• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Eggm

Smash Hero
How does this venue make its money anyway? When I went there was no venue fee and I got quite a large pot of money for splitting first with bum. I don't think they take money out of the pot. I think a 5$ venue fee is totally reasonable. I mean like bum said it is a business. 5$ isn't THAT much money especially if like he said with the 5$ you guys can go downstairs and do friendlies/tournies/whatever. thats more than worth it then having to deal with all this garbage. If they are already taking money out of the pot tho thats a different story, but I don't know if they do. If they don't I don't think its unreasonable for them to ask for a 5$ venue fee. If they are already taking out of the pot with those big numbers brawl has been bringing in they shoulda made a lot, so thats just greedy, but if they don't then 5$ is fine in my opinion. Actually even if they did its not that greedy price of everything went up recently and business gotta do what they gotta do. It sucks but what can you do?

As far as bum/ace playing I think the only reason the bosses brought it up is to run smoother since they getting out of their mad late. People should show up ON TIME or not be allowed to play. Obviously maybe some one coming from far calls you and maybe you make a 30 min exception, but otherwise your out if your late. That way it can end good and they wont' get on bum/ace's case anymore for entering if its run fine. I probably can't come to any of these, but if theres ever on melee Saturday and theres no melee around me. I'll go also I posted this so the people I'm mad cool with in NY can enjoy melee/brawl since this seems like the only venue around. I think the 5$ entry fee is a result of the economy being crap and a business needing to make up for it. Also they let you guys stay late and stuff, its not much to ask its 5$ i mean **** thats like 1 gallon of gas LOL.

Cia

das kwl
Egg - venue takes 40%

not only that, but you wouldn't believe how many people enter w/o actually paying.. so the pot is never as big as you'd think..

Alukard

Smash Hero
Egg - venue takes 40%

not only that, but you wouldn't believe how many people enter w/o actually paying.. so the pot is never as big as you'd think..
QFT!!!! god dammit

sry i just read eggms post and just felt like saying that exactly lol w2z ***** the pot hard coreeeeeee and that free buis ... is mad grimey

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
yo bum y is this even an issue? if u want to play that is up 2 u... that has nothin to do with people wanting to play you or not.... its pretty silly when u think about it.... people shouldnt have to vote for you to play lol it YOUR choice lol

also if they want $5 from everybody thats no problem... that just means they get 5 from every person, and nothing from the pot... the entire pot now go to the players... and im pretty sure no1 has a problem with that

and if time is an issue for them, i would b happy to have alex and/or jayO to help with the brackets. if they want some kind of benefit im sure a couple of people could spare a dollar or two so they can at least get some pizza or w.e

like i dont see y this is an issue at all... this isnt a discussion topic, its just common sense

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
yo bum y is this even an issue? if u want to play that is up 2 u... that has nothin to do with people wanting to play you or not.... its pretty silly when u think about it.... people shouldnt have to vote for you to play lol it YOUR choice lol

also if they want $5 from everybody thats no problem... that just means they get 5 from every person, and nothing from the pot... the entire pot now go to the players... and im pretty sure no1 has a problem with that

and if time is an issue for them, i would b happy to have alex and/or jayO to help with the brackets. if they want some kind of benefit im sure a couple of people could spare a dollar or two so they can at least get some pizza or w.e

like i dont see y this is an issue at all... this isnt a discussion topic, its just common sense
There's one key person who is not happy to have Alex help with the brackets.

And he doesn't even Smash. But because he works at w2z and meatrides the owner, you get fired if you go against him.

Alukard

Smash Hero
There's one key person who is not happy to have Alex help with the brackets.

And he doesn't even Smash. But because he works at w2z and meatrides the owner, you get fired if you go against him.
wow u serious lmaooo ... wats up with this lopsided management at w2z ... i say bum get out become a player again b4 its too late they will brain wash u and make u play first person shooters ... look at ace lololol ... i mean even at the melee weekly u said u could beat me at halo 2 ... sheesh its starting .... (btw u would eat u for breakfast in halo 2 get at my mlg team!!)

