• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I now have a hatred of Vespiquen. It was bad up to the point when I decided to just mock vespiquen's form with a Kanga head.
Whaaaat?

Honestly, Vespiquen was one of my favorite Pokemon this generation. The idea behind it is genious. A flying bee nest? That's hard core. If it wasn't for her poor typing and movepool, I'd use her.

A_man13

Smash Master
I mean her sprite. It is atrocious to work with...

Somehow I think this wasn't worth the 2 and 1/2 hours...

Mewter

Smash Master
I mean her sprite. It is atrocious to work with...

Somehow I think this wasn't worth the 2 and 1/2 hours...
Looks very simple. Nice, too, at the same time....
Try to add some more details.
And no. 2 and 1/2 hours is probably a little too much for a tiny mocking of vespiquen.:laugh:
Wait... What?
Page 505.... I came too l-

A_man13

Smash Master
Looks very simple. Nice, too, at the same time....
Try to add some more details.
And no. 2 and 1/2 hours is probably a little too much for a tiny mocking of vespiquen.:laugh:
Wait... What?
Page 505.... I came too l-
I might go back and add a stripe on the abdomen or maybe even a combee pouch, but I need to give PS a break. The reason it took so long was to figure out I just need the head. Even with tiny bits of the body it looked out of place.

A_man13

Smash Master
Na, once I realized the only thing I could do was Copy paste the head and improvise from there it took about an hour which is normal. I've taken longer for sprites, anyways.

This took long (around 3 hours if I remember correctly).

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Na, once I realized the only thing I could do was Copy paste the head and improvise from there it took about an hour which is normal. I've taken longer for sprites, anyways.

This took long (around 3 hours if I remember correctly).
Explain your process of making this sprite, because it should NOT have taken you three hours.

MK's thoughts:
Aman, that sprite definetly should not have taken you 3 hours to do. It looks like you didn't even recolor the shell so....3 hours of doing WHAT exactly? The head? I seriously hope not. Maybe you should evaluate your spriting process and cut out anything that might be excessive.

A_man13

Smash Master
Na, likely less. Mostly since I was panicy about scratching quite a bit of the sprite I might have exagerated a lot. It was likely an hour and 1/2 (who knew scrathing about 10 pixils vertically would take that long).

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Really? That's about average leaning twards long for me.
Um, yeah...that's pretty long. I probably should spend longer on my sprites than I do, but they don't take me NEARLY that long. The only one that did was Fraciurus, and that's because it is 100% custom and was my first (and is still my only) 100% custom sprite. Though that took more towards 2, 2 1/2 hours.

Anyways, I forgot to do the song of the week on Tuesday yet again (and yet again, I'm rather positive no one cares except for me, but I don't care). I think I'm just going to make it any time throughout the week from now on.

Pursuit ~ Caught (Hard Rock Remix) by Noriyuki Iwadare.

Also, I found a song I may want to use for the video because it's so darn catchy. Either this remix or the original.

...You now have that song stuck in your head. Congratulations.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I still need to pick a song, I have 2 right now.
A_man, why didn't I think to use the platinum vespiqueen? U should try the D/P:p

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'd still say that's a rather long time. Maybe I just don't spend enough time on my sprites, though, which would explain why 90% of them suck.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Mine take 15-20 minutes, the ones that REALLY suck like metagarchomp (metagross/garchomp) and the slaking/ursaring suck, take me 40-60 min. so my epic failures take langer:ohwell: im always weird

A_man13

Smash Master
My PS makes my comp run real slow, so that has some of the lag pulled in. Usually it's getting the details right that takes most of the time.

And I chose Platinum sprite since it's pose better matches Kangashkan's. I like cutting corners sometimes.

I hate myself sometimes. I forgot a spanish project till just about now and am now in print shop mode printing and helping my mom re-order stuff. I can't imagine what stuff like this will be like in college...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dude your sprites are good what are you talking about them being bad.
Meh, everyone seems in a consensus that my sprites are good. I thank you all for that, but I'm telling you I don't really see it. Maybe I'm just too ambitious, but I look at lots of other people's sprites and I'm mediocre at best compared to them.

...But enough of my bawwing. I finished the Charmander/Squirtle Evolution Line, Greenstreet.

From left to right, Chartle, Chartortle, and Charistoise.

