Why are you getting so defensive over this, Bowser?

I was talking about Articanus. Sorry about not being clear on that :p. I am not getting defensive. It's just all that what could have been said in a polite way has to turns into something ugly.

By "spam" you mean posted off-topic. Spam would be like the guy that came in a page ago and told us we're the reason Ash's voice is gay.

Yeah, that's what I mean't....

Please stop the debate...it's over now, everyone's done arguing, can we drop it, please?
Ok, I had my share of the argument :p

XACE-K

Smash Master
Enough with this arguing plz.

So when are you guys gonna be able to incorparate Platinum sprites for fusions. I already looked at the new ones and I'm getting some ideas for fusions.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
If you want us to use a certain sprite, specify. I will mainly be using platinum sprites so If you want D/P sprites tell us.
I mentioned this, but hey great minds think alike:bee:

Wavekirby, I'll do it with time I'm on my phone right now

XACE-K

Smash Master
If you want us to use a certain sprite, specify. I will mainly be using platinum sprites so If you want D/P sprites tell us.
OK, I'll just wait until my previous request is done. I always wait until my request is done so I can make a new request.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ok, I had my share of the argument :p
Just a note, I think I said it rather politely on page 244.
But yes, end the argument.

So when are you guys gonna be able to incorparate Platinum sprites for fusions. I already looked at the new ones and I'm getting some ideas for fusions.
As soon as I get the sheet, they'll be allowed. And I'll upload the sheet to Photobucket and link to it here so any member unable to get the sprites will have them.
I'm working on it now, so hopefully it won't take too long. But since I don't know where else to get the sprites save for Serebii and right-clicking is disabled there, I have to use Print Screen (I love Print Screen, by the way) to do it. Which does take a little longer.

But yeah, I want to get it done ASAP.

Keep in mind, though, YOU MUST RECOVER SPECIFY WHAT SPRITE YOU WANT USED. Because otherwise I'm defaulting to my favorite sprite, which, from what I've seen, 9 times out of 10, it's going to be D/P. Bidoof looks like its neck is broken, and Starly looks like it has a short attention span (as someone here pointed out), and then there are the flawed sprites I pointed out in like...the post before my last one here. Granted, I'm not going to lie, some sprites look pretty awesome. Darkrai looks great, for example. Not that that particularly matters, because he's banned, but...just pointing it out.

Which one?
Donphan/Piloswine. Second on the Pending List.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
O_o people are fighting over what Im doing. Man I'm getting popular :p

On a serius note, I posted because I love visiting the A&E every once in a while. It's a cool place to see some pretty good spriting, sigs and re-colours.
that's kinda why I go, it's just id never seen you post:psycho:

ohwell ill try to get atleast ONE sprite done

Firus, have you gone to the dojo forums?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
ZOMG, it's BK! GET HIM!

You better get one sprite done zrky or else I'll get an angry mob.
*runs*

I'll try to get one up tomorrow. I can't today but I promise I'll try. I have a lot of work to do and also update some threads like The official Platinum thread.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey guys, I finished ripping all of the Platinum sprites onto a sheet. So...Platinum sprite requests may now commence! Don't go too crazy though, the requests are stacking up a bit.

Here's the sheet for everyone who wants to see it or needs to use it.

Cripe. Forgot that Photobucket doesn't go that big. Hang on...thinking of a solution.

Trying a solution...

Yay, it worked!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Hey guys, I finished ripping all of the Platinum sprites onto a sheet. So...Platinum sprite requests may now commence! Don't go too crazy though, the requests are stacking up a bit.

Here's the sheet for everyone who wants to see it or needs to use it.

Cripe. Forgot that Photobucket doesn't go that big. Hang on...thinking of a solution.

Trying a solution...

Yay, it worked!
cool, thanks, Giratina origin looks WAAAAY better(it kinda looks like a gen. one sprite with it's overiszed head and bland color though), empoleon looks cheesy though:(

"Want cool sprite fusions?
'The Custom Pokemon Shop'
It keeps us alive!"

lol Haiku. Why is it that Jigglypuff is the only one with 2? (I hate gen IV's sprite).
what do you mean by "2"?

Firus, I seem to be the only one who likes to through spotted eggs at people and show no sympathy, don't I:laugh:

EDIT: was as I type this, only 7 of all the forums have new posts, creepy

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Why is it that Jigglypuff is the only one with 2? (I hate gen IV's sprite).
Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention that that sprite sheet is my sprite sheet that I pick sprites from, which is why Giratina Origin Form has Spire's revamped colors, there's an egg, and yes, why 3rd gen Jigglypuff is there. I hate Jigglypuf's fourth gen sprite as well, so unless someone requests it, I use the third gen one.

Firus, I seem to be the only one who likes to through spotted eggs at people and show no sympathy, don't I:laugh:
Haha, yeah.

sonofthesky, the Pokemon on this page got changed, and in addition to that, any fourth gen Pokemon left out of there (that page is the Sinnoh Dex).

XACE-K

Smash Master
All the legendaries look awesome! Far better then before.
Agreed. Especially Darkrai because he wants to steal your soul.

I want Darkrai to be unbanned now. If not, I'll get all 493 pokemon to beat you down. That doesn't include the transformations btw.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Agreed. Especially Darkrai because he wants to steal your soul.

I want Darkrai to be unbanned now. If not, I'll get all 493 pokemon to beat you down. That doesn't include the transformations btw.
Agreed. An unban seems reasonable now, same with cresselia.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Agreed. An unban seems reasonable now, same with cresselia.
No, Cresselia sucks. Darkrai should be unbanned because it's awesome althought I could name other pokemon awesome-er than it.

How about we replace Darkrai's ban and put it on a different pokemon? I say we ban Jigglypuff Frost Rotom, fan Rotom and washer Rotom.

Top Bottom