• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
We've gone off-topic for post 2000, which has to be at least 1/10 of the amount of Pokemon made in this shop. Now my post was on-topic and off-topic.

I feel so special.

Seriously though, I request an Eevee chao. Any chao sprite is fine by me.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I wanted 1994 :(.

That brings up a question. This is just out of curiosity. What age did you guys start playing pokemon and how old are you now? There was a thread about it a long time ago but I don't really want to bring a dead thread back. You don't need to answer if you feel it's to personal.
I started with the anime and toys, but about a year (maybe half year, not sure) after red/blue came out is when I started with the games. Sadly the only gameboy game (of the RPGs)im missing is Crystal.

XACE-K

Smash Master
That brings up a question. This is just out of curiosity. What age did you guys start playing pokemon and how old are you now? There was a thread about it a long time ago but I don't really want to bring a dead thread back. You don't need to answer if you feel it's to personal.
Did Pokemon come out in 1996 worldwide or only Japan? I can't remember. Anyway whatever it was, I started playing Pokemon around 3 years old because my older brother had both Red and Blue. I'm almost 14 now and I still like Pokemon. I don't openly say that I like it but me, my friends and my cousin still battle each other whenever we're bored.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Did Pokemon come out in 1996 worldwide or only Japan? I can't remember. Anyway whatever it was, I started playing Pokemon around 3 years old because my older brother had both Red and Blue. I'm almost 14 now and I still like Pokemon. I don't openly say that I like it but me, my friends and my cousin still battle each other whenever we're bored.
HAHAHAH loser you still play pokemon:chuckle: that's ironic because i do to(I was just kidding for anyone who took it seriously)
I was into transformers (beast Wars(THE BEST)) when pokemon came out so I thnk I was five or six when I started playing.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I started playing when I was like five.

I was the only guy who still played it after the first movie came out and ruined everything.

.Ghosty

Smash Rookie
It's from some stupid show on Cartoon Network. I only recognize it because they had an advertisement for it in the movie theater I go to.

It's called Flapjack, I think.
Yeah it's The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

ADVENTTTTTTTTTTTTUUUUUURE!

EDIT: Yay 2008!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Wow we got off-topic.

And yay! I'm in the country club! Nobody except for Skyler and Spire allowed (unless your uber cool).

Spire

III
BRoomer

Wow we got off-topic.

And yay! I'm in the country club! Nobody except for Skyler and Spire allowed (unless your uber cool).
Unless you're uber shiny, which no one else is.

Okay, back to Pokemon spriting. I think I'm going to work on something for the first time in weeks.

Mewter

Smash Master
Firus, do you know what that Armaltops animation means?
It means we are falling into making animations.
Ready for this revolution, Spire, Firus, Bowser, Meta Kirby?
I am not.
Could one of you guys please lead me through the steps?:laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
I am not.
What? Who's to say where this goes. I know several methods for animating, but I don't want to.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
...but you like Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff likers aren't uber cool.
No, no my good sir. Pokemon preference has nothing to do with how uber cool you are.

Oh, and if you guys make a sprite sheet, I could animate some of the custom Pokemon for you.

XACE-K

Smash Master
No, no my good sir. Pokemon preference has nothing to do with how uber cool you are.

Oh, and if you guys make a sprite sheet, I could animate some of the custom Pokemon for you.
O rly?

Anyway guys, don't do the animations for the sprites. I can't think of a reason why not to but I say just stick with what you do.

M.K

Level 55
c-4
giratina, mudkip, rayquaza, and garchomp
no shiny
dark / ghost type
Oooh, interesting choices there. I'm going to claim.........Garchomp!

Remember, for Chao, the Chao doesn't have to look exactly LIKE the pokemon, but more like the Chao is wearing a "costume" of the Pokemon!

:laugh:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
2001 the dumbazz known as bush enters This thread the highest office
Please keep political comments away from this thread...politics generally start pretty ugly debates, and let's save that for the Debate Hall, hm?

