• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
there were a weird brand where as you fought pokemon it would rais e the stats depending on the stats of the pokemon you were facing. like chanseys = massive hp and a litte of everything else. and imo the stats of 1st and 2nd gen were HIGHER. ill post my vaporeon at som epoint. and you guys would go O_O at the stats. EV (or whatever it was in those games) were broken.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
there were a weird brand where as you fought pokemon it would rais e the stats depending on the stats of the pokemon you were facing. like chanseys = massive hp and a litte of everything else. and imo the stats of 1st and 2nd gen were HIGHER. ill post my vaporeon at som epoint. and you guys would go O_O at the stats. EV (or whatever it was in those games) were broken.
When he said the stats were lower of first generation Pokemon, I think he was referring to their base stats...

Either way, discussion over. There's the "Best Generation" thread that zrky linked to to discuss this further. I believe that's why it was created in the first place.
Off-topic discussion is one thing. Things that turn into long, drawn-out debates are another.

A_man13

Smash Master
I know that it was over.

Anyways...anyone got any new sprites? I certainly haven't offended anyone's eyes with spriting since my Lucade (see sig).

XACE-K

Smash Master
cant wait to see how these new pokemon will look spire and sorry if this is too off topic but i can see everyones avatar again yay
I don't see Firus's though. I can't wait to see Spire's work either but I'm guessing it'll take a while.

XACE-K

Smash Master
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355503&page=5

Huge. sigh. of. relief.

EDIT: And next round is reposes. I have a great idea for what I'm going to do, and seeing some of the entries so far, I think I have a GOOD chance of advancing to the next round!
Yay, Scydrill stayed. :D

As for the repose entry, Luxray just lifted his paw (nothing special) and the Torteraa is okay, the tree and mountains on it's back look...iffy.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
really XACE i can see firus's avatar and as for your spriting competition Meta-Kirby, i dont like that crossel guy "this round gonna be mine" he's too cocky imo it just makes me want him to lose

XACE-K

Smash Master
really XACE i can see firus's avatar and as for your spriting competition Meta-Kirby, i dont like that crossel guy "this round gonna be mine" he's too cocky imo it just makes me want him to lose
Really? I still can't see his.

Also, everybody seems to suck at the repose part. There's none that I like.

O shi-, my post count is higher than MK's! I've been posting too much lately...

M.K

Level 55

I take pride in the fact that mine actually LOOKS like a sprite that COULD be in the game.
Any suggestions or fixes?

M.K

Level 55

I take pride in the fact that mine actually LOOKS like a sprite that COULD be in the game.
Just reposting.

Overload, do you want us to MAKE a dark Pidgeot?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355503&page=5

Huge. sigh. of. relief.

EDIT: And next round is reposes. I have a great idea for what I'm going to do, and seeing some of the entries so far, I think I have a GOOD chance of advancing to the next round!
Wow. That Torterra repose got a perfect score? And I guess that's it for simple being better...I guess that was only for the first two rounds?

And Draco Patil is kind of emo/pessimistic/paranoid...he's a great spriter but he's entirely convinced that all of his work sucks. >.>

I think bob is cool and JammyU have the best chance of getting out this round. But then again, logic never seems to go into this contest, so you never know.

Yay, Scydrill stayed. :D

As for the repose entry, Luxray just lifted his paw (nothing special) and the Torteraa is okay, the tree and mountains on it's back look...iffy.
The Torterra will get a perfect score. I don't think it looks very good (it's better than I can do, but it does look awkward) but I didn't think the Blastoise/Torterra one looked very good either and...gah, I don't really like this judge. As MK pointed out, there are off-pixels on the rim of the shell and nothing got taken off. I can understand staying in the contest perfectly, it wasn't THAT bad (although regardless of what you say, Scyther/Crobat/Beedrill deserved at most an 8.5. There's more than just an iffy looking bottom left wing, the whole bottom left looks iffy and the arms look awkward). It just didn't deserve a perfect score.

That's entirely unfair. I can't even see my avatar.
And yeah, if Crossel wins I'm going to be upset.

Also, everybody seems to suck at the repose part. There's none that I like.

O shi-, my post count is higher than MK's! I've been posting too much lately...
Yeah, the only repose I think is good is Crossel's (unfortunately), and Draco Patil's Pikachu was better than his official entry, in my opinion. (I love how paranoid he is saying people are out to get him telling him to enter Pikachu instead because it's the "worse entry". Again, great spriter but extremely paranoid.)

And yes, you've been posting too much. Stop for about a week so I can try and catch up through everything else going on in my life.

Agreed, yours is the only one that actually looks like it belongs in the game.
One thing I noticed is that on the left arm, at the top, the shading is sort of funny. You might want to try and fix that.
Also, you may want to edit one of the hands a little bit. It MIGHT not be obvious initially, but after I looked at the original sprite I realized immediately that it was a copy/flip and I just know the judge is going to take points off for that. You should definitely at least change the shading on it, since it's uniform.

But yeah, especially looking at what you started with it looks awesome.

Dark Pidgeot
Yeah...like MK said, could you at least say "I request" or "Can I have" or something to that effect so we know for sure that it's a request?

M.K

Level 55

Thank you Firus. THANK YOU!

