• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman

Darkslash, duskinator done from 3 weeks ago

charking is done, lord bowser

any changes you want?

nidoking is ReALLY hard to work with, I had to use his LG/FR sprite

I also put up my green-wartortle and blastoise revamps:)
Looks really nice, all of them.
How about that green-charizard sprite revamp?

M.K

Level 55
I'm gonna do a recap of what I believe my chances are in this round against the other competitors:

bob_is_cool: It's body is elongated and the legs don't LOOK like Luxray's normal legs! It looks shaggy, unlike a normal Luxray. Likeliness of being booted? I wouldn't be too surprised either way.

Hyper Stan: Ugh, That's enough of Torterra. He effectivelly ends now. That Torterra looks like some drunken three-year old drew it. Likeliness of being booted? Pretty high IMO.

JammyU: It's a nice sprite, but it's a sprite that doesn't look like it would fit IN GAME. It is also rather distorted. I appreciate the creativity, though. Likeliness of being booted? I'd be surprised if he was.

Metal-Harpey: Not much bad (OMG I'm listening to Itunes, and the Dora the Explorer theme just came on WTF LOL) I can say about this sprite. Looks pretty good. Likeliness of being booted? No wai!

Crossel: I don't really like sprites that are this small and scrunchy, but it's a good sprite nonetheless. I really don't appreciate his arrogance though. There is an awkward line on Charizard's left belly area. Likeliness of being booted? The ways things are going, I don't think so

Draco_Patil: God, I love this guy. **** the other people for steering him in the wrong direction. His P-Z though is still pretty creative, albeit a....well, tough position. There wasn't much you could do with that. Likeliness of being booted? I certainly hope not! He's a great kid.

Lishus13 (Me): I don't know, I think my sprite is really good! It looks like a natural in-game sprite that could have been in the game! I don't care about flashiness or whatever. The goal was repose, and I did JUST THAT! Likelieness of being booted? I will be angry if I am booted.

Zerinci: Mwaha! Flying under the radar, are we now Zerinci? He's a good spriter, nonetheless, and that Ratata is cute <3. Likelienes of being booted? Nah!

Wavekirby/zrky, if you wanna take a look, here is the link:

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355503

The reposes are on pages 4 and 5. I am Lishus13

EDIT: I HATE Barack Obama.

Wizards Bane

Smash Rookie
……………………………………………………………………
………….,-^’’’*-,...............,•^*’’*^•,……………………………...
………..,-‘.........’-,.........,-‘............’-,……………………………..
……….,’...............’-,....,’.................¯’**^^¯¨’-,…………………..
……….’,..................*’’*.................................’,…………………..
………..’,..............................•.........................’-,………………....
…………’’,...................-,,,_..................•.............¯¨’**^^----,,…....
…………..’-,.......................¯’**^^--,,_..................................’-,.....
…………….’,.....................................¯’**^^-,........................,’.. ..
……………..;......................................................................,-’…...
…………….,’..................................................................,-’……...
…………..,-‘.................................................................,-’…….....
………...,-‘..................................................................,’………....
………,-‘.....................................................................’-,……......
…….,-‘............................................................................’-,……...
…..,-‘..................................................................................’,……..
…..’,....................................................................................’,„…....
……’•,..................................................................................,*…...
………’-,....._,,--~~**~~-,_............._,,--~,,.....................,-‘…......
…………¯**......................¯’*^^*’¯’’..........¯**^**¯*’*’¯…….....

Ditto ftw

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
…………’’,...................-,,,_..................•.............¯¨’**^^----,,…....
…………..’-,.......................¯’**^^--,,_..................................’-,.....
…………….’,.....................................¯’**^^-,........................,’.. ..
……………..;......................................................................,-’…...
…………….,’..................................................................,-’……...
…………..,-‘.................................................................,-’…….....
………...,-‘..................................................................,’………....
………,-‘.....................................................................’-,……......
…….,-‘............................................................................’-,……...
…..,-‘..................................................................................’,……..
…..’,....................................................................................’,„…....
……’•,..................................................................................,*…...

Ditto ftw
Thanks, but we avoid spam in this thread.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Darkslash, duskinator done from 3 weeks ago

charking is done, lord bowser

any changes you want?

nidoking is ReALLY hard to work with, I had to use his LG/FR sprite

I also put up my green-wartortle and blastoise revamps:)
Good job.

The 1st one is really good. The second one I have 1 critisism.....

1) His arm- It's placed in a weird spot, almost like he was pulling his arm inward.
Try to place it a bit more to the left so it looks like his arm is sitting in a neutral/forward (seeing the sprite of nidoking) pose.

