• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

A_man13

Smash Master
You don't. Ah well, it gave me a spot on the CPS and I'm happy.

I'll try and get something done. My brother and his friend are getting help on a science fair project and, since I'm getting paid $50 + to do it and do it well, I'm motivated. I've already gave them a sick title page graphic, so at least the report will be the best looking.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I wish I got a replay of that. I was amazed at myself.

Falcon PUNCH! Falcon PUNCH! *sheild breaks*

Flacon PUNCH!! Show me ya moves!
Reminds me of the C.Falcon match we had today. It was messed up because of Brawls ****ty Online. So I lost(as usual) and how I lost was tragic. So I F-Special him. He Dodges and Falcon does this weird Leg stance. Think taking a crap in mid air...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'm surprised no one commented on it being page 493.

And yes, Xace. It had the extremely explicit parts censored, but...it was still explicit enough. And it was of a rather overweight woman. So yeah...it wasn't pleasant.

Anyways, after getting about 2 and a half hours of sleep last night (no, I'm NOT joking) due to epic procrastination, I may have finally built up the motivation to get to bed at a decent time and work on my procrastination. Yay!

I'll try to finish the evolution line tonight.
I KNEW there was something special about that page. I was like "493..where have I heard that number?"

-:bowser:Bowser King

A_man13

Smash Master
I have never hated magnets so much in my entire life....

This place feels odd without MK. He posted at least once every page up to him being banned. Feels off...

Anyways, anyone have a desire to brawl/ shoddy/ get my rear working on requests? I'd work on MK's pending requests but either he's neglecting updating or he's all clear.

A_man13

Smash Master
Alright. My name is the same only no underscore.

After this someone throw a request off of the pending at me. I'm pretty limited to sprite recoloring/ fusions (don't know how to mecha at all), so throw me something off of the pending. Even if that means I have to take some of the funky ones like Zombie dawn.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I just tried downloading shoddy and it didn't work. what program am I supposed to run it with? I have vista. Also, this isn't pokemon, but...

A_man13

Smash Master
Interesting. Nice recolor. Also do you have java installed? You absolutly need that to work.

GGs Speling. Cool team.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hey

Zrky
Zook
Spire
Firus
BK
Meta kirby

I see the sprite shop is still going well. Sorry I haven't posted here lately, I've been busy with MYM. :laugh:

A_man13

Smash Master
Thanks if i didn't screw up at the begining i might have done better with the ninjask it just it comes with practice i guess.
You actually did better then most Ninjask leads. My advice is to sub protect sub protect. Then get a pinch berry to activate when you are low on HP and then you'll be batlon passing stuff other then speed.

@Majora: Meta Kirby got banned, so I'm temporaraly filling in.

A_man13

Smash Master
Not mine...

And yeah you put zook on their over Mewter.

So does anyone want any of those 3 things I mentioned earlier? I'd love to get a request in today.

A_man13

Smash Master
Alright, I'll start this over fits of helping my brother with the science fair (it's his project, so if I weren't for money being involved it wouldn't be fair to help him).

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Alright, I'll start this over fits of helping my brother with the science fair (it's his project, so if I weren't for money being involved it wouldn't be fair to help him).
why do you hate magnets, they are like...amazing:)

holy crap majora posted:laugh: jk, I hope I can say welcome back:)

Aman, if you want you can take xace's vespiqueen/khangaskan (it's on my pending list) that frickin bee is HARD to fuse:mad:

A_man13

Smash Master
why do you hate magnets, they are like...amazing:)

holy crap majora posted:laugh: jk, I hope I can say welcome back:)

Aman, if you want you can take xace's vespiqueen/khangaskan (it's on my pending list) that frickin bee is HARD to fuse:mad:
I might take it. I'm always in the mood for a good challange.

I don't like magnets since that's the theme of my bro's science fair. It's boring...

Dear lord this did not turn out well. It was supposed to be a generally copy pasty request, but I can't get anything to smooth down at all. Here it is anyway, though:

*Prepares for longest two weeks of his life*

zrky

Smash Lol'd

I don't like magnets since that's the theme of my bro's science fair. It's boring...

Dear lord this did not turn out well. It was supposed to be a generally copy pasty request, but I can't get anything to smooth down at all. Here it is anyway, though:

I can see vaporeon/lucario/mewtwo, but what is it overall?

A_man13

Smash Master
Lucario + Dragonite wings + Seviper fangs + Mewtwo tail + (scratched) rhydon horn. I tried to recolor in places, but not every place looked good with new colors...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I can see vaporeon/lucario/mewtwo, but what is it overall?
It was a ****load of different parts mixed together. It's still on the request list if you want to see it, the first one on the Pending List.

