• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh yeah, why does this shop not allow requests involving unknown or Cresslia? I can't figure that out. Obviously there many unknown sprites and the customer would have to be specific, but why Cresselia?
Zook is right about Unown. However, he is NOT right about Cresselia. I did ban it because it was hard to fuse with, but also because neither Spire nor I actually like the stupid thing.

Cress and Unown both have really, really ******** reasons why they're banned.
You can bear that opinion all you want, but they're both good reasons.

Firus once made a terrible Cresselia/Milotic fusion. In sheer humiliation and shame, he declared Cresselia unfusable and banned it. I'd love for someone to prove him wrong, HINT HINT.
As I said, this was because it was hard to fuse with, NOT because the fusion turned out crappy. I didn't just declare it that way, Spire agreed with me that it seemed unfuseable. I don't really appreciate the insinutation that I simply suck, either.

The spriters (Spire and Firus, mainly, I think) decided that fusing Unowns "[went] against their purpose," or something stupid like that. Firus once made me a Bayleef/Unown '!' fusion, which turned out very good.
Yes, it did, but I think Spire had a good point and I'm sticking with him on this one. The rules aren't changing.

I will test both of thesse and prove that these pokemon are worthy of the CPS! I'll start tomorrow :)
You don't need to test Unown, it's not its fuseable-ness that got it banned. It's the concept.

Also, you can test Cresselia all you want but I am NOT changing the rules. Sorry, but I found it to be annoying to fuse and don't like it anyways. But go and prove I'm a ****ty spriter if you really want, I know it's true anyways.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I have to agree with Firus on the concept that Cresselia is stupid. As for incoperating it into fusions, I suck to much to make a fusion with it. But idc because Darkrai is un-banned. I just need to wait for the shop to re-open so I make a request with his somewhat badass Platinum sprite.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Unown are banned for the reasons listed - and they are good ones.

Cresselia was banned because she's the stupidest ****ing Pokemon ever. Period.

Come on, we have 491 more Pokemon to deal with, including many others that we may not be fond of. Just deal with it.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Also, you can test Cresselia all you want but I am NOT changing the rules. Sorry, but I found it to be annoying to fuse and don't like it anyways. But go and prove I'm a ****ty spriter if you really want, I know it's true anyways.
Uh, don't go emo on my, Firus. You and I both know you're great. And I can post my grievances if I want to.

I forget them. Could someone post a link?

If the reason WAS that it went against their purpose of representing the alphabet, then no, it is not a good reason. The Regis were made to represent the might of the earth (or something along those lines), why aren't they banned? Arceus is supposed to represent God, why isn't Arceus banned?

If there was a different reason, I'm sure I'll find a way to argue against it.

Skymin would like to have a word with you. Even then, why not make Cresseia cooler by fusing it?

I can understand why you guys would't want to fuse some Pokemon, but I'd like to change your minds.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm not going emo, I seriously don't think I'm a good spriter a lot of the time. At least in comparison.

Unown are supposed to represent letters and symbols. They're not very much creatures. That's why they're not meant to be fused with other Pokemon.

I refuse to use Skymin, but other people actually like it. So that's why Skymin doesn't count.

I know you'd like to change our minds, but I don't think you will.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also, 500 pages!!!

Awesome.

Apparently, it's also my 3,300th post.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Zook is right about Unown. However, he is NOT right about Cresselia. I did ban it because it was hard to fuse with, but also because neither Spire nor I actually like the stupid thing.

As I said, this was because it was hard to fuse with, NOT because the fusion turned out crappy. I didn't just declare it that way, Spire agreed with me that it seemed unfuseable. I don't really appreciate the insinutation that I simply suck, either.

Yes, it did, but I think Spire had a good point and I'm sticking with him on this one. The rules aren't changing.

You don't need to test Unown, it's not its fuseable-ness that got it banned. It's the concept.

Whoa, back up. First of all, I was curious. I'm probably never going to request from this shop (escept for my first one). I just wanted to know why, and really don't want to prove you wrong.

Secondly, you're not a bad spriter. You're one of the best here (although Mewter kicks all our ***** in scratching :laugh:) Cheer up man, this is a hobby that is done for fun. Why be so miserable about it?

I have to agree with Firus on the concept that Cresselia is stupid. As for incoperating it into fusions, I suck to much to make a fusion with it. But idc because Darkrai is un-banned. I just need to wait for the shop to re-open so I make a request with his somewhat badass Platinum sprite.

Come on, we have 491 more Pokemon to deal with, including many others that we may not be fond of. Just deal with it.
Okay, why does everybody hate Cresselia? Seriously, she looks awesome, and as a spriter that's all I really care about.

The only pokemon I hate is Bronzong because that thing is really hard to knock out. It takes forever and a half!

Yay! 500 pages of awesomeness!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, Zook. We've stuck to this rule for months, and don't give me any, "to defy the laws of tradition," crap, because frankly, it's just spriting, and those are Pokemon we simply don't want to meddle with. There are a ton of Pokemon that I dislike, yet I've completed fusions including them because they are allowed. Unown and Cresselia aren't.

