• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How about removing the tags from some of you older works and have those just be links?[/color][/QUOTE]

That's a good plan. It's pretty much the same as an archive, though, only a little less convenient because you have to click on images separately to see them rather than being able to see all of the old ones at once.

Good suggestion, though.

[quote="Meta-Kirby, post: 5197439"]Well, I don't really have a connection with the Poke Center as much as everyone else, in fact, I think the Pokemon section is SEVERELY neglected...but whatever, an archive post is fine.
Just...don't make it look too messy :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe not.
And don't worry, I won't. If the archive post were messy it'd bother me as much as anyone else.

[quote="XACE-K, post: 5197480"]What, you don't want to see my Palfreakga. Anyway I like the Grotwo, Deoxyzard, Pikablu and Dunspartan.[/QUOTE]

Actually, now I do. Post it in the Custom Pokemon group, I want to see it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Please don't add the archive on the 1st page (2nd page, like you said, is fine) it takes to long for the page to load in the first place.
well if had a good mac that wouldn't be a problem;)

well since Firus has a couple posts in the first and second pages, he could edit those.
Or we could ask SmashLeader, hes an admin:lick:
if that happens with one post, I wonder how many are allowed in one thread:dizzy:

What, you don't want to see my Palfreakga. Anyway I like the Grotwo, Deoxyzard, Pikablu and Dunspartan.
now because you said that Im curious, and thanks on the sprites:)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Looks great Zrky!

Introducing: Crawturne!

Introducing: Blaziken's Shoop Da Whoop on Infernape!
do you mind if I try the Catrune/Crawdawnt, I was gonna do it and I had an idea for it:)

the Infernape being Shoop da Whoop looks cool

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

________
Aw, c'mon, you killed the joke now.

Only Skyler can pull off ugly sprites like that just right (not meant in an offensive way, Skyler).

Okay, I'm going to have a poll here;

How many people think the first page takes too long to load and would rather have me just have an archive on the second page rather than even bothering requesting to duplicate my post on the first page? If people would prefer if I just move everything to page 2 to cut down on loading times, then it's not worth asking a mod about it.

M.K

Level 55

Only Skyler can pull off ugly sprites like that just right (not meant in an offensive way, Skyler).

How many people think the first page takes too long to load and would rather have me just have an archive on the second page rather than even bothering requesting to duplicate my post on the first page? If people would prefer if I just move everything to page 2 to cut down on loading times, then it's not worth asking a mod about it.
Ha! Finally! Good Riddance to that never-funny joke.....

I don't give a crap, like, no offense to you , but I just don't.
The point of the first post is to express the main ideas of a thread. Obviously, the main idea here would be ART/RULES/TYPES/WORKERS. Your Examples can go on seperate pages.
No offense, but you are sort of whining about this. Isn't this an easy fix? Examples (LINK).
Post examples on 2nd Page Post.
How do you think I feel? Nobody even visits my page! All they see are your examples anyways, so just link then in your first post.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

eh, Skyler doesn't have feelings, just kidding:lick:

I personally don't care about the first page (I mean in loading time), because on my computer it litterally doesn't even take half a second to load(I love my computer:)), so I don't mind what you do or how you organize it.

and MK, as an idea, you could just say you finished a sprite and not show it, therefore they would have to visit your page
I think ill start doing that

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ha! Finally! Good Riddance to that never-funny joke.....

I don't give a crap, like, no offense to you , but I just don't.
The point of the first post is to express the main ideas of a thread. Obviously, the main idea here would be ART/RULES/TYPES/WORKERS. Your Examples can go on seperate pages.
No offense, but you are sort of whining about this. Isn't this an easy fix? Examples (LINK).
Post examples on 2nd Page Post.
How do you think I feel? Nobody even visits my page! All they see are your examples anyways, so just link then in your first post.
I thought Jigglyoclefairyman was always funny. Maybe you just never got the joke.

Well I wasn't necessarily asking you. Bowser mentioned that I should put my archive on the second page because of slow loading times, so I figured I'd ask to make sure I'm not going to make people wait 10 minutes for the page to load just for being more organized. Because then it's simply not worth it. Even if it'll bug me, this shop isn't for me, it's for the requesters.