Ohh...I got a new friend 'cause my coulor and mini-sig is awesome :D

EDIT: I feel like a complete idiot for double posting at such an obvious time V_V

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm gonna do a recap of what I believe my chances are in this round against the other competitors:

bob_is_cool: It's body is elongated and the legs don't LOOK like Luxray's normal legs! It looks shaggy, unlike a normal Luxray. Likeliness of being booted? I wouldn't be too surprised either way.

Hyper Stan: Ugh, That's enough of Torterra. He effectivelly ends now. That Torterra looks like some drunken three-year old drew it. Likeliness of being booted? Pretty high IMO.

JammyU: It's a nice sprite, but it's a sprite that doesn't look like it would fit IN GAME. It is also rather distorted. I appreciate the creativity, though. Likeliness of being booted? I'd be surprised if he was.

Metal-Harpey: Not much bad (OMG I'm listening to Itunes, and the Dora the Explorer theme just came on WTF LOL) I can say about this sprite. Looks pretty good. Likeliness of being booted? No wai!

Crossel: I don't really like sprites that are this small and scrunchy, but it's a good sprite nonetheless. I really don't appreciate his arrogance though. There is an awkward line on Charizard's left belly area. Likeliness of being booted? The ways things are going, I don't think so

Draco_Patil: God, I love this guy. **** the other people for steering him in the wrong direction. His P-Z though is still pretty creative, albeit a....well, tough position. There wasn't much you could do with that. Likeliness of being booted? I certainly hope not! He's a great kid.

Lishus13 (Me): I don't know, I think my sprite is really good! It looks like a natural in-game sprite that could have been in the game! I don't care about flashiness or whatever. The goal was repose, and I did JUST THAT! Likelieness of being booted? I will be angry if I am booted.

Zerinci: Mwaha! Flying under the radar, are we now Zerinci? He's a good spriter, nonetheless, and that Ratata is cute <3. Likelienes of being booted? Nah!

Wavekirby/zrky, if you wanna take a look, here is the link:

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355503

The reposes are on pages 4 and 5. I am Lishus13

EDIT: I HATE Barack Obama.
Completely agreed on EVERYTHING you said. Yes, that includes the edit. As an attempt not to bring back politics to the thread, I'll leave it at that...because I have quite a rant I could do right now.
But I'll give you a hint: it would've been very similar to the rant I've been meaning to do forever on people here on SmashBoards.

And Wizards Bane...that's great, but that pretty much constitutes as spam unless the topic is ASCII art. And the topic of the thread isn't.

XACE-K

Smash Master

The Rattata is your biggest competition this round. You post to happily on Serebii to me. All your posts seem like you're all hyper and peppy.

M.K

Level 55
The Rattata is your biggest competition this round. You post to happily on Serebii to me. All your posts seem like you're all hyper and peppy.
Haha, but I'm trying to lay low and appear devilishly dimwitted, just so I can **** them and eat their faces later!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Good job.

The 1st one is really good. The second one I have 1 critisism.....

1) His arm- It's placed in a weird spot, almost like he was pulling his arm inward.
Try to place it a bit more to the left so it looks like his arm is sitting in a neutral/forward (seeing the sprite of nidoking) pose.

Ohh...I got a new friend 'cause my coulor and mini-sig is awesome :D

EDIT: I feel like a complete idiot for double posting at such an obvious time V_V

I noticed that about the arm after I finished it, but I didn't want to scratch up the part that would be deleted from moving the arm back, so I just left it. thanks anyway:)

O shi- mindgames.

Who do you think your biggest competition is overall based on their previous sprites?
I would say the guy that made the rattata and the one who made the reskinned milotic

snucas, this is what he made:

Ditto ftw
it's cool, but please, no spam

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Thanks, but we avoid spam in this thread.

That's not spam, that's 100% pure concentrated awesome.

……….’,..................*’’*...................... ...........’,…………………..
………..’,..............................•............ .............’-,………………....
…………….’,.....................................¯’**^ ^-,........................,’.. ..
……………..;.......................................... ............................,-’…...
…………….,’.......................................... ........................,-’……...
…………..,-‘................................................. ................,-’…….....
………...,-‘................................................. .................,’………....
………,-‘................................................. ....................’-,……......
…….,-‘................................................. ...........................’-,……...
…..,-‘................................................. .................................’,……..
…..’,............................................. .......................................’,„…....
……’•,............................................. .....................................,*…...
…………¯**......................¯’*^^*’¯’’..........¯ **^**¯*’*’¯…….....

Ditto owns your soul.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
DA**, I was almost done with mecha charioxis, and then the program i was using just crashes.:mad: sorry, it might have to wait for me to get my inspiration back:urg:
in the meantime il finish my self set challenge of revamping all the green sprites:ohwell:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
That's not spam, that's 100% pure concentrated awesome.

