• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
We've seen spam before but yet we're still open.

Whenever we experience a sprite drought, spam happens.

It also doesn't help that we never use the group thread.
Don't blame it on the sprite droughts. Make requests but don't just post "that's nice" on every fusion you come across. You can do that but at least post something that gives further help. If you notice firus he never just says "that's awesome", his post adds more. Sometimes a wall of text :p.

Just because we've seen it before doesn't mean we should keep spamming.
If you see a broken bridge and have crossed it 5 times does that mean it's safe? No, you could still fall. In this case that fall would be the closing of this thread.

I don't get what the big deal is about us getting off topic. It's not uncommon for sig shops in the AE to get off-topic. We're not some freak weirdos who get off topic in a thread in a room that suffers from a lack of moderation (though we haven't had many trolls come by lately).

More often than not, sig shops in the AE are getting worse spam than this place is.
I know we don't get moderated a lot but that doesn't mean we shouldn't follow rules.
We may be our own little island but does that mean our island should destroy each other? No. The PC crew is an intelligent group of people that shouldn't ruin the sanity we have maintained. If we spam, the PC isn't going to be anything but a +1 post count. Mods would likely see it and that would be the end of it.

No one said anything about off-topicness. Post off-topic every once in a while (just make sure it doesn't go crazy). When I say off-topic I mean something that could be discussed. No stupid stuff like "I just got $5!!11".

that's my opinion anyway....

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Not to sound rude but the person/people that make a thread don't have any power over it. That's been a rule since forever. It may be our shop but that doesn't necaserally mean we can tell what the rules are (except shop related rules).
The rules still have to follow with the SWF rules.

Plus...we average at about 1 spam post per page. MK has tried many times to stop it(and I thank you so much for that MK :)) but sometimes it just seems uncontrollable.

Way to take what I said out of context.

I said people claiming to know what's best for the thread better than us. Not the rules, what's best for the thread. There's been a lot of people coming in telling us how the thread is going to get locked, we're being too off-topic, etc. We're perfectly aware that we're being off-topic and that these are things that are against the rules normally -- but as Skyler pointed out, shops get leniency. And we know this.
Not to mention that some people, especially in this instance, don't present it in a kind way, but in a "YOU GUYS ARE DOING IT WRONG!" matter.

Also, stop calling it spam. We do get spam occasionally, but most of it is off-topic posts. Spam is never acceptable. Off-topic posts are given more leniency than spam regularly, and it's certainly given leniency in a shop thread.

I don't get what the big deal is about us getting off topic. It's not uncommon for sig shops in the AE to get off-topic. We're not some freak weirdos who get off topic in a thread in a room that suffers from a lack of moderation (though we haven't had many trolls come by lately).

More often than not, sig shops in the AE are getting worse spam than this place is.
And just in case my explanation was lacking, this.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Way to take what I said out of context.

I said people claiming to know what's best for the thread better than us. Not the rules, what's best for the thread. There's been a lot of people coming in telling us how the thread is going to get locked, we're being too off-topic, etc. We're perfectly aware that we're being off-topic and that these are things that are against the rules normally -- but as Skyler pointed out, shops get leniency.

Also, stop calling it spam. We do get spam occasionally, but most of it is off-topic posts. Spam is never acceptable.
If were aware then why does it keep happening?
I visit the AE and I don't notice a lot of spam. Some shops might but the main point is- Do we want to be like them? Those shops run of spam. Is that worth risking a chance of getting closed?

off-topic posts that come out of nowhere are considered spam. They have nothing to do with the disscusion. Off-topic is usually something that happens as a group not 1-2 people posting things that shouldn't be discussed here.

Read the last few pages and tell me that you don't see at least 1 post per page that shouldn't be there.

I cant help it if I think your funny when your mad
snucas, think of this like your sig shops, when it says DON"T RUSH ME, I HAVE A LIFE TOO
Did i sound as if i was in a rush to get anything?
no.
i dont mind, i know how busy people are and i respect that from the bottom of my heart (kingdom hearts :laugh:)

JK

anyways, i like the gardevoir re-types.
Very nice (especially VoirX-2000 :rotfl:)

M.K

Level 55
None of us can speak about SPAM or off-topicness, not even me. I've told you guys multiple, multiple, multiple times to stop going off-topic, you say "sorry", and then it just goes BACK to off-topicness because some random **** gets thrown into the mix. When you see an off-topic or SPAMMY post, DO NOT respond to it. DO NOT RESPOND TO IT. Do. Not. Respond. To It.

If I see that you responded to it, I will not hold back. It will be the verbal equivalent of me lighting YOU on fire and destroying your soul with a pitchfork.