Personally, I like Chartortle the best. Also, I didn't tack Charizard's wings onto Charstoise. Not because I was lazy, but wings would look awkward on the back of a curved shell and I wanted it to be more of what it would look like if the two species' bred, rather than just a fusion of the Pokemon. It is an evolution line, after all, so it should be more realistic than some stand-alone fusions, in my opinion.

I also finished this for teh lulz.

von Godot!

A_man13

Smash Master
Here is firus complaining when he made some excelent sprites. I love them all, but I have a soft spot for Chartoise as you do. The flame cannons were a great idea and really add to the flare (Litteraly). If you really want to go the extra mile you'd make the cannons more like flamethrowers, but it's anything but needed.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That's the first time I see a chartle used in that position:)
I like chartoise allot:bee:
Yeah, I knew everyone had already done Squirtle/Charmander a million times in the same position so I had to make it different, even if only slightly.

Thank you.

Here is firus complaining when he made some excelent sprites. I love them all, but I have a soft spot for Chartoise as you do. The flame cannons were a great idea and really add to the flare (Litteraly). If you really want to go the extra mile you'd make the cannons more like flamethrowers, but it's anything but needed.
Heh, thanks.

EDIT: This is quite idiotic. Apparently, the Mirror's Edge DLC -- originally slated for January 13th, then moved to January 29th -- is now delayed yet again. This is like Brawl Jr.

EDIT2: Yay, win. I just beat Phoenix Wright. And Rise From the Ashes still completely baffled me until the last ten minutes.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
EDIT2: Yay, win. I just beat Phoenix Wright. And Rise From the Ashes still completely baffled me until the last ten minutes.
Congrats :)

Justice for all doesn't have the stuff that was in Rise from the ashes (because "ashes" was a bonus lvl for the DS and the rest are all just remakes). Though, it has a lot of cool stuff, like psyche-locks, and the story is really good. It leaves a lot of lose ends (especially the end of part 2) and part 3's ending leads on quite well into 4.

The 4th chapter though, would definitely have to be my favourite. The story is good and when you find out some "secrets", it gets pretty shocking.

Apollo Justice, although there's no Phoenix (he becomes a poker player in a club in the 1st mission and gets accused of murder) the game is built for the DS unlike the past 3. So there's a lot of cool new stuff happening (like is wrist band of doom :p). The story also shows what's changed in the 7 years. So if your nervous about it, there isn't much to worry about. It's still a really good game :)

-:bowser:Bowser King

Darkslash

Smash Master
EDIT: This is quite idiotic. Apparently, the Mirror's Edge DLC -- originally slated for January 13th, then moved to January 29th -- is now delayed yet again. This is like Brawl Jr.
Yeah I heard it ran off a building, but didn't make it to a ledge in time so it hit the wall, slid down, and landed in a muddy puddle, in a seeming white and red city, while the Dev's looked over it and cried for 10 minutes. That was some bizarre testing they did.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Y

Cool, ugg I loved and hated that case, it was the most realistic case, but it took me two hours to even get to day one court case cause i wasn't giving the right people the right things.................and then when gant first got on the stand the whole you can ask one thing threw me for a loop, but i madfe it threw, well on too two for you.

A_man13

Smash Master
I love that quote in your sig, Koarin.

I seriosly neeed to pick up a Phionix Wright game. They look so fun and actually a tough game on the DS. Though since the sad loss of diamond, the only game I ever plan on getting for it now is the new Mario and Luigi game (Since that is likely one of the better spin offs and games of the franchise. I love every one of them).

Anyways, anyone want X from me?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Just read the script, don't buy the game. The gameplay in those games gimp themselves worse than a Meta-Knight gimps Captain Falcon.

A_man13

Smash Master
Can't just yet. My computer is in the middle of a rousing game of Virus Sweeper and I want to delete the falty program before I even think of opening up PS.

Mewter

Smash Master
Wait a minute.
Don't do it. Closed to new requests, remember? Try to get some old ones done before taking new ones. The CPS doesn't need to follow in the footsteps of America.
(Economic Depression)

A_man13

Smash Master
I might take it for the LOLs, though I might take the ones on the waiting list first. I saw some fun ones on the list that I might try.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Writing in PH: Amazing
Actual courtroom gameplay: Absolutely terrible
I disagree.

