• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

RaymanFan3

Smash Rookie
Oh, bah, I'll fix that.

Claimed means that I want to do the request and that no one else will end up doing it. I work on a first come, first served basis so compare how high the number next to your request is to the numbers next to the other requests -- the lower the request, the sooner I get to it. Only if it's under "Currently Working On" am I working on it, and I don't use that section all that much, I usually just do it and post the sprite.
Ok, I understand now. Thanks.:chuckle:

M.K

Level 55
Ugh, Firus, can you help me out in the "Election 2008" Debate Thread? I don't want to bring politics back into this thread, so I'm asking for your help over there.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ugh, Firus, can you help me out in the "Election 2008" Debate Thread? I don't want to bring politics back into this thread, so I'm asking for your help over there.
I'll certainly try.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Can I request a FirustheHedgehog trainer sprite?
Considering the nature of the request, I'll take it, but what exactly do you mean? Do you mean a human version of my sprite of Firus the Hedgehog?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I also request a Zook trainer sprite. Whatever you think I look like. Tip: I have glasses.

EDIT: You guys should give all of the PC regulars trainer sprites. That'd be freakin' awsome.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I request a trainer sprite of me, also!

White hair, purple eyes, and a red scarf. <3 fanfiction OCs

XACE-K

Smash Master
I also request a Zook trainer sprite. Whatever you think I look like. Tip: I have glasses.

EDIT: You guys should give all of the PC regulars trainer sprites. That'd be freakin' awsome.
Agreed.

But I'll wait for my other requests to be done. Than you ca make a trainer sprite of me. :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd love to make a sprite of myself as a trainer. I think I will do just that.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I wanna do a sprite of myself :D

When I get photoshop of course....

I tried out my neighbours and I have to say, making coustim stuff is a lot easier....

-:bowser:Bowser King

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Guys, I have a HUGE project for you.

I want you to take (almost) all of the 4th Gen Pokemon, and rip away all of the unnecessary stripes n' spikes and crap like that, effectively leaving them in more of a good ol' 1rst Gen simplistic design.

"A true engineer knows that he has achieved perfection NOT when he has nothing left to add, but when he has nothing left to take away".

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I don't want to overstep my bounds, but that's a little rediculous.

Most people ask for one thing, you've asked for more than 100. Did you really think that was a good idea?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I'll bet it's the best sprite(s) idea in this entire thread. I'm sure many would agree 1st Gen style 4th Genners would rawk hardcore.

M.K

Level 55
Guys, I have a HUGE project for you.

I want you to take (almost) all of the 4th Gen Pokemon, and rip away all of the unnecessary stripes n' spikes and crap like that, effectively leaving them in more of a good ol' 1rst Gen simplistic design.

"A true engineer knows that he has achieved perfection NOT when he has nothing left to add, but when he has nothing left to take away".
No. Freaking. Way.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was thinking more of the person behind FirushtheHedgehog(do a trainer sprite of yourself or how you view yourself fantastically).
Ah.

Well, I may end up doing a Firus the Hedgehog-esque edit of a trainer, because that would sort of be how I view myself fantastically.

What's this about trainer sprites now?

Can I request ones for Snake and Ike?
If not, then one for me please.
Hm...
Yeah, sure. I found sprites of both, and I know I usually have a policy against spin-off fusions, but I'll make an exception every now and then.

I don't want to overstep my bounds, but that's a little rediculous.

Most people ask for one thing, you've asked for more than 100. Did you really think that was a good idea?
No, you're not overstepping bounds at all. I mean, it is your opinion, so whether or not we agreed you're fully able to say it.

And I'm inclined to agree anyways. It's an interesting concept, but that's a HUGE project, and not an easy one either. It's hard to define what's "first gen", and even so there are many a Pokemon not worthy of first gen merely in concept. Arceus, Probopass, and Regigigas are just a few examples. Either you have to do some pretty intense editing on Arceus and Regigigas (Probopass is a nose, it can't be saved), or it's just the same old bad Pokemon.

M.K

Level 55
My idea is just that awesome, isn't it?
No.

1) There is no set guidelines
2) It would take MANY weeks
3) We don't even know your idea of "1st Gen"-ness
4) I like the 4th Gen as it is.