……….’,..................*’’*...................... ...........’,…………………..
………..’,..............................•............ .............’-,………………....
…………….’,.....................................¯’**^ ^-,........................,’.. ..
……………..;.......................................... ............................,-’…...
…………….,’.......................................... ........................,-’……...
…………..,-‘................................................. ................,-’…….....
………...,-‘................................................. .................,’………....
………,-‘................................................. ....................’-,……......
…….,-‘................................................. ...........................’-,……...
…..,-‘................................................. .................................’,……..
…..’,............................................. .......................................’,„…....
……’•,............................................. .....................................,*…...
…………¯**......................¯’*^^*’¯’’..........¯ **^**¯*’*’¯…….....

Ditto owns your soul.
magikarp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ditto>>grimer

karp, karp, karp

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355503&page=7

WTF There IS shading on it -.-

But....scratches are next. That' s intense, I'm scared outta my freaking mind about scratches....
dont worry about what the judge says as long as you get through, she seems a bit dodgy to me with the way she has been scoring and all meh maybe im just paranoid. I also find you seem scarily nice the way you post there "Haha, Akari, there IS shading on those gloves" when i read that i pictured a psychotic serial killer saying it, again myabe im just crazy (which wouldn't be too suprising :laugh: )

M.K

Level 55
dont worry about what the judge says as long as you get through, she seems a bit dodgy to me with the way she has been scoring and all meh maybe im just paranoid. I also find you seem scarily nice the way you post there "Haha, Akari, there IS shading on those gloves" when i read that i pictured a psychotic serial killer saying it, again myabe im just crazy (which wouldn't be too suprising :laugh: )
BAHAHA! You, sir or madam or fish-like entity, just made my day.
Of course I would post nicely, how else would you get to the center of all of there <3's?

Ok, ok, scratches:

I scratched that entire Magnemite just now. Should I enter it?

XACE-K

Smash Master
BAHAHA! You, sir or madam or fish-like entity, just made my day.
Of course I would post nicely, how else would you get to the center of all of there <3's?

Ok, ok, scratches:

I scratched that entire Magnemite just now. Should I enter it?
It's pretty good but I like that whale thing better.

M.K

Level 55
It's pretty good but I like that whale thing better.
Me too D:
I'm just gonna go ahead and enter it, seeing as I'm not gonna do anything else >___>.

Here goes something, or nothing....

As long as i can get passed this round, it'll be smooth sailing until Round 8 or 9!

XACE-K

Smash Master
Me too D:
I'm just gonna go ahead and enter it, seeing as I'm not gonna do anything else >___>.

Here goes something, or nothing....

As long as i can get passed this round, it'll be smooth sailing until Round 8 or 9!
Well was the scratch supposed to be a new pokemon or a fake one? Just wondering...

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Is this still taking suggestions?

I'd like a Magikarp bursting out of a grimer, if that wouldn't be too much trouble.

M.K

Level 55
Is this still taking suggestions?

I'd like a Magikarp bursting out of a grimer, if that wouldn't be too much trouble.
Yep, one of us will take it :D

EDIT: And fuuck, Crossel commented on my Magnemite....let's see what he said -.-

EDIT2: Well, he didn't comment. What a fuucker, he's so overconfident.
It's not THAT good.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
SERIOUS BUISNESS TIME.

All in favor of supporting Karp in the Magikarp vs. Grimer war?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Can I get a shaymin/mewtwo from anyone please.
i really dont care who makes it as long as it looks cool.
i hope it is enough of a challenge for you guys ;)
Claimed.

SERIOUS BUISNESS TIME.

All in favor of supporting Karp in the Magikarp vs. Grimer war?
I prefer Magikarp over Grimer, but I really think this whole "war" thing is pointless, to be honest.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Same here, I just....yeah, haven't even looked at the thread.

Firus, what do you think of Scratched Magnemite?
It looks awesome, MK. Really well done.

Grimer's a SWF meme, and I remember how it all started (unlike all of you n00bs), so I must support Grimer.
Considering the thread's locked now, I don't think there's much point in supporting either side.
Plus, even if it is a SWF meme, Magikarp is still cooler than Grimer...I don't base the Pokemon I like on memes.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
yay, finally got on:)
nice magnemite MK, it looks good:)

I prefer grimer, but for the situation, it's magikarp

-FINAL SPLASH

XACE-K

Smash Master
Grimer's a SWF meme, and I remember how it all started (unlike all of you n00bs), so I must support Grimer.
I'm not a n00b, I'm an 07er. The n00bs came a year later.
No offense to Firus, Spire, zrky and Skyler.You guys aren't like the usual 08ers.

Top Bottom