• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

M.K

Level 55
Firus, if you still want tournament input (and the input of one of your recent competitors).

Use. R.O.B.

You were (in my humble opinion) much, much, much, much better with R.O.B. than Samus. I'm sorry if that hurts you or anything!
You know, I was a Samus main in Melee as well, and like you, I was deeply ticked about the fact that she lost all competitive potential. That is why I tried to find a character who closely resembled the Samus I knew and loved.
I suggest you try the following characters, all who I considered for mains in the past (and have a very Melee Samus-esque feel to them):

Zero-Suit Samus- All the speed got tranfered to her naked counterpart. She has great aerial mobility, reliabled specials, multiple recoveries, and a developing meta-game.

Pit- It's like Samus, just floatier and better projectiles! Trust me, I stuck with him a LOOOOONNNG time before trying other characters!

XACE-K

Smash Master
How about these characters.

Meta-Knight: Just use the B-button and the control stick.

Snake: Just use the A button and the control stick.

Dedede: Just use grab and d-throw.

I just noticed most of the frequent posters of this shop are Smash Debaters.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Lucky me Grades 11's and 12's don't have to do P.E.

But we still have to do 80 hours of Physical Activity...

any ways whats with the DK Rap. Its good but i don't find my self sing it.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Oh yeah, I need an opinion, guys; so a friend of mine just told me he's going to host a doubles tourney sometime...actually, I can't remember when he told me it was going to happen, but...in any case, yeah. Aside from needing to find a good partner, I need to pick who I intend to play with. On one hand, Sammy is my main, but I think I'm better with ROB (those who have played against me can use their knowledge of my skills here) so I feel like maybe I should play with him instead (not that I dislike him anyways, I wanted to main him before Brawl came out and always considered him either a second main or a secondary). Things to consider, though; this is not, by any means, an official tourney, and none of my friends are members of SmashBoards so I have no clue how it's going to work (meaning the rules). They might not even be all that competitive, meaning that I may not need to play my best to win. Then again, I'm not stellar at Brawl by any means so god knows if that'll matter. So I need your opinions, should I stick with my main or try my luck with ROB? I want to know now so I can practice in advance for the tourney. I'm really leaning towards Sammy, despite the fact that I am better with ROB. Because honestly, it'll feel better to lose with Samus than win with ROB, most likely, just because I'd be abandoning Samus.

...Yeah, I'm way too attached to Samus.
In my opinion, stick with who you feel you're best with. If your friends aren't that good in the game, you have a good chance with Samus. R.O.B., tier-wise, is better, but that doesn't mean your better with him. I can't use the robot for the life of me, and I main Fox.

You've seriously accomplished something if you win with Samus. I feel little sense of accomplishment if I beat my friends with Meta Knight. *sighs* I played him before he was cool, though. x3

Lucky me Grades 11's and 12's don't have to do P.E.

But we still have to do 80 hours of Physical Activity...

any ways whats with the DK Rap. Its good but i don't find my self sing it.
X.o

The DK Rap is the best song in Nintendo history! Duh!

D.K.

Donkey Kong~

He has no style,
he has no grace,
this Kong has a funny face
He can handstand,
when he needs to,
and stretch his arms out
just for you!
Inflate himself,
just like a balloon!
This crazy Kong
Just digs this tune
HUH!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, if you still want tournament input (and the input of one of your recent competitors).

Use. R.O.B.

You were (in my humble opinion) much, much, much, much better with R.O.B. than Samus. I'm sorry if that hurts you or anything!
You know, I was a Samus main in Melee as well, and like you, I was deeply ticked about the fact that she lost all competitive potential. That is why I tried to find a character who closely resembled the Samus I knew and loved.
I suggest you try the following characters, all who I considered for mains in the past (and have a very Melee Samus-esque feel to them):

Zero-Suit Samus- All the speed got tranfered to her naked counterpart. She has great aerial mobility, reliabled specials, multiple recoveries, and a developing meta-game.

Pit- It's like Samus, just floatier and better projectiles! Trust me, I stuck with him a LOOOOONNNG time before trying other characters!
Nah, it's okay. I got the feeling I was. I didn't play with Samus all that much against you, so maybe you didn't get as much of an impression, but...yeah, I'm still sure I'm better as ROB. As much as I love Sammy, she's practically useless now compared to Melee with awful missiles, a worse Charge Beam, and nerfed aerials (as well as other things but...you get the point). I try to play with her as best as I can, and I certainly won't drop her but I'm not surprised.
As for replacing Samus, I don't think I'd want to. Thanks for the suggestions, but...I'm not really a big fan of either character (Zamus because it's degrading to Samus and women in general, and I never played Kid Icarus so...) and I generally do choose my characters on how much I like them. Which is PROBABLY why I used to "main" about 14 characters. Luckily for me, I happen to like and be good with ROB.
Thanks, though, I appreciate it. :)

In my opinion, stick with who you feel you're best with. If your friends aren't that good in the game, you have a good chance with Samus. R.O.B., tier-wise, is better, but that doesn't mean your better with him. I can't use the robot for the life of me, and I main Fox.

