• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

XACE-K

Smash Master
good start;) the head is a little akward, but maybe (like I did) if you pay very close attention to Firus' and spire's sprites you can see all the details and composition, what colors they choose, and so on. by looking and seeing the detail in each of their sprites I learned how to make mine:)

If you want to post some of your stuff, I can invite you to the shop group I made, also it SHOULD be used for off-topic
spam
discussions
I would post in there but nobody ever f***ing goes in there. Can we please start using it?

A_man13

Smash Master
Yeah, I know it sucks badly. Honestly I didn't want to fuse in the first place, but I saw an interesting fusion thing on youtube, so I decided to try my luck. My bucket tool had an episode and messed the colors up (as well as the eyes, I had to re-pixil them), Garchomp was hard to cut off of, and yeah. I probably will try again (and this time trying to fix the bucket and choose more simple pokes).

Edit: Dang, I forgot to add the yellow mark on it's head. Ah well, it's not gonna get any use anyways.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
yes xace, we can start using the group.

a_man, did you see the one where they recolored tyranitar with empoleon and put salamances head on tyranitar? garchomp isn't really the easiest to fuse, his arms are skinny therefore not fitting, and his body shape doesn't go well with many things.

oops forgot, this is my 1000 post so YAY congratulations to myself:)

I is finally smash lord:)

A_man13

Smash Master
I kinda figured that when it took 20 minutes to cut out the arms, head pieces, and fin.

Dang, just realized the tail was gone two. Pokesplicing 2, Aman 0

Mewter

Smash Master
Hi.
10 chars

Just kidding.
Maybe we should make more sprites....
some of those requests aren't finished yet.
But then again, everyone is busy....

-:mewtwo:
Mewter

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The Pending and my Claimed lists have been updated. I'll give a serious attempt at getting something done tomorrow.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Hi.
10 chars

Just kidding.
Maybe we should make more sprites....
some of those requests aren't finished yet.
But then again, everyone is busy....

-:mewtwo:
Mewter

O_O The whole PC is following my *insert image* *insert name* *insert colour* thing :p

Nice to see you come again though.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Alright, Zook has got a request. Ready?

Articuno-Vibrava. If possible, use a sprite where Vibrava's face is looking down rather than up. Okay?
I'll take this, seems interesting enough.

So third generation sprite would be good, right?

And yes Bowser, you started a fad. Now I'm definitely not doing it. Fads for the lose.
No offense to you. Just the fact that everyone followed so quickly...wow.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'll take this, seems interesting enough.

So third generation sprite would be good, right?

And yes Bowser, you started a fad. Now I'm definitely not doing it. Fads for the lose.
No offense to you. Just the fact that everyone followed so quickly...wow.
I'm a trendsetter :p

At least everyone in the PC knows I'm the original one to do it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
guys, I thought we left the colors and post ending stuff to the shop group?

just out of curiosity, has anyone ever requested a wobaffet or wynutt fusion?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I found this pic and it immediately reminded me of Mewtwo:

Golden Tree Kangaroo

So I edited the Mewtwo sprite to look like it. I have a hunch that kangaroos inspired Mewtwo's design.

Sorry to quote it, but it looks bad on the grey background (due to it having similar colors).

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Golden Tree Kangaroo

So I edited the Mewtwo sprite to look like it. I have a hunch that kangaroos inspired Mewtwo's design.

Sorry to quote it, but it looks bad on the grey background (due to it having similar colors).
I think that's kangashan.

Mewtwo always reminded me of an alien-type pokemon.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I could care less about fads. Fads are for square nerds.
Meh, you mean circular conformists. I'M a square nerd. Square nerds stand out instead of following fads.

Golden Tree Kangaroo

The kangaroo makes me laugh. I don't know why, it just looks funny.

But Golden Tree Mewtwo looks awesome, man. Nice job.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Kangaroos didn't inspire Mewtwo, Dragon Ball did. What's the name of that villain that looks nearly exactly like Metwo? Freezer or something?
No, that's who inspired Rotom.

*rimshot*

I think it's Frieza or something, the character you're talking about? Don't ask me how I even knew that much, I have never liked Dragon Ball.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sonic inspired Rotom.

Also,

(You... Spelled his name exactly, Firus.)
No, Sonic (even new Sonic) is much cooler than Rotom.

And wow, I spelled it right? That's amazing. I have skills, yay!

M.K

Level 55
Just if anybody is interested, I'm entering a spriting contest on Serebii Forums. There are 10 rounds with 10 different types of spriting (Revamp, Pixel-Over, Scratches, et cetera) and each round, one person gets eliminated.

The first round is recolors, and this was my entry:

Introducing: Sunsetsaur

A lazy blooming plant Pokemon. It spends it's days lounging in the sun and has soaked up the colors of a perfect sunset.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Just if anybody is interested, I'm entering a spriting contest on Serebii Forums. There are 10 rounds with 10 different types of spriting (Revamp, Pixel-Over, Scratches, et cetera) and each round, one person gets eliminated.

A lazy blooming plant Pokemon. It spends it's days lounging in the sun and has soaked up the colors of a perfect sunset.
It looks very pretty. i like it a lot.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Platinum Legendary Dragon Revamped Sprites!

Since the Platinum sprites are surfacing, I took the liberty to revamp Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, so here you are:

Enjoy, and please use them!

A_man13

Smash Master

That's really nice. I'd maybe brighten the bulb a bit though, just to give it a more "Sunny" effect, but it isn't needed.

Since the Platinum sprites are surfacing, I took the liberty to revamp Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, so here you are:

Enjoy, and please use them!
I never liked Palkia and Dialga's new sprites (heck the only new one that I think is an improvment is Magmortar and Quagsire for another reason), but they look nice.

A_man13

Smash Master
The only one that get's my attention besides yours is the Octillary. None of these are even transparant PNGs!

M.K

Level 55
That's going to win. Yours is great, but this thing is beautiful
That's what I said! Of course, the guy who is judging said that he didn't really want to accept "reskins" rather than "recolors" because it's a different finesse of art.
EDIT: Yeah, what A-man Said. One of the people submitted this AMAZING Milotic reskin and he took the Sudowoodo instead.
Thankfully, TEN people move on to the next round (since we actually have 11 competitors) and I REALLY REALLY hope mine is one of them!
Who do you guys think is gonna get the cut? ._.'

Top Bottom