• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, this has GOT to be one of the cutest enemies I've ever seen. The Stoke (click on View/Download -- it won't let me link directly). Now, why was this not kept in Super Metroid? (By the way, it's a mini version of Crocomire.)

This is why I made a T-shirt of it. :D

EDIT: I don't have a playlist...but some of my favorite bands are:

Lots of video game music, Anberlin, The All-American Rejects, Angels and Airwaves, The Ataris, J-Pop of just about any kind, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Crush 40, Evanescence, HIM, Hoobastank, Jimmy Eat World, Kamelot, Linkin Park, Lostprophets, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Our Lady Peace, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Three Days Grace, Within Temptation, Yellowcard, and 30 Seconds to Mars.
Plus more that I probably forgot.

Also, I was sitting in front of the Able Sister's on AC and the stupid Latino/French frog walked into me and pushed me about five feet into a tree. And THEY get angry at YOU for walking into them.

EDIT: Oh well. I got my revenge.

I would also like to present to you The Snowball, a skit in seven screenshots.

For the sake of people with bad internet connections, I will link to it; here.

God, I have NO life.

A_man13

Smash Master
Okay, this has GOT to be one of the cutest enemies I've ever seen. The Stoke (click on View/Download -- it won't let me link directly). Now, why was this not kept in Super Metroid? (By the way, it's a mini version of Crocomire.)

This is why I made a T-shirt of it. :D

EDIT: I don't have a playlist...but some of my favorite bands are:

Plus more that I probably forgot.

Also, I was sitting in front of the Able Sister's on AC and the stupid Latino/French frog walked into me and pushed me about five feet into a tree. And THEY get angry at YOU for walking into them.

God, I have NO life.
Interesting musical taste. I maybe know...two. I tend just to listen to whatever is on the radio.

You like designing shirts and the like? I do that every now and then. Almost everyone who comes over at least picks up my Pokemon and Volcano designs.

Tough break with Crazy Frog. When either Zrky or Zolga was over my wanna-be-teacher cat neighbor stood in front of my house and I couldn't get in. When the other person was inside, that was torture. Since no axe at the time, I poked him with a golden shovel and he left. Aw, aren't you the best of friends now?

I hate getting the snowman furnature. I get a roughly correct snowman and it says it's not flawless. The one time I got it right it just sent me a snowman doll. Now all it does is taunt me of my near inability to get more good snowmen.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Interesting musical taste. I maybe know...two. I tend just to listen to whatever is on the radio.
Yeah. Most of them aren't really popular. Probably the most popular are The All-American Rejects and Linkin Park (which I am preparing for flames regarding, since Linkin Park is so widely despised). And then of course, I have really unknown ones like Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Nightwish, and Within Temptation. Probably because they're all foreign bands.

You like designing shirts and the like? I do that every now and then. Almost everyone who comes over at least picks up my Pokemon and Volcano designs.
Yup. I mostly enjoy ripping sprites from games and putting them on shirts -- I obviously can't rip them directly, but I copy them pixel-by-pixel. Thus far I've made a Cucco, a Super Metroid Morph Ball, and The Stoke, which is my current shirt. In the original AC, though, I made a Sonic head and half of Samus from Super Metroid.

Tough break with Crazy Frog. When either Zrky or Zolga was over my wanna-be-teacher cat neighbor stood in front of my house and I couldn't get in. When the other person was inside, that was torture. Since no axe at the time, I poked him with a golden shovel and he left. Aw, aren't you the best of friends now?
Heh.

I hate getting the snowman furnature. I get a roughly correct snowman and it says it's not flawless. The one time I got it right it just sent me a snowman doll. Now all it does is taunt me of my near inability to get more good snowmen.
Yeah. I destroyed that snowball because the OTHER snowball, stupidly enough, fell into a hole which apparently destroys it. Bah.

A_man13

Smash Master
Yeah. Most of them aren't really popular. Probably the most popular are The All-American Rejects and Linkin Park (which I am preparing for flames regarding, since Linkin Park is so widely despised). And then of course, I have really unknown ones like Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Nightwish, and Within Temptation. Probably because they're all foreign bands.

