• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I haven't posted here in a loong time...

Looking at the quote in the post above Spire's, I see some pretty nice fusions. I always enjoy looking at what shows up here. ^^

Spire

III
BRoomer

Looking at the quote in the post above Spire's, I see some pretty nice fusions. I always enjoy looking at what shows up here. ^^
We didn't make those (sans one that MK did). They are contestants in a contest that Meta-Kirby is a part of, so we've been judging them.

M.K

Level 55

Haha, majora, don't take those work as OUR work. Those are the contestants I am competing against in a spriting competition. I made it past the first round (it's elimination style) and now we are on the second round.

If you could, how would you rate the Pidgeot-Staraptor "Reskin" compared to the other reskins in the second quote above Spire's post?

@Spire, thank you so much, you are the best spriter I know, and coming from you, your compliments mean so much. I now understand that "technical merit" plays a bigger role than "visual aethstics" in this competition.

BTW EVERYBODY:

Gillian >:p
Ken Dropped the Pen!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Only...except for two of those, none of them are from us. >.>

In any case, I'm working on the Mismagius edits. Again, I will have them done tonight. I'm sorry I've been so non-dedicated recently, I have so much going on and as it is I'm burning the candle at both ends.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Only...except for two of those, none of them are from us. >.>

In any case, I'm working on the Mismagius edits. Again, I will have them done tonight. I'm sorry I've been so non-dedicated recently, I have so much going on and as it is I'm burning the candle at both ends.
Give me some of that wax please.

I'm considering working on some sprites for the first time in a long time.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I finally uploaded all of the Mismagiuses, as well as updating the Mirror Coat one. I made it to be kind of like a reflector rather than looking similar to Reflect. Hope you find them satisfactory, sonofthesky.
But yeah, turns out that on top of everything else, I'm sick! Yay.

And MK, could you link us to the thread so we can check it out?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I finally uploaded all of the Mismagiuses, as well as updating the Mirror Coat one. I made it to be kind of like a reflector rather than looking similar to Reflect. Hope you find them satisfactory, sonofthesky.
But yeah, turns out that on top of everything else, I'm sick! Yay.

And MK, could you link us to the thread so we can check it out?
They're all good, especially the Mirror Coat one.

Also too bad about you being sick. Just relax and you can take a break on sprites IMO. I'm not too sure about the others.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone want to make a Pichu+ Zubat fusion? If you do, then use Pichu as the base and maybe you could give him no eyes, Zubat's mouth, ears, and wings. I'm dying to see how this will turn out. :laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They're all good, especially the Mirror Coat one.

Also too bad about you being sick. Just relax and you can take a break on sprites IMO. I'm not too sure about the others.
Thanks.

I'll try to take it easy, but with my lack of dedication lately I feel like I should do at least one or two sprites this weekend.

Praise firus.

HAIL.
HAIL.
Thank you, I'm glad you like them.

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.

I'll try to take it easy, but with my lack of dedication lately I feel like I should do at least one or two sprites this weekend.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them.
From now on, I am going to put "Dedicated to firus" After epic posts on bulbagarden.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Haha, majora, don't take those work as OUR work. Those are the contestants I am competing against in a spriting competition. I made it past the first round (it's elimination style) and now we are on the second round.

If you could, how would you rate the Pidgeot-Staraptor "Reskin" compared to the other reskins in the second quote above Spire's post?

@Spire, thank you so much, you are the best spriter I know, and coming from you, your compliments mean so much. I now understand that "technical merit" plays a bigger role than "visual aethstics" in this competition.

BTW EVERYBODY:

Gillian >:p
Ken Dropped the Pen!
You guys completely mistranslated. I said they were nice. I never once said I thought they were yours. ._. I'm not THAT clueless.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
hey, guys sorry I haven't been on :(
I got three requests done, but i need to update so tomorrow youll see them :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
RaymanFan3, I finished the Ghost/Dark Azelf.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
can youi please do a rayquaza with hunter cross? try to use both bases and see who works out the coolest

zrky

Smash Lol'd
No, I would post in other threads. Except this thread is more fun and friendly.

it's true

I was thinking, directed at firus and Spire, if chill sees this OK, but should you guys ask him if the shop can be stickied, because it keeps the PC alive for the most part and it's the place where almost every PC usual goes to. so what do you think?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
IMO, a place like a request shop, shouldn't be stickied unless the entire community can contribute to the service. (i.e. GTS, Image request thread, Ask a question, get a simple answer.) My reasoning for this is because it would make some members (the shop owners) seem higher than everyone else. Also, a separate group could create their own thread for competition, but it wouldn't be much if a stickied thread already existed. (i.e. Attempts to create a "_____ will critique your sigs" thread in the artwork emporium.)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
IMO, a place like a request shop, shouldn't be stickied unless the entire community can contribute to the service. (i.e. GTS, Image request thread, Ask a question, get a simple answer.)
yea your right, I was just throwing out the idea

XACE-K

Smash Master
I was thinking, directed at firus and Spire, if chill sees this OK, but should you guys ask him if the shop can be stickied, because it keeps the PC alive for the most part and it's the place where almost every PC usual goes to. so what do you think?
This shouldn't get stickied. Even though this keeps the PC alive, it isn't REALLY important. More important things should get stickied.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
This shouldn't get stickied. Even though this keeps the PC alive, it isn't REALLY important. More important things should get stickied.
like what, the "creating the best team..." got closed, GTS doesn't seem to be in use, the "net battle registry" isn't used anymore, and EV training only get's used a couple times.
I understand this shouldn't get stickied, but it looks weird that the stickie threads aren't used much:ohwell:

/not angry rant

Top Bottom