It looks kind of...trippy, but given the request, A_Man, it's not really that bad.

A_man13

Smash Master
It was a ****load of different parts mixed together. It's still on the request list if you want to see it, the first one on the Pending List.

It looks kind of...trippy, but given the request, A_Man, it's not really that bad.
IMO it's atrocious, but it's the best I can do given the request. There are tons of ways to do it better, but lucario is hard to add a million different parts with a small sprite. The fact that most of them were facial features, though, made it worse.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
hey, Firus, should we ban lucario again or not? just thinking after I saw A_man's last post...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Zook said:
@ Ugg: Read the title.
I appreciate the backup, but he requested right before I officially closed shop, so it's fair game.

Zrky, I don't think so. Lucario's default D/P sprite is hard to work with, but we unbanned him because of his animation sprite.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I know this is off-topic, but where did you get that avi Firus? It looks somewhat familiar.

Edit: Nvm, thinking of something else.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman

Sorry A_man, but this is not your best work. I know this was a hodge-podge request with many weird additives, but it doesn't seem to flow well.

To make this comment not suck, I will also give advice. I say that most additives to a pokemon should be recolored to that pokemons color palette. Take the fangs, I would suggest they be white to go along with Lucario (his teeth are white right?)

Lucario + Dragonite wings + Seviper fangs + Mewtwo tail + (scratched) rhydon horn. I tried to recolor in places, but not every place looked good with new colors...
Jeez, who asked for this? It seems like they wanted to play Dr. Frankenstein and see what they could make. Oh well, for what you were asked to do, nice job A_man.

Yay, I finally got back to spriting.

Sorry A_man, but I felt like using your pokemon (you do like cacturne don't you?)

Sand type Cacturne

It's only a recolor, but I like it.

And, Sand Type Cacturne with Sand

Seriously, how do you scratch sand? It's hard as crap to do well.

A_man13

Smash Master
Sorry A_man, but this is not your best work. I know this was a hodge-podge request with many weird additives, but it doesn't seem to flow well.

To make this comment not suck, I will also give advice. I say that most additives to a pokemon should be recolored to that pokemons color palette. Take the fangs, I would suggest they be white to go along with Lucario (his teeth are white right?)

Jeez, who asked for this? It seems like they wanted to play Dr. Frankenstein and see what they could make. Oh well, for what you were asked to do, nice job A_man.

Yay, I finally got back to spriting.

Sorry A_man, but I felt like using your pokemon (you do like cacturne don't you?)

Sand type Cacturne

It's only a recolor, but I like it.

And, Sand Type Cacturne with Sand

Seriously, how do you scratch sand? It's hard as crap to do well.
I know it's atrocious. I had to play to the request more then my desire to make a great sprite. Lucario isn't hard to work with:

(My first real one in case you don't remember this puppy)

..but when you have to add long list of appendages, it gets tough. Lucario is fun to work with him, but in the wrong ways it can be extremly tough. I believe it was for Zooks contest to create the best request and forever sink the shops boom.

Cacturne isn't my real poke. Now I'm more associated with Jirachi. :chuckle:

It looks nice. For the sand one, consider deleting it's legs and lower the body in the sand. That way it looks a bit more like an imobile cactus.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
I know it's atrocious. I had to play to the request more then my desire to make a great sprite. Lucario isn't hard to work with:

(My first real one in case you don't remember this puppy)

..but when you have to add long list of appendages, it gets tough. Lucario is fun to work with him, but in the wrong ways it can be extremly tough. I believe it was for Zooks contest to create the best request and forever sink the shops boom.

Cacturne isn't my real poke. Now I'm more associated with Jirachi. :chuckle:

It looks nice. For the sand one, consider deleting it's legs and lower the body in the sand. That way it looks a bit more like an imobile cactus.

Wow, that sprite is very good.

And I love that "immobile cactus idea." I can't do it today though, homework. But, I get to use GIMP to design a logo so I get to have some fun at least:)

A_man13

Smash Master
Wow, that sprite is very good.

And I love that "immobile cactus idea." I can't do it today though, homework. But, I get to use GIMP to design a logo so I get to have some fun at least:)
Thanks. I like to call it my first, but I got a much worse sprite that was my real first.

It certainly was a good idea. Can't wait to see how it is exicuted. Just make sure that there is some color diference between the sand and Cacturne.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I don't want to sound rude but shouldn't you post your sprites in the critique topic? Unless there was something I missed, I'm pretty sure were not supposed to post sprites in the CPS but in the critique topic.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Top Bottom