My examples can go on separate pages. But I'd prefer them on the first page so it's more organized. The first post is for the rules and such, yes. But why would I put sprites anywhere else? It makes no sense to do it if I wouldn't have to and there wouldn't be serious side-effects.

No offense, but you're sort of being a jerk about this. How am I whining? Honestly, I was a little surprised by the picture limit but I didn't really whine, I got right on trying to figure out a solution. The "What do I do now?!" was sorta a joke. If you don't care how I organize things, then fine, the question isn't directed at you. Again, the shop isn't for us, it's for our visitors, so if you don't have a preference it doesn't really matter. I get the impression you're just upset about this because you're bitter about having your sprites on page 43.

And I'm sure that's why you really want to move to the Artwork Emporium. Well, no offense, but if you had come into the thread earlier it might be possible. But you came in at page 43. It's no one's fault, but it can't be helped now other than starting over in another forum. And the Poke Center has supported this thread immensely, and I am NOT going to abandon the Poke Center so you can have your post on the first page.

Seriously, I don't understand how you get whining from what I was saying. If you're just upset about not having your posts on page 1, I'm sorry. I PM'd mods asking about moving your post, but it's impossible to do, as I was informed. I tried, because as much as you would prefer it, I would also prefer it. It feels so unorganized having to link to something 3, or 43, or 99 posts into the thread, but it's unavoidable, because you three all came into the thread later.

I've taken every measure I can to make sure people see your posts, it's the best I can do other than start over, and as I said I will not do that. What happens if a member drops out and we get a new member? Are we going to start over every time a new member joins? We can't do it, it's unreasonable.
Speaking of members dropping out...has anyone seen Mewter lately? Shouldn't he be back from his vacation like...a month ago?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
well I think jerk wasn't meant to be used, but to me it's not a problem if you move or make an archive out of your sprites, like I said before my computer takes longer to load the main page of SWF than it does to load the first page of this shop. it's a little creepy.
I don't mind if people don't see my section Im just trying to make it look good, I just learned how to animate in GIMP so Im happy and I also got new fonts:)

EDIT: just thought of something Firus, why don't you make an animation with all of your example sprites, so it only takes up one picture. I know it would take time, but I think making an Archie could take as long or longer. You can make each sprite one frame, and the frame can last bout one second before it moves on. I don't know if you don't want to go with that fine, but im just throwing out ideas in my head:)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
and MK, as an idea, you could just say you finished a sprite and not show it, therefore they would have to visit your page
I think ill start doing that
I found that I seem to get less comments on my edits when I don't post them in the thread. I mean, chances are people who are going to look at the OP are going to do so whether or not I post my sprites here, and those that aren't, aren't. They'll check to see the sprite they requested and not much else. Which is why I started posting my sprites here again.

well I think jerk wasn't meant to be used, but to me it's not a problem if you move or make an archive out of your sprites, like I said before my computer takes longer to load the main page of SWF than it does to load the first page of this shop. it's a little creepy.
I don't mind if people don't see my section Im just trying to make it look good, I just learned how to animate in GIMP so Im happy and I also got new fonts:)
Your page looks nice. I like that artwork of Feraligatr, I've never seen it before.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I found that I seem to get less comments on my edits when I don't post them in the thread. I mean, chances are people who are going to look at the OP are going to do so whether or not I post my sprites here, and those that aren't, aren't. They'll check to see the sprite they requested and not much else. Which is why I started posting my sprites here again.
good point, maybe instead I could link to my post and then it would be right there and they could see the page:bee:

Your page looks nice. I like that artwork of Feraligatr, I've never seen it before.
thanks, I got the ferraligator from planetrenders.net, and like I said, since I figured out how to animate in GIMP im animation happy right now. do you know if they allow animated avatars on the Dojo forums?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
thanks, I got the ferraligator from planetrenders.net, and like I said, since I figured out how to animate in GIMP im animation happy right now. do you know if they allow animated avatars on the Dojo forums?
Not sure, you can ask Smash Leader.

If you can, I have an animation I want for my icon...it's hilarious.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
OK, WOW we really need to get more people to go there
*hint*CPS people*hint*
Yeah, we do...

