• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

XACE-K

Smash Master
My Flintile looks like a freak and Haunteon is really cool. Also my good computer still has a virus but my crappy computer is doesn't. I'll be here more often from now on.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
That looks awesome. Really well done Meta.

Firus, since I already finished a jiggly chao 2 pages back, do you want me to post it. If you want to that's fine with me.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That looks awesome. Really well done Meta.

Firus, since I already finished a jiggly chao 2 pages back, do you want me to post it. If you want to that's fine with me.
I'm going to do the G4 Skyler requested, and Skyler requested one (was it C4?) for you to do after the dilemna came up. That way we'll have different Jigglypuff Chaos.

M.K

Level 55
Shop Page Update: I've given names to all my Type Changes. as well as changed the colors of the examples. Check it out!

Firus/Spire/Mewter, what do you think of Peophina?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Umm...im not one of them but I'll say it again.......it's really a work of art, the idea of a water horse was really good. I stranglely would have just done a blue ponyta :p yes I lack innovation.

Just an idea meta, maybe either you or firus should add the chao poses to there section of the shop. It would make it easier then having to remember page 95?

here's jiggly....

I wonder if we should start doing pokeggs??

mind if I try it. Oh I'll put up my Ursaring/slaking later when I have more time.
sure, we could both try it :)

XACE-K

Smash Master
I want to punch that Jiggly-chao so hard in the face right now. It's good but I just really hate Jigglypuff (long story).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I really like it Meta-Kirby. Great idea. I'm with Bowser...I mean, I would've tried adding more water-like features, but I wouldn't have gone so creative with it. That was a great idea and it came out well.

As for the Chao poses, I'll add those to my post, that's a good idea. That can go hand-in-hand with the types of requests that can be done nicely.

As for Eggs, that's actually a cool idea. After seeing those in that tutorial I sort of had an urge to do them. They could be pretty fun. Simple, but fun.

Nice Jiggly Chao, Bowser. I'll have to get to mine...sometime in the near future. I really ought to get working on some more requests.

As for XACE-K, the Evil Jigglypuffs are going to eat your face off now.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
To bad ill say it. I DON'T LIKE JIGGLYPUFF
Yeah.

The Evil Jigglypuffs will eat your face off, too.

Try to defend yourself. But nothing can stop the Evil Jigglypuffs.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
bring it on, ill use Typoleon which knows superduper awesome evil jigglypuff halocaust attack.
Won't work. Just ask Skyler, Evil Jigglypuffs are invincible.

...But we're getting severely off-topic.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
well that's why typoleon's attack is only effective against evil and normal jiggs mine also has wonderguard and no weakneses so ha.

Oh, I almost forgot

I know it doesn't look very good, but the parts didn't want to fit. and Slaking's body didn't want to work. so that's why. any help

M.K

Level 55
Umm...im not one of them but I'll say it again.......it's really a work of art, the idea of a water horse was really good. I stranglely would have just done a blue ponyta :p yes I lack innovation.

Just an idea meta, maybe either you or firus should add the chao poses to there section of the shop. It would make it easier then having to remember page 95?

here's jiggly....

I wonder if we should start doing pokeggs??

sure, we could both try it :)
AMAZING JOB ON THE JIGGLYPUFF CHAO! It was so good, I had to look again to know it was a chao. I was like "That looks really 3-D? WOAH!!!" GREAT JOB for the first Chao ever done in the shop!!!

Thanks for the comments on Peophina, I put alot of work into it :bee:

well that's why typoleon's attack is only effective against evil and normal jiggs mine also has wonderguard and no weakneses so ha.

Oh, I almost forgot

I know it doesn't look very good, but the parts didn't want to fit. and Slaking's body didn't want to work. so that's why. any help
When the parts don't fit, you HAVE to scratch parts. I didn't understand that concept when I first started, and my sprites looked BAD!
Case and point:

Yikes, that was one of my first fusions.

The Ursaking doesn't look terrible, but you can tell it doesn't mesh well together. Scratching is your friend :chuckle: It IS very tough to do well though!

OH EMM EFF GEE! LOOK WHAT I FOUND. I did the EXACT SAME thing as you, bowser_king, except yours is like....a bajillion and a half times better than mine!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I like the banner, Meta-Kirby. Cool idea. Also, the fact that it's full of bright oranges, reds, and yellows makes it more eye-catching.

I updated the OP with the Chao information. Also, SkylerOcon, I finished the Gyarados Evolution.

XACE-K

Smash Master

Would you like to say that again?
You want me to say something mean about Jigglypuff? I could make as many comments about that piece of s*** that it equals the number of posts in this thread and would surpass it.

Firus, f*** the evil Jigglypuffs.

Meta-Kirby, the banner is awesome.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Guys, calm down. It's just a jiggly choa.

We really need to make a pokemon hate thread :p.
actually it wouldn't be a bad idea, instead of best pokemon just post your least favorite(Opinions must be considered)
should I try it?

Firus, I like the gyarados evolution

Wrath`

Smash Master

FIRE TYPES REJOCE!!!! Much epic banner, great job meta.

I have thought of another cool thing, Ditto body+Weegee(that wierd luigi) eyes and nose. thanks in advance.

Spire

III
BRoomer
not really. It's supposed to repersent fire, water and ,if you look closely at it's eyes and that purple line down it's face, grass.
It's a good start to use the basic orange, blue, and green to represent fire, water, and grass, respectively, but think about how you can perhaps make them stand out more (in particular the grass-representation, as it has been rendered almost impossible to spot). When designing a sprite, you must take into account the best way to convey the prime aspects of it - and in this case, a Deoxys (the form) and its three types, Fire, Water, and Grass.

Now, since Deoxys is a futuristic being, perhaps putting leaves on it would be of poor taste, and since you've not done that, then you're a step ahead of the ballgame. Perhaps Deoxys' grass type is represented by compressed plant-juices, stored within tubes attached to its body (since it is a robotic being).

Now, for the Fire representation. The default Deoxys is red-orange and blue, so its really not that different from this one at all. To convey the Fire-type, perhaps you should recolor the orange areas to be a rusty, gray steel color(s), with the top "half" of it being really heated steel (like you see in forges) so it's a glowing orange/yellow.

And finally, for the Water representation. Since incorporating water with fire would probably be difficult to realistically keep intact without magic or the sort, then perhaps the water should stay inside, buckled down in see-through containers (the containers being Deoxys itself).

However, this conflicts with the grass, and since Grass types really cannot exist without Water, yet are superior in type, then it's up to you to choose which type will be included. Fire/Water? Fire/Grass? Water/Fire? Grass/Fire? Typically, grass wouldn't come off as understandably as Water would, so perhaps Fire/Water would work better. However, this is where abilities come into play, where you could potentially create one that gives the Pokemon grass-type attributes, that accompany its natural grass-moves in its move pool. You wouldn't want to give it razor leaf or vine whip, but Solar Beam, and other such attacks that do not depend on leaves and what not would be very appropriate.

I'd love to do a mockup of your concept, if you don't mind. Otherwise, please take the time to revamp it, with or without my suggestions. I'm looking forward to seeing your product.

Top Bottom