• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Random, out-of-the-blue question: Does anyone know the effects of the Wii Menu 3.4? i.e. does it destroy Homebrew?

I'm definitely not downloading it until I'm sure what it'll do and 'til I have a solution to the problem. From the description, it lets you use the USB Keyboard in the Mii Channel. How infinitely useful.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Random, out-of-the-blue question: Does anyone know the effects of the Wii Menu 3.4? i.e. does it destroy Homebrew?

I'm definitely not downloading it until I'm sure what it'll do and 'til I have a solution to the problem. From the description, it lets you use the USB Keyboard in the Mii Channel. How infinitely useful.
I would think it destroys homebrew as 3.3 did, unless nintendo think it got rid of it with 3.3 and didnt bother to put the H brew destroyer in this one.

XACE-K

Smash Master

No clue if it does or not but all I know is that I can't get it know.

Stupid self...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ok this one is messed up. first, it destroys EVERYTHING, hbc, the twilight saves, etc. then it fores you to sign an agreement, that says they can update your wii AT ANY TIME, without your consent. and all new games from now on will force you to update before you play.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Thank goodness I never update my wii anymore, Nintendo likes to be jerks about harmless hacking >.>. If they don't want people to do harmful hacks, then why not monitor the servers yourselves? It would give jobs to the unemployed at least.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I honestly find that the Wii is just set up for casual gamers to buy and get scammed and for the hardcore gamers to be dissapointed with their lacking updates their ridiculous scams and some crappy games. e.g WII MUsicc

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
ok this one is messed up. first, it destroys EVERYTHING, hbc, the twilight saves, etc. then it fores you to sign an agreement, that says they can update your wii AT ANY TIME, without your consent. and all new games from now on will force you to update before you play.
You've GOT to be kidding me.

I am NOT going to consent to them updating my Wii whenever they please without my consent. Uh-uh. Not happening. I will disconnect from Wi-Fi if I'm forced to do that update, and I'll reconnect when I want/have to update.

I'll just hold off on new games for a while.

it isnt harmless hacking it is the illegal emulators you can put on with hbc causing this.
That's not why they're doing it. Even if you have those on there, and have ROMs, you surely have them on your PC, too. All it's going to do is stop you from playing it on a console.

No, no...this is to stop you from hacking whatsoever. You can also have cheat code devices on the HBC, and considering Nintendo took the time to stop GC Action Replay from working on the Wii, they surely want to stop that.
Let's face it, they don't want you hacking your systems at all. Not for your Wii's safety, but because, for multiple reasons, they don't want you hacking your console.

I honestly find that the Wii is just set up for casual gamers to buy and get scammed and for the hardcore gamers to be dissapointed with their lacking updates their ridiculous scams and some crappy games. e.g WII MUsicc
This pretty much sums up the Wii.

A_man13

Smash Master
Great job, nintendo. You have effectivly killed any drive I have left in the wii. I mean, there is nothing at all I want (besides Wii Music, but that was long killed by how shallow it is) and this just removes any other interest the wii has. Best case scenario is allowing more DLC, but knowing nintendo, that's not in the plan any time soon.

*crickets*

....Oh god, we're dying :(
True....

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Wow. Guess we're all going to have to give in and kill homebrew (though it will probably be brought back to life one week after this update) for the Conduit. And then for F-Zero Wii. And then for Star Fox Wii.

God dammit Nintendo.

If we want to hack our Wiis and just have fun messing around with it, why can't we? I don't think Sony or Microsoft screw around with any console mods.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow. Guess we're all going to have to give in and kill homebrew (though it will probably be brought back to life one week after this update) for the Conduit. And then for F-Zero Wii. And then for Star Fox Wii.
Yeah. Well, apparently, without this update you also can't use the Internet Channel or Shop Channel. Fortunately, people are awesome and there's a patch here (scroll down to the second most recent update).
People will find a way to circumvent it, and already are.

God dammit Nintendo.

If we want to hack our Wiis and just have fun messing around with it, why can't we? I don't think Sony or Microsoft screw around with any console mods.
Agreed. I don't believe they do. I think they'll ban you from XBL/PSN if you're caught cheating online, but not just hacking in general.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
should I get Wii home brew or not?
I would definitely recommend it, if for nothing more than the Ocarina.

I think the Brawl codes and the Infinite Clawshot / Super Spinner codes for Twilight Princess alone make it worth it.

Honestly, I pretty much just use it for Ocarina -- albeit I haven't used it at all in a while. Until City Folk came out, I hadn't really touched my Wii much since I got my 360. But with the release of codes like in-game time changing for City Folk and jumping...I may HAVE to use it again.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Wow nintendo is trying to crack down, but as long as you dont download it your good, question tho, you said that it would not let you play games without an update, if you are not hooked up to online does it update or does it not let you play the game?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yea i really don't give 2 ****s about homebrew. Seeing as my Wii spits it out, and i hate using cheats in games if they arn't already implemented.

