• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
No problem.

Nice job, congrats.

Finished Skyler's Beedruicune Chao request.

WAAAAAAAAAAAA, I haven't been able to get on AALL day, it drove me crazy, but on the good side, im getting a LITTLE laptop on monday, it's like a 5" screen, it's kinda cool:)
ill try to do some sprites tomorrow if I can,
GOD I HATE HOMEWORK, EPSECIALLY WHEN IT JUST PILES UP ON ONE DAY!!!!
I have 8 periods

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
5" screen? Sheesh, that's like...2x a DS screen. That'd be a sight to see...

I finished the Psychic Zangoose, Puffball.

Looks awesome(as always)

Whats with every one getting 2000 posts lately?
Thanks.

No clue, maybe it's an omen...for what, I have no clue.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
First Interim Reports!!!

Honors Biology- 96 (A)
Honors Civics and Economics- 94 (A)
AP Human Geography- 97 (A)
Drafting I- 96 (A)
Latin I- 96 (A)

Grade Point Average: 4.8!
Great job!

Thanks.

Thats flashy O_o.......

but it looks great.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Thanks.

it looks like we could put it next to a neon light a no one would know the difference:laugh:

good job MK

Wrath`

Smash Master
You have 8 periods, wrath?

and thx for Chartini, Firus ^_^
We have 9 41 minute periods, from 8:00am to 2:45pm(with 3 miunute breaks between each, lunch is Period 5 and has a 5 minute break between it and period 6.)

I'd call this Ravegoose neon light= party with ecstcy.:psycho:

@meta, keep up the work, don't slip up as the year goes on.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, I must be tired.

I was working on my Jiggs run through Pearl and I got into a battle with my Rival, and defeated his first Pokemon (with ease, might I add). I was bored, so I made my character a girl and didn't know what else to name her so I named her Samus. So to be fitting, I named my rival Rundas (after the ice hunter from MP3).

So I defeat the Pokemon and it says "PKMN Trainer Rundas..." and I see "Rundas" and I say to myself, "Wow, they named a trainer Rundas?" And then I remembered...
Not really surprising, as I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in forever.

And I finished Bellsprout/Magikarp, Sad Panda.

And I just thought I'd share this little gem...

The magnet lies.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YAY, ill get to work on sprites with more ease now that I got my little laptop:)
heres a picture of what the laptop looks like (the one in the picture isn't mine)

those liers
woo, twilight princess

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Wow, I must be tired.

I was working on my Jiggs run through Pearl and I got into a battle with my Rival, and defeated his first Pokemon (with ease, might I add). I was bored, so I made my character a girl and didn't know what else to name her so I named her Samus. So to be fitting, I named my rival Rundas (after the ice hunter from MP3).

So I defeat the Pokemon and it says "PKMN Trainer Rundas..." and I see "Rundas" and I say to myself, "Wow, they named a trainer Rundas?" And then I remembered...
Not really surprising, as I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in forever.

And I finished Bellsprout/Magikarp, Sad Panda.

And I just thought I'd share this little gem...

The magnet lies.
That's a cool name. The boy trainer kind of looks like mario (the hat).

Great job, Firus.

The Magnet lies!!! They should really stop making stuff like that before they have a solid release date. TP was still good, not a Oot, but still fairly good. It lacks a real difficulty to the dungeons and they seemed to get easier as you went on (snowpeak, twilight and even Hyrule castle are good examples).

Yeah I should stop there, This is the PC after all :p.

YAY, ill get to work on sprites with more ease now that I got my little laptop:)
heres a picture of what the laptop looks like (the one in the picture isn't mine)

those liers
woo, twilight princess
That's tiny. Any one notice how the Mac air is so small it feels like you can crush it with 1 hand >_>

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Yay!

Mewtwo gets revenge for being cut! And for Brawl being a failtastic game!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That is awesome! Only complaint is sakurai smiling, he should feel PAIN!!

umm....yeah.
Oh, don't worry, he's in pain.

A LOT of pain.

...I'm not sadistic or anything.

XACE-K

Smash Master

Yay!

O_O

I want to marry this picture.

Is there a way to make it smaller? I want it to be an avatar now. :laugh: Also,

Mewtwo: Thanks for not putting me in Brawl.

Sakurai: But we want Brawl to appeal to the young kids who've never heard of you.

Mewtwo: .....

Sakurai: ......

Mewtwo: BLARGH!!!!!

Sakurai: Oh noes!! I needz a landmastrz!!!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
O_O

I want to marry this picture.

Is there a way to make it smaller? I want it to be an avatar now. :laugh: Also,

Mewtwo: Thanks for not putting me in Brawl.

