• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That's why you don't trust the All Stars house with what they've Firus, Spire, Bowser King, Meta-Kirby, Mewter, and now zrky have been doing for a long time.

M.K

Level 55

Introducing: Shartedoise!

The Shark Monster Pokemon

Shartedoise live in small groups of two or three. Any predator that is targeted in the water must quickly make haste to the nearest patch of land, because due to Shartedoise's massive head, they are very sluggish out of water.

I HATE working with Blastoise sprites. HATE it, because when I go to erase the black background that the sprites usually have, it erases the parts that are ACTUALLY part of Blastoise. Anyways, I love this little cutie here (look up, fool!)!!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I HATE working with Blastoise sprites. HATE it, because when I go to erase the black background that the sprites usually have, it erases the parts that are ACTUALLY part of Blastoise
well if it makes you happy ill make a blastoise revamp (using the colors of the Sugimori artwork) and post it for you. Thank you Spire for the idea. ill also do it for some others:)

M.K

Level 55

Redone- Cannon on right side would logically have been too far forward in relation to the other cannon, so I removed it

Redone- Purple stripe in the middle looked awkward and out of place. Removed.

Redone- Transparency issues.

Redone- Made it "Darker" and "Electricer"

Redone- Applied a glow.

Redone- Removed random pixels.

Redone- Shading issues

Redone- Changed the angel of the eye in relation to the sprite

Redone- Redid the spriting on the plug.

Redone- transparency issues

Redone- transparency issues

Redone- re-scratched the spiral area on the bigger body.

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
A new member.
On a final note, our shop is now full of members. While we do not wish to exclude anyone, we don't want our shop to become too crowded or a free-for-all, so we ask that no one else ask to join.

*Crys*

Anyway, Someone do a revamp of gen II Ho-oh, And do a Blaziken SHOOP'N a infernape.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
AWESOME, if you click on the smilies on my sig you can get there.
Only thing, is that I might have trouble somedays since my mom wants my dad and I to work around the house, but on other days ill try to do atleast one if not two:)
It's fine. As you notice, none of us really follow a schedule of how many requests a day we do, so you don't have to worry if you're kind of busy and can't get one out every day.

Ill give myself my first request,
Gyarabi. yes, if you see where Skyler requested it, the "friend" was me:bee:
Haha, cool.

Now you guys have six members. Don't go overboard...7 might be a bit overkill.
We won't add any more members, the OP has that notice saying there's no more members for the shop and we mean it. But to make up for lost request-fulfilling, since Spire will be doing his own creations now, and zrky was a substitute member anyways, we now have another member. Unless something else comes up, we shouldn't have any more members. We recognize that too many members could be bad as much as you do.

Introducing: Shartedoise!

The Shark Monster Pokemon

Shartedoise live in small groups of two or three. Any predator that is targeted in the water must quickly make haste to the nearest patch of land, because due to Shartedoise's massive head, they are very sluggish out of water.

I HATE working with Blastoise sprites. HATE it, because when I go to erase the black background that the sprites usually have, it erases the parts that are ACTUALLY part of Blastoise. Anyways, I love this little cutie here (look up, fool!)!!
Awesome job, Meta-Kirby. It looks, as you pointed out, actually kind of cute...which is odd, considering it's made of a shark and a...big...turtle-thing. That I'd probably call kind of intimidating.

But yeah, I know what you mean about colors in the sprites...I hate when white is used in a sprite, (as in pure white -- some sprites use a slightly darker shade, others don't) because then you end up doing the background. There are easy solutions to the problem but it's still a hassle because you have to change the background or avoid the background or...whatever.

Re-done sprites
Good job, Meta-Kirby. You reminded me of a sprite I need to remake...

I'd give a piece of cake to whoever can guess which, but I think it should be fairly obvious. Like, EXTREMELY obvious. It's pretty bad. I keep meaning to do it when there aren't any requests in the shop, but every time the requests are emptied out I forget about it.

A new member.
On a final note, our shop is now full of members. While we do not wish to exclude anyone, we don't want our shop to become too crowded or a free-for-all, so we ask that no one else ask to join.

