• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Spire

III
BRoomer
weird... mine appears to me... darn:(. Zook, I can see your avatar but not spire's Firus' or MK's. I haven't seen any red boxes to me it just says ____'s avatar where the avatar should be.

Edit: 3999th post lol.
EDIT: Thought you meant your 4000th, not the shop's. Well cool, I got it! HAWHAW.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Does my avatar still appear?

Meta-Kirby, I'm sure you'll do fine. I really like the Garchomp and Milotic though.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
*Starts playing "Bad Day"*

That must stink, especially with the headache. I for one find your posts intelegent and your opinions well informed; something really rare at smashboards nowerdays. Just shake it off and get some rest.
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

Ha, that one is really cool. ...That Milotic will win though.

@ Firus and the LH thing: What've I been telling you all these months? :laugh: I kid!
What do you mean? (I know it's a joke, but I don't get it. And yes, I am slow.)

For real O_o

I only have to beat out ONE other sprite to move on though....so I really hope I do!
I'm sure you will, you're a great spriter. I can't say for sure that you'll win -- as good of a spriter as you are, I don't really know what others are capable of.

Also where is your page (for requests and stuff) in this shop MK?
Try checking the first post...:ohwell:

I've got Torchic/Hippowdon for you guys.

Oh my god...can someone please help me slap some reasoning into this moron, or at least shut him up? I'm getting a little sick of his nonsense, biased posts.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193990&page=4

zrky

Smash Lol'd
zook, xace, and skyler, your avi's show up, the rest is just _______'s avatar. Firus, i like the Kippochik (yes, I spelled it with a K)

wow, it's been busy today

XACE-K

Smash Master
zook, xace, and skyler, your avi's show up, the rest is just _______'s avatar. Firus, i like the Kippochik (yes, I spelled it with a K)

wow, it's been busy today
Yay.

Are you happy? You finally got your 2 pages in one day.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I think Zook was referring to how he's, "the best requester ever," and how he has said that for ages now.
But he is.

He takes thinks of the wierdest ideas and you guys make them exist. Every one of his requests have made me laugh. Especially the Pimptaria that said "B**** owe me money" or something like that before it was taken down.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I think Zook was referring to how he's, "the best requester ever," and how he has said that for ages now.
Actually, it was a reference as to how I never agree with Firus in any debate of any kind. By 'LH' I was referring to the Light House, where Firus said he was getting bashed for his ideas.

...Not that the whole 'best requester' thing isn't true, Spire. And thanks, Xace.

M.K

Level 55
Argh, I'm really tired of changes around here. That whole wave of "tags" and "post bit moves" and "layout change" really wasn't all that good, and now this?
What is in store for us? Will there even BE a Poke Center forums anymore D:?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Argh, I'm really tired of changes around here. That whole wave of "tags" and "post bit moves" and "layout change" really wasn't all that good, and now this?
What is in store for us? Will there even BE a Poke Center forums anymore D:?
What, you don't like how SWF is now part of MLG? I really don't care about it. As long as I don't keep getting directed to the MLG website, I'm good.

I don't think there will ever be a PC forums until we finally get a mod here who frequently visits.

And you're welcome Zook.

M.K

Level 55
@Smaci92:

Introducing: Wyvachu!

I tried to make him green, be he wasn't appealing to the eyes....so I made him a more natural brown =D I hope you likey.

Spire

III
BRoomer
wow. All I can think of is getting bit by that thing... ow...
Hahaha, my exact thoughts. Reminds me slightly of the Mynocks from Star Wars (spacebats seen inside the Space Slug that Han and pals hid in to evade Vader during Empire Strikes Back).

Wyvachu has got to be the absolute stupidest (in terms of intelligence) Pokemon ever to exist.

smaci92

Smash Lord
@Smaci92:

Introducing: Wyvachu!

I tried to make him green, be he wasn't appealing to the eyes....so I made him a more natural brown =D I hope you likey.
lol. I love it...It's going in my sig section!! It looks just as funny as I wanted it to look! :chuckle: Thanks a lot metakirby :bee:

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Reminds me slightly of the Mynocks from Star Wars (spacebats seen inside the Space Slug that Han and pals hid in to evade Vader during Empire Strikes Back).
lol. Now that you mention it, it does remind me of those!:laugh: MK you should do another version of Wyvachu with more bat-like features, like bat-ears and no eyes and or something.

M.K

Level 55
(Female)
(Male)

Introducing: Bagward!

A lonely bag Pokemon that seeks acceptance. It's only prized possesion of any sorts is the paper lunch bag that Bagward wears.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
:link:
That's hot! I love how I request things and I love how you make them!
But, does it have to have a white background? If not, could you please take that out.

