• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

XACE-K

Smash Master
You got it. can I have a piplup/rayquaza please
I know you're joking but I'll tell you why I can't.

1. I suck at making fusions which is why I made requests here ever since this thread was made.

2. Only my crappy computer works and for some reason, sprites won't load for me. The only ones that do are the ones on the OP. (Cause they're magical :O)

3.I wanna make an evolution chain request for my b-day. (Yes, I'm giving myself a gift.)

4. I don't feel like doing your request.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus already said he could, so yeah. But I guess that means there's two animators that frequent here?!
Eh...animator used lightly. I'm sure you're better at it than I am, not to mention the program I use is very simple.

You got it. can I have a piplup/rayquaza please
I'll take this.

I know you're joking but I'll tell you why I can't.

1. I suck at making fusions which is why I made requests here ever since this thread was made.

2. Only my crappy computer works and for some reason, sprites won't load for me. The only ones that do are the ones on the OP. (Cause they're magical :O)

3.I wanna make an evolution chain request for my b-day. (Yes, I'm giving myself a gift.)

4. I don't feel like doing your request.
No, I think he was saying "You got it" to you saying that there's only one evolution chain a week. Like, "You're right".

Or wait, did you think he was asking you to do Piplup/Rayquaza? In that case, he was replying to you with the "You got it" and then moving on and doing a request for one of the members of the shop.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Or wait, did you think he was asking you to do Piplup/Rayquaza? In that case, he was replying to you with the "You got it" and then moving on and doing a request for one of the members of the shop.
That's it. I still want an evolution chain for my b-day though but I can wait.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That's it. I still want an evolution chain for my b-day though but I can wait.
Well, assuming you can request it first on Monday, you'll get it for your birthday.

Also, I need some opinions on this; do you guys think I should put a notice up at the top of the OP saying whether or not the evolution chain for the week has been requested? On one hand, I'd like people to not be lazy and check themselves, but on the other, it'll be more convenient (assuming people can read bold, colored print at the top of the thread) than telling everyone who comes here that it's taken.

Oh, and the Pupitar Chao is done, The wrath of Koarin.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
so does this mean that I have to wait ANOTHER Monday to for my Togechu's?
Assuming that XACE-K requests it first, yes. But if you request it before he does on Monday, then you won't.

I just realized, good job zrky on requesting it on a Monday. Then it's (almost) at the start of the week.

Oh, and seeinyuN/A, the Psychic-Type Tauros is complete.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Why can't one person take yours an another takes mine. I'm just suggesting that.
That's entirely possible for this once, and considering I'd like to give you your request for your birthday, it'd make sense, but I feel like if I make an exception now people will get upset if I don't do so in the future. If people can promise me that this will be the only (or one of the only if a similar situation comes up eventually) exception I'll be asked to make, I may do it.

And of course, depending on what my fellow members think.

XACE-K

Smash Master
That's entirely possible for this once, and considering I'd like to give you your request for your birthday, it'd make sense, but I feel like if I make an exception now people will get upset if I don't do so in the future. If people can promise me that this will be the only (or one of the only if a similar situation comes up eventually) exception I'll be asked to make, I may do it.

And of course, depending on what my fellow members think.
Well I can request it the next week. My request is a present for myself. Besides I got presnts from relatives A LOT later for my b-day.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thanks, but where is it? I checked the OP and its not there.
It should be there, at the bottom of the first post.

EDIT:...

Or not. Thanks my lovely internet connection, for glitching up and deleting half of the OP ONCE AGAIN. If only I had a backup...

Oh wait, I do. One I just updated, in fact. Yay for backups!
All I can say is, thank god I've been keeping backups. Going through what I went through the last time (before Mewter magically recovered the OP) again would make me want to kill someone.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Firus, if that ever happens to you, and you feel like killing someone (figurativley) Go ahead and do it to Skyler. I wouldnt mind at all:laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's cut off?! Wow this happens a lot to you firus :(...
Yup. As I said before, and I'll say it again, my internet connection is awful. So yeah, it has a tendency to screw up and not completely save my changes. This time I could've gone back, unlike last time, but I had a backup (luckily) anyways so it's no biggie.