Oh, what the hell.
Guys, there's a new forum that a few of us have joined, and it's kind of...no, very, inactive. There are like, 18 members and 10 of them are mods. The other 8 haven't really done...anything.

If you want to check it out, it's located here.

---

And unless anyone's totally opposed to it, I may just put the archive on the second page without even bothering, loading times or not. Honestly, it's a pain enough scrolling down half the page to click "Edit" or see Spire or Bowser's posts as it is. Imagine if it gets even bigger than that.
I'll get a few more opinions, but I'm defintiely leaning towards an archive on the second page.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Guys, I got some good news and some bad news concerning some wierd sprites I have made.

Good news: Some fusions that I have made can actually be saved on my computer now. (Finally!)

Bad news: I tried yesterday and a little while before and for some reason, I can't make a photobucket account. At the first page, making a username and password do work. I than go to the next page, fill out all the info and when I press continue, I get redirected to the first page when makinjg an account.

Anybody know why?

M.K

Level 55
I get the impression you're just upset about this because you're bitter about having your sprites on page 43.
Ouch. Wow.

How many people think the first page takes too long to load and would rather have me just have an archive on the second page rather than even bothering requesting to duplicate my post on the first page?
Well I wasn't necessarily asking you
It looks like a question to me.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It looks like a question to me.
Well if you "don't give a crap" then I'm not asking you. There wasn't any need to tell me that you don't give a crap and that I'm whining if you have no preference.

M.K

Level 55
Well if you "don't give a crap" then I'm not asking you. There wasn't any need to tell me that you don't give a crap and that I'm whining if you have no preference.
I gave you advice, it's just my opinion that I didn't much care about it.
You still posed the question to everybody.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

EDIT: just thought of something Firus, why don't you make an animation with all of your example sprites, so it only takes up one picture. I know it would take time, but I think making an Archie could take as long or longer. You can make each sprite one frame, and the frame can last bout one second before it moves on. I don't know if you don't want to go with that fine, but im just throwing out ideas in my head:)
That's the opposite of my computer. It takes almost no time to load any thread but the CPS.
I sometimes have a hard time editing normally and have to go advanced or wait a few minutes per fusion.

I say archives on page 2.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I gave you advice, it's just my opinion that I didn't much care about it.
You still posed the question to everybody.
Whatever. I'm not going to argue with you anymore.

That's the opposite of my computer. It takes almost no time to load any thread but the CPS.
I sometimes have a hard time editing normally and have to go advanced or wait a few minutes per fusion.

I say archives on page 2.
Okay, noted.
I've got a few "don't care"s and two votes (counting mine) for archives on page 2.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hm...

Why don't we ask a mod if we can start a TCPS archive in the PokeCenter? Like a specific thread for it? It's the only reason anybody visits here anyway (and WTFP), so it would be beneficial to the life of this section.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
How about ditching this thread, and creating a new one (IN THE POKE CENTER, of course). The shop members can reserve 2 posts at the beginning for thier own reasons. That way, everyone's on the first page.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
How about ditching this thread, and creating a new one (IN THE POKE CENTER, of course). The shop members can reserve 2 posts at the beginning for thier own reasons. That way, everyone's on the first page.
well the reason the other and I dont want to move (I think MK doesn't mind) is somewhat because we would have to start over again, and that would be REALLY hard.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm really opposed to doing any sort of drastic measures...maybe I'm just weird and don't like change, but...even starting a new thread in the Poke Center would upset me, because this thread is the original thread, and I want to keep it.

An archive thread wouldn't be a bad idea, but it'd be predominantly used by me. I mean, Mewter, Meta Kirby and zrky all have their posts on separate pages, but having them on separate pages is just as inconvenient to them (because people are less inclined to visit their pages) as putting their posts in a separate thread would be.
If people really think it'd get more use, though, I don't think we'd need permission to add it...I mean, mods don't visit the Poke Center anyways and even so, they'll lock it if they really find it to be useless.

I'm such a nostalgic person, I'm always clinging to something just because it's "original" or it's something I remember from way back when.

Top Bottom