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
well if people pay and if the store no longer is doin the tournaments it doesnt matter what they say lol now the players are running the tournament not them, if we pay for casuals, we can do watever we want with the time we payed for... they have no input, well thats what i think

R3N0

Smash Lord
lol something REALLY FUNNY, you know what it is... w2z takes 40%... thats 40% of 10 dollars.

from every person..
thats $4 dollars.

so in theory if you wanted $5 venue fee, you'd want w2z to take $5 and have the pot be slightly larger. =/

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
lol something REALLY FUNNY, you know what it is... w2z takes 40%... thats 40% of 10 dollars.

from every person..
thats $4 dollars.

so in theory if you wanted $5 venue fee, you'd want w2z to take $5 and have the pot be slightly larger. =/
well actually no... they are losing money from this situation... its pretty dumb of them, they would only make 5 off each person as opposed to taking 40% from singles and doubles

before they would make 8 of each person who entered.... now they get only 5

so i like the new rules =]

edit: plus we get the whole pot now.. taking 40% from $200 hurts a person's pocket u know lol now the whole 200 would go to the players... thats waaay better in my eyes

Alukard

Smash Hero
well actually no... they are losing money from this situation... its pretty dumb of them, they would only make 5 off each person as opposed to taking 40% from singles and doubles

before they would make 8 of each person who entered.... now they get only 5

so i like the new rules =]

edit: plus we get the whole pot now.. taking 40% from $200 hurts a person's pocket u know lol now the whole 200 would go to the players... thats waaay better in my eyes
werd ... now 2nd place dont get a piece of garbage 21$ to split lmaoooo

o how i love going plus .50 LMFAOOO lamez >.>

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
All I gotta say about all this is Alukard has the best Ike in NYC and he's in the top 10 best players. I'm also in the top 10.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
ppl are new to this lol

LOOK PPL THEY TAKE 40 PERCENT OUT OF BOTH POTS WHICH IS ALOT, bum really cant do nothing about that but like i said i am sure some of the staff is either getting paid out of the turn out of the event or paid hourly during the event. But the whole point is that ppl WHO WORK AND RUN THINGS USUALLY CANT ENTER ITS JUST A POLICY ALOT OF STORES GO BY IF YOU WORK FOR THEM NOT UNLESS YOU SUPER COOL WITH THE MANAGER. BUT STORES DO THAT SO THERE ARENT ANY COMPLAINTS FROM PPL. CAUSE AS MUCH AS WE POST **** ABOUT WE WANTING BUM IN TO PLAY THATS NOT GOING TO COVER 100% OF THE ATTENDEES AT THE WEEKLIES THERE IS ALWAYS THAT RANDOM LIL KID NAMED 'JOHNNY DOUGHNUTS" TELLING HIS PARENTS ABOUT PEOPLE THAT KEEP WINNING THAT WORK THERE. AND WE KNOW THOSE KIDS ARE USAUALLY THE SON OF A ****ING ABC DIRECTOR THAT CAN BUY THE BEST Lawyers in the city to sue webby. SO TAKING THAT INTO ACCOUNT YOU thats the main reason why these guyz cant enter that **** u never see ****ing reggie from nintendo entering brawl tournaments held by nintendo or any of the staff competiting in it either.
NOT EVEN THE BEST BUY OR GAMESTOP PPL CAN ENTER **** WILL LOOK DUMB U SEEING THEM IN NEWS PAPERS WITH A BEST BUY STAFF SHIRT HOLDING A TROPHY AND CASH. THAT JUST LOOKS DUMB PPL ARENT GOING TO THINK OFF THE BACK ITS A SCAM AND THESE PPL ENTERED FOR FREE AND THEY ARE GOING OT GIVE SOME OF THAT MONEY BACK TO THE COMPANY AND THIS AND THAT. SO HONESTLY BUM AND ACE YOU GUYS WILL HAVE TO PAY PPL TO HOLD THE **** FOR YOU TO PLAY WHICH MORE THAN LIKE WONT HAPPEN CAUSE THEN THE MANAGER IS GOING TO BE LIKE" WHY DID I HIRE YOU FOR IF THESE GUYS ARE RUNNING IT FOR YOU"
*GIVES BUM AND ACE THE BIG BOOT AND SLAMS DOOR*

SO BASICALLY EVERYTHING IN A NUTSHELL YOU GUYS WORK THERE SO YOUR DONE ITS EITHER YOU TAKE THE WEBBY SHIRTS OF AND JUST BE A FREELANCE HOLDER WHERE U GET A CUT (WHICH YOU ME OR MAY NOT GET ANYWAYS)AND WEBBY GET THERE CUT PLUS YOU CAN PLAY WITHOUT HURTING THE INTERGRITY OF WEB2ZONE. OR JUST CALL IT QUITS AND SAY FAIRWELL TO YOU GUYS ENTERING WEEKLIES AND THE MOST IS PLAY PPL IN FREINDLIES AT THE PLACE WITH PPL .
THE REASON PPL LIKE ME AND DA WAS ABLE TO ENTER TOURNAMENTS WE RAN AT WEBBY IS CAUSE WE WERENT WORKING FOR THEM WE JUST WAS WORKING WITH THEM IN HOLDING SMASH TOURNAMENTS.