We unbanned Lucario and Darkrai. Unown are letters. It's like taking a Zebra and making it into a "Z" shape. We don't want to do that because it's not enjoyable. If you so desire to make a fusion sprite with Unown or Cresselia, then do it yourself. We just don't want to.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
yay for 500 pages...... and sly little firus taking it. not as awesome as a guy who posted like 4 times in a row to get the big page number.
I did that :D

..or was it three?

I call 1000 BTW

EDIT:

Also, Unown fusions are a lot of fun to make. Cresselia I'm not sure since I've never used it.
I'm not going to take a side on this debate because, frankly, it's been discussed over 9000 times.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Yeah, Zook. We've stuck to this rule for months, and don't give me any, "to defy the laws of tradition," crap, because frankly, it's just spriting, and those are Pokemon we simply don't want to meddle with. There are a ton of Pokemon that I dislike, yet I've completed fusions including them because they are allowed. Unown and Cresselia aren't.

We unbanned Lucario and Darkrai. Unown are letters. It's like taking a Zebra and making it into a "Z" shape. We don't want to do that because it's not enjoyable. If you so desire to make a fusion sprite with Unown or Cresselia, then do it yourself. We just don't want to.
:(

I did that :D

..or was it three?

I call 1000 BTW

-:bowser:Bowser King
^ This post wasn't red when I quoted it.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Okay, why does everybody hate Cresselia? Seriously, she looks awesome, and as a spriter that's all I really care about.
It just looks useless IMO. And dumb. Those are the 2 biggest factors in determining what Pokemon I hate.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
please let this be on the 500th page

YES!!!!

xace (above post) word....

at least skyler won't get to post on this cool page:p

orygon is amazing, so...NO

Darkslash

Smash Master
Cresselia...Cresselia.....Cres-SE-lia.......nice???

Choo-choo here comes the rage train.

CRESSELIA !?!?!? FOR ALL I CARE SHE'S A FLYING FAIL OF A CROISSANT TRYING TO BE A JELLY DOUGHNUT. ITS SERIOUSLY HORRIBLE. PLUS HOW TO OBTAIN IT IS EQUALLY HORRIBLE. I MEAN YOUR GOING TO CHASE FOR THAT FLYING JELLY CROISSANT AND IT TOTALLY SUCKS. ITS A **** WASTE OF A MASTER BALL OR ANY POKEBALL FOR THAT MATTER. I BET FIRUS' SHAYMIN CAN BEAT THAT POOR EXCUSE FOR A POKEMON! GAH!

Well sorry I just had to get that off my chest...I haven't looked up or seen an image of Cressilia until today, and all that rage just came out....sorry :<

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

CRESSELIA !?!?!? FOR ALL I CARE SHE'S A FLYING FAIL OF A CROISSANT TRYING TO BE A JELLY DOUGHNUT. ITS SERIOUSLY HORRIBLE. PLUS HOW TO OBTAIN IT IS EQUALLY HORRIBLE. I MEAN YOUR GOING TO CHASE FOR THAT FLYING JELLY CROISSANT AND IT TOTALLY SUCKS. ITS A **** WASTE OF A MASTER BALL OR ANY POKEBALL FOR THAT MATTER. I BET FIRUS' SHAYMIN CAN BEAT THAT POOR EXCUSE FOR A POKEMON! GAH!

Well sorry I just had to get that off my chest...I haven't looked up or seen an image of Cressilia until today, and all that rage just came out....sorry :<
Somone needs to make a macro pic of this hilarious post.

AND I JUST STOLE SKYLER'S CHANCE OF STARTING PAGE 501!

edit:

"I DID IT!"

A_man13

Smash Master
Ugh...I sometimes worry about the mental health of my brother. He waltzed in my room, stole my comp as I was posting, exited out of everything I was doing and was looking and WWII gun replicas. It's either war or football for that boy and it frankly disturbs me...

Anyways, congrats on the big 500. Sorry it was late; I love posting here but my brother's tommie gun obsesion don't.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys...MK wanted me to tell everyone something.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I do NOT deny working with Cresselia with my fusions. I respect Firus/Spire's personall vendetta against the hideous creature, but I've worked with alot more crazy **** to be bothered by a simple Pokemon such as Cressy. In other words, yes, go ahead and request with Cressy and I will happily complete your request.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ugh...I sometimes worry about the mental health of my brother. He waltzed in my room, stole my comp as I was posting, exited out of everything I was doing and was looking and WWII gun replicas. It's either war or football for that boy and it frankly disturbs me...
Ehh its a boy stage, my friend is going through that stage except replace football with cars. They'll grow out of it..hopefully, and thats where you start worrying about their mental heath.

P.S. My right pinky is more stiffer than my left. Is that normal?