Can't wait for my Machamp+Infernape.:)
Yeah V_V

I'm a noob who dosen't have photoshop :(

-:bowser:Bowser King

XACE-K

Smash Master

I used giratina's head piece as a necklace.
Evil Scepatina is evil.

(Female)
(Male)

A lonely bag Pokemon that seeks acceptance. It's only prized possesion of any sorts is the paper lunch bag that Bagward wears.
Reminds me of a Spongebob episode but I'm not sure which one. All I know is that during it, Spongebob wears a box over him.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
(Female)
(Male)

THAT IS AWESOME.

Seriously, that's hilarious AND well-made. Awesome job, MK.

Working on some requests...I promise to get all of the Mismagius requests done by the end of the day.

M.K

Level 55
THAT IS AWESOME.

Seriously, that's hilarious AND well-made. Awesome job, MK.

Working on some requests...I promise to get all of the Mismagius requests done by the end of the day.
:O!

You really like it? Truly? Awesome!!!!!
I needed a scratched sprite to enter for the contest (Haven't heard back to see if my sprite got through or not).

And WTF, Xace, Spire, bowser, remember that Blue Charmander? That got a 9/10 and my Sunsetsaur got a 8/10.....-.-

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

I needed a scratched sprite to enter for the contest (Haven't heard back to see if my sprite got through or not).

And WTF, Xace, Spire, bowser, remember that Blue Charmander? That got a 9/10 and my Sunsetsaur got a 8/10.....-.-
O_O you're joking right?
That thing was ********. All he did was use 2 shades of blue.
Did the judge tell why it got that rating. I really wan't to know what went wrong with him :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

XACE-K

Smash Master
Spammy spammy
Thank you for that because that's basically what your post was.

Great, now I'm being an a**hole about the rules. >_>

Edit: No, I'm not changing my color of the words. When I changed the post, the color went back to default so I had to change it to blue. When I tried to change back, the new color happened. So I'm NOT following this new fad.

M.K

Level 55
Here was the last round. He gave reasons for his decisions:

8/10
Nice recolour, but a little unoriginal. Have to say the lighter shade of green suits Torterra more than the usual sprite colour =3

10/10
Nothing I can fault =3 Nice choice of colours, 'tis basic but less can be more =3

7.5/10
Again, nice choice of colours ^^ The only reason why this score isn't higher is because on the flower you forgot to recolour a bit of the line shading =\

9/10
Very nice ^^ Blue does suit Charmander very well it seems =3 I would change the colour of the eyes and keep the flame red though personally, just for a little contrast ^^

10/10
Another sprite I can't fault =D I especially like what you did around the eye ^^

10/10
No Explanation given at first, later said it was fault-less

8/10
Another nice choice of colours ^^ However, there's a few pixels on the left leaf that are still green, which stop this being perfect. Still kewl though ^^

7/10
There's a few odd pixels around that haven't been recoloured, but otherwise 'tis nice ^^ Just so ya know though, even though I didn't mark you down for it,it's good to resize the white around a sprite so that there isn't too much of it =3

10/10
Nothing to fault =3 The old red Gyarados colours were much nicer than the current ones, no? =3

9.5/10
Snazzy =3 I like what you did with Sudowoodo's finger thingies =3 Only reason this isn't a full 10 is that I feel that the black lines don't look so good on this sprite =\ But I do like it =3

10/10
Venasaur is very popular it seems =3 And I really like what you did here! The fact that you kept the flower and leaf shading makes it all the better ^^

So, this round Kindrindra is out! Man this was a hard round to judge, and it's only gonna get tougher... Bad luck, Kindrindra. But keep at it! =3
So yeah, I guess it wasn't about flashiness or creativity, but more about technical merit. I took a CLOSE look at that blue Charmander, and it was done perfectly "technically", if you get what I'm saying.

And these be the Round Dos (2) entries, one entrant has yet to turn in his submission. Please tell me my odds:

Spire

III
BRoomer

The voting is rigged. Don't take it personally. We all know that the blue Charmander was trash and your Sunsetsaur, awesome.
"Very nice ^^ Blue does suit Charmander very well it seems =3 I would change the colour of the eyes and keep the flame red though personally, just for a little contrast ^^"
That quote seems substantially more critical than the response to your sprite. Bad judges. Being anal about a couple pixels not being shaded in is a bit too nitpicky. Will anyone see the flaw without zooming in? NO.

Oh, and that Torterra getting the same rating as yours? Blasphemy. The judge must be 10 years old.

^ Those are hideous ^. Yours may not be as detailed as the Milotic and Garchomp entrees, but it's certainly not ugly; kind of an ashen, dark-type Pigeot. I like it.

Top Bottom