Yup. I mostly enjoy ripping sprites from games and putting them on shirts -- I obviously can't rip them directly, but I copy them pixel-by-pixel. Thus far I've made a Cucco, a Super Metroid Morph Ball, and The Stoke, which is my current shirt. In the original AC, though, I made a Sonic head and half of Samus from Super Metroid.

Heh.

Yeah. I destroyed that snowball because the OTHER snowball, stupidly enough, fell into a hole which apparently destroys it. Bah.
Those were the two that stuck out to me. I've heard their famous songs (or at least the ones that either get lots of airtime or made their way to GH), but not enough to get a full decision about the band.

I hardly know any real moddern bands anymore. My family prefers country (the day I purposfully choose country over other generas besides "******* attempting poetry" or rap is the day the world ends) and lots of clasic/alternative rock (most of which is a decade older or more). All that I really hear that is moddern is the feel-good pop/ soft-rock that ocasionally is played on those stations. And even when there is something I like, I rarely ever note the artist/ song title (unless it's so recognizable they don't have to say it). Oh yeah, forgot about 24/7 christmas music (somewhere between good and bad)...

That's cool. Zolga once gave me a yoshi egg shirt that was a pixil by pixil rip from Yoshi's island. It was a cool shirt, but now we both wear my clothing selections at least in Fourside (my town).

Ouch. Well it could be much worse. Y'know, someone wants to talk to you and they knock your ball into the river running to you.

EDIT: @Zook: My teacher made us listen to "Rock the Casbah" all the time last year. We even had a vocab activity where we had to sing it. O_O

XACE-K

Smash Master

Lucky b******, I want him in my town.

lulz. And I wants a Samus helmet. >:O

God, I have NO life.
Yes, yes you don't.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I say don't post it to the public if you do take the request. If you allow one exception to the rules, then everyone is just going to ignore it and the rule would be pointless...Unless each member has their own rules. That's a different case.
Or if he doesn't ever comeback to this forum, like most n00bs. [/sad truth]

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Those were the two that stuck out to me. I've heard their famous songs (or at least the ones that either get lots of airtime or made their way to GH), but not enough to get a full decision about the band.
Heh, that's a funny coincidence.
They're both good bands, although neither would probably be in my top ten. Maybe Linkin Park...I don't know. Just like with video games, it's hard for me to put things as favorite/least favorite (of those I like -- of those I dislike, finding my least favorite isn't all that hard). Anberlin is definitely up there, though. However similar to other bands some people might think they are *COUGHSkylerCOUGH*, I don't really find that to be true and they're a really good band. Plus, Steven Christian can actually sing (i.e. his voice isn't just souped up for the records). I know this personally because I saw Anberlin live.

I hardly know any real moddern bands anymore. My family prefers country (the day I purposfully choose country over other generas besides "******* attempting poetry" or rap is the day the world ends) and lots of clasic/alternative rock (most of which is a decade older or more). All that I really hear that is moddern is the feel-good pop/ soft-rock that ocasionally is played on those stations. And even when there is something I like, I rarely ever note the artist/ song title (unless it's so recognizable they don't have to say it). Oh yeah, forgot about 24/7 christmas music (somewhere between good and bad)...
Man, that really sucks. I feel bad for you. I'm totally with you on country and rap.

Ouch. Well it could be much worse. Y'know, someone wants to talk to you and they knock your ball into the river running to you.
Yeah, I still remember in the original Animal Crossing where the animals asked you to fetch them a ball of some sort, you'd do so and five seconds later it'd be in the river. It wasn't easy to get them, either.

A_man13

Smash Master
Heh, that's a funny coincidence.
They're both good bands, although neither would probably be in my top ten. Maybe Linkin Park...I don't know. Just like with video games, it's hard for me to put things as favorite/least favorite (of those I like -- of those I dislike, finding my least favorite isn't all that hard). Anberlin is definitely up there, though. However similar to other bands some people might think they are *COUGHSkylerCOUGH*, I don't really find that to be true and they're a really good band. Plus, Steven Christian can actually sing (i.e. his voice isn't just souped up for the records). I know this personally because I saw Anberlin live.

