• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...Okay, seriously. How hard is it to decipher what IS a blog and what ISN'T? I would think one would realize that a thread asking what your favorite Zelda music would NOT go as a blog, unless they're writing about all of their favorite songs and it turns into "My favorite song is ____". He did one with Mario music too. And then this guy made a thread asking which character he should main, which isn't allowed in the GBD for a reason.

At least post count is disabled...but meh. It's quite stupid.

Wrath`

Smash Master
@firus, that music rip is quite interesting, I wonder if thre is any of that in the 3rd gen Kanto games or rvrn D/P/Pt?

It's a preety cool tune too.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
First of all, the Pokemon are there in Platinum. Not their music.
Second of all, I didn't say it definitely meant anything, I'm just saying it is a theory you could derive. Just as it's not definitive that Johto was going to be in third gen, it's not definitive that it means that just the Pokemon were supposed to be there.

Third of all, they didn't include a LOT of other Pokemon in there. Why would they randomly include only one other trio?

Personally

Diamond and Pearl=Fail
Platinum=Win

I enjoy Platinum way more than the other 2. It doesn't feel like a rush job.
Platinum may be much better than D/P, but I don't see how it's that much better. I intend to get it, but I'm not reserving it or anything. I don't really care to get a figurine (as much as I love my rather large collection of Pokemon action figures/BK toys), since it's not a Pokemon I'm particularly fond of anyways. I'm better off investing my money in some good retro games, like Super Mario RPG which I still need to get, or Pokemon Green, or Super Mario World, than Platinum at the moment, although no doubt it won't drop in price very quickly unless I find it used -- which would be cool, because used = free Pokemon. :D

XACE-K

Smash Master
no its not that bad, but if you insist...... 2>4>>1>3. *hides*
*eye twitches*

You're kidding me right? I should ... *holds back flames*

D@mmit!, why did I do that.

Edit: It's not bad but it just goes against what I like. To me it's 1>>>3=2>>>>>>>>>>>>>4 but everybody has different opinions.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Platinum may be much better than D/P, but I don't see how it's that much better. I intend to get it, but I'm not reserving it or anything. I don't really care to get a figurine (as much as I love my rather large collection of Pokemon action figures/BK toys), since it's not a Pokemon I'm particularly fond of anyways. I'm better off investing my money in some good retro games, like Super Mario RPG which I still need to get, or Pokemon Green, or Super Mario World, than Platinum at the moment, although no doubt it won't drop in price very quickly unless I find it used -- which would be cool, because used = free Pokemon. :D
To be honest the Garitina figure isn't in high quality and if I was going to get a Giratina figure I would get the Bandai one.

Ohh yea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPLUJ-gk07I

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
for me its how fun a game is to me. the qaulity andor graphcs generally dont matter to me as much. thats why i dont see the 4th gen as utter trash as everyone else seems to think. oh and regardless of me putting 3rd gen as my 4th, emerald is the best of them all so far imo.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
no its not that bad, but if you insist...... 2>4>>1>3. *hides*
this. i loved GSC and like DP but the addition of sooooo many pokes make it kind of overwhelming. the original is still bad *** (<3 catching glitches). RSE was.... well it was kinda boring. the graphics weren't really top notch and the took out the day/night cycle of GSC.... which was just stupid..... and you KNOW it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
this. i loved GSC and like DP but the addition of sooooo many pokes make it kind of overwhelming. the original is still bad *** (<3 catching glitches). RSE was.... well it was kinda boring. the graphics weren't really top notch and the took out the day/night cycle of GSC.... which was just stupid..... and you KNOW it.
RSE was boring because it didn't have "top notch" graphics (I actually think it has fairly good graphics; to this date, it has my favorite grass in a Pokemon game) and took out the day/night cycle...? That makes sense.

It didn't make sense for them to take out the day/night cycle. However, it's not really a huge "OMG THIS MADE THE GAME" thing. It's an awesome feature and adds something cool, but in all honesty, I think it's better that RSE didn't include day/night. I think RSE is a fresh start; it basically took the basic idea behind Pokemon, tore away the rest of it, and just started over with a new slate. It's that feel about it that really appeals to me...I don't really know how to describe it, it just feels fresh.

I should dig up that draft of a webpage I made up before RSE immediately after I heard about it (if I even still have it), just for nostalgia's sake. I swear, Ruby and Sapphire were practically the only games I've ever hyped and anticipated like that that I was not disappointed with. It's kind of funny, really.

Mirror's Edge sorta counts, but I was disappointed with it initially.

XACE-K

Smash Master
for me its how fun a game is to me. the qaulity andor graphcs generally dont matter to me as much. thats why i dont see the 4th gen as utter trash as everyone else seems to think. oh and regardless of me putting 3rd gen as my 4th, emerald is the best of them all so far imo.
Well my favorite gens mostly revolve around the pokemon in them. 1st gen had was the most original in pokemon and it has the ones I like the most (Charizard, Mewtwo, Gyarados, the list goes on).

2nd and 3rd gen weren't as original as 1st but had some good pokemon too (Donphan, Tyranitar, Salamence, Groudon and some others)

4th gen...pretty self-explanatory. It only had a few I liked. (Darkrai, Giratina and ...idk 12 others?)

