• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
haha, so you actually pu it. I would have to agree that zook makes the strangest requests:laugh:
anyway, Bowser thanks for the Minosol I always wanted to know what it might look like. Keep up the good work:)
Ill make another request.Bulbasaur/Arceus thanks
Yeah, but I'd have to say that most of them are pretty epic as well. He's requested from Mudkivine to Crapinch. Thankfully, I get to have the pleasure of doing many of Zook's requests--they're almost all really awesome.

It came out pretty well, despite the fact that Unown is banned and doesn't fit in with Pokemon, really, as it is basically the alphabet. Even so, we won't do any other Unown fusions. Spire's right--it goes against their purpose.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I would like a giritina/jigglypuff. I'd like to see u do that!
Called.

I'm always up for a challenge.

EDIT: I finished my Type Change of a Fusion, zrky. Ice type Kabutwo, or Kafrostwo.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No no. You're not thinking hard enough my dear Mojo.

Jigglypuff, Entei, Flygon, and Blaziken.

Have fun, whoever picks this up.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Exactly. Any takers?
Hm, well actually Spire, was that a "What the hell? That was so random!" or a "What the hell, I'll take it." I can't exactly tell.

If it was just an "it was random", then I totally call it. I'm always up for a challenge. Seriously. That's why I took Dragentew, that's why I've claimed the past two challenges, that's why I wanted both Golduross and Parasnelgo. They were challenges, so I really wanted to take them.

So yeah, definitely called unless Spire was calling it.

Also, Darkslash, I finished Salamence/Palkia.

I hope you like it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nah, I think I'll just stick with what I have. Giritina Jiggly seems rather difficult...
Yeah, no need to change it. It's still a challenge.

And um, just from what I'm thinking of right now, I can guarantee you it's going to look really weird. Just letting you know that.

Oh yeah, Spire, I forgot to mention--I used your revamped Palkia's Pearl for Palkamence. I thought it looked a lot better. I hope that's okay.

And I actually never got around to commenting on it, but while it's not entirely noticeable, you did 100x better of a job with Palkia. The shading on both Dialga and Palkia is awful, but you fixed it and stopped it from being just pink. For some ancient beast, it should look weathered--and your revamp does. Good job.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, no need to change it. It's still a challenge.

And um, just from what I'm thinking of right now, I can guarantee you it's going to look really weird. Just letting you know that.

Oh yeah, Spire, I forgot to mention--I used your revamped Palkia's Pearl for Palkamence. I thought it looked a lot better. I hope that's okay.

And I actually never got around to commenting on it, but while it's not entirely noticeable, you did 100x better of a job with Palkia. The shading on both Dialga and Palkia is awful, but you fixed it and stopped it from being just pink. For some ancient beast, it should look weathered--and your revamp does. Good job.
Thanks, I appreciate it :) As far as I'm concerned, we all have access to one another's work. It's kind of like a modder's resource databank.

Also, are you sure you used mine? The Palkamence looks rather pink to me. Regardless, good job on it, Firus ;)

My standards are that sprites must reflect their artwork in form and color to stay true to their design. Otherwise, you'll end up with the bizarreness of 1st Gen. I HATE the pink Palkia sprite. It's horrid. I think I'm going to go through and revamp all of the Pokemon that I feel need to so their colors are correct.

And on that note, here is my Giratina revamped. Its sprite has ALWAYS bothered me:
Mine vs. Original

VS

And here's the artwork for comparison:

GIRATINA IS NOT BLUE

majora_787

Smash Hero
Thanks, I appreciate it :) As far as I'm concerned, we all have access to one another's work. It's kind of like a modder's resource databank.

Also, are you sure you used mine? The Palkamence looks rather pink to me. Regardless, good job on it, Firus ;)

My standards are that sprites must reflect their artwork in form and color to stay true to their design. Otherwise, you'll end up with the bizarreness of 1st Gen. I HATE the pink Palkia sprite. It's horrid. I think I'm going to go through and revamp all of the Pokemon that I feel need to so their colors are correct.

And on that note, here is my Giratina revamped. Its sprite has ALWAYS bothered me:
Mine vs. Original

VS

GIRATINA IS NOT BLUE
I can deffinatly say your revamps and upgrades to coloring are pretty awesome. o:

XACE-K

Smash Master
Good job with the fusions guys and I got a request that will probably look wierd.

Sceptile + Flint (or whatever the name of the Elite Four fire type trainer is)

Yes, another pokemon plus trainer fusion. Hopefully it'll beat Ho-oh boy in wierdness.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Okay, thanks. :)

And I used the Pearl type thing on Palkia's shoulder plates from yours--I probably would've used the whole thing, only it didn't occur to me until I got to that stage because yours is really a LOT better. I think I'm going to change the colors now, too, since I'm feeling a little less lazy now.

