• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

XACE-K

Smash Master
Instead of my Magikarp + Charizard request, can I replace it with a Vespiquen + Kangaskhan request?

Replace it or else Jigglyoclefairyman will eat you.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Instead of my Magikarp + Charizard request, can I replace it with a Vespiquen + Kangaskhan request?

Replace it or else Jigglyoclefairyman will eat you.
Replace...? Can't you just make it a separate request?

And to answer your question, jigglyppuff8, we'll use any Pokemon sprites given that we can find them, or if we can't, you can supply them for us. At least, I will -- I can't speak for anyone else, although I don't imagine they'd have a problem.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Replace...? Can't you just make it a separate request?

And to answer your question, jigglyppuff8, we'll use any Pokemon sprites given that we can find them, or if we can't, you can supply them for us. At least, I will -- I can't speak for anyone else, although I don't imagine they'd have a problem.
Yeah, I can use other sprites as well. I really don't have a problem with it as long as it is a pokemon sprite.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
RaymanFan3, I finished Ice/Ghost Azelf and the Ice/Ghost Azelf with Venomoth wings.

XACE-K

Smash Master
well they aren't that hard, how long does it need to be?
I forget, I need to check. If I focus, I could do it quick but since
the very last Met game at Shea Stadium will be on,
it will be very hard to concentrate.

Anyway, replace my Magizard with my Vespikhan or Jigglyoclefairyman will kill you Firus.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I forget, I need to check. If I focus, I could do it quick but since
the very last Met game at Shea Stadium will be on,
it will be very hard to concentrate.

Anyway, replace my Magizard with my Vespikhan or Jigglyoclefairyman will kill you Firus.

well for me if I wait till the day before it's due around 5:00pm then I have more pressure so i write faster, and get done.

Ill take the Vespiqueen/Khangaskan;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
you and your fancy photoshop effects:lick:
it does look good, how do you make them, I might be able to do that with GIMP
Technically you could do it, I think. It would just be a lot more difficult.
GIMP has layers and the ability to change the visibility of different layers, right? Basically it's just a small area around the object a certain color, and that area of color is slightly less visible. But it wouldn't look the same even if you did something to that extent, because looking at it the color slightly varies from pixel to pixel, kind of like a real-life photo. Photoshop just has a filter that automatically does it.

I'm over my Magiakrp craze so I want something else. Come on Firus, do it for me. :D

Also, I like the Freezelf's.
Thanks.

the freezelfs kinda sortov maybe not look like smurfs:dizzy:
Wow, you're right. I wouldn't have thought so, but they do look like Smurfs in a way.

Why replace? I want to do the request. I'll add Vespikhan but I won't remove Magizard.

XACE-K

Smash Master
well for me if I wait till the day before it's due around 5:00pm then I have more pressure so i write faster, and get done.

Ill take the Vespiqueen/Khangaskan;)
My teacher for some reason wants us to type the report and e-mail it to her. O_o
Yes, it somehow scares me.

And yay for taking it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
My teacher for some reason wants us to type the report and e-mail it to her. O_o

And yay for taking it.

In 7th my PE teacher told us we could optionally e-mail her the essay/report on whatever sport we chose. A teacher WANTING you to email it is not very common. Maybe she just wan't to make sure you don't procrastinate(me)

by the way, do you go to school in a "regular"place or in the city in one of the tall buildings

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

And yay for taking it.
You could always use Gmail.
There's an option to set the time you sent it to a previous time, like "6 hours ago".

I know, I saw.

Ok you don't have to replace it, you can do it. I just need to tell the freaks not to kill you.
You don't need to tell them. They like me. ;)

Maybe she just wan't to make sure you don't procrastinate(me)
That's probably it.

I finished Gyarados/Garchomp/Tyranitar, Yaya.

XACE-K

Smash Master
In 7th my PE teacher told us we could optionally e-mail her the essay/report on whatever sport we chose. A teacher WANTING you to email it is not very common. Maybe she just wan't to make sure you don't procrastinate(me)

by the way, do you go to school in a "regular"place or in the city in one of the tall buildings
I go to school in a regular place. If I got a 570 or higher on the SHSAT, I could've gone to Stuyvesant which is in the city and one of the highest ranking high-scholls in the US (In the top 15 I think) but I didn't. I got a 530 and I go to S.I Tech which is right here in Staten Island and also a good school (In the top 25 for the same list).

You could always use Gmail.
There's an option to set the time you sent it to a previous time, like "6 hours ago".
Yeah but I'll just use my regular e-mail thing.

You don't need to tell them. They like me. ;)
O rly?

That's probably it.
Possibly.

I finished Gyarados/Garchomp/Tyranitar, Yaya.
F***ing awesome.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I go to school in a regular place. If I got a 570 or higher on the SHSAT, I could've gone to Stuyvesant which is in the city and one of the highest ranking high-scholls in the US (In the top 15 I think) but I didn't. I got a 530 and I go to S.I Tech which is right here in Staten Island and also a good school (In the top 25 for the same list).

F***ing awesome.

one of the schools in this little known city I live in got put in the top 20 and I think the one I go to is top 25 also.

ditto to the fusion

XACE-K

Smash Master
one of the schools in this little known city I live in got put in the top 20 and I think the one I go to is top 25 also.
That's one of the reasons my parents forced me to go there. If I passed the test, I had to go because it was so good. I didn't want to go (most of my friends were going somewhere else) but they forced me to. At least a few of my friends go so that's good.

The fusion is still awesome.

M.K

Level 55
Does anyone see my avatar, now?

All the entries have been entered, we are just waiting for Akari to log on and judge >_>'

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Does anyone see my avatar, now?