Sakurai: But we want Brawl to appeal to the young kids who've never heard of you.

Mewtwo: .....

Sakurai: ......

Mewtwo: BLARGH!!!!!

Sakurai: Oh noes!! I needz a landmastrz!!!
I can make it a tad smaller, but it'll still be distorted. I'll see what I can do. :)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

Yay!

Firus, Firus, Firus. You know I love you (in the most manly way possibly, that is), but I can never stand your hatred towards Brawl.

Seriously, what's your basis for it? Did you just read what every other 'respected' member said when Brawl came out? Are you just paroting the people who complained about Sakurai making Brawl 'kid-oriented' because of a miniscual (I spelled that wrong, I just know it) game mechanic like tripping? Because in Brawl you can't just play as Sheik (or even MK, for that matter) and button mash and think you're good?

...I need to shut up.

And it was Lucario or Mewtwo. Not both. Pokemon has 6 represenitives, the most of ANY series in Brawl. Mewtwo would've been overkill.

EDIT 1: I need to make a pic of my avatar Shoop da Whooping a brawl-hating parot.

EDIT 2: Sorry Firus!

EDIT 3: I never actually editted this.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeh. Brawl is a good game, in my opinion. The lack of hitstun is nothing to complain about, and if anything, the game is even more tournament viable because of the fact that it requires more thought and planning to go through it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, Firus, Firus. You know I love you (in the most manly way possibly, that is), but I can never stand your hatred towards Brawl.

Seriously, what's your basis for it? Did you just read what every other 'respected' member said when Brawl came out? Are you just paroting the people who complained about Sakurai making Brawl 'kid-oriented' because of a miniscual (I spelled that wrong, I just know it) game mechanic like tripping? Because in Brawl you can't just play as Sheik (or even MK, for that matter) and button mash and think you're good?

...I need to shut up.

And it was Lucario or Mewtwo. Not both. Pokemon has 6 represenitives, the most of ANY series in Brawl. Mewtwo would've been overkill.
Setting Sakurai's attempt to kill competitivity in Smash aside, there's one easy, simple reason for me hating it, that has nothing to do with what others do -- I don't conform, try to fit in with the crowd, blindly follow respected people, anything like that.

The simple reason: I don't enjoy it. This is the most accurate way to put it possible. I play Brawl, and at first, I enjoy it, but then after about five minutes, it's like "WHY THE **** DID I DO THIS?!"
I hate it because I don't enjoy it. The only time I can enjoy it is playing with friends and screwing around (or both). Melee, on the other hand, I've played since I got it and still enjoy playing it with or without friends, screwing around or not (although mostly not, because it's so much better for truly playing).

There are some other specific reasons, but what it comes down to is that I just don't enjoy it as much.

And I don't play as Sheik or button mash. I play Samus and actually play...

And yes, it was either Mewtwo or Lucario. But it should've been Mewtwo or no one. Mewtwo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lucario

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Yay!

THAT iS YOUR BEST "FUSION" EVER OVER 9000 WIN
Yeh. Brawl is a good game, in my opinion. The lack of hitstun is nothing to complain about, and if anything, the game is even more tournament viable because of the fact that it requires more thought and planning to go through it.
you know what I think about it.

^^^^ what he said

M.K

Level 55
Brawl > Melee, Melee < Brawl, whatever floats your boat. I like Brawl a bit more for parties and shindigs and hootenannys and such.

xD Why is there so much hatred, we should be like "HAI GUYZ!!!!" instead of like "WHY DO YOU THINK THIS"

zrky

Smash Lol'd
And yes, it was either Mewtwo or Lucario. But it should've been Mewtwo or no one. Mewtwo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lucario
well, I mained mewtwo and yoshi in melee (from the now 12 times ive played it, and I like Lucario more.
Lucario has more "attacks", I mean this as in Mewtwo couldn't control the direction in which you recovered(atleast I couldn't last time I played it), his down special wasn't ALL that great, his Side special wasn't very good, and his standard special was like Lucario. with Lucario, you can control the direction you recover, his down special is quite useful for quite a bit, his side special can grab AND hit. overall I like Lucario better (AS A SMASH CHARACTER)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
well, I mained mewtwo and yoshi in melee (from the now 12 times ive played it, and I like Lucario more.
Lucario has more "attacks", I mean this as in Mewtwo couldn't control the direction in which you recovered(atleast I couldn't last time I played it), his down special wasn't ALL that great, his Side special wasn't very good, and his standard special was like Lucario. with Lucario, you can control the direction you recover, his down special is quite useful for quite a bit, his side special can grab AND hit. overall I like Lucario better (AS A SMASH CHARACTER)
Mewtwo's Teleport CAN be controlled, it's just so fast that it can be difficult to. And yes, his Side and Down specials suck, but...everyone knows he's awful. If you haven't already, look at the Melee tier list.
Hint: He's at the bottom of bottom tier.
Either way, I was referring to him as a Pokemon.
Although I actually do enjoy playing as Mewtwo more than Lucario. Probably because I love Melee so much more than Brawl.

