• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hehehe...

I dare one of you to try and fuse Dragios and Weedlquaza. Fusing already fused Pokemon.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I have thought of another cool thing, Ditto body+Weegee(that wierd luigi) eyes and nose. thanks in advance.[/COLOR]
I'll mark this request down, but please, from now on, try to severely limit any spinoff fusions. Keep it to Pokemon most of the time and request one of these only very rarely. We've got the Mario hat one and this one now, so don't request another one for a while, please.

Also, Skyler, I'll take it.

M.K

Level 55
I got the epic hot banner in my signature, and it links to the shop :chuckle: Kudos for technology!

Also, we need more requests!\

@SIGNATURE: FUUUCKK! Why doe it have to cut off the bottom part!!!

>:[

Spire

III
BRoomer
I got the epic hot banner in my signature, and it links to the shop :chuckle: Kudos for technology!

Also, we need more requests!\

@SIGNATURE: FUUUCKK! Why doe it have to cut off the bottom part!!!

>:[
The full sig is beautiful, but the cut sig sucks. If you saved it as a photoshop file, just go back and move things up a bit.

M.K

Level 55
The full sig is beautiful, but the cut sig sucks. If you saved it as a photoshop file, just go back and move things up a bit.
*Sigh*

I did it in Paint, but I guess I could go into Paint.Net (free software I use to remove white background and other alterations, just like Photoshop) and try and make it work...

EDIT: I'm tried to fix it now....lets see if it worked...
FUUUUUCKKKK

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It's a good start to use the basic orange, blue, and green to represent fire, water, and grass, respectively, but think about how you can perhaps make them stand out more (in particular the grass-representation, as it has been rendered almost impossible to spot). When designing a sprite, you must take into account the best way to convey the prime aspects of it - and in this case, a Deoxys (the form) and its three types, Fire, Water, and Grass.

Now, since Deoxys is a futuristic being, perhaps putting leaves on it would be of poor taste, and since you've not done that, then you're a step ahead of the ballgame. Perhaps Deoxys' grass type is represented by compressed plant-juices, stored within tubes attached to its body (since it is a robotic being).

Now, for the Fire representation. The default Deoxys is red-orange and blue, so its really not that different from this one at all. To convey the Fire-type, perhaps you should recolor the orange areas to be a rusty, gray steel color(s), with the top "half" of it being really heated steel (like you see in forges) so it's a glowing orange/yellow.

And finally, for the Water representation. Since incorporating water with fire would probably be difficult to realistically keep intact without magic or the sort, then perhaps the water should stay inside, buckled down in see-through containers (the containers being Deoxys itself).

However, this conflicts with the grass, and since Grass types really cannot exist without Water, yet are superior in type, then it's up to you to choose which type will be included. Fire/Water? Fire/Grass? Water/Fire? Grass/Fire? Typically, grass wouldn't come off as understandably as Water would, so perhaps Fire/Water would work better. However, this is where abilities come into play, where you could potentially create one that gives the Pokemon grass-type attributes, that accompany its natural grass-moves in its move pool. You wouldn't want to give it razor leaf or vine whip, but Solar Beam, and other such attacks that do not depend on leaves and what not would be very appropriate.

I'd love to do a mockup of your concept, if you don't mind. Otherwise, please take the time to revamp it, with or without my suggestions. I'm looking forward to seeing your product.
I agree, I kind of went lazy on this one since it's been sitting in the pending list forever. I'll try to redo it with the tips you told me.

EDIT:

Better??

M.K

Level 55

Introducing: Koffrock!

Hehehe, I think it looks funny! You might be wondering why I put the gas on only one side. Think of it like a spacecraft, and it's moving to the left!

Darkslash

Smash Master

Hehehe, I think it looks funny! You might be wondering why I put the gas on only one side. Think of it like a spacecraft, and it's moving to the left!
what is that?

Looks like a Lunatone,Wheezing and Drifllom(gah don't care about spelling lulz)

Any ways trying to make the Gold Palkia, but dunno where to put the Gold

EDIT: Also take a crack at the Absol/Umbreon Fusion. Darktypes lol

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
well that's why typoleon's attack is only effective against evil and normal jiggs mine also has wonderguard and no weakneses so ha.