Man, that really sucks. I feel bad for you. I'm totally with you on country and rap.

Yeah, I still remember in the original Animal Crossing where the animals asked you to fetch them a ball of some sort, you'd do so and five seconds later it'd be in the river. It wasn't easy to get them, either.
I've never really listened to Anberlin. From what I was reading from another thread around here they are suposed to be really good (especially in the lyrics department store). I think I've also seen their logo on some T-shirts at school. But those people are in the minority compared to some of the others I see (AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix experiance, Guns 'n Roses, etc.).

It's not that I don't like them (well, at least the former. Rap sucks on every level), it's just not really my style. I guess it's for the most part how much country is played in my family. We almost certainly buy more country CDs and iPod files then we do anything else and when we aren't listening to christmas, christian music (the modern stuff. Besides today we never listen to "Messiah" on the way to sporting events), or some rock (My dad rarely ever has the urge to turn on his Foo Fighters and other alternative artists CD and my mom dosen't have any avalable in her iPod besides those above which besides Dani California she'd choose something else or get entertaining but not musical republican talk radio), we are either listening to country or my brother and sister are fighting which the radio is off and I'm the only one not wanting to give another member of the car a Stranglehold. I know they used to listen to it a ton (My mom is a huge fan of Eagles, AC/DC, and the like and my dad used to have tapes to all the clasic songs I like. Heck I even saw a Linkin Park CD while organizing their CDs), but most rock songs aren't necesaraly apropriate if my bro and sis were to pick up the lyrics.

I played AC for the GCN maybe 5 hours and all I really had to do was the nook jobs, dig up a gyroid, and find someone's rare Pokemon Card. Never knew that those existed. They sound worse then the "I lost my keys in the river. Find it now."

So yeah, I just got back from an interactive Murder-mystery in the Gheto around Downtown Denver. It was pretty funny (I was nicknamed "Encyclopedia Brown" and my dad had to dance with a Rusian Girl wearing a bandana under the alis K9), but it was good to have it done. I did get a couple music books for my grandmother (of whom invited us) for comming, so it was all good in the end.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've never really listened to Anberlin. From what I was reading from another thread around here they are suposed to be really good (especially in the lyrics department store). I think I've also seen their logo on some T-shirts at school. But those people are in the minority compared to some of the others I see (AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix experiance, Guns 'n Roses, etc.).
Lolwut? People said that they were good EXCEPT for in the lyrics department? That's really ironic, considering that's actually the department they excel in the most, I think. They have deep, meaningful lyrics. And "hear what the silence screams" is one of my favorite lines ever.

That aside, though, I actually don't think I know anyone who likes Anberlin, except for one of my friends, whom I went to that concert with.

It's not that I don't like them (well, at least the former. Rap sucks on every level), it's just not really my style. I guess it's for the most part how much country is played in my family. We almost certainly buy more country CDs and iPod files then we do anything else and when we aren't listening to christmas, christian music (the modern stuff. Besides today we never listen to "Messiah" on the way to sporting events), or some rock (My dad rarely ever has the urge to turn on his Foo Fighters and other alternative artists CD and my mom dosen't have any avalable in her iPod besides those above which besides Dani California she'd choose something else or get entertaining but not musical republican talk radio), we are either listening to country or my brother and sister are fighting which the radio is off and I'm the only one not wanting to give another member of the car a Stranglehold. I know they used to listen to it a ton (My mom is a huge fan of Eagles, AC/DC, and the like and my dad used to have tapes to all the clasic songs I like. Heck I even saw a Linkin Park CD while organizing their CDs), but most rock songs aren't necesaraly apropriate if my bro and sis were to pick up the lyrics.
Well, yeah. I feel the same way. Country music isn't bad per se, I just couldn't personally listen to it. The musical style and the lyrics just don't really appeal to me.

I played AC for the GCN maybe 5 hours and all I really had to do was the nook jobs, dig up a gyroid, and find someone's rare Pokemon Card. Never knew that those existed. They sound worse then the "I lost my keys in the river. Find it now."
Wait, Pokemon Card? Really? The coolest thing I ever had to find was a Game Boy.