Mine vs. Original

VS

GIRATINA IS NOT BLUE
GREAT job. Giratina is supposed to be ghastly and ancient, not bright and blue. Thank you so much. You're doing an awesome job with these. I know you already said this, but...can I use this for every Giratina edit in the future? I never noticed these differences until you revamped them, but by GOD the originals look awful once you point it out, while yours look awesome. (If you're going to have the controllers of space, time, and a mirror dimension capturable, at least don't make them look like giant toys.)

I will never hold any understanding of why the controller of all space is pink.

Good job with the fusions guys and I got a request that will probably look wierd.

Sceptile + Flint (or whatever the name of the Elite Four fire type trainer is)

Yes, another pokemon plus trainer fusion. Hopefully it'll beat Ho-oh boy in wierdness.
I'll call this.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, first of all, I updated Palkamence with better colors.

Second of all, mzinkk9, I finished Miltank/Dragonite.

Thirdly, Majora, I finished Swalot/Dusclops/Lombre.

And finally, Darkslash, I finished Tyranitar/Palkia.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wow, awesome. XD

Okay I got a new request. Since I like the grass starters...

Venusaur, Meganium, Sceptile, and Torterra fusion. I know there was a fusion of the first three, so I suppose that fusion could just be fused with Torterra.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, awesome. XD

Okay I got a new request. Since I like the grass starters...

Venusaur, Meganium, Sceptile, and Torterra fusion. I know there was a fusion of the first three, so I suppose that fusion could just be fused with Torterra.
I'll take this. I don't think I'll just fuse the first one with Torterra, though--that was my ABSOLUTE FIRST fusion, so...yeah, I'm sure it can be improved a lot.

Ahh! Phantom Bellum!

I'll get to recoloring Dialga soon, along with anyone else who direly needs recoloring.
Haha, it does sort of look like him, doesn't it?

I can't wait to see Dialga recolored.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Alright, I finished the Dialga revamp.

Mine vs. Vanilla

VS

And here's the artwork:

XACE-K

Smash Master
Okay, first of all, I updated Palkamence with better colors.

Second of all, mzinkk9, I finished Miltank/Dragonite.

And finally, Darkslash, I finished Tyranitar/Palkia.
Another good job.

Alright, I finished the Dialga revamp.

Mine vs. Vanilla

VS

And here's the artwork:

Yours is A LOT better IMO.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Your welcome.

I thought it was time for a change for my avatar. Arakad reminded me of Mewtwo in the robot suit from the anime which I find awesome and Mewtwo is my 2nd favorite pokemon ever so I chose him.

Is it okay if I can use it?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey Spire III, how far are you on my requests?
****. I lost that message ages ago before I got the chance to add it to the "to-do list". So sorry about that. Look, um... just post the requests here and one of us will get to them. I'm really sorry about the mix up.

Is it okay if I can use it?
Of course! I will allow anyone to use my sprites for whatever reasons. A little credit wouldn't hurt if someone asks, or if you post it somewhere public. I should probably put that in my OP - not that 95% of the people who visit here would read it anyway, but you never know.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Of course! I will allow anyone to use my sprites for whatever reasons. A little credit wouldn't hurt if someone asks, or if you post it somewhere public. I should probably put that in my OP - not that 95% of the people who visit here would read it anyway, but you never know.
People rarely look at the OP so don't even bother.

Also is it me or do most people use Firus's pokemon as avatars?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I never read the OP, I always scan the thread from the page of my last post. Also, good work SPire.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ohh god my request are LOL I almost chocked on my food when i saw them. Though i won't put them as my Avatar. I like my Giovanni facepalm alot XD. And your pokemon put Giovanni to shame XD

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
People rarely look at the OP so don't even bother.

Also is it me or do most people use Firus's pokemon as avatars?
Yeah, a lot of people do--but it stands to reason. A lot of people limit themselves only to the Pokemon they have requested, and...well, look at the massive lump of edits that I have. That's probably the reason in all but a few cases.

Also, mzinkk9, glad you like Dracownite.

By the way, Spire, revamped Dialga is awesome. I'll use that for all future fusions as well.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Yeah, a lot of people do--but it stands to reason. A lot of people limit themselves only to the Pokemon they have requested, and...well, look at the massive lump of edits that I have. That's probably the reason in all but a few cases.

Also, mzinkk9, glad you like Dracownite.

By the way, Spire, revamped Dialga is awesome. I'll use that for all future fusions as well.
Good point. That's why I had Mewtrai at first but I changed to Arakad now with Spire's permission.

majora_787

Smash Hero
OMG Spire RLY???? Who did it. O:

XD Sorry I had to.

Anywai, after seeing your work I can't wait for the Cacurne evolution.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YAY im back from a horrible roadtrip.
You guys have done some nice fusions:)
Hey can I have a Doduo/Cloyster and Charizard with Luvdisc wings
Keep up the awesome jobs.:bee:

Top Bottom