When it comes to liking games, Pokemon is pretty strange for me. All games, I base it on how much I like it with all features of it. Pokemon on the other hand, it's just one aspect and that's it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
2nd Gen>1st Gen=3rd Gen>4th Gen

It used to be...

2nd Gen>1st Gen>>3rd Gen>>>>>>4th Gen

BUT

4th gen isn't that bad IMO
It just lacks the nostalgia factor that the other games have so people hate it more then they should.

Emerald though is definitely tied for my favourite game. It was amazing with the new look. Seriously, go turn on emerald and then look at a city like, I dunno, Rustburo and then turn on R/S and do the same thing and you'll notice that the design is a lot better.
Not to mention there was a bunch of other awesome things.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
2nd Gen>1st Gen=3rd Gen>4th Gen

It used to be...

2nd Gen>1st Gen>>3rd Gen>>>>>>4th Gen

BUT

4th gen isn't that bad IMO
It just lacks the nostalgia factor that the other games have so people hate it more then they should.
This is not true. Nostalgia MIGHT affect how much I like the original games. However, it doesn't make me dislike later games. 4th gen Pokemon is like Brawl. Adds more content to what's already there, adds more extra content that wasn't already there. Fixes a few things. Botches other things. Some of the content is crappy and should never have been put in.

If you personally like it, that's fine. Just don't say that our opinions are altered by nostalgia.

A_man13

Smash Master
Long story short, I got hooked with great force on the competetive scene. Tack on the weekends playing that game for hours to train pokes and more battling and the fact that they don't like the game in the first place and you have your answer.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I remember him saying something about how his parents thought he was "addicted".

EDIT:beat to it :p

I can't wait till movie number 12. I'm not really hyping it or anything but the past 2 movies were actually good so I hope the end the trilogy in a good way :p

Firus=Name some things that were added that should never have been added. It took away the whole "multiple environments" but that would be like going through a rerun of the 3rd gen with more pokes. Sure they could have fixed some things and the fact that the game was pretty linear made it a bit boring but it contains a huge improvement in depth and balances out a lot of things. It's not perfect, that's why it's my least favourite so far, but it was still fun.

Also, nostalgia plays a pretty big part in peoples opinions. It might not have played a factor in which game you thought was the best but it does in a lot of people. Old things make a lot of people think back to how much they enjoyed it. D/P hasn't reached that point and may never for you but I know that when I look back when I'm older I'll definitely remember how much a change D/P/P brought to the usual while keeping it relatively close to the past 3 gens.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Also, nostalgia plays a pretty big part in peoples opinions. It might not have played a factor in which game you thought was the best but it does in a lot of people. Old things make a lot of people think back to how much they enjoyed it. D/P hasn't reached that point and may never for you but I know that when I look back when I'm older I'll definitely remember how much a change D/P/P brought to the usual while keeping it relatively close to the past 3 gens.

When Nostalgia hits me, I slap my self...it clouds my judgment.

A_man13

Smash Master
Eh, I only played DP so that is my only source of judgement.

The other reason they didn't like it was the fact that they expected it to take a week to beat. From then until they banned it...6 months.

Crud my shoddy is glitching big time...

A_man13

Smash Master
Yes, SHODDY IS FIXED! *insert haleluja chorus here*

Anyone want to fight? I've got to warm up my latest version of my team that does not carry the leathal weakness that former evolutions had.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
How the chocolate bunnies eating FUDGE brownies do you not know what shoddy is?

jk, it's just a pokemon simulator, very simple, you make your team, and battle thousands of people and so on. Just like pokemon but without the story, just the battling, i would look more into it if my description wasn't good:)

A_man13

Smash Master
How the chocolate bunnies eating FUDGE brownies do you not know what shoddy is?

jk, it's just a pokemon simulator, very simple, you make your team, and battle thousands of people and so on. Just like pokemon but without the story, just the battling, i would look more into it if my description wasn't good:)
Let's hope that your location applies to our battle then :chuckle:

Man I wish there were better water types in sinnoh. I really don't like empoleon and I was crazy to find a non-uber 4th gen water type. I was even thinking floatzel for a time...

Wrath`

Smash Master
I just remembered something funny, my school anime club had a small 12 person D/P single elimination tourney, the funny part was when I put up the Uber pokemon list, 8 of them left because there whole team was ubers................poke'n00bs..........

2nd>1st>4th>3rd

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
What is it that makes Uber users instant Poken00bs, huh? If you know that the majority of the people you have to fight only use Ubers, don't make them use your 'Standard rules,' just use Ubers. There is such a thing as the Uber metagame, you know. Learn it. It's more diverse than OU play.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
What is it that makes Uber users instant Poken00bs, huh? If you know that the majority of the people you have to fight only use Ubers, don't make them use your 'Standard rules,' just use Ubers. There is such a thing as the Uber metagame, you know. Learn it. It's more diverse than OU play.
Good post, but Standard rules means no ubers. It's not more diverse than the OU metagame. That sentence redefined "hyperbole" :laugh:

Top Bottom