Oh, I almost forgot

I know it doesn't look very good, but the parts didn't want to fit. and Slaking's body didn't want to work. so that's why. any help
Hehe, I thought it would be a though one since Slaking's sprite is always lying down while Ursaring is standing up straight.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Behold my Monster :laugh:

ITS A SPRITE!! ITS A SPRITE!!

Also im going to make a Fire Turtwig for kicks
He's cute! His left eye looks kinda funky, like you forgot to put the color over it like the right one. Can you fix that?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

It looks nice! I probably would've tackled it by just tacking on the spike-type things Solrock has, but that was a creative idea and it runed out well!

Behold my Monster :laugh:

ITS A SPRITE!! ITS A SPRITE!!

Also im going to make a Fire Turtwig for kicks
Um...PLEASE do not fulfill any requests. Only Spire, Bowser, Mewter, Meta-Kirby, and I, the members of the shop, can fulfill requests.

And, as we are back from hiatus, we also request that you post a minimal amount of your own creations in the shop. I don't mean to come off rude, but these are the rules.

mzink*

Smash Ace
So am I taking this Chimchar or going on the waiting list for one of the shop owners? I don't mind waiting and stickin to the rules.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So am I taking this Chimchar or going on the waiting list for one of the shop owners? I don't mind waiting and stickin to the rules.

EDIT: I can just wait, go ahead and put me on the waiting list
Well, the Chimchar has been done and it's pretty good, so unless you're dissatisfied with that one, there's no need to put it on the waiting list. Just, in the future, no one else should fulfill the requests.

I apologize Darkslash, we just don't want the shop becoming a chaotic free-for-all. If you're really bored and want random Pokemon to fuse, the Random Pokemon Generator that Bowser posted works well for that. Just click on "Generate Two" and you get two random Pokemon.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
zrky, I completed the Scyther pre-evolution. And uh...before anyone says anything, its name is pronounced Blayd - er. Yeah, it's uncreative, but...when you think about it, so are Scyther and Scizor, and I wanted my name to be in league with the other two names.

Blade + Er
Scythe + Er
Scissor - ssor + zor

zrky

Smash Lol'd
zrky, I completed the Scyther pre-evolution. And uh...before anyone says anything, its name is pronounced Blayd - er. Yeah, it's uncreative, but...when you think about it, so are Scyther and Scizor, and I wanted my name to be in league with the other two names.

Blade + Er
Scythe + Er
Scissor - ssor + zor
COOL

don't feel like it's a cheesy name, scyther's prototype name was stryke.

CArniE

Smash Cadet
NNID
TokioCore
lol omg those are awesome what program do you use to make them?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lol omg those are awesome what program do you use to make them?
Most of us use Paint. I think I'm going to start using Adobe Photoshop CS2 soon, which is the program that Spire uses. I've been waiting until I got more familiar with it to start working with it consistently, and I think I'm pretty familiar with it now.

Also, I'll take the "Cowterpie" request. I like fusing the little bugs. And by that, I mean Weedle/Caterpie, not Wurmple and other failure bugs.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Hey, Firus, sorry for kinda nagging here, but could you check out the Pokemon RPG?

Also, It was a long wait for me to request something from this again.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I was referring to a post Firus made on that page talking to Darkslash about not taking requests.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was referring to a post Firus made on that page talking to Darkslash about not taking requests.
Ohh yeah. I forgot about zrky when I was listing people who could do requests. You said something about zrky doing requests. right?

Mewter

Smash Master
Heh, Koffrock looks nice, and maybe yiu could add floating spikes made out of smoke, too. That's be cool.

Sorry guys. I'm not off hiatus yet, but once I am I'll start creating sprites a little more often. Maybe one every two days. But you'll have to wait because... well. Look at my claimed list.:laugh:

Edit: New Avatar.

Mewter

Smash Master
Everyone replied at once.
Woah.
And that Dugtrio fusion looks nice, Zrky. The only problem I have with it is the weird out line along the ears.

Edit: Double Post.

By the way, how do you create animated sigs?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
By the way, how do you create animated sigs?
If you mean GIF animations, you'll need some sort of animation program. Flash programs work, and there are some free .gif animators floating around on the internet.

Top Bottom