• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

XACE-K

Smash Master
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Glad you like 'em.

I'll take Arceus/Magikarp.
Even though Arceus isn't awesome enough for Magikarp.

I HATE KI-HUNTERS. (from Metroid)

/random comment
QFT. Only few pokemon can handle Magikarp's awesomeness.

I got a new Gamecube controller because all my other ones are broken.

/ random comment.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
random comment

/random comment

I should be able to do some once i finish my French homework, which is CZ, so yeah

/random comment

XACE-K

Smash Master
random comment

/random comment

I should be able to do some once i finish my French homework, which is CZ, so yeah

/random comment
I took French in middle school. Now I need to take Russian. O_o

Can I get a Donphan + Piloswine.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
QFT. Only few pokemon can handle Magikarp's awesomeness.

I got a new Gamecube controller because all my other ones are broken.

/ random comment.
Magikrap....I mean Magikarp, is phail to the highest degree.

I got banned off serebii forums for two weeks 'cuz I used "extremely offensive language"(Bulls**t).

/random comment

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ivysaur is more shadeless than 8 bit. Needs odd coloration like in G/S/C.
Again, 8-bit isn't a definitive term. There are multiple styles of 8-bit. It's like if someone asks you to make a 3D model, and you make it cel-shaded or paper style like in Paper Mario, it doesn't mean it's not 3D, it's just a different style of 3D.

I used this type of style for my 8-bit Ivysaur.

As you can see, there is no shading here -- a flat color for each different color, as well as a fully black outline.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Again, 8-bit isn't a definitive term. There are multiple styles of 8-bit. It's like if someone asks you to make a 3D model, and you make it cel-shaded or paper style like in Paper Mario, it doesn't mean it's not 3D, it's just a different style of 3D.

I used this type of style for my 8-bit Ivysaur.

As you can see, there is no shading here -- a flat color for each different color, as well as a fully black outline.
now I undestand 8-bit more, thanks;)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
You smell of peppermint lilac and disjointed hitboxes....

Any fun single-staged evolution requests out there?
I KNOW, bulbasaur/charmander/squirtle/chikorita/cyndaquil/totodile/treecko/torchic/mudkip/turtwig/chimchar/piplup
if your up for it go ahead:laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I KNOW, bulbasaur/charmander/squirtle/chikorita/cyndaquil/totodile/treecko/torchic/mudkip/turtwig/chimchar/piplup
if your up for it go ahead:laugh:
Oh my god, I know it sounds ridiculous but I want to give this a try!

Also, I just want to say: I hate people. If you've seen the "Why do people frown upon SSBB players and gamers in general?" thread, you'll understand why.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Oh my god, I know it sounds ridiculous but I want to give this a try!

Also, I just want to say: I hate people. If you've seen the "Why do people frown upon SSBB players and gamers in general?" thread, you'll understand why.
I'm guessing you're talking about certain type of people. I didn't read the thread because I can tell from the name of the thread if it's stupid or not.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
8-bit Ivy is alright. I was expecting something NES-ish, but I think it would be a bit hard to do. Right?

ALright, request time. I want a Hippowdon/Torchic. Or maybe a Hippowdon/Mawile if Torchic is too difficult.

XACE-K

Smash Master
8-bit Ivy is alright. I was expecting something NES-ish, but I think it would be a bit hard to do. Right?

ALright, request time. I want a Hippowdon/Torchic. Or maybe a Hippowdon/Mawile if Torchic is too difficult.
Yeah, more WTF fusions.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm guessing you're talking about certain type of people. I didn't read the thread because I can tell from the name of the thread if it's stupid or not.
Pretty much people in general, with exceptions of course. I usually hate people, though. Just felt inclined to bring it up thanks to some morons in there.
Other than them, it's a good topic. In fact, it's pretty intelligent, especially considering it started out in the GBD.

It's not that it would be hard to do, it's that...I didn't know exactly what you meant by "8-bit". If you have a specific idea in mind for something like that, next time, link us to a sprite or sprite sheet with the style, or describe it in-depth so we know what you're talking about.
Technically, that Megaman sprite style I used is NES. This is why you have to be detailed.

And no fusion is too difficult. And now I will claim that.

XACE-K

Smash Master
isn't this what zook is best at?

we need more zook, maybe Mr. Ocon sorry Marth ......I mean Skyler
What do you mean by Marth? Does Skyler look like Marth, act like Marth in the FE games or is like Marth the way most people portray him to be in the SSB series?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
What do you mean by Marth? Does Skyler look like Marth, act like Marth in the FE games or is like Marth the way most people portray him to be in the SSB series?
if he doesn't mind, he's more half the stereotype of Marth(just a name I thought of) but he prefers Roy

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I will never understand the stereotype of Marth. He even got it before Brawl, which is when he turned girly-looking.

M.K

Level 55
I will never understand the stereotype of Marth. He even got it before Brawl, which is when he turned girly-looking.
Marth is an interesting specimen. I don't want to put physical sterotypes on people, but she is absolutely straight. She wears a "manly" tiara, she gets her nails done at the "ghetto" nail salon, and she uses Pantene High-Tier to maintain her long flowing locks of blue!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Marth is an interesting specimen. I don't want to put physical sterotypes on people, but she is absolutely straight. She wears a "manly" tiara, she gets her nails done at the "ghetto" nail salon, and she uses Pantene High-Tier to maintain her long flowing locks of blue!
that was way to funny...:laugh:....:laugh: I almost wanted to actually laugh:laugh: good one

Top Bottom