Spire

III
BRoomer
There's a reason that I no longer frequent this thread THAT I'M A BIG PART OF. Please, Meta-Kirby, save your dignity and stop *****ing. We back you up on certain things (like the contest that you were SPAMMING information about here), but we don't gripe at people like you do with your large, bold fonts, centered text, and stuck-up attitude. Please just calm down.

Spam is measured by how much can fit in a can. There's really not enough to fill a can per page, so spam is minimal at best. This thread is clean as long as we don't respond to spam, as that just fills the pages up more.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If were aware then why does it keep happening?
I visit the AE and I don't notice a lot of spam. Some shops might but the main point is- Do we want to be like them? Those shops run of spam. Is that worth risking a chance of getting closed?

off-topic posts that come out of nowhere are considered spam. They have nothing to do with the disscusion. Off-topic is usually something that happens as a group not 1-2 people posting things that shouldn't be discussed here.

Read the last few pages and tell me that you don't see at least 1 post per page that shouldn't be there.

Because we're also aware that when there's a lack of sprites to discuss there's nothing to do other than go off-topic. We're also aware that we TRIED to stop off-topic posts and it didn't work. We're also aware that if we did put an end to off-topic posts this thread would probably die. If you really want that, then fine, we'll stop it, but I don't imagine you do. Seriously, if everyone really wants to end it that badly, I'll put a huge effort into doing so. But I feel like no one does, especially since everyone recognizes it'll kill the Poke Center and this thread.

If anyone has any brilliant ideas of how to stop the off-topicness, I'll put it into action and we can see if we really like it that way. No more off-topicness at all. Only shop-related posts, and apparently, no acknowledging sprites unless it has a lengthy post to follow. If you have a good system of consequences for it, let's hear it.

Even though I imagine I'll hate it, if it actually works it might be worth it so we don't have an outrage of "STOP THE SPAM!" every 5 pages.
Seriously, why is everyone SO ANAL about stopping it? Mods are scarce in the Poke Center, but this thread has been open for 4 months now. We were visited by one mod, Xsyven. Considering it's the most popular thread here, don't you think mods have investigated it, seen it, and would've warned us or locked it already if they had a problem with it?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
There's a reason that I no longer frequent this thread THAT I'M A BIG PART OF. Please, Meta-Kirby, save your dignity and stop *****ing. We back you up on certain things (like the contest that you were SPAMMING information about here), but we don't gripe at people like you do with your large, bold fonts, centered text, and stuck-up attitude. Please just calm down.

Spam is measured by how much can fit in a can. There's really not enough to fill a can per page, so spam is minimal at best. This thread is clean as long as we don't respond to spam, as that just fills the pages up more.
thank you Spire, honestly your like a Winston Churchill sometimes;)

M.K

Level 55

I've told people MANY times, and they KEEP ignoring me. This thread sounds like a bunch of IDIOTS sometimes, and that IS NOT COOL. Unless I use the big fonts, people don't listen.
Listen up, that contest was ABOUT SPRITING. It was NOT spam. SPAM is shiit like the Grimer v. Magikarp, totally off-topic and needless.

God ****, this thread makes me so ****ing angry sometimes. Grow up, people.

Also, I haven't seen a god **** sprite out of ANY of you for about a week. I've posted at least FIVE Sprites in the past week, so don't get up my *** about spamming. I've earned my right to talk about shiit that I want. This is a shop, not a gallery, not a bus stop, not a place to TALK about things that aren't on the topic of spriting.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've told people MANY times, and they KEEP ignoring me. This thread sounds like a bunch of IDIOTS sometimes, and that IS NOT COOL. Unless I use the big fonts, people don't listen.
Listen up, that contest was ABOUT SPRITING. It was NOT spam. SPAM is shiit like the Grimer v. Magikarp, totally off-topic and needless.

God ****, this thread makes me so ****ing angry sometimes. Grow up, people.

Also, I haven't seen a god **** sprite out of ANY of you for about a week. I've posted at least FIVE Sprites in the past week, so don't get up my *** about spamming. I've earned my right to talk about shiit that I want. This is a shop, not a gallery, not a bus stop, not a place to TALK about things that aren't on the topic of spriting.
Actually, it's a thread, on a forum, that we really don't have control over. THAT'S what it is.

M.K

Level 55
Actually, it's a thread, on a forum, that we really don't have control over. THAT'S what it is.
So why do we even bother doing sprites any more? Why? We barely talk about them, and it's just a side-thing now. :urg: Am I the only person in this thread that actually enjoys spriting so much that he would defend them?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Or, you know, they may just have lives and not devote it entirely to spriting.

Now that school has started, I'm pretty sure they all have much less time.

