• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

M.K

Level 55
Personally, I like Aggpedo better. It's not that it's bad, it's just that I love Aggpedo a lot. But I see you've already submitted it, so it's a moot point.
The main thing I don't like about Aggpedo is the shading and the size of the "head-fin".
I really like it as well, and I probably should've waited to see what other people thought the appropriate sprite to enter was, but what is done is done.

:/ I'm sorry. Do you think Pelligon-Z has a chance?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've completed the first generation Jigglypuff/Venusaur Fusion, Skyler.

It's going to eat your face off.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The main thing I don't like about Aggpedo is the shading and the size of the "head-fin".
I really like it as well, and I probably should've waited to see what other people thought the appropriate sprite to enter was, but what is done is done.

:/ I'm sorry. Do you think Pelligon-Z has a chance?
I can see what you mean, but I think that gives it its own creative flair, I think. It doesn't look like an ordinary fusion.

It's okay, I mean, it's your decision and you should go with your instinct.
Pelligon-Z looks great, the only thing it might have a problem with is that it's a tad simple. But then again, I'm not the judge so I have no clue if they'll grade it under that criteria. I honestly think it has a chance (and Draco Patil certainly seems to think so, too).

M.K

Level 55
I can see what you mean, but I think that gives it its own creative flair, I think. It doesn't look like an ordinary fusion.

It's okay, I mean, it's your decision and you should go with your instinct.
Pelligon-Z looks great, the only thing it might have a problem with is that it's a tad simple. But then again, I'm not the judge so I have no clue if they'll grade it under that criteria. I honestly think it has a chance (and Draco Patil certainly seems to think so, too).
Haha, thank you for the advice.
I was originally planning to do an Exeggutor Fusion with the three 1st Gen Psuedo-Legendaries (Magmar, Jynx, and Electabuzz), but it was too complicated for too little of a result.
Simple = better in this competition IMO. That Octillery 1st round got a perfect score....and it was just recolored black and yellow!
I didn't really know what Draco Patil was referring to, but now I get it! He is a REALLY good Lucario spriter....he has so many fusions with Lucario!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Haha, thank you for the advice.
I was originally planning to do an Exeggutor Fusion with the three 1st Gen Psuedo-Legendaries (Magmar, Jynx, and Electabuzz), but it was too complicated for too little of a result.
Simple = better in this competition IMO. That Octillery 1st round got a perfect score....and it was just recolored black and yellow!
I didn't really know what Draco Patil was referring to, but now I get it! He is a REALLY good Lucario spriter....he has so many fusions with Lucario!
You're right, it may actually do better for being simple. Looking at what happened in previous rounds, simpler doesn't seem to have been a problem. I mean, we were ALL convinced that either brighter Torterra or blue Charmander would lose, because they're just so simple, but BOTH of them made it to the next round and a more creative, more interesting one got left behind. You may be right.

And yeah, he's a very good Lucario spriter. Sorta makes me feel bad...

Yeah. I fail at life.

Looking at all of the sprites on Serebii lower my self-esteem. They're all so much better than mine.

And Zook, I know you asked for this a while ago and I finally remembered it and did it.

Hope you like it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
You're right, it may actually do better for being simple. Looking at what happened in previous rounds, simpler doesn't seem to have been a problem. I mean, we were ALL convinced that either brighter Torterra or blue Charmander would lose, because they're just so simple, but BOTH of them made it to the next round and a more creative, more interesting one got left behind. You may be right.

And yeah, he's a very good Lucario spriter. Sorta makes me feel bad...

Yeah. I fail at life.

Looking at all of the sprites on Serebii lower my self-esteem. They're all so much better than mine.

And Zook, I know you asked for this a while ago and I finally remembered it and did it.

Hope you like it.
That picture is awesome :p

The lucario/charizard is nice. Yours was made at the beginning of your shop spriting so I don't think you can put your self down to much for it ;).

Congrats on getting a 9.5 MK (meta-knight :p, I'm burger King) hope you do well next round.

-:bowser:Bowser King

XACE-K

Smash Master

or

(subtle change to lightest color on beak)

Introducing: Pelligon-Z

The FUTURE of mail delivery!

What about THIS GUY for the contest ^^^?
lol Pelliper's on crack.

Jigglypuff.

Determined to eat people's souls since the 90's.

Edit: Charcario v.2.0 looks awesome.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
not a bad thing, but pelligon-Z looks like an eggplant. good luck with the next part of the contest, and I will try my best to update today:)

Firus, don't kill yourself, it's like in the A&E, some people just started and some have been doing sigs for years, and the veterans KILL the new guys, so it's OK

M.K

Level 55
not a bad thing, but pelligon-Z looks like an eggplant. good luck with the next part of the contest, and I will try my best to update today:)

Firus, don't kill yourself, it's like in the A&E, some people just started and some have been doing sigs for years, and the veterans KILL the new guys, so it's OK
BAHAHA Eggplant *BZZZ*

Do NOT worry, Firus. Seriously, SO many of the threads are either "Godly" or "Absolute Garbage"....TRUST me.

I'll SHOW you myself!

Utter Garbage:

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=356292

OMFG GODLY!:

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=119535

EDIT: Does anyone see my Avi?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Edit: Charcario v.2.0 looks awesome.
Bah.
That's not mine.

But I didn't just start...I've been doing it for quite a while now. The biggest problem is that I gather from a few of those sprite shops that copying parts from other Pokemon is frowned upon, and scratching is encouraged. And let's face it, I can't scratch for my life, even if it's scratching simply parts and not the entire sprite.
And since those guys are the masters, it makes me feel like a noob at spriting even though I'm not new to it at all. Which would imply that I generally suck.