SO KIDS THINK ABOUT WHAT I SAID GET YOUR MILK AND COOKIES READY FOR THIS POST LOL.
AND JAYOYEAH JUST BE TAKING MY **** AND ALEX IS JUST THE NUMBER ONE OFFENDER TAKING ME IDEAS LOL "*****S NEED TO COME OUT THOSE POCKETS"-WES

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I don't understand what the problem is, really. If web2zone charges a $5 venue fee, everybody can come in and play downstairs. At this point, web2zone doesn't need to get ****, they already got the venue fee from everyone. That means we lower the original weekly entry fees and the pot isn't ***** by web2zone. We would be having weeklies but it would be during the "smashfests" that we paid to have.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Guys please take a look at this

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173694

also it says Bum supports us that is not known yet it was meant to say Lightx and ACE-Marth

But please let us know if your backing this cause greatly appreciate it much love <3

I also have no doubt that i will see almost all of you at this event if we can get it going because

it is a truly great cause WE NEED ALOT OF HELP so please if you have any ideas let it be known

Do not I repeat DO NOT be shy of stating your opinion

But i will do everything i can to get this going for everyone especially those who i know and care

about who suffer everyday thanks for checking it.

M-80

Smash Cadet
I find it really fukced up that they don't want bum and ace to enter but I understand why they do it I would like for every1 to be able 2 go and have fun and play with friends while having a good time. And with the thing bout payin 5 dollars....idk it could be ok....but is it possible for people to pay the 5 to get in and then start a tourney downstairs so that w2z won't take the large sum of money that they already do? And if so would bum and ace be able to join since w2z already got there pay......doubt it but who knows I just hope this doesn't get out of control and stop weeklies

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Guys please take a look at this

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173694

also it says Bum supports us that is not known yet it was meant to say Lightx and ACE-Marth

But please let us know if your backing this cause greatly appreciate it much love <3

I also have no doubt that i will see almost all of you at this event if we can get it going because

it is a truly great cause WE NEED ALOT OF HELP so please if you have any ideas let it be known

Do not I repeat DO NOT be shy of stating your opinion

But i will do everything i can to get this going for everyone especially those who i know and care

about who suffer everyday thanks for checking it.
ill deffinately go.. its for a good cuase =]

D1

Banned via Administration
Bum and Ace should enter b/c they're one of the reasons why I enter the tournaments period...they're competition...and competition is one of the reasons I keep coming back...also I love the people there and everyone loves to win cash prizes as well.

It would be in vain if we'd start ****** weeklies w/o having to face Bum in tourney...cuz he's def like number 1 in NYC right now no joke.

5 bux to enter w2z...and then we do our business downstairs?

Sounds cool to me....no more pot rapage.

D1

Banned via Administration
STILL GOOD!!! JUNE 3RD!!! Featuring many known NYC smashers...shoutouts to my laptop and Shin Bowser's TV!

cyco410

Smash Rookie
I Need To Play Other Ppl

Shout Out To Kf..hopefully I Can Take The Day Off..(blast's Cuzin By The Way)..c U Guys There..lata:)

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
So is the weekly on Friday or Saturday? What is the entry fee or venue fee or whatever? I don't care about who enters. Just let me know whats going on because its different every week.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ninjalink is too pro.

Now I finally got a look at the managers. So that's how they look, eh?

And it's on a saturday, Eli. Birthday party is on friday this week.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
lmao just wathced the vid of niky the knife.. omg lmao.. ninja link .. you embaressed him haha.
my friend was definitely playing with tier's tag name on lmao.
he did better than tier anyway.. haha

what time is the weekly on saturday?
seems like we're gonna have a pretty good turnout.

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
ahh its gonna be on saturday again : / ok well what time, i hope i have off from work that day. and also is it gonna be every saturday from now on or are we gonna change it back to fridays. if not i gotta change my work schedule again

Quil

Smash Apprentice
5 Dollar venue fee + 5 dollar singles fee = Same thing we had before?

I'd be fine with that. Not sure if I want to pay $15 for each weekly plus $16.50 for trains and $4 for subways (and also food). It's expensive enough as it is for people on the island. Keeping it the same at $10 would be nice.

Also, Bum should definitely still play in the tournament. Not fair if he doesnt. Just let someone else take over whenever Bums in a match.

Top Bottom