• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

.Ghosty

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I thought it turned out really good too. All Pokemon Chao are adorable!

The best type coverage is a Dark/Poison type with the ability to Levitate! ZERO weaknesses!

Introducing: Pichabuff!

Looks like a deformed Pika-plushie!
Thanks :) Pika plushies are always so deformed, they can never get the right proportions down!

Introducing: Phanlekid!

I tried to take Elekid's "mischevious personality" and transfer it over to the cute Phanpy. I think it turned out fairly well :chuckle:
They both turned out great!

XACE-K

Smash Master
Phanlekid is looks awesome. I'm not going to say anything about Pichabuff because I think you guys should know why.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
zrky, I finished the Failed Potato in extreme pain.

It's Owned Potato!

Did anyone not see that coming?

Yeah, I wasn't all that good at drawing the lazar. But that's the first time I've drawn it, so...I wasn't entirely sure how to.

Also, does Failed Potato look like a reindeer to anyone else in that picture?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Hey look! It's Pikapuff's baby form!

->

I didn't even think about that when the requet was made. Good job on that one, Meta-Kirby.
Then I promptly request Raichu+Wiggilytuff to complete the chain evolution, thanks in advance

This is very cute, well done on this one.

And Shoop d shamy strikes again.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey, is it just me, or does that have a striking resemblance to the Red/Blue Raichu?

You wouldn't think that it'd look like that, but...in any case, just a fun fact I noticed.

I finished the Mario hat Pikachu and Weegee face Ditto for The wrath of Koarin and the Dunsparce/Fearow requested by Zook.

XACE-K

Smash Master
After seeing that fusion chain evolution, I wanna make another with that being the goal. I'll just wait until the other requests are done to make it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I challenge you guys to fuse a Pokemon so that it will have no type weaknesses.
Cool, I'll call this.

By the way, XACE-K, I finished Caterpie/Miltank.

And as a side note, I noticed today while looking through my Pokemon sprites (I was organizing my sprite sheet a little bit) and I noticed that the Giratina Origin Form (yeah, I know I'm not using the formal spelling--I'm rebelling) sprite we've had was...not a JPEG exactly, but if you look closely enough, the sprite was similar to a JPEG in that there are a million slightly different shades for each shade of each color, so I went to Serebii to see if, by any chance, they'd updated the sprite to be...less JPEG-esque. I guess that the sprite we were using before was part of the animation, because the sprite was updated to a different sprite. The sprite wasn't JPEG-esque, which was good. While I was at it, I decided to make Origin Form's sprite revamped as Spire's regular Giratina. I didn't do much, just a simple recolor, but I decided to do it anyways because...I felt like it. I hope that's okay with you, Spire. Not that we've gotten any Origin Form requests lately, but...I wanted it to be prepared just in case we do.

So here are, for the members' use, Origin Form in both its original coloring and the revamped coloring.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Do an Origin Form + Mewtwo Fusion :)

Please.

EDIT: Could you please check out the Pokemon RPG, That's one of the only reasons I come here anymore.

Mewter

Smash Master
I liked the other one for some reason.:laugh:
Do an Origin Form + Mewtwo Fusion :)

Please.

EDIT: Could you please check out the Pokemon RPG, That's one of the only reasons I come here anymore.
MINE!!!!! ILL DO IT RIGHT NOW AND HAVE IT FINISHED BY TOMORROW!!!! IF I DON"T SOMEONE ELSE CAN HELP, TOO!
Thank you.:)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, I updated Owned Potato since the lazar wasn't rounded.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mecha Salamence is complete, SkylerOcon.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
NOW I can like tutwig more. It's so cute

Firus, did you mark my misdrevus/shieldon
I didn't mark it yet, but I haven't marked a few. Once I'm done with Mecha Jiggs I'll re-update the list.

Also, you should update your sig with the updated version of Owned Potato.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mecha Jiggs is done, XACE-K.

I'll update the list now.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Exactly.

I never use Japanese Words to Discribe Japanese things :dizzy:
That makes absolutely no sense. Also I just came up with a wierd fusion in my head involving Machoke and Rapidash. I'll request it another time because there are specifics to it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I gonna be generic and ask for a fusion of all the eveelutions
please pm me when done
I think it's been done, and when it's done it usually gets posted here.

Darkslash, I agree with Xace-K your logic makes no sense
Oh, Firus, IMO the original lazer looks cooler

Wrath`

Smash Master
So here are, for the members' use, Origin Form in both its original coloring and the revamped coloring.

Now is the left one the revamp? because it had a nice vivid color to it. If not, I do not see why the right one would be considered a "revamp" it look duller.

I just am curious. as for a request I would like to see a Pupitar chao using A1 box

Darkslash

Smash Master
Exactly. Its supposed to make no sense what so ever becuase i rarely use Japanese words at all. Okay lets stop there.

Any ways about the Revamp Giratina.

Its Looks AWESOME. Giratina has to be my favorite Legendary lol

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think it's been done, and when it's done it usually gets posted here.

Oh, Firus, IMO the original lazer looks cooler
Meh. The jagged lazar looks kind of lazily done, in my opinion. Plus, a Shoop Da Whoop lazar looks like that, so it'd be inaccurate to have it any other way.

Now is the left one the revamp? because it had a nice vivid color to it. If not, I do not see why the right one would be considered a "revamp" it look duller.

I just am curious. as for a request I would like to see a Pupitar chao using A1 box
The right one is the revamp, because vivid doesn't necessarily mean better. Keep in mind that this is an ancient, legendary beast that lives in an alternate dimension. Why the heck should it be bright and vivid?

In any case, I'll give you Spire's explanation from 50+ pages back.

My standards are that sprites must reflect their artwork in form and color to stay true to their design. Otherwise, you'll end up with the bizarreness of 1st Gen. I HATE the pink Palkia sprite. It's horrid. I think I'm going to go through and revamp all of the Pokemon that I feel need to so their colors are correct.

And on that note, here is my Giratina revamped. Its sprite has ALWAYS bothered me:
Mine vs. Original

VS

And here's the artwork for comparison:

GIRATINA IS NOT BLUE
Would it be possible to make a sprite version of my avatar (Lucario on Fire) ?

I'd also like to see Mecha-Garchomp and Sunkern + Magikarp.
Well...your avatar isn't exactly clear. I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. Do you just want flames around Lucario?

Any ways about the Revamp Giratina.

Its Looks AWESOME. Giratina has to be my favorite Legendary lol
Well, all credits to Spire. I may have made the recolor, but Spire took the time to do the original Giratina revamp and I'd feel wrong taking any credit, because recoloring takes all of five seconds, at least for someone well-versed in spriting. At first, it seems amazing, but...trust me, after a while, you'll look down upon things that are recolors only. In some cases they work best, and nothing would be better suitable, but most of the time it's frowned upon. It may seem to you as kind of snobby, but...once you learn that recoloring can be done in five seconds with Paint (heck, you could do an entire HUGE sprite sheet in five seconds given that you use the right method, and this is still Paint we're talking about here) it's...not a big deal anymore.

Top Bottom