• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
:link:
@XACE-K:
I see. I must've overlooked that rule.
Fair enough though. Thanks.
Sorry. Homework keeps pilling up V_V

I promise I'll have it done before the weekend comes :) (hopefully with transparent background :D).

Looked over the sprites in the contest again and I have to say, the rhyperior one isn't very well done. It's head is deformed :/

Stan's is one of my favs. Very well done IMO.

:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Argh, yes! I totally agree. Not only is it nowhere near an "awesome, for-sure" sprite, but it actually looks sort of messy to me. I always try to be nice, because even if I don't win, god ****, I want that consolation prize >.>
Yeah. When you look at it in-depth, it doesn't look quite as messy, but right off the bat it actually came off as pretty poorly made and I was shocked that the guy would make such a comment.
Looking at it zoomed 8x though, I noticed that the right leg looks a little funny, as well as the stomach. And there's a bulge at the first part of the tail, which I can't seem to understand why it's there.

Consolation prize? What are you talking about? They're giving you consolidation, remember? :p

There are missing pixels to the right of the head and along the shell line. Some points WILL be taken off for that.
Ah, I didn't notice that. You're right, they'll definitely take off for that.
I think that one might have a chance to get knocked out, too.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
MK, you have competition, but it's not a big deal, Xace, I agree I liked the beedrill/scyther;)

ill upload later when I have more time

ugh, homework:urg:

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Pixel Arts are REALLY hard >_<'
did you do that? nice.

well using a method taught to me by a great person, all you do is draw on paper how you want, scan, outline with black color(on computer) and then just fill in the rest, it's REALLY easy that way;)

Spire

III
BRoomer

Spire, HOW in the world did you do this. This is my absolute favorite sprite I have ever seen in my years as a spriter. Could you PLEASE share some of your amazing talent with me? How....HOW did you do this?
I draw it. Not much more to explain now, is there?

Hey, that reminds me. I should finish my Regi trio. I have Regimagma, so what else could I make? Since Regimagma is Fire/Rock, should the other two be ____/Ice and ____/Steel? Advanced cousins to the already existing Regi trio. Perhaps I should also make Regiflame like originally requested. Actually, I really want to make that, along with a possible grass-type Regi.

XACE-K

Smash Master
FUCK YES! GET IT DONE. XACE!

Eh, I'll let it slide, home doggie doggie slobber wobber blubber bobble flip wagon homie g
F*** YEAH!!!

I draw it. Not much more to explain now, is there?

Hey, that reminds me. I should finish my Regi trio. I have Regimagma, so what else could I make? Since Regimagma is Fire/Rock, should the other two be ____/Ice and ____/Steel? Advanced cousins to the already existing Regi trio. Perhaps I should also make Regiflame like originally requested. Actually, I really want to make that, along with a possible grass-type Regi.
Regimagma is Fire/Rock so I think the other 2 should be

Electric/Steel (thinking it should be a robot-like Regi)
and
Poison/Ice (idk why,wierdness FTsomething )

I would also like to see a grass type Regi.

Spire

III
BRoomer
water/ice and ground/steel? or too cliche?
Well, I'm trying to go with what would work naturally. Rock can naturally become magma if heated, but Ice is really only relevant to water, so perhaps that my be the path to go...

As for steel, it could of course be associated with electricity, but... hmm.

M.K

Level 55
Well, I'm trying to go with what would work naturally. Rock can naturally become magma if heated, but Ice is really only relevant to water, so perhaps that my be the path to go...

Ice/Electric
Steel/Fighting.

You can make swords out of steel which are used to fight.

You can use electricity to power a refrigerator.....hehe....

Spire

III
BRoomer
F*** YEAH!!!

Regimagma is Fire/Rock so I think the other 2 should be

Electric/Steel (thinking it should be a robot-like Regi)
and
Poison/Ice (idk why,wierdness FTsomething )

I would also like to see a grass type Regi.
I'll just make as many regis as I possibly can. I love the idea of regis so much. If they weren't so poorly designed, they'd be my favorite Pokemon.

Perhaps I'll even do my own renditions of what I think the regis should look like. I think I may do one for every type now that I think about it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

I would go with rock/steel, because steel comes from iron and something else. iron is taken from iron ores which are basically rock so that would be me. or electric/steel like you and xace mentioned

M.K

Level 55
I'll just make as many regis as I possibly can. I love the idea of regis so much. If they weren't so poorly designed, they'd be my favorite Pokemon.