@ MORPHED CHAOS:

Introducing: Hydrovoir (Water Type) and Axelvoir (Steel Type)

I hope you like them! :bee:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No.

1) There is no set guidelines
2) It would take MANY weeks
3) We don't even know your idea of "1st Gen"-ness
4) I like the 4th Gen as it is.
*Stares blankly*
But yeah, I agree otherwise.

@ MORPHED CHAOS:

OH MY GOD.

Those look epic, I LOVE the water one. Seriously, AWESOME JOB. I think that stands up to Peophina in epic type changes, and Peophina's pretty awesome. (You're really good at water type changes.)

GAH!!! WHEN IS THE SPRITER'S RESOURCE GOING TO COME BACK TO LIFE?!
/random shouts of anger at a site that's been down for maintenance for about 2 months now

M.K

Level 55
*Stares blankly*
But yeah, I agree otherwise.

OH MY GOD.

Those look epic, I LOVE the water one. Seriously, AWESOME JOB. I think that stands up to Peophina in epic type changes, and Peophina's pretty awesome. (You're really good at water type changes.)

GAH!!! WHEN IS THE SPRITER'S RESOURCE GOING TO COME BACK TO LIFE?!
/random shouts of anger at a site that's been down for maintenance for about 2 months now
Haha, thank you very much. I love making type changes to Water-Type.

Firus, I strongly encourage you to make a SerebiiForums Account. That is seriously the BEST Pokemon site for ANYTHING (Spirtes, Game Discussions, Tips, AWESOMNESS).

Bowser, Spire, zrky, Skyler, XACE, you guys too!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Firus, I strongly encourage you to make a SerebiiForums Account. That is seriously the BEST Pokemon site for ANYTHING (Spirtes, Game Discussions, Tips, AWESOMNESS).

No problem.

And I'll definitely consider it. Although it'll probably depress me and make me feel worthless as a spriter.
Kidding. Maybe.

M.K

Level 55
No problem.

And I'll definitely consider it. Although it'll probably depress me and make me feel worthless as a spriter.
Kidding. Maybe.
Gah, no way! You are definetly better than 85% of the spriters anyways. Most of them are either beginner trash or expert angels.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

I would consider it. Being a noob with 0 posts again could be fun :D

-:bowser:Bowser King

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
@ MORPHED CHAOS:

That water type Gardevoir looks like it would be a sure thing in a new gen, thats just so great. As for the steel one, I've drawn her like that before, makes it look great. Thanks for making these, they are just full of win.

XACE-K

Smash Master

Awesome.

No. All the other forums I joined, I lost interest in. Except this one. Probably cause of you guys.

*gives shop manly hug*

I would consider it. Being a noob with 0 posts again could be fun :D
Well I'm too busy trying to be a Smash Mastah so i don't wanna be a noob.

M.K

Level 55
If you have any interest in Pokemon (As well as a lust for proving/disproving things about the Pokemon universe, arguing about which is the best Gen, or sharing your sprites with the world) you would have a blast at Serebii Forums!!!

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Oh, I've got another Gardevoir one that would be interesting, but I dunno if you guys do a fusion with Crisellia anymore (I hate her, but I like her cry in brawl >.>)

Otherwise, hm... fire type, or Electric type Gardevoir would be interesting... Or Dragon type? Oh, And how would a Slaking look like fused with a Galade?

XACE-K

Smash Master
If you have any interest in Pokemon (As well as a lust for proving/disproving things about the Pokemon universe, arguing about which is the best Gen, or sharing your sprites with the world) you would have a blast at Serebii Forums!!!
I like Pokemanz but I don't feel like it. I like posting here cause mods never come here so this thread is like a hideout to me. I wouldn't have a hideout in a Pokemon dominated site.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Serebi... Hm, Dunno if I would get any positive critique for my Gardevoir pictures (Now I can draw her in flash so easily, I can start animating once I get off my lazy *** and do it >.>)

I'm not too good at spriting though... Hey, animations or an animated series, would you guys or them be interested in that?

Get me sprites and I can do Sprite animations. Maybe get a few VA's.... That would be cool. Gotta ask Alvin how to get past the 16K frame limit though.

Top Bottom