It feels awesome presenting the right piece of evidence. Hearing the characters yell objection back and forth can get pretty tense. Not only that, but the character development is amazing.
Fransiska Von Karma
is a good example of that. Each character also has his own quirky thing. Whether it's Phoenix's face when you show something wrong or Edgeworth's face when you prove a major poiint wrong. Not to mention when youe about to prove the criminal a murderer and his/her weird reactions.

The gameplay is also pretty good. I've only had 1-2 times where a certain evidence COULD have worked but didn't (Though in both cases, the actual evidence had shown the point I was trying to prove a lot better).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Congrats :)

Justice for all doesn't have the stuff that was in Rise from the ashes (because "ashes" was a bonus lvl for the DS and the rest are all just remakes). Though, it has a lot of cool stuff, like psyche-locks, and the story is really good. It leaves a lot of lose ends (especially the end of part 2) and part 3's ending leads on quite well into 4.
Thanks. And yeah, I knew JfA didn't have the touch-screen stuff because I did a lot of reading up on the Phoenix Wright games. Unfortunately, some of that reading-up-on led me to accidentally spoil the end of the last trial in T&T...not necessarily the entire thing but that
Godot is Diego Armando and that Godot committed A crime, though I'm not sure what. Close enough that I really regret it

...But yeah, I knew that. So far the game has been a little confusing. I beat the first trial and started the second, and the continuity has confused me from first to second trial.

The 4th chapter though, would definitely have to be my favourite. The story is good and when you find out some "secrets", it gets pretty shocking.
Hm, sounds interesting. There are only four cases in JfA, right?

Apollo Justice, although there's no Phoenix (he becomes a poker player in a club in the 1st mission and gets accused of murder) the game is built for the DS unlike the past 3. So there's a lot of cool new stuff happening (like is wrist band of doom :p). The story also shows what's changed in the 7 years. So if your nervous about it, there isn't much to worry about. It's still a really good game :)

Yeah, I vaguely know what happens to Phoenix. I know he somehow loses his badge and I know he's on trial in the first case because I started playing Apollo Justice as a demo on the Nintendo Channel way back when it was still available.

At first I was opposed to Apollo Justice, but now I'm more eager to get it. Especially since Klavier's theme is AMAZING.

Awesome. And are those red/yellow/orange sprites supposed to be on Chartotle?
Yes. It's hard to see on the background, but I recolored his ears a charred color and gave them a touch of fire.

Heh, thank you.

Cool, ugg I loved and hated that case, it was the most realistic case, but it took me two hours to even get to day one court case cause i wasn't giving the right people the right things.................and then when gant first got on the stand the whole you can ask one thing threw me for a loop, but i madfe it threw, well on too two for you.
Yeah, that whole entire case was baffling. Even once I figured out that
Gant
did it, I was SO CONFUSED as to how it was actually done and the motive.

And yup, I've started JfA. I really want to get T&T, but...meh. Also, according to my friends, Perfect Prosecutor (the Edgey game) is coming out in March! Which is half-good, half-bad, because that means it's coming out soon but it also means I either have to hold off on getting PP or get and beat T&T and AJ relatively soon. Oh, and beat JfA.

Just read the script, don't buy the game. The gameplay in those games gimp themselves worse than a Meta-Knight gimps Captain Falcon.
Meh. It's an option to consider if you've played the first game and feel that way, but I highly advise against choosing that path before playing the game.

Also, opinion-wise, I disagree. There are flaws in the gameplay but there's so much fun in uncovering evidence, solving the puzzles, but most of all, objecting and hearing the epic music as the witness spazzes.

Which brings me to my next point, the music in those games are WIN. So far the first's bests the second's in my opinion, but that may change eventually.

I disagree.

It feels awesome presenting the right piece of evidence. Hearing the characters yell objection back and forth can get pretty tense. Not only that, but the character development is amazing.
Fransiska Von Karma
is a good example of that. Each character also has his own quirky thing. Whether it's Phoenix's face when you show something wrong or Edgeworth's face when you prove a major poiint wrong. Not to mention when youe about to prove the criminal a murderer and his/her weird reactions.

The gameplay is also pretty good. I've only had 1-2 times where a certain evidence COULD have worked but didn't (Though in both cases, the actual evidence had shown the point I was trying to prove a lot better).

Also, this. Since BK's more fit for this argument than I am, having played all of the games.

Top Bottom