Perhaps I'll even do my own renditions of what I think the regis should look like. I think I may do one for every type now that I think about it.
Try an Electric/Flying Regi. (Sort of like how a windmill provides electricity)

zrky

Smash Lol'd

I would like to see a water regi:)

poison/bug would fit together, since many insects, arachnids, anthropods(bugs) use poison as a defense
or poison/ground, thinking of snakes, which usually are either arboreal or ground animals and the stereotypical snake uses poison so...yeah

XACE-K

Smash Master
I would like to see a water regi:)

poison/bug would fit together, since many insects, arachnids, anthropods(bugs) use poison as a defense
or poison/ground, thinking of snakes, which usually are either arboreal or ground animals and the stereotypical snake uses poison so...yeah
The usual tpes are okay but I would like to see different combination of types sometimes. It would be more intersting. (Electric/Poison anyone?)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ice/Electric
Steel/Fighting.

You can make swords out of steel which are used to fight.

You can use electricity to power a refrigerator.....hehe....
Fighting/Steel with swords is awesome. Love that idea.

As for Ice... how about Grass/Ice? It could be a frozen plant-type Regi. I don't care that Fire would annihilate this Pokemon, I'm a conceptual person.

You know what; screw the Regis, I'm going to make completely new Pokemon. You'll see (although the fighting/steel will continue as an idea).

EDIT: I will still do my Regis.

XACE-K

Smash Master

As for Ice... how about Grass/Ice? It could be a frozen plant-type Regi. I don't care that Fire would annihilate this Pokemon, I'm a conceptual person.

You know what; screw the Regis, I'm going to make completely new Pokemon. You'll see (although the fighting/steel will continue as an idea).
I like the Fighting/Steel idea. And yay for new pokemon. What about Water/Grass? I imagine a seaweed like pokemon.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

EDIT: I will still do my Regis.
Abomasnow applauds your originality.

I'd love to see a Poison-Steel something, btw. Some kind of gnarly robot spewing black smoke, or a monster from an industrial waste park. Bwahaha.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Abomasnow applauds your originality.

I'd love to see a Poison-Steel something, btw. Some kind of gnarly robot spewing black smoke, or a monster from an industrial waste park. Bwahaha.
Zook, you should know that I don't care to remember anything from 4th Gen. I'm a 1st Gen fanboy so everything after that (and 2nd Gen) is pretty foreign to me, despite my experience with 3rd and 4th Gen.

Abomasnow does not exist in my book.

And Poison/Steel must be made. I'm on a frenzy, so I shall make many, many Pokemon.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Zook, you should know that I don't care to remember anything from 4th Gen. I'm a 1st Gen fanboy so everything after that (and 2nd Gen) is pretty foreign to me, despite my experience with 3rd and 4th Gen.

Abomasnow does not exist in my book.

And Poison/Steel must be made. I'm on a frenzy, so I shall make many, many Pokemon.
So sorry, Spire! I forgot about that. I hope you can come up with something as cool as a an abomidable pine tree monster. And Poison-Steel would be just too cool.

XACE-K

Smash Master
So sorry, Spire! I forgot about that. I hope you can come up with something as cool as a an abomidable pine tree monster. And Poison-Steel would be just too cool.
lol at Zook's mindgames.

Poison/Steel would be cool. Especially since Steel is impervious to Poison. That means Spire should also make a

Electric/Ground
Ground/Flying
Dark/Psychic
Ghost/Normal

Hooray for wierd types.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Zook......you're awesome :p

Fighting/steel = lucario

to tell the truth, 1st gen wasn't vey creative. We hade the everyday things like a tiger, snake, bird. Each gen after has went up creativity wise. May thee pokemon even look dumb, there far more creative then 1st gen*

Disclaimer: I do not hate 1st gen. It was in fact the first pokemon game I got (obviously). That shows that I'm an oldy (no I'm not above 17 years old). I love 1st gen and have no intent to hurt fanboys/ 1st gen lovers (including me).
This is a cheap rip off of Mcfox's disclaimer.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Fighting/steel = lucario

to tell the truth, 1st gen wasn't vey creative. We hade the everyday things like a tiger, snake, bird. Each gen after has went up creativity wise. May thee pokemon even look dumb, there far more creative then 1st gen*
So in other words you're saying you'd prefer a piece of rainbow excrement over an animal?