On topic: Yea my grotle is having a big Prob. I can't find a good fire sprite to replace the bushes. should i find one from a exsisting sprite or create my own.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow nintendo is trying to crack down, but as long as you dont download it your good, question tho, you said that it would not let you play games without an update, if you are not hooked up to online does it update or does it not let you play the game?
If you're not connected to the internet, you are simply unable to play the game. Period.

Someone I know got Wii Fit, and didn't have internet access. Well, needless to say, the game wouldn't work because they had to update first. So in addition to the $90 for Wii Fit, they had to spend $15 or so on a Wi-Fi USB Connector.

Yea i really don't give 2 ****s about homebrew. Seeing as my Wii spits it out, and i hate using cheats in games if they arn't already implemented.
Not just cheats (I dislike that term), but other things as well. Unlimited camera, unlimited replay time, those sort of things...they're hardly cheating. I personally am against cheating. It ruins the game if you just give yourself everything. I'll use some things you could classify as a cheat once in a while, but 99.99% of the time it's not to help me beat a game I haven't already beaten. For example, I wanted to get back to Ganon in Twilight Princess, but I had left Hyrule Castle so I would've had to trek all the way back. Instead, I used a combination of Infinite Clawshot and Super Spinner to cut the journey time in half.

But whatever.

On topic: Yea my grotle is having a big Prob. I can't find a good fire sprite to replace the bushes. should i find one from a exsisting sprite or create my own.
I'd try my hand at the fire first. If you try it, edit it, and after every effort to make it look good it still doesn't look right to you, get a pre-made one.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Guys, can you stop talking about Homebrew. I know it's cool (one of my friends have it) but this discussion is spam. Talk of it elsewhere.

M.K

Level 55
Guys, can you stop talking about Homebrew. I know it's cool (one of my friends have it) but this discussion is spam. Talk of it elsewhere.
Thank you =D.
Don't use Homebrew on Animal Crossing, Firus. Please?
That is ALL I have to say. (Feel free to Profile or Private Message me)

I'm resting today, but I'll be in spriting mode....this weekend...

zrky

Smash Lol'd
*ahem* grammatical error

but ill try to get at least the shoop da whoop charioxis today and one other this weekend, to FINALLY clear some space in my claimed:ohwell:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
me too, I really don't know life with out it. Even when I was 5 I asked to borrow my dad's laptop during a road-trip and when asked what I was doing, I said I was going on the internet and then they had to explain that you had to be connected.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
me too, I really don't know life with out it. Even when I was 5 I asked to borrow my dad's laptop during a road-trip and when asked what I was doing, I said I was going on the internet and then they had to explain that you had to be connected.
I think he meant in regards to the Wii.

Although I agree with you. I can't live without the internet these days.

A_man13

Smash Master
Does anyone notice that we've gone for about 2 pages with hardly any sprite related talk?

I really could care less for the wii now. I don't want AC mainly because of the wii speak.

M.K

Level 55
Does anyone notice that we've gone for about 2 pages with hardly any sprite related talk?

I really could care less for the wii now. I don't want AC mainly because of the wii speak.
Well nobody has been motivated to complete any sprites so....that is why.

Let it be known to everyone that graces the presence of this thread:

I hate crickets.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, you don't have to get the WiiSpeak with it. I didn't.
City Folk is actually surprisingly more fun than I imagined, fortunately.

Let it be known to everyone that graces the presence of this thread:

I hate crickets.
Hahah, I'm sorry, that was GREAT. :lol:

M.K

Level 55
:bee: City Folk is the absolute best! I had little motivation to play it until I actually play it!
I'm like "Ok, I have to go sell this....and get a hat....and see the city....and go to the marquee....and check out GracieGrace...and dig up things...and fish...and....wow".

:freak: Why?! WHY!?!? :freak:
If crickets were already dead and extinct, that dumb cricket wouldn't have caused the emotional scarring on my soul

zrky

Smash Lol'd
DON'T GO WITH SONY, and there were good things pointed out, shall we stop talking about the wii?

A_man13

Smash Master
This just in!

Meta-Kirby is, in fact, Hooktail.
I'll shwack him with my cricket sounds hamma!

I don't blame you, actually. I don't like incects in the leat.

Hahah, I'm sorry, that was GREAT. :lol:
I might get it. It appeals to me, just not enough to either peak my intrest or inspire me to get it to pass under the RPG-Aleart parents.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
A_man, how can you dislike insects. Entomology is amazing. It's like studying a shelled mouse that is so much more advanced and smaller.

Top Bottom