• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Mewter

Smash Master
:(
I wasn't in the movie thing? Sorry about that, I just haven't been visiting the poke center lately. Can I still sign up? I noticed I wasn't on the movie poster.
Also, my pet gerbil died.:(
It's kind of sad.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
im sorry to hear that mewter, I hate it when my pets die:( ill probably go into depression when my dog dies

and yes your are included in the movie:)

A_man13

Smash Master
Anyone want to play something (or give me some form of spriting entertainment)? Just got home from dinner and bored.

@Hand: That looks nice as a recolor, but add more and let it shine.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'm back Here are my sprites for today. I know these aren't good. I was bored.

Kirlia+ Espeon

I don't know what is wrong with the background

Crobat+Venonat

This really isn't intended to be good

and, 8 bit sceptile

Any advice on how to make the mounth better while keeping the 8-bitness

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
How's this for an extra thing?

If you meant splicing...i still don't exactly get that. do you use the circle eclipse? and can you use paint.net for it?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How's this for an extra thing?
If you could do a slight red tint, that'd be good. It looks like you replaced an entire color with red, though, and recoloring different shades of the same hue to different hues rarely looks okay. Even when it does, it still looks rather sloppy and isn't a good idea.

If you meant splicing...i still don't exactly get that. do you use the circle eclipse? and can you use paint.net for it?
The circle elipse...? What are you referring to? You read this guide, right? If you have and it wasn't comprehensive enough, try this one.

As for Paint.net, yes. That's the program MK uses, in fact, so if you have any questions specific to Paint.net, ask him.

M.K

Level 55
If you could do a slight red tint, that'd be good. It looks like you replaced an entire color with red, though, and recoloring different shades of the same hue to different hues rarely looks okay. Even when it does, it still looks rather sloppy and isn't a good idea.

The circle elipse...? What are you referring to? You read this guide, right? If you have and it wasn't comprehensive enough, try this one.

As for Paint.net, yes. That's the program MK uses, in fact, so if you have any questions specific to Paint.net, ask him.
Hmm? I merely use Paint.Net for transparencies.
In my opinion, the best program to sprite on is regular Paint. So very simple.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hmm? I merely use Paint.Net for transparencies.
In my opinion, the best program to sprite on is regular Paint. So very simple.
Oh, why was I thinking you used it for everything? Bah.

But yeah. Paint = Win.

M.K

Level 55
Oh, why was I thinking you used it for everything? Bah.

But yeah. Paint = Win.
Definetly. I tell street to use Paint all the time, but he insists on using Powerpoint to make his sprites, and then compressing all of the slides into one medium, then developing it into a sprite via GIMP and several online editors. That is why it takes him a long time to make sprites.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I didn't replace a color, I just put read where the slight gray-black things used to be (you know what I'm talking about). when I turned it transparent, it disappeared. Iunno, i thought the red looked good (it was an outline like lv. 99's avi). are you saying the normal black but with a hint of red?

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Definetly. I tell street to use Paint all the time, but he insists on using Powerpoint to make his sprites, and then compressing all of the slides into one medium, then developing it into a sprite via GIMP and several online editors. That is why it takes him a long time to make sprites.
What?! I don't do that. First I make the sprite in Microsoft Word, then put it in Powerpoint. After that I transfer it through a 3 step online editing tool, I put it in GIMP, and it's done.

M.K

Level 55
I didn't replace a color, I just put read where the slight gray-black things used to be (you know what I'm talking about). when I turned it transparent, it disappeared. Iunno, i thought the red looked good (it was an outline like lv. 99's avi). are you saying the normal black but with a hint of red?
If you like it, don't let us persuade you. However, know that two people suggested the opposite of what you say.

What?! I don't do that. First I make the sprite in Microsoft Word, then put it in Powerpoint. After that I transfer it through a 3 step online editing tool, I put it in GIMP and it's done.
Fail.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I read the first page. I tried to remember the rules I hope I get there right >.> Here it goes.

~Request~
Mecha Weezing
Mecha Tentacruel
Dragon Type Muk
Fire (Breathing) Venusaur

Thank you ^.^

zrky

Smash Lol'd
What?! I don't do that. First I make the sprite in Microsoft Word, then put it in Powerpoint. After that I transfer it through a 3 step online editing tool, I put it in GIMP, and it's done.
FAIL!!! why word AND PP AND online AND GIMP!?
use MSPaint, or get PS or Paint.NET

I read the first page. I tried to remember the rules I hope I get there right >.> Here it goes.

~Request~
Mecha Weezing
Mecha Tentacruel
Dragon Type Muk
Fire (Breathing) Venusaur

Thank you ^.^
YAY, you get cookie *gives cookie* for requesting correctly and reading rules:bee:
ill take mecha tentacruel

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
FAIL!!! why word AND PP AND online AND GIMP!?
use MSPaint, or get PS or Paint.NET
LOL.
I was kidding. I use MS Paint and Paint.net. I was talking to MK and he was like "Haha look what I just posted about you in the CPS!" So I played along.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
im glad were on the same page here...NOW MK, can you take those down please
Who votes for MK to take them down? *thrusts hand upward with great force*

Who thinks MK will get his 3rd grade diploma? *cricket...cricket*

A_man13

Smash Master
It's the end of the world as we know it and I certainly do not feel fine.

EDIT: Raises hand for first. Makes cricket noises for second.

M.K

Level 55
Who votes for MK to take them down? *thrusts hand upward with great force*

Who thinks MK will get his 3rd grade diploma? *cricket...cricket*
Well good sir, I believe you have crossed the line.
No more force feeding cake for a WEEK, you hear me?

LOL you can all just drop dead, kay?

Top Bottom