A_man13

Smash Master

or

(subtle change to lightest color on beak)

Introducing: Pelligon-Z

The FUTURE of mail delivery!

What about THIS GUY for the contest ^^^?
Sweet. It delivers mail and causes seizures

That looks like termipuff if you ask me.

I kinda take offence to that, but not enough for me to care. :chuckle:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I kinda take offence to that, but not enough for me to care. :chuckle:
why, I was just implying, like when gflare was bashing snucas when he had JUST STARTED, and then there is cmpr which is a flow freak. but I didn't mean it towards you or any of the other people except the above mentioned
by the way, not being pushy, but hows the sig coming?

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
my bad, sorry:upsidedown:

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it!!!

Skyler, youve got your first assignments
KILL IT!!!

EDIT: whatever happened to the Custom Battles?
Went under maintenence and never came back. You should see how many times I have asked firus to bring it back :p.

Random Fact: Spire included me in the idea of the CPB (although I didn't get any idea on how it was going to be). I was originally thinking it would have been easier to maintain between requests and peoples votes. We then agreed that once a week (Saturday) would solve both of these problems. Just some random history fact :p

M.K

Level 55

Spire, HOW in the world did you do this. This is my absolute favorite sprite I have ever seen in my years as a spriter. Could you PLEASE share some of your amazing talent with me? How....HOW did you do this?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
hey, guys, I put the sprites on my photobucket, but im gonna watch CSI:mimami, it's like a family thing to watch so...yeah

XACE-K

Smash Master

Spire, HOW in the world did you do this. This is my absolute favorite sprite I have ever seen in my years as a spriter. Could you PLEASE share some of your amazing talent with me? How....HOW did you do this?
Yeah, that is f***ing amazing. All I know is that Spire does better at creating his own pokemon than making requests.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Just looked back on Mr. Ocon, Spire and firus' first posts. They were pretty lolz (no offense).

MK, your opponents are very good. I still think you can make the next round though.

the amphoros, rhypherior ones seems worse then yours. I see you tying with some but passed by many. I don't want to be mean but that's my opinion and every opinion can't be super nice, right ;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So everyone has entered the contest now, tell me what you think my odds are.

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355503&page=5

That's Page 5, Page 3-4-5 are the fusions.
bob is cool - His looks interesting initially, but the Beedrill arms look awkwardly stuck on. If you look at the base right at the shoulder, it looks...well, awkward. Also, at the top of his left leg (our right, but technically its left) it seems to be missing an outline, which it may get points off for. This is probably the fusion most likely to drop out, in my opinion.

MetalHarpey - Let's not pretend, this one looks pretty awesome. I can't see any flaws, at least not at the moment, and it's very well fused.

Hyper Stan - It looks a little awkward, but it's well done and I don't see any flaws. It MAY get points off for that, but I'd say that wouldn't lower it to more than 9.5.

JammyU - This looks great, has some great scratching. THe only thing that might've been able to be fixed up is where the hat meets its head. It looks a little bit odd -- and it should be shaded a little, I think.

Draco Patil - He seems pessimistic about it, but I think it looks pretty good. No visible flaws, well-fused, etc.

Yours - Again, simple, but looks good.

Crossel - I'm inclined to dislike his off the bat because of his arrogance. "This gets me to the next round for sure" just makes me want him to lose. Unfortunately, though, the only thing I can see that seems to be a flaw is his left wing...but that wing always looks kind of awkward. The partial, very dark outline on the bottom looks funny though. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

alli940 - It's an odd fusion, but it looks pretty good, with no flaws that I can see.

Zerinci - Looks good.

So yeah, there's my personal judging of them all.

XACE-K

Smash Master
bob is cool - His looks interesting initially, but the Beedrill arms look awkwardly stuck on. If you look at the base right at the shoulder, it looks...well, awkward. Also, at the top of his left leg (our right, but technically its left) it seems to be missing an outline, which it may get points off for. This is probably the fusion most likely to drop out, in my opinion.
.....Nooooooooo!!

I like that one the best. :(

M.K

Level 55
Crossel - I'm inclined to dislike his off the bat because of his arrogance. "This gets me to the next round for sure" just makes me want him to lose. Unfortunately, though, the only thing I can see that seems to be a flaw is his left wing...but that wing always looks kind of awkward. The partial, very dark outline on the bottom looks funny though. Other than that, it looks pretty good.
Argh, yes! I totally agree. Not only is it nowhere near an "awesome, for-sure" sprite, but it actually looks sort of messy to me. I always try to be nice, because even if I don't win, god ****, I want that consolation prize >.>

Hyper Stan - It looks a little awkward, but it's well done and I don't see any flaws. It MAY get points off for that, but I'd say that wouldn't lower it to more than 9.5.
There are missing pixels to the right of the head and along the shell line. Some points WILL be taken off for that.

XACE-K

Smash Master
:link:
@Bowser King:
I think I've waited a fair amount of time before asking again.
Machamp+Infernape? Just reminding you.;)
One of the rules is not to remind them of requests that you made. He probably hasn't gotten to it due to school and other stuff. Just be patient and wait for it.

F*** yeah, representative powers.

M.K

Level 55
One of the rules is not to remind them of requests that you made. He probably hasn't gotten to it due to school and other stuff. Just be patient and wait for it.

F*** yeah, representative powers.
FUCK YES! GET IT DONE. XACE!

Eh, I'll let it slide, home doggie doggie slobber wobber blubber bobble flip wagon homie g

Top Bottom