M.K

Level 55

I'm in school just the same, and I have alot of extracurricular activities, but I definetly can find a niche of time in order to complete some of the requests.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm in school just the same, and I have alot of extracurricular activities, but I definetly can find a niche of time in order to complete some of the requests.
That's wonderful, but I can't. Not only am I in school and have loads of extra art-related activities, but I also hold up a job. Spriting is not a priority at all.

And for the record, I am working on sprites right now, but I don't want to release them periodically.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

What he said. I have other things going on and I don't have as much time to sprite now. And for about 2 months or so, I was fulfilling requests like crazy and put the shop ahead of other things. I eventually drove myself crazy doing so and had to move my priorities around, putting my sanity and mental health, as well as other things, first, but don't act like you're the only one who's ever been dedicated. And when I was uber dedicated I don't recall criticizing everyone else for not doing so, nor did I claim rights to go off-topic while others can't because of it.

Yeah, you're right, I'm just lazy and I'm choosing not to work in the sprite shop I created. Good call, you caught me, MK.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, you're right, I'm just lazy and I'm choosing not to work in the sprite shop I created. Good call, you caught me, MK.
Ok, don't get arrogant with me. I'm just stating facts, you don't have to attack my character :ohwell:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ok, don't get arrogant with me. I'm just stating facts, you don't have to attack my character :ohwell:
I didn't attack your character. My point was that your logic is flawed.

M.K

Level 55
Whatever, I don't want to deal with this right now.
I'm going away this weekend so I won't be around to bother you...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
All I have to say is that the shop regulars need to understand when something should be stopped.
They need to understand when they spammed and try to stop it from happening again.
Sometimes everyone gets all hyped up and happy that they post stuff that they regret later.
We should try and end that from happening. As for the off-topic debate, all I have to say is that off-topic once in a while keeps the shop running. As I previously said, off-topic and spam are completely different.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Let's just use the mutha f***in group thread to post mutha f***in off-topic posts. Please let somebody
listen to this for once and actually use it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Let's just use the mutha f***in group thread to post mutha f***in off-topic posts. Please let somebody
listen to this for once and actually use it.
Agreed.

If you wanna post off-topic here be my guest but if it is stupid off-topic go to the group thread.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, we get the point, guys. You're beating a dead horse now.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
As much as I like watching Firus get bashed and as witty as that was, you can drop it now, burger king. This is getting flat-out ******** at an alarming rate.

XACE-K

Smash Master
As much as I like watching Firus get bashed and as witty as that was, you can drop it now, burger king. This is getting flat-out ******** at an alarming rate.
Agreed.

Now let's go post in the group thread.

*leaves to go to group thread*

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I already dropped it 2 posts ago. Sorry if you find it offensive firus. I could get rid of it, I just wanted to lighten up the whole gloomy feel everyone is going through right now...

BTW that's the 1st time you called me burger king...

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
When Kirby gets back, I've really gotta compliment him on the great spritework. If he just does a couple more changes to that custom sprite, I'll probably use that at the end of every one of my messages! Kinda like you Bowser King.

XACE-K

Smash Master

You guys don't know how annoying it is to work with a slime body and a bulky one.
it's ratar all over again :p

Looks good to me. Also, is it me or are the front right arm and the back left arm the same but just the mirror image?

zrky

Smash Lol'd

You guys don't know how annoying it is to work with a slime body and a bulky one.
it's ratar all over again :p

hey guys sorry I haven't been on, haven't had much time:urg:

it looks OK, but the bottom left arm looks twisted:confused:, and I agree slim and bulky bodies are a pain in the poopdeck to work with

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
hey guys sorry I haven't been on, haven't had much time:urg:

it looks OK, but the bottom left arm looks twisted:confused:, and I agree slim and bulky bodies are a pain in the poopdeck to work with
:laugh: I know, but since infernape has only 2 arms I had to use him platinum one >_>
plus one of them is doesn't work at all(that's why 2 of his arms are mirror images).
Plus putting 4 arms on at once is evil O_O

off-topic: I got a new sig :D
it has glowing claws :D

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
lol
i knew you'd find someone that could make a better sig than me....:ohwell:
That's not it!!

I looked for your shop everywhere! I finally found one of them but it was closed so I thought you quit or something :ohwell:

By the time I made my request I checked the all stars and saw you worked there V_V
If I knew I would have requested from you :)

sorry for off-topic, it's just snacus is an awesome sig makes so....yeah.

M.K

Level 55
Hey guys, I'm back! And I wanted to say sorry for how stubborn I was before I left....I was pretty agitated but I'm in a good mood now!
I'll be back to working on sprites shortly.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'm back! And I wanted to say sorry for how stubborn I was before I left....I was pretty agitated but I'm in a good mood now!
I'll be back to working on sprites shortly.
It doesn't matter now, we're actually using the group thread now. So your stubborness helped us use it. :D

Top Bottom