Thanks Firus, it looks sick(in a good way).
No problem, I'm glad you like it.

Firus, if that ever happens to you, and you feel like killing someone (figurativley) Go ahead and do it to Skyler. I wouldnt mind at all:laugh:
Nah, if it happens again and I feel extremely angry I'll just print out a picture of Cammie and set it on fire.

Two birds with one stone.

EDIT: Pimpwig and Pimpchar are complete, Darkslash.

Also, I have decided on a system so I can immediately know when requests were requested in relation to one another so I don't have to check back. I'm going to put the post number next to the request when I add it to either the Pending or my Claimed Request list. I'd put the date, but multiple requests will be made on a day, so that doesn't really help me. This way, I know right off the bat which one was requested first, assuming I know how to count, which I do.

Or do I?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yup. As I said before, and I'll say it again, my internet connection is awful. So yeah, it has a tendency to screw up and not completely save my changes. This time I could've gone back, unlike last time, but I had a backup (luckily) anyways so it's no biggie.

No problem, I'm glad you like it.

Nah, if it happens again and I feel extremely angry I'll just print out a picture of Cammie and set it on fire.

Two birds with one stone.

EDIT: Pimpwig and Pimpchar are complete, Darkslash.
Lol thanks. You know i was thinking of making a sprite Comic about Link fighting Cammie instead of Ganondorf. And a Puppy as a Miniboss

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Lol thanks. You know i was thinking of making a sprite Comic about Link fighting Cammie instead of Ganondorf. And a Puppy as a Miniboss
Haha, that's a good idea. But the puppy would specifically have to be a Nintendog. A special kind of Nintendog that Nintendo doesn't show you...the kind that eats the Nintendo logo and barfs it out into what Nintendo is today.

And occasionally, when Link runs into trouble, Shoop Da Shaymin can come in and bail him out.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I thought about it, I'll let Jed make the request for this week. I'll wait until next time. Although if he does forget to post on Monday...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Phew.

Mewter, I finished the animation of Chimagross.

But the biggest news is that I completely updated the banner. I changed the title to "The Custom Pokemon Shop" since that's what we are now, and, since I no longer intend to put it in my sig, I could make it larger than normal. It may stretch the screen (although no more than the first page already is stretched) but it's nicely sized.

I took the same concept from previous banners, but expanded on it. I put an example of everyone's work in each category, save for in Evolutions because Meta-Kirby hasn't done one yet, and put two examples of each member's work in the "And More!" category. It may not look like it, but this took me quite a while so I hope you enjoy it.

Argh! Curse you, Photobucket! Why do you have to make it smaller?
Bah...it looks a little blurry because Photobucket can't handle an 850x120 and had to make it smaller. But...yeah. I hope it still looks okay.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why is "blades of glory" a tag? Ugh, stupid tags.

If I can get away from working constantly, I'll get some new sprites up.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Yeah...luckily, the tags seem to be remaining the same. No more idiotic ones coming.

...Which means that now, of course, they're all going to come. Remember the last time I said something about the tags? I said it was one of the few threads that had intelligent tags and a day later these stupid ones started appearing.

Oh, and I just realized; who put "lolcopter" as a tag? Sheesh, if you're going to put tags like that on at least get it right. It's roflcopter.

zrky said:
Cool banner. YAY, my failed potato in pain got in :)
Yup. At first I wanted to put it in and just didn't think I could, but then I shortened the Lazar a little so it fit.

I'm still upset at Photobucket, though. Honestly, 850x120 and you couldn't handle it?
I suppose it would've been better to keep it at 800 -- I had it at that and then realized that it was too cramped so I increased the canvas size by 50. Not only did that result in having to move everything over, but apparently it screwed things up, too.
I think 800x800 is the max size limit you can have before they shrink it.