You've seriously accomplished something if you win with Samus. I feel little sense of accomplishment if I beat my friends with Meta Knight. *sighs* I played him before he was cool, though. x3
You're right, I'll feel a lot better if I win as Samus...ROB isn't exactly broken like MK but I'm sure I'll still feel like that, too.

Well, congratulations. You guys have all argued your points so strongly that I'm torn between fighting crime with my robot buddy (yay, reference that no one will get!) and using my favorite bounty hunter. You've all argued so well -- I am best with ROB, I've always liked him, and whether or not I like it, Samus is bad and I'm not a good enough player to make her that good. On the other hand, Samus is my main, I don't want to abandon her and I'll get so much more satisfaction out of winning with her.

Since I'm torn, I'm going to throw you all into a pit of lions and the survivor picks what I do try and figure out all of the rules (which is actually a big deal because this is a doubles tourney and they may put Team Attack off, which would make a world of difference) and figure out who I'll be able to nab as a partner. That could all affect who I choose, or at least my strategy. When I do figure all of this out, I'm going to need all of your help Brawling against real people to help prepare me. I'm understandably nervous considering that this is the first tourney (albeit not a real one) I'm going to. Maybe I'll go in and kick *** unexpectedly, though I highly doubt it.

M.K

Level 55
Nah, it's okay. I got the feeling I was. I didn't play with Samus all that much against you, so maybe you didn't get as much of an impression, but...yeah, I'm still sure I'm better as ROB. As much as I love Sammy, she's practically useless now compared to Melee with awful missiles, a worse Charge Beam, and nerfed aerials (as well as other things but...you get the point). I try to play with her as best as I can, and I certainly won't drop her but I'm not surprised.
As for replacing Samus, I don't think I'd want to. Thanks for the suggestions, but...I'm not really a big fan of either character (Zamus because it's degrading to Samus and women in general, and I never played Kid Icarus so...) and I generally do choose my characters on how much I like them. Which is PROBABLY why I used to "main" about 14 characters. Luckily for me, I happen to like and be good with ROB.

You're right, I'll feel a lot better if I win as Samus...ROB isn't exactly broken like MK but I'm sure I'll still feel like that, too.

Well, congratulations. You guys have all argued your points so strongly that I'm torn between fighting crime with my robot buddy (yay, reference that no one will get!) and using my favorite bounty hunter. You've all argued so well -- I am best with ROB, I've always liked him, and whether or not I like it, Samus is bad and I'm not a good enough player to make her that good. On the other hand, Samus is my main, I don't want to abandon her and I'll get so much more satisfaction out of winning with her.

Since I'm torn, I'm going to throw you all into a pit of lions and the survivor picks what I do try and figure out all of the rules (which is actually a big deal because this is a doubles tourney and they may put Team Attack off, which would make a world of difference) and figure out who I'll be able to nab as a partner. That could all affect who I choose, or at least my strategy. When I do figure all of this out, I'm going to need all of your help Brawling against real people to help prepare me. I'm understandably nervous considering that this is the first tourney (albeit not a real one) I'm going to. Maybe I'll go in and kick *** unexpectedly, though I highly doubt it.
Can I be your partner? O.o Or is it an "in person" tournament?

M.K

Level 55
Can I get a Lickitung+Yoshi up in here? Props to Firus for sticking with Samus!
@Lickitung+Yoshi

Denial @ Overused Item
Dead Serious/Traunt
252 LOL/252 WTF/4 ORLY
-Sprites
-Not From Pokemon
-Look Bad Fused With
-Pokemon

But I'm still doing it!!!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Can I be your partner? O.o Or is it an "in person" tournament?
Nah, it's an in-person tournament.

New sig. Thanks, Firust.
No problem, I'm glad you like it.

Can I get a Lickitung+Yoshi up in here? Props to Firus for sticking with Samus!
Thanks, I just can't give her up...I mean, I main her in the two other games so I can't give up on her now.

Zapitros looks killer.
Thanks.

We should start pokemon+ brawler fusing!
Actually, now that I think about it, maybe we should. We should put a limit on them like Evolution Chain Fusions, so the shop remains Pokemon for the most part, but this is SmashBoards, so it's fitting that we allow those. Other ones are...iffy.

