• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, the Spiritomb/Abomasnow really looks nice, A_Man. I'm sure they weren't easy to fuse, but that doesn't make it bad or not good. If that had been Spiritomb instead of what Spiritomb is -- a circle of gas with a face somehow tied to a rock -- I'd like it a lot more.

So, is anyone else going to pass up watching the Super Bowl to play some video games?

A_man13

Smash Master
Thanks. Another sprite off the request list.

I'm with Firus. Latias just became OU so that means I got a whole new poke to learn how to counter.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Ha, I have found an avatar that surpasses all of yours. Behold, Ancient Mew! Yeah, I was bored.

Anyway, here is my first pixel over:

This was the base:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yay, I'm not the only one. I just bought DKC from my friend on Friday -- I've played the remake for GBC, but not the original -- and I'm anxious to play it and haven't had a chance to yet. I'm also working on a little surprise...

Ha, I have found an avatar that surpasses all of yours. Behols, Ancient Mew! Yeah, I was bored.
Dude, I've got Spire art. Spire art > All. Duh.

Woah. That looks awesome. The only changes I'd make is make the line on the left ear (Sneasel's left, not yours) extend more to the end like in the concept art. I'd also make the colored part of the eye a little bigger and add a pupil. Maybe make the mouth a little bigger, too.

But seriously, that looks really good.

A_man13

Smash Master
And I have a flying water serphent that can produce electrical pulses. Gyravire=Spire art > Ancient mew

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I've got Spire art. Spire art > All. Duh.

Woah. That looks awesome. The only changes I'd make is make the line on the left ear (Sneasel's left, not yours) extend more to the end like in the concept art. I'd also make the colored part of the eye a little bigger and add a pupil. Maybe make the mouth a little bigger, too.

But seriously, that looks really good.
Okay, you've got a point. Anything Spire creates is normally seconded only by Sugimori and Van Gough.

Better?:

And I have a flying water serphent that can produce electrical pulses. Gyravire=Spire art > Ancient mew
:(

Dang, I really have to find a signature splice...

XACE-K

Smash Master
So, is anyone else going to pass up watching the Super Bowl to play some video games?
Hell no! I may love video games but I also love baseball and football. So I'll be playing games for a while but once the Super Bowl comes on, I won't be playing. But I'll be on the computer at times during it (with the game playing in the background though)

D@mn, this is too good. srsly.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Hell no! I may love video games but I also love baseball and football. So I'll be playing games for a while but once the Super Bowl comes on, I won't be playing. But I'll be on the computer at times during it (with the game playing in the background though)

D@mn, this is too good. srsly.
how dare you like football more than video games?! jk
as ive said before I don't like football. But ill be at a youth Symphony rehearsal when it starts:)

that sneasel looks very nice 99:bee:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Meh, I usually watch the Super Bowl, but I've had a pretty craptastic weekend work-wise so far so I want to take a break. I can always play JfA or some other portable game, but I feel like console games at the moment. Football doesn't interest me enough to spend most of the rest of my weekend watching it. I don't even really care about either of the teams.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
So anyone seen the audi commercial and noticed who they used?
youll know what I mean if you have seen it

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just beat DKC2 (not DKC1, I played that for a while and then went to DKC2), yay. And I'm not watching the Super Bowl so I have no clue what the Audi commercial was.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't even watch the comercials. I watch the game and when commercials are on, I either get a drink or go on the computer. So right now, it's 17-7 Steelers at half.
F***ing Cardinals...

A_man13

Smash Master
SNES. They did re-release it on GBA.

I was hoping they would win. Mostly since I want to be on the winning side always.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
remember slash's rant on cressilia looking like a jelly donut ore something like that?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yay steelers:)
Firus, what is DKC2 for the GBcolor?
As A_Man said, SNES. They remade it for GBA as well, and Donkey Kong Land 2 is a loose remake of it for Game Boy.

A_man13

Smash Master
Man today was a bit dull. I really got nothing besides HW done and didn't watch the superbowl all the way through. The comercials weren't as good as I though either (or at least the ones I saw weren't amazing. Best one was an online stock thing. "Learn the rules, Shankapotomas"). The good news is my mom won $200 dollars in a pool.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I was so tired out from the last two days that from about 3 PM on I just lazed on the couch playing DKC1/2 for hours on end, then played a little Melee and tried playing Brawl online with my friends (who live in the same town), and it was a slideshow. God**** Wi-Fi.