In any case, I'm starting to plan out the 5 immunities Pokemon. Obviously it'll take some time to plan out, so...yeah.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I see that my Rapichoke and Flamerai got into the banner.
Yup. I tried to pick good examples of everyone's work, and I think both Rapichoke and Flamerai were great.

It looks awesome :), it was really well done.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
I'm still angry at Photobucket though...

And no, I don't intend to let that go.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm the only one who hasn't made a banner :(. There's not much you can do with paint.
Well, there aren't as many special effects and such, but I think you can probably still make a good banner with it. I'm pretty sure Mewter only has Paint...but correct me if I'm wrong.

And if all else fails, there's always GIMP, like zrky suggested.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well, there aren't as many special effects and such, but I think you can probably still make a good banner with it. I'm pretty sure Mewter only has Paint...but correct me if I'm wrong.

And if all else fails, there's always GIMP, like zrky suggested.
Mewter only uses paint for fusions, to get the clear background he uses photoshop I believe. I'm guessing he made his banner there.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mewter only uses paint for fusions, to get the clear background he uses photoshop I believe. I'm guessing he made his banner there.
Actually, I believe he uses GIMP, which may or may not be what he used to make his banner. I think Spire and I are the only two who use Photoshop.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Yup. I tried to pick good examples of everyone's work, and I think both Rapichoke and Flamerai were great.
Yeah, they are great but IMO, Mewtrai is my greatest request. It's the f***ing ghost of Mewtwo. Mewtrai wants his revenge on Sakurai for not putting Mewtwo in Brawl.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
PAINT.NET

The best thing I ever downloaded EVAR. It is almost Photoshop, but a tiny bit waterdown, and it is completely free to download. Granted, I usually do fusions in Paint, but to take out the white background and do banners, I use Paint.Net!
http://www.getpaint.net/redirect/wp/index.html
do you know of any of these free photoshop things free for mac. Ive been doing most things on my dads computer but he's gonna give it away:(

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
do you know of any of these free photoshop things free for mac. Ive been doing most things on my dads computer but he's gonna give it away:(
Sorry, I've no clue. I'm also sorry all you have is a mac...ugh, I hate Macs. They're confusing and annoying. Windows XP wins.

Macs are supposed to be really good for art, but I imagine that's because there are a lot of programs for it that cost money, so that doesn't really help you unless you can get one of those. I guess the best bet is to save up money. Adobe Photoshop CS3 is extraordinarily expensive and I would not suggest getting it. Honestly, it has some new features and such but $700 isn't worth it unless you're looking into a career with it. CS2 is expensive still, (looking on Amazon the cheapest price was $400) but it's slightly more affordable. Then there's Photoshop Elements, which I highly recommend if you have a tight budget. Even the newest edition (6.0) is about $100, and older versions like 4.0 (the version I have) cost about half that. It's great for editing, special effects, etc.

Ultimately, Photoshop CS2 is a good option for editing and such -- it's the program that Spire, and now I, use for the shop. Photoshop Elements is much more affordable, and it can pull off the type of editing for the shop, but it really shines in special effects.

They're not free options, obviously, but Photoshop Elements is affordable and well...there's my input on that. I hope it helped.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
WindowsXP is good, but I actually asked for the Mac so im happy with it. I also find it allot easier to figure out. Good thing is I have XP on my Mac aswell but I don't have a keyboard to work with it.
Thanks, but I don't think I want to buy any program. I found Paintbrush (paint for mac) but it fails more than potato. You can't freely choose what to cut, it has to be in squeres. but thanks anyway
Guess I'll ask Skyler if he can send me the adobe photoshop he managed to find

Wrath`

Smash Master

Well I fI could edit my tags, it wont let me anymore, I can not accses the tags, or I would remove it *runs*

The banner rocks all out. FAILED POTATO PAIN!!!!

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well I fI could edit my tags, it wont let me anymore, I can not accses the tags, or I would remove it *runs*

The banner rocks all out. FAILED POTATO PAIN!!!!
So did you put down blades of glory? Or was is lolcopter? Perhaps it was the lolcano? You know something about these annoying tags so speak now!

Why were tags added in the first place anyway.

Top Bottom