And I found out a few of the rules for the tourney...although it really just confused me more. Team Attack will be off. The stage situation is either going to be only Battlefield or Random with certain stages turned off. And it's going to be taking place in November, giving me tons of time to hone my skills.

Confusing thing is that something they told me as to why they're turning Team Attack off is so Meta Knights can't FS their team mate to hit everyone else...but that means items would be on? I mean, I'm GUESSING it's just Smash Balls, as my friends aren't completely deficient, but...Smash Balls aren't exactly competitive either.

And if Smash Balls are ON, that seriously gimps Samus. So much that I may not want to play with her. I either have to be good at dodging FSes, or I have to use my Final Smash and get uber-owned as soon as I transform into Zamus -- which brings up my next point, I'd have to play as Zamus. Either that or let my partner get the Smash Ball, but letting your partner and only your partner get the Smash Ball might be hard, and probably will be, in fact.

Bah. Not that ROB's...what's his FS called again?...is stellar either but it's actually better than Zero Laser, probably.

So yeah, flame away the idea of items on in a tournament. Because I'm tempted to do it myself.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
New sig. Thanks, Firust.
I like your new sig:)
@Lickitung+Yoshi

Denial @ Overused Item
Dead Serious/Traunt
252 LOL/252 WTF/4 ORLY
-Sprites
-Not From Pokemon
-Look Bad Fused With
-Pokemon

I get it:laugh: especially with him posting in the counter game allot

Some as MK, but I guess you would want to see me play though:ohwell:

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
@Lickitung+Yoshi

Denial @ Overused Item
Dead Serious/Traunt
252 LOL/252 WTF/4 ORLY
-Sprites
-Not From Pokemon
-Look Bad Fused With
-Pokemon

XD

That's awesome.

Also, didn't somebody fuse a Swampert and some kind of Metroid sprite?

Thanks, I just can't give her up..
Never gonna give you up~

Can I request a B-2 Snorlax Chao? x3

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also, didn't somebody fuse a Swampert and some kind of Metroid sprite?
Yes, I fused Swampert and Arachnus. But I did it as a celebration of my 100th edit, and since then I disallowed requests of non-Pokemon/Pokemon fusions.

Yay, 2000 posts!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yes, I fused Swampert and Arachnus. But I did it as a celebration of my 100th edit, and since then I disallowed requests of non-Pokemon/Pokemon fusions.
Happy 1999 post. Dude your avatar is funny, what's it from? is a ditto pikachu from the anime?

Hmm, I wonder, can you guys do a transparent/translucent pikachu? or a glass pikachu?

That is a request only if you can do it(or feel like doing it)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Happy 1999 post. Dude your avatar is funny, what's it from? is a ditto pikachu from the anime?

Hmm, I wonder, can you guys do a transparent/translucent pikachu? or a glass pikachu?

That is a request only if you can do it(or feel like doing it)
It's from the first episode. Ash is dragging Pikachu along, and then he asks Pikachu to open its mouth and tell him what's wrong and...yeah. Pikachu doesn't like Ash, so it does that.

I could easily do it with Photoshop, just alter the transparency. You can theoretically do it without special effects, but it'll look better that way.

M.K

Level 55
happy 1999 Post. Dude Your Avatar Is Funny, What's It From? Is A Ditto Pikachu From The Anime?

Hmm, I Wonder, Can You Guys Do A Transparent/translucent Pikachu? Or A Glass Pikachu?

That Is A Request Only If You Can Do It(or Feel Like Doing It)
Ima Do It Naw!

Smokescreen Pikachu!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
transparent pikachu shouldn't be to hard in GIMP either, I'll give it a try later with more time:)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Finished Charmander/Dratini.

XACE-K

Smash Master

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well cool, I can't wait to see glass pikachu then.

First day of school was cool, but our school had a power outage around 8th period, so we had Ib english in the dark.:psycho:

I don't even wan't to know how much homework I will be doing over this school year.*hides*

M.K

Level 55
First Interim Reports!!!

Honors Biology- 96 (A)
Honors Civics and Economics- 94 (A)
AP Human Geography- 97 (A)
Drafting I- 96 (A)
Latin I- 96 (A)

Grade Point Average: 4.8!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
and thx for Chartini, Firus ^_^
No problem.

First Interim Reports!!!

Honors Biology- 96 (A)
Honors Civics and Economics- 94 (A)
AP Human Geography- 97 (A)
Drafting I- 96 (A)
Latin I- 96 (A)

Grade Point Average: 4.8!
Nice job, congrats.

Finished Skyler's Beedruicune Chao request.

Top Bottom