All the entries have been entered, we are just waiting for Akari to log on and judge >_>'
Actually, I saw it before, but not anymore.

And yeah, avatar problems are still there. For some reason, I upload my avatar and then the next day it's gone, so I have to re-upload it every day. I'm not going to bother until it's fixed, since I don't think anyone else can see it anyways...

zrky

Smash Lol'd
zrky where is the charizard nidoking fusion? it was taken off the claimed list but i don't see it

well I did finish it, but I haven't had time to put in on my computer and upload. so if I have time I will update today. silent Falcon, sorry yours is taking a while, but I want the mecha to look really good:)
especially since charioxys, as you might see by avi. is one of my favorites

M.K

Level 55
Sorry guys! My parents have a habit of going on random Holidays, so I couldn't get online ><

I'm Judging now ^^

EDIT: Here are the results:

1. Hyper Stan
Round 2 Entry:
Gastrodon/Torterra

8.5/10
I like what you've done here ^^ However, the shell lines are a bit straight and there seems to be three legs on each side. However, I have to say brilliant scratching on the back! ^^

2. alli940
Round 2 Entry:

Arbok/Gyarados
9.5/10
I like this. I like this alot =D The only reason it isn't the full 10/10 is that I feel that maybe the head could've been a tiny bit lower than it is, though I know you did put it in the original Arbok place =3

3.Crossel
Round 2 Entry:
Dialga/Lucario

10/10
Oh wow.... I can't fault that. That's just... well, brilliant! Well done ^^

4.Xenonium
Round 2 Entry:

Bonsly/Mime. Jr.
7.5/10
Cute ^-^ It's an adventurous thing you've done here, but the shading does look a little weird, and there are a few missing pixels. However, 'tis still good ^^

5.Zerinci
Round 2 Entry:
Cradily/Arbok

Just to clarify, i'm marking the one on the left.

10/10
And I have to say, I love what you've done with the face ^^ 'tis very clever ^^

6.Draco_Patil
Round 2 Entry:
Teddiursa/Bellossom

10/10
Aww, that's adorable <3 Very cute, and very well done ^^

7.Lishus13
Round 2 Entry:
Staraptor/Pidgeot

9.5/10
I like this ^^ However, I feel that you should've recoloured the edges in the corresponding colour, not just in black. But that's just me =3

9.bob_is_cool
Round 2 Entry:
Houndoom/Growlithe

8.5/10
I have to say that Houndoom's colours suit Growlithe alot =D And I like what you've done with this ^^ However, there's a weird black patch on the white hair thingy on it's head and a missing pixel on it's belly that stick out for me. Still a very good sprite though ^^

10.MetalHarpey
Round 2 Entry:
Milotic/Omastar

10/10
Another very clever sprite! I LOVE what you've done with the tail, and the spines look really good too ^^ Well done ^^

11. JammyU
Round 2 Entry:
Magcargo/Garchomp
10/10
There's a lot of sprites I can't fault this round, and this is another one of them =D I like the little flame you added, just adds a little something to the sprite ^^

So at the end of this round, Xenonium is out. I do like your sprite, and can I just say keep at it ^^

Alright, so the next round is... remixes! Let's see what you can do ^^
Thank ****ing god.

EDIT: Next round is fusions.....I am thinking of entering Azoink.....(check my shop page).....what do you think? Any suggestions?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thank ****ing god.

EDIT: Next round is fusions.....I am thinking of entering Azoink.....(check my shop page).....what do you think? Any suggestions?
Yay! The judge has sense. Although I hope the 7.5 was just a courtesy (which I understand, you don't tell someone "YOU SUCK GO AWAY YOU GET A 0/10!" even if they deserve it), because it really wasn't well done.

As for the next round, I'm not entirely sure where to draw the line between fusions and reskins (a lot of things I normally would've defined as fusions seem to be reskins), but if Aggpedo is a fusion I'd put that one in. There's a reason I put that one on the banner, I really love it.

I looked at it zoomed in to see if there were any minor flaws in recoloring or anything, since you got points off for it last time, and before you enter it, I'd just recommend looking at some of the coloring around the blue parts. There seems to be some gray mixed in there, and while I don't think it detracts from the sprite, especially not unless you're zooming in, I'd suggest doing that just to ensure maximum points.

And I'm just going to go on the record as saying Hyper Stan likes Torterra a little too much. He's entered something involving Torterra for every round thus far.

Finally,

Everyone who competes will also get a special consolidation prize.
Congrats, MK! Even if you don't win you get to have consolidation.
Wrong word choice for the lose.

And I'm just going to go on the record as saying Hyper Stan likes Torterra a little too much. He's entered something involving Torterra for every round thus far.

Wrath`

Smash Master
So... I can't see some poeples avatars.
So how is everyone, I will be on more often I was just being lazy last week.

On topic: there are a lot of nice fussion in this contest

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Bah, I just realized there's no type change round. Not that you couldn't enter it in the final round (which is your best sprite), but still. Peophina could easily have been the option for that round.

Your best sprite...that's going to be very hard to choose. Choosing anyone's best sprite would be hard.

M.K

Level 55

or

(subtle change to lightest color on beak)

Introducing: Pelligon-Z

The FUTURE of mail delivery!

What about THIS GUY for the contest ^^^?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

or

(subtle change to lightest color on beak)

Introducing: Pelligon-Z

The FUTURE of mail delivery!

What about THIS GUY for the contest ^^^?
Personally, I like Aggpedo better. It's not that it's bad, it's just that I love Aggpedo a lot. But I see you've already submitted it, so it's a moot point.

Top Bottom