A_man13

Smash Master
Lolwut? People said that they were good EXCEPT for in the lyrics department? That's really ironic, considering that's actually the department they excel in the most, I think. They have deep, meaningful lyrics. And "hear what the silence screams" is one of my favorite lines ever.

That aside, though, I actually don't think I know anyone who likes Anberlin, except for one of my friends, whom I went to that concert with.

Well, yeah. I feel the same way. Country music isn't bad per se, I just couldn't personally listen to it. The musical style and the lyrics just don't really appeal to me.

Wait, Pokemon Card? Really? The coolest thing I ever had to find was a Game Boy.
I ment they were strong in the lyrics department. And yeah I'm likely very confused. Most of the band shirts don't have their names on them but a logo. I don't recognize logos as well as names, so yeah.

Country is good in a sense that it's wholesome and it's more meaningfull then a lot of other stuff. Otherwise it's really a cliched style of music.

Oh yeah, maybe it was the GBA. It mentioned a pikachu from what I remember, so that could be either or.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I ment they were strong in the lyrics department. And yeah I'm likely very confused. Most of the band shirts don't have their names on them but a logo. I don't recognize logos as well as names, so yeah.
Oh, heh. I thought you said except, not especially. My bad.

Country is good in a sense that it's wholesome and it's more meaningfull then a lot of other stuff. Otherwise it's really a cliched style of music.
Meh, sometimes it's more meaningful. Either way, I just can't stand the instruments and the vocal style used for it. It just kind of makes it hard to take seriously, and I like my music serious. The only exception to that is on occasion if I'm listening to Weird Al.

Oh yeah, maybe it was the GBA. It mentioned a pikachu from what I remember, so that could be either or.
Ohh, you mean a Pokemon Pikachu. Yeah, I've had to fetch those. Both those and Game Boys are equally awesome.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i know this is such fail. nintendo is being big douchbags about this and the homebrew channel. seriously who believes they had "technical difficulties"? at least i am not missing out on the pikachu ones. they sucked so bad.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I still need to get hebrew:(
Can I do the sltrio, I wanna do somethin special:)
I'll go to a laptop right now and start.

Mewter

Smash Master
All right. I'm getting the light type darkrai done, soon.:laugh:
Just thought I'd let you know.

Intelligent discussion?
Don't ruin Smashboards! :laugh:

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ugg, what is nintendo trying to do, soon sakurai will pull up in a car infront of your house, and personaly go through your wii....

Stupid signature violations, i have 2 points for it, do they want us to even have signatures? urgggz

A_man13

Smash Master
Ugg, what is nintendo trying to do, soon sakurai will pull up in a car infront of your house, and personaly go through your wii....

Stupid signature violations, i have 2 points for it, do they want us to even have signatures? urgggz

As a sig maker, I'm not really used to getting infractions. Must be the fact that they like me.

And Sakurai is just making sure that we play the games properly; no matter how unfun.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Personally i think you should be hating on the Nintendo Legal team. If the Devs say these, it could potentially set up Job interviews at Nitnendo, Retro and any other 2nd party dev department. Unless it's from Iwata or Miyamoto or Sakurai, its the Legal teams that send out the "sue or GTFO" stuff.

Too my knowledge that is.

A_man13

Smash Master
Personally i think you should be hating on the Nintendo Legal team. If the Devs say these, it could potentially set up Job interviews at Nitnendo, Retro and any other 2nd party dev department. Unless it's from Iwata or Miyamoto or Sakurai, its the Legal teams that send out the "sue or GTFO" stuff.

Too my knowledge that is.
True. And what buisness does some japaneese game designer have in america law?

SHODDY WORKS AGAIN! /Giddymoment

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Question: If you can't be ***ed to read the rules, then why should we be ***ed to fulfill your requests?

Answer: We shouldn't, and won't.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
How did frozen break the rules? He put ~request~ and everything. I'm confused. Am I missing something?

Top Bottom