*Crys*

Anyway, Someone do a revamp of gen II Ho-oh, And do a Blaziken SHOOP'N a infernape.
As I said above, it's an exception -- because Spire's not doing requests (at least not run-of-the-mill ones) and zrky has been our substitute member for a while, it made sense for him to become a full-time member. Again, unless something else happens, the number of members shouldn't increase.

EDIT: zrky, for your post, why don't you use your first post in the thread? You don't have to, but it's on page 28, post #409 (I believe), so...yeah.
It's just that everyone else uses their first post so I figured it makes the most sense for you to put yours in your first post...or maybe not, I don't know. I'm weird.

In any case, I'll link to the post in your sig for now but if you decide you want to put your edits in your first post in the thread I'll change it.

M.K

Level 55
Good job, Meta-Kirby. You reminded me of a sprite I need to remake...

I'd give a piece of cake to whoever can guess which, but I think it should be fairly obvious. Like, EXTREMELY obvious. It's pretty bad. I keep meaning to do it when there aren't any requests in the shop, but every time the requests are emptied out I forget about it.
Girapuff?

10uglysprites

....I gave it a funny "I'm gonna be awesome epic fail" face:

Spire

III
BRoomer
A new member.

*Crys*

Who are you?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Girapuff?

10uglysprites
Nah, Girapuff was just kind of...simple. I do intend to re-do it at some point in the future, but that's not as urgent. You probably wouldn't remember it, it was long before you joined the shop.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Fixed.

Maybe the one that I have to redo isn't as obvious as I thought. It's actually bugged me since...like, a few days after I did it. Which has been a long time. I really should redo it...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay I'm gonna put my requests back up for today...

Mewtwo + Grovyle
Cacturne + Crawdaunt
Baltoy + Banette + Duskull

Yeah, I know. You don't have to tell me, I know already.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Nah, Girapuff was just kind of...simple. I do intend to re-do it at some point in the future, but that's not as urgent. You probably wouldn't remember it, it was long before you joined the shop.
I'm guessing Pachirisu's evolved form or Castform's evolved form.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You guys aren't looking far enough back...I'm talking a LOONG time ago.

You'll find out when I redo it anyways, it's first on my agenda now. Sorry about other requests, but in all truth this probably should've been done earlier, and I'm just going to keep forgetting if I let it go.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

You'll find out when I redo it anyways, it's first on my agenda now. Sorry about other requests, but in all truth this probably should've been done earlier, and I'm just going to keep forgetting if I let it go.
is it Chartwo since it looks a little femenine

XACE-K

Smash Master

Just as I said, Wetamorph. You made him a LOONG time ago didn't you. Or is this creation not even on the OP.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just as I said, Wetamorph. You made him a LOONG time ago didn't you. Or is this creation not even on the OP.
Yes, I believe I made him before Diamond and Pearl were even out.

I'm talking requests, though. I mean, unless I think it's a lot worse than it actually is I think it should be pretty obvious.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, now that you've all made me feel self-conscious about a bunch of my edits, let me reveal the one that actually got redone...

Machario!

Does no one else think that looks repugnant?

In any case, I redid it;

Also, due to being told how awful about Girapuff, I did two remakes.

This one uses 3rd Gen Jiggs, and has red eyes. I don't know why I didn't do that (at least the 3rd gen sprite) in the first place, but I figured I might as well fix it up.

I actually did that one as an extra to correct Girapuff a little better. I did this version first;

Jiggiratipuff. And there's another Evil Jiggs to add to the list.

Yeah...okay...nevermind then. Ignore my previous post.
...What?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I didn't think Machario was that bad, but don't worry they were your first, and as always probably not your best.
I like the new Jiggiratipuff:)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Jiggiratipuff is awesome. It's like a masked Jigglypuff sworn on protecting the citizens of Kanto with its mystical singing abilities.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Jiggiratipuff is awesome. It's like a masked Jigglypuff sworn on protecting the citizens of Kanto with its mystical singing abilities.
It's like Batpuff!

You know, Batman...but in Jigglypuff form. It's the Pokemon world's superhero. Well, for Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. It doesn't care about Sinnoh.
Who does?

Top Bottom