• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
*Phew*

Sorry I haven't been working on any requests in the later part of today--I was working on a special project.
In celebration of my 200th edit, I bring you my alternate form of Shaymin; Ice Form. (Purposely Ice because that way it can beat Failed Potato with ease.)

I spent a lot of time on it, but I don't think it came out entirely well...what do you guys think? I tried to make it larger and more useful looking, yet still cute, so it has the best of both worlds. I dunno...opinions?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
*Phew*

Sorry I haven't been working on any requests in the later part of today--I was working on a special project.
In celebration of my 200th edit, I bring you my alternate form of Shaymin; Ice Form. (Purposely Ice because that way it can beat Failed Potato with ease.)

I spent a lot of time on it, but I don't think it came out entirely well...what do you guys think? I tried to make it larger and more useful looking, yet still cute, so it has the best of both worlds. I dunno...opinions?
It definetaly beats failed potato. Maybe you could put like umm.... maybe frozen flowers, yea frozen flowers work. Otherwise nice work. Oh did anyone get my Bulbasaur/Arceus or my last two request (couple posts up).

Ilex

Smash Ace
I really like it but the shading doesn't really complement the shape of the pokemon. Try breaking the sprite into different shapes, for example, the body could be an oval with lots of cones ontop. Then try to shade the different parts separately and connect the different shapes with the curves of the body. Imo, that's the best way to shade your sprites professionally

Ice is tricky to shade, but general there's lots of off-white highlights (Like, a lum of 233) to make it look glassy and cyan shades underneath. Don't be afraid to add highlights, it looks like you were because of the dithering.

Also, from the perspective of the sprite it looks as though there's just one long spine of spikes down its back, is this how the sprite was intended? Just wondering. Overall it has the basic principles down and you're trying out new techniques which is a good thing.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I really like it but the shading doesn't really complement the shape of the pokemon. Try breaking the sprite into different shapes, for example, the body could be an oval with lots of cones ontop. Then try to shade the different parts separately and connect the different shapes with the curves of the body. Imo, that's the best way to shade your sprites professionally

Ice is tricky to shade, but general there's lots of off-white highlights (Like, a lum of 233) to make it look glassy and cyan shades underneath. Don't be afraid to add highlights, it looks like you were because of the dithering.

Also, from the perspective of the sprite it looks as though there's just one long spine of spikes down its back, is this how the sprite was intended? Just wondering. Overall it has the basic principles down and you're trying out new techniques which is a good thing.
Nice critique, Ilex. I was going to say something very similar, but you took the cake. I checked out your sprites, and they are very, very nice. I really enjoyed the custom maps though. That's something that I've been wanting to do for quite some time now, but haven't gotten around to do so. Great job :)

Yaya

Smash Champion
I never saw it, I searched too.

EDIT: I know the reason I didn't find it, I searched Yaya on Find, it says it was requested by zrky.

XACE-K

Smash Master
*Phew*

F***, I'm too late to see it. Oh well, it was Shaymin anyway
and he/she/it/potato suck as a legendary.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I would compliment your anti-failed potato, but it says it was removed from photobucket. But that is a very nice looking removal notice right thar. :ohwell:

XACE-K

Smash Master
YAY im back from a horrible roadtrip.
You guys have done some nice fusions:)
Hey can I have a Doduo/Cloyster and Charizard with Luvdisc wings
Keep up the awesome jobs.:bee:
Oh crap, I just realized you came back. Well anyway the more requesters, the more work for this shop.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Oh crap, I just realized you came back. Well anyway the more requesters, the more work for this shop.
?????????????????????

@YAYA, that is a very odd coincidence, that two different people actually though of the smae thing:)

XACE-K

Smash Master
?????????????????????

@YAYA, that is a very odd coincidence, that two different people actually though of the smae thing:)
This has happened before. When Firus was done with the Mewtrai I requested like a month ago, lowradiation requested it right after. But its still a wierd coincedence.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'd just like to make an announcement; from now on, I intend to limit myself to doing two edits a day. If I'm feeling especially like doing edits one day, I may do a few more, but recently I've been spending a LOT of time here doing all of the requests, and I'm getting really stressed out by it. It's not to punish you, it's to cut down on the stress for me.

MysticKenji, I finished Dragonite/Ludicolo and Butterfree with a Scarf.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'd just like to make an announcement; from now on, I intend to limit myself to doing two edits a day. If I'm feeling especially like doing edits one day, I may do a few more, but recently I've been spending a LOT of time here doing all of the requests, and I'm getting really stressed out by it. It's not to punish you, it's to cut down on the stress for me.

MysticKenji, I finished Dragonite/Ludicolo and Butterfree with a Scarf.

Good job on the Dracoodolo, it looks good with the antenii.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YAY I got it right. I knew I remembered it:)
You know your addicted to pokemon when you knew buterfree wore a scarf in the anime:)

majora_787

Smash Hero
YAY I got it right. I knew I remembered it:)
You know your addicted to pokemon when you knew buterfree wore a scarf in the anime:)
Wrong thread, but STILL quoted for epic truth.....

I still choose to believe that it's a reference to the pokemon contest scarves, because they make my pokemon SO irresistable to the ladies. XD

Anyway, that gives me an idea. Just small sprite edits, yes scarves. I plan on making a memorial to my pokemon ruby team before I have to start over.

Sceptile with a red scarf
Rayquaza with a yellow scarf
shiny Corpish with a pink scarf
Castform with a green scarf
Mewtwo with a green scarf
Groudon with a yellow scarf

No, I'm not kidding. If I had a way to solve my problem I would strap jk at the end, but I'm not. Sorry for a list, but...

zrky

Smash Lol'd

I still choose to believe that it's a reference to the pokemon contest scarves, because they make my pokemon SO irresistable to the ladies. XD

Anyway, that gives me an idea. Just small sprite edits, yes scarves. I plan on making a memorial to my pokemon ruby team before I have to start over.

No, I'm not kidding. If I had a way to solve my problem I would strap jk at the end, but I'm not. Sorry for a list, but...
Ya but I couldn't resist saying it:)

Why don't you try sending it to a repair shop or something like that, maybe they could fix it. Have you tried a gameshark, that might fix it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'll take all of these. I'll only be doing two requests a day, but I would still like to do this.

Don't restart your game yet, though. Even if you can't figure anything out to do with it, unless you're dying to replay the game, don't. If you're not dying to replay it, restarting it will only delete it when it's only erasing your hard work to try and re-accomplish it.

Wrath`

Smash Master

should'nt you migrate them to diamond?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'll take all of these. I'll only be doing two requests a day, but I would still like to do this.

Don't restart your game yet, though. Even if you can't figure anything out to do with it, unless you're dying to replay the game, don't. If you're not dying to replay it, restarting it will only delete it when it's only erasing your hard work to try and re-accomplish it.
My only hope is a move modifier. Unfortunatly I have tried two different move mods, neither of which let me teach mewtwo fly. Ugh.

I don't plan on restarting until the requests are finished. After that I will search for move modifiers, but if it doesn't work...I don't have any other options.

And guys, I couldn't even migrate to another ruby or sapphire game at this point. I'm screwed. -_-

Top Bottom