Afterwards, I got into a long argument with those two friends about Smash Bros...the main contents of the argument went something like this:

Friend: Tiers are for queers.
Me: Don't be a Brawl noob.
Friend: I'm not, but blah blah blah usual tier complaint blah blah blah
Me: Blah blah blah usual tier complaint counter
Friend: How good a character is depends on the player.
Me: To an extent.
Friend: To completely.
Me: *Links to tier list*
Friend: WTF? This is stupid, *insert character* isn't that good/bad.
Me: *example involving M2K and Ken*...and if you don't know who they are, learn more about competitive Smash.
Friend: No, I don't want to, it's drowned in tiers and distasteful strategies.
Me: Let me guess, wavedashing is a glitch?
Friend: No, it's one of those distasteful strategies.
Me: How is it distasteful?
Friend: It requires no skill you just press buttons in order. (Unfortunately, I didn't notice he said this until he had signed off. I was addressing another remark. :/)
Me: *Something referencing items*
Friend: Nothing's wrong with items.
Me: Don't make me get into this.
Friend: If you're good you can handle items.
Me: Luck shouldn't be present in competition.
Friend: If you're just spamming buttons and kicking your opponent off the edge that's not skill.
Me: That's not what people do, watch competitive Smash games.
Friend: I did once and Dedede did grab + down over and over pushing Wario over the end of the stage.
Me: Watch the real competitive game, Melee, if you want to argue here.
Friend: You're not good if you can't overcome bad luck.
Me: If a Golden Hammer spawns by your opponent while you get a Mr. Saturn, isn't that unfair?
Friend: So? Life's not fair.
*more mindless arguing*
Me: I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore, you're not going to be convinced. Just a few closing points. *closing points*
Friend: The people refusing to argue are usually losing. :D

That basically sums up the entire thing. Some specific points that were actually in the arguments, I paraphrased a bunch of stuff. All I can say is that my friend is a complete and utter scrub. Skyler was going to help me out but my friend had to go as soon as I asked him if Skyler could join the AIM chat. Meh.

My friend wasn't as much of a jerk as he may have come off in my paraphrasing. Like the last statement was paraphrased a bit and taken slightly out of context. He's not really a jerk, just really misinformed. I would post the entire chat but I don't want to be a complete jerk.

And he left me with this beautifully disgusting quote: "Competetive players suck. They always have. The game is meant to be art and they ruin it."

.../anger

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Ha, I have found an avatar that surpasses all of yours. Behold, Ancient Mew! Yeah
ZOMG Ancient Mew is awesome! I remember getting the Ancient Mew Card when me and my friend went to the movies to see Pokemon 2000, unfortunately though I seemed to have misplaced it. :(

I just beat DKC2 (not DKC1, I played that for a while and then went to DKC2), yay. And I'm not watching the Super Bowl so I have no clue what the Audi commercial was.
My friend is obsessed with DKC2 he always speedruns it.

As for your scrubby friend I feel your pain, I have one of my mates that argues the same sort of thing, its futile to argue with them as they are just ignorant of the truth. Seriously if a bob-omb spawns next to me as I do an attack and takes my last stock how can that be fair!

Did anyone watch the Superbowl? I was going for the Cardinals considering they had an Aussie in their team. When they scored those 16 unanswered points I thought they might've had it, but with 30 seconds left the Steelers got a touchdown :( Cardinals were so close.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Firus, your friend looks like one of those people that as you said is misinformed, and what was that take them off the edge and that's all smash is? Oh and no offense to skyler, but if you bring him into an argument with a person who is thinking 'wrong' he can be pretty nasty, and yeah.
Slash, you go do that.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, your friend looks like one of those people that as you said is misinformed, and what was that take them off the edge and that's all smash is? Oh and no offense to skyler, but if you bring him into an argument with a person who is thinking 'wrong' he can be pretty nasty, and yeah.
Slash, you go do that.
The whole "combo and knock the person off the edge" (and don't worry, I corrected him about combos not being in Brawl) was based on D3's chain grab. Apparently he's decided that competitive Smash = chain grabs?

Skyler probably would've been pretty nasty, but at that point in time I was pretty pissed so I would've enjoyed it thoroughly. Thankfully, I saw him today and there don't appear to be any hard feelings. Because as much of a scrub/casualfag he is, I don't want to start a major argument. Although it'd be nice if he'd become informed.

Also, this song came on my iPod on shuffle today and I'm in love with it all over again, so I'm giving the Random Song of the Week now.

Begin Again From the Beginning by The Ataris. If you ever wondered what that line in my sig comes from and didn't already know, here it is. I love the deep lyrics and the comforting sound of this song...no matter what, I feel better when I listen to it.

Also, I've added "[/rant]" to my sig and put all of my quotes in a blog which is linked to in my sig, and I think I'm done transforming my sig. I was going to change it, but I was having trouble figuring out what to, everyone seems to like my current one, and I really like it as well. So it's staying.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
I give up....

I cannot work with something that is confused about its identity as a pastery.

Oh and if any remembers my idea of a sugimori scratch, here it is:

*I had no internet acces when I did this and I didn't think to make it an 80X80 sprite so it's really misproportioned.

The only thing I can say is that it is good for a blind, first time scratch.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Also, I've added "[/rant]" to my sig and put all of my quotes in a blog which is linked to in my sig, and I think I'm done transforming my sig. I was going to change it, but I was having trouble figuring out what to, everyone seems to like my current one, and I really like it as well. So it's staying.
It's about time you added that lul.

It's pretty good for a first. My only problem is that the face is too small.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I give up....

I cannot work with something that is confused about its identity as a pastery.

Oh and if any remembers my idea of a sugimori scratch, here it is:

*I had no internet acces when I did this and I didn't think to make it an 80X80 sprite so it's really misproportioned.

It looks great but the face is off. If you fix it to look more pedgiot (I hate spelling it's name >_>) then I'm sure it would look amazing.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Top Bottom