XACE-K

Smash Master

Disclaimer: I do not hate 1st gen. It was in fact the first pokemon game I got (obviously). That shows that I'm an oldy (no I'm not above 17 years old). I love 1st gen and have no intent to hurt fanboys/ 1st gen lovers (including me).
Well I just like the 1st gen more than all the others. The first pokemon games I played were 1st gen (duh) and most of my favorite pokemon was from the 1st gen.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Fighting/steel = lucario

I find the 1st Gen to be the most personal, and not just because it was so close to me, but because the Pokemon were the most convincing. Yeah, they were simpler, but to this day, they remain the closest to real-world animals and things (Magnemite and Voltorb families), with only a few deviants like Mewtwo, who amongst many more "realistic" Pokemon, still seemed convincing (sans Mr. Mime and Jynx). You couldn't pull off another Mewtwo, as could you not another Tauros, Butterfree, Diglett, or, well, any of the 1st Genners.

Anyways, kudos to Zook for being a prick, and yes, I will definitely do the Poison/Steel Pokemon that you fellers are requestin'. I added a "Projects" section to my OP, so check up on that to see what I have planned.

M.K

Level 55
So in other words you're saying you'd prefer a piece of rainbow excrement over an animal?
Exactly.

1st Gen- Animals represented by Pokemon (Turtle, Lizard, Dog, Cat)

2nd Gen- More Obscure Animals represented by Pokemon (Owl, Ferret, Deer)

3rd Gen- Obscure Plants and Different Takes on same animals (Rose, Stomach, Different Type of Dogs)

4th Gen- Mythical Animals and Very Obscure Animal Deformations (Spring Cat, Plasma Wisp, Mythical Time Travelers)

EDIT: And I love to raise 1st Gen Pokemon, but does anyone find that their stats seem to be generally lower and not as well spread out than later generations?

Spire

III
BRoomer
EDIT: And I love to raise 1st Gen Pokemon, but does anyone find that their stats seem to be generally lower and not as well spread out than later generations?
My friend has a Lv. 47 Dragonaire that can take down any Lv. 100 Pokemon, and has taken down two Nidokings and a Mewtwo in the same match without revival. He is currently raising a Jolteon the same way.

The verdict - 1st Gen owns.

M.K

Level 55
My friend has a Lv. 47 Dragonaire that can take down any Lv. 100 Pokemon, and has taken down two Nidokings and a Mewtwo in the same match without revival. He is currently raising a Jolteon the same way.

The verdict - 1st Gen owns.
Hahahaha *Happy Wooper-Like Smile*

*Serious Face* Hacker.

*Happy Wooper-Face* JUST KIDDING!

1st Gen DOES own. Can anyone guess my favorite Pokemon? It be Poliwag.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hahahaha *Happy Wooper-Like Smile*

*Serious Face* Hacker.

*Happy Wooper-Face* JUST KIDDING!

1st Gen DOES own. Can anyone guess my favorite Pokemon? It be Poliwag.
More like Toxic to Wrap = hundreds of damage. By the way, this is on Red version. He's playing it again because 1ST GEN OWNS.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YOU PEOPLE HAVE IT WRONG, it's
3rd>>1st>>>>>>2nd>>>>>>>>>platinum>>>>>>>>>>>>Shaymin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D/P>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Skymin(a.k.a. failed potato)

XACE-K

Smash Master
YOU PEOPLE HAVE IT WRONG, it's
3rd>>1st>>>>>>2nd>>>>>>>>>platinum>>>>>>>>>>>>Shaymin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D/P>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Skymin(a.k.a. failed potato)
Nope.

Mewtwo>Charizard>>>Gyarados>>Blastoise>>a bunch of other>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a bunch of others pt.2>>>>>>>>>>>a bunch of others pt.3>>>>>>>>>>>Jiggs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4th gen failures

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Nope.

Mewtwo>Charizard>>>Gyarados>>Blastoise>>a bunch of other>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a bunch of others pt.2>>>>>>>>>>>a bunch of others pt.3>>>>>>>>>>>Jiggs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4th gen failures(excluding empoleon and piplup)
fix'd
10:007:s

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ending this discussion >>>>> all.

A_man13

Smash Master
Exactly.

1st Gen- Animals represented by Pokemon (Turtle, Lizard, Dog, Cat)

2nd Gen- More Obscure Animals represented by Pokemon (Owl, Ferret, Deer)

3rd Gen- Obscure Plants and Different Takes on same animals (Rose, Stomach, Different Type of Dogs)

4th Gen- Mythical Animals and Very Obscure Animal Deformations (Spring Cat, Plasma Wisp, Mythical Time Travelers)

I believe the EV systems were diferent.

Top Bottom