I reshaded it a bit darker, I think it looks more natural!
And yes, I flipped the hands. But it was INSANE trying to scratch one of his gloves. It is REALLY hard ;_; So, I'm just going to keep it like that.
The other reposes look like ****. That Torterra looks like it's on crack, the Luxray looks like it has about 10 pounds of extra fur, and the Eevee is good (I believe he will get through).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The thread hasn't even been open for six months.

I call shenanigans.
Heh. Good point.

I don't remember it being requested, but it would've been put on the pending list if no one had claimed it and if someone claimed it, well...that's them.

M.K

Level 55
Heh. Good point.

I don't remember it being requested, but it would've been put on the pending list if no one had claimed it and if someone claimed it, well...that's them.
Haha, true.
I'm not going to be doing requests that often until this contest is done.
>_> I mean, It really sucks that I'm clearly a better spriter than some of these people, yet they get by because they attempt and fail at harder sprites, or they don't stick to the fundamentals.
There was nothing wrong with my sprite, but it was too simple, so it got a 9/10
There was pixels missing all over that Blastoise/Torterra, yet it gets a 10/10 just because it looks hard.
>_< I hate this. As soon as I'm out, I'm having a word with that judge.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
and

There we go, changed the shading a bit and made him darker.

Overload, we will get that done ASAP =D
the body looks to round, and the games they sortove look pixely, just a bit, and your is perffectly smooth. the one I liked was the rattata, but other than that it looks good:)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Haha, true.
>_> I mean, It really sucks that I'm clearly a better spriter than some of these people, yet they get by because they attempt and fail at harder sprites, or they don't stick to the fundamentals.
There was pixels missing all over that Blastoise/Torterra, yet it gets a 10/10 just because it looks hard.
I can't see the missing pixels O_O

yeah I'm blind....

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
its been about 6 months and i havent gotten my chatot/metagross.......
can someone pl0x.
Yeah, I just searched for every post of yours and I don't see a single Chatot/Metagross...

I only see Chimchar/Metagross. And that was done a looooooooooooooooong time ago. Mewter did it, enough said. (Since he hasn't done a request in about 3 months now.)

is my metagross/chimchar almost done ?
Mewter!!!!!
where is my metagross/chimchar???!!!!!
I'm sure that's what you meant because uh...these. Even though you were told right after that first post that it was done.

Haha, true.
Yeah, I'm with you here. I really don't get why Hyper Stan got a perfect 10 on that one. Also, I'm a little irked at his lack of creativity and how everything's Torterra...he couldn't even come up with an interesting recolor for the recolor, and there are plenty of interesting ways to recolor Torterra. And uh...yeah. I know it's mean, but I'm going to laugh when it comes to the specific rounds because he won't be able to do Torterra.

...I'm a jerk, aren't I?

M.K

Level 55
I can't see the missing pixels O_O

yeah I'm blind....

-:bowser:Bowser King

Circled in Yellow.

Yeah, I'm with you here. I really don't get why Hyper Stan got a perfect 10 on that one. Also, I'm a little irked at his lack of creativity and how everything's Torterra...he couldn't even come up with an interesting recolor for the recolor, and there are plenty of interesting ways to recolor Torterra. And uh...yeah. I know it's mean, but I'm going to laugh when it comes to the specific rounds because he won't be able to do Torterra.

...I'm a jerk, aren't I?
The judge is obviously an idiot. If I added Porygon-Z's little tail thing, it would OBVIOUSLY BE COVERED UP BY THE WING. SO WHY THE FUUCK WOULD I ADD IT?!?!
UGH!

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Darkslash, duskinator done from 3 weeks ago

charking is done, lord bowser

any changes you want?

nidoking is ReALLY hard to work with, I had to use his LG/FR sprite

I also put up my green-wartortle and blastoise revamps:)

M.K

Level 55

any changes you want?

The first is REALLY good!

The second looks good too, but I have some constructive criticism:

1) The Right Ear
By placing the left ear as you did, you have established that the ears are connected directly to the head, and not attached through a band of cartilidge or an "antenna" like structure. Therefore, the right ear should be position a tiny bit closer to the ear and we should be able to see more of the ear.

2) The Flame

Since you basically took Nidoking and graphed him over Charizard, you should disregard the flame, as the "firey" aspects of Charizard are now covered by Nidoking's "less-flamy" exterior. IF you were going to fuse Charizard INTO Nidoking's spirte, it would be acceptable and reccomended to use the flame, but since you did it the other way around, you should remove the flame.

It's still a very good sprite on a glance. I hope you don't take it that I don't like your sprite, but coming from a (at the risk of sounding arrogant) more-experienced sprter, I've picked out some small little details that help your sprite look the best it could be.

SilentFalcon

Smash Apprentice

any changes you want?

Hey Zrky, these are really cool and all... but are you possibly almost done with my/your claim?

Or have you not started? :mad:

LOL

SF

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Hey Zrky, these are really cool and all... but are you possibly almost done with my/your claim?

LOL

SF
I have, started, but haven't (honestly) had much time, my parents told me slow down on these things :dizzy:so yours will be the next one to be done;)

XACE-K

Smash Master

any changes you want?

I like both of them.

LOL

SF
Patience my friend.

Top Bottom