I am not.
No, we're not. zrky requested the second sprite of animation for Armaltops, and I decided to make an animation just because I could. By no means are we doing animations consistently. We're spriters, not animaters. I'm lucky I shelled that animation out.

M.K

Level 55

Aww...it's SO cute! Who would know that a Garchomp Chao would turn out so adorable! It was done with pose C-4, so thats why the eyes are like that.

Chaos are ALL about scratching parts. You HAVE to do it, or the Chao looks stupid. Everyone please try to scratch your parts for the Chao, it REALLY makes a difference!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wait whu wha who WHAT?????!!!!?!?!?1/1/

Surely this is a Joke???
Yeah. I was joking because then he has a 4x weakness to Grass.

In any case, making him Water as opposed to being a landshark would mean Ground would probably be the one removed anyways. But Dragon/Water has no 4x weaknesses so I couldn't make the joke there.

And I finished my Jigglypuff Chao.

I'm with you Meta-Kirby, you've got to scratch the parts for the Chaos to make them fit, or it looks silly.

On that topic, Garchomp Chao looks awesome. The scratched parts look great, and yeah, surprisingly enough it looks really cute. So much for being the big Dragon-type of fourth gen, huh?

M.K

Level 55
Yeah. I was joking because then he has a 4x weakness to Grass.

In any case, making him Water as opposed to being a landshark would mean Ground would probably be the one removed anyways. But Dragon/Water has no 4x weaknesses so I couldn't make the joke there.

And I finished my Jigglypuff Chao.

I'm with you Meta-Kirby, you've got to scratch the parts for the Chaos to make them fit, or it looks silly.

On that topic, Garchomp Chao looks awesome. The scratched parts look great, and yeah, surprisingly enough it looks really cute. So much for being the big Dragon-type of fourth gen, huh?
Thanks, I thought it turned out really good too. All Pokemon Chao are adorable!

The best type coverage is a Dark/Poison type with the ability to Levitate! ZERO weaknesses!

Introducing: Pichabuff!

Looks like a deformed Pika-plushie!

Darkslash

Smash Master
Thanks, I thought it turned out really good too. All Pokemon Chao are adorable!

The best type coverage is a Dark/Poison type with the ability to Levitate! ZERO weaknesses!

Looks like a deformed Pika-plushie!
Thing is i have a Pika Plushy and it almost looks like it. Nice work.

M.K

Level 55
Thing is i have a Pika Plushy and it almost looks like it. Nice work.
Thanks :) Pika plushies are always so deformed, they can never get the right proportions down!

Introducing: Phanlekid!

I tried to take Elekid's "mischevious personality" and transfer it over to the cute Phanpy. I think it turned out fairly well :chuckle:

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Happy... 2000 posts?!
I saw this before when it was still just pencil. I still say the hips need to be wider.
I agree with Xace-K about MOST jigglypuff people.

Can I have a misdrevus/shieldon and a shaymin chao(G-4)

Oh and Meta-Kirby the best type combination would be a dark/ghost with levitate, then it has no weakneses and is immune to two types:)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Hey look! It's Pikapuff's baby form!

->

I didn't even think about that when the request was made. Good job on that one, Meta-Kirby.

I saw this before when it was still just pencil. I still say the hips need to be wider.
I agree with Xace-K about MOST jigglypuff people.

Can I have a misdrevus/shieldon and a shaymin chao(G-4)

Oh and Meta-Kirby the best type combination would be a dark/ghost with levitate, then it has no weakneses and is immune to two types:)
I call Shaymin Chao. (duh.)

And uh, you mean 4 types. Ghost is immune to Normal and Fighting, Dark immune to Psychic, and Levitate negates Ground.

In any case, a BETTER combination would be same typing with Water Absorb as an ability and Magnet Rise in its moveset. Then it's immune to five types.

Top Bottom