Mewter

Smash Master
I already refused to answer any Cresselia requests because of the feeling of uninspirationalism it gives me. Have you seen my Cresselia/Lapras sprite yet? Of course not, I just couldn't figure out any easy way to do it.
Since a majority of the shop members voted it out, it went out.
However, I'll do any as long as it is a cool Cresselia fusion..../end oxymoron
Combee....:dizzy:
I thought Vespiqueen looked cool, but I just didn't train one because I didn't like combee....:laugh:
You're doing it wrong! Just calm down....
I know what you mean. Its "pureugly" on wheels..or should I saw paws.
Fixed.:chuckle:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Ever seen Jigglypuff?

*waits for Skyler explosion*

Anyways' let's move onto something else. I want Purugly banned for the hell of it.
you should see anthony (aka fallenangemon) he seems to be a jigglyfreak

Anyways, congrats on the big 500. Sorry it was late; I love posting here but my brother's tommie gun obsesion don't.
no...that sucks for you that he stole it, but he deserves I giant NCIS smack in the head for liking football:mad:....GOD I HATE THAT 'SPORT'

as for cressilia, slash's description is perfect.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Whoa, back up. First of all, I was curious. I'm probably never going to request from this shop (escept for my first one). I just wanted to know why, and really don't want to prove you wrong.

Secondly, you're not a bad spriter. You're one of the best here (although Mewter kicks all our ***** in scratching :laugh:) Cheer up man, this is a hobby that is done for fun. Why be so miserable about it?
Everyone always SAYS that I'm a good spriter but I look through all of my sprites and none of them stand out to me as being good. I see criticism of sprites that I think look fine and look like a lot like the things I do. Not to mention I can't scratch at all.

Spriting is supposed to be enjoyable, but I still can't help but constantly feel inferior.

I know I probably sound emo, pessimistic, and that's probably annoying but this isn't just a random feeling.

In what world does Cresselia look like any more than a bunch of scrap metal painted weird colors and thrown onto an obese snake, which was also painted?

I BET FIRUS' SHAYMIN CAN BEAT THAT POOR EXCUSE FOR A POKEMON! GAH!
Yes, it can. Not just because Cresselia sucks, but also because my Shaymin beats all, even Arceus. In the Pearl version I completed entirely with Shaymin, I beat all of the legendaries I felt like tracking down. And apparently, Arceus comes back if you kill him, leave Spear Pillar, and come back.

Hey guys...MK wanted me to tell everyone something.
Okay, no offense to MK, but this isn't a rule for just those of us who don't want Cresselia. This is a rule for the shop. If MK wants to deal with Cresselia requests outside of the shop, that's fine. But those are the rules of the shop.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yes, it can. Not just because Cresselia sucks, but also because my Shaymin beats all, even Arceus. In the Pearl version I completed entirely with Shaymin, I beat all of the legendaries I felt like tracking down. And apparently, Arceus comes back if you kill him, leave Spear Pillar, and come back.

Lol new sig quote? And I bet a Crunch from my Torterra can mess up that pokemon real bad. But Palmer's is just the opposite of wild.

EDIT: 502 is mine! Muwhahaha

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
P.S. My right pinky is more stiffer than my left. Is that normal?
Uh, sure. That's something that developed due to your environment, not genetics.

Okay, people, it's a pokemon sprite. It is 80X80, purple, pink, and yellow and flies around. Why do you hate it? I can understand indifference but come on. Your holding a grudge against a pastery.

Ever seen Jigglypuff?

*waits for Skyler explosion*

Anyways' let's move onto something else. I want Purugly banned for the hell of it.
I know what you mean. Its pure ugly on wheels..or should I saw paws.
You did NOT just mess with purugly. It is MY pokemon. I am a cat person and you do not mess with any cat based pokemon.

If you are confused as to what that entails, read on:
-Meowth
-Persian
-Skitty
-Delcatty
-Glameow
-Purugly
-Shinx
-Luxio
-Luxray
(Thanks Darkslash and A_Man)
Everyone always SAYS that I'm a good spriter but I look through all of my sprites and none of them stand out to me as being good. I see criticism of sprites that I think look fine and look like a lot like the things I do. Not to mention I can't scratch at all.

Spriting is supposed to be enjoyable, but I still can't help but constantly feel inferior.

I know I probably sound emo, pessimistic, and that's probably annoying but this isn't just a random feeling.
Nay, I say you have a fair share of sprites that hold the well deserved title of awesome. I'll be right back.

Got some:

Okay, this one isn't hard, but it's really cool.

Now THAT'S a devamp

See?

Darkslash

Smash Master
You did NOT just mess with purugly. It is MY pokemon. I am a cat person and you do not mess with any cat based pokemon.

If you are confused as to what that entails, read on:
-Meowth
-Persian
-Glameow
-Purugly
For the record I have a black Cat, who runs and ambushes people...And your missing Luxray but then again they're more lion than Domestic House cat.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

This is Shaymin. Shaymin is both good and awesome.

This is Skymin/Sky-form Shaymin, or as I always call it, Failed Potato. Failed Potato is failed, stupid, bad, and should be burned.

Top Bottom