And uh...MK, did you mean to put Brawl is better than Melee and then Melee is worse than Brawl? From what you were saying it sounds like you meant to put both alternatives, but...those are the same thing.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

well heres my version of the glass picachu, on GIMPit didn't really work, so I just made a stained glass pikachu thing.

Firus, I understand what you mean, as pokemon yes Mewtwo is like over 9000 times better, but in smash it's almost the opposite

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I meant it doesn't matter which one you play, as long as you like playing it.
Ah, I figured, I was just confused because you said "Brawl > Melee, Melee < Brawl" which is the same thing, just reversed.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I mained Mewtwo in melee and I main lucario in brawl.

Mewtwo's teleport can be controlled, it's a lot better then extreme speed. His midair dodge is awesome and he's overall more fun to play as.
Lucario is better but if Mewtwo was in brawl and sakurai changed him to the way he should be ( He weighs 298 pounds in the pokedex, how is that light weight?). His speed should be far faster. His vB should reflect better. Even with those tweeks Mewtwo could easily pass lucario. Mewtwo's smashs feel so much more rewarding (Up smash Ftw). Overall I think Mewtwo is still greater. Plus each of Nintendo's Major series has a villain Character
(Link= Ganon, Mario= Bowser, Pokemon should have Mewtwo).

As for Lucario, his aura is awesome (although Mewtwo should be able to use aura as he learns aura sphere). His areials are fun to use and a short hop down air is a great move. He's floaty so works well in the air (not so great when trying to reach the ground). ^b is terrible but a good lucario can recover regardless of getting edgehogged. He's overall stronger version of Mewtwo (but IMO not as fun to play as).

It's a great game but I prefer melee (Brawl is a great party game though and can be competitive). Lack of hitstun is deffinetly not a good thing. With hitstun you can combo in brawl it's probably only possible with MK. WD allowed characters who weren't as great like Mretwo (don't know what good it did him :p), Samus (she's still good with out it but with it...2 good :p) and IC.

IMO it requires far less thought. In melee you needed to think of what move you were about to do and how that was going to lead to a combo in brawl you can jump and try to land a dair hoping it will hit (and if it does hit then, because of lack of hitstun, you have nothing else to do then through a move before your enemy.

XACE-K

Smash Master

well heres my version of the glass picachu, on GIMPit didn't really work, so I just made a stained glass pikachu thing.

Firus, I understand what you mean, as pokemon yes Mewtwo is like over 9000 times better, but in smash it's almost the opposite
Pretty cool.

As for another Brawl vs Melee debate, all I am saying is Brawl=Mindgames Melee=ATs. That is all.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I mained Mewtwo in melee and I main lucario in brawl.

Mewtwo's teleport can be controlled, it's a lot better then extreme speed. His midair dodge is awesome and he's overall more fun to play as.
Lucario is better but if Mewtwo was in brawl and sakurai changed him to the way he should be ( He weighs 298 pounds in the pokedex, how is that light weight?). His speed should be far faster. His vB should reflect better. Even with those tweeks Mewtwo could easily pass lucario. Mewtwo's smashs feel so much more rewarding (Up smash Ftw). Overall I think Mewtwo is still greater. Plus each of Nintendo's Major series has a villain Character
(Link= Ganon, Mario= Bowser, Pokemon should have Mewtwo).

As for Lucario, his aura is awesome (although Mewtwo should be able to use aura as he learns aura sphere). His areials are fun to use and a short hop down air is a great move. He's floaty so works well in the air (not so great when trying to reach the ground). ^b is terrible but a good lucario can recover regardless of getting edgehogged. He's overall stronger version of Mewtwo (but IMO not as fun to play as).

It's a great game but I prefer melee (Brawl is a great party game though and can be competitive). Lack of hitstun is deffinetly not a good thing. With hitstun you can combo in brawl it's probably only possible with MK. WD allowed characters who weren't as great like Mretwo (don't know what good it did him :p), Samus (she's still good with out it but with it...2 good :p) and IC.

IMO it requires far less thought. In melee you needed to think of what move you were about to do and how that was going to lead to a combo in brawl you can jump and try to land a dair hoping it will hit (and if it does hit then, because of lack of hitstun, you have nothing else to do then through a move before your enemy.
point well taken:)

thanks Xace

OK, I think the Brawl/Melee discussion should end

Top Bottom