• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Alukard

Smash Hero
This is partially true. If a tournament is running Melee or Melty Blood as well as Brawl and is OOS I'll go provided I have a ride and it isn't too expensive.
u my friend are going to ch4 ... or ima slap u ... lol ... nah but for reals u need to see wat md/va are talking ... its like too much **** ... its worse then eZ and LK talking about u and my match !!! -___-

Kwis?

Smash Apprentice
anyone have a 360 add my gamer tag =]

VOLTAGE523

i play halo/cod4/gears/GTA4/Team fortress etc... lol

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
can someone at W2Z check if my sensor bar is there. Bum handed me my wii but im not sure if he handed me my sensor bar.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
can someone at W2Z check if my sensor bar is there. Bum handed me my wii but im not sure if he handed me my sensor bar.

That's why you don't bring your sensor bar and use someone elses. ;)

Anyway, Ninjaboy they're easily replaced... relatively cheap. If you SERIOUSLY need a sensor bar for just starting Brawl or something, turn on a lamp and point your Wiimote at it. LOL it works...SERIOUSLY! The lamp sends out IR light. :laugh:

For the nubs:

With the Wii you can use anybody's sensor bar, as long as the IR lights are on (which they will be since it's connected to a Wii) your Wii remote will pick it up and transmit it to YOUR WII :p

This post has been provided by Silvenpedia© A subsidiary of D1pedia© and it's affiliates

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ivy for God tier.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FOgyWAeqjsk

She also has a loop combo that can set-up for tech trap bull**** really easily.

The infinite is too easy to do though and will be banned in tourney most likely. Although Namco will patch this in the coming months anyway.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
it became a sc forum when sc came out half the posts here are nonsense anyway is it a problem if we talk about a different game once in a while other then brawl >_<

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Ivy for God tier.

The infinite is too easy to do though and will be banned in tourney most likely. Although Namco will patch this in the coming months anyway.
Not an infinite in regular modes. The guy has Ivy's moves set to Counter Hit. Only possible in training mode.

Alukard

Smash Hero
still tho its annoying to read crap on another game that has nothing to do with the NYC WEEKLIES!

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Ivy for God tier.

she wat i mean? Proved my point to my last post. Some1 finds something out and already OMG!! So STFU u have no idea what a tier is and Ivy aint "god" tier just cuz of an infinite, DDD aint god tier so ivy isn't

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
ANYWAY

MD/VA vs. NJ/NY

the drama is lulz

I'll prlly be at TG on Wednesday briefly. Woot.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Hello everyone, I couldn't find the NYC player finder thread and as this thread seems very active for the NYC region, so I though to post here. I am interested in this weekly tournament, but first I would like to test my mettle with some of you guys, so if you would pardon my intrusion and would like to exchange FC's, for some hopefully minimal lag matches, let me know.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Ah if only I or Bum were attending...such hope for NY placings are ever so fleeting..

It's pretty much up to Ninja Link and D1, straight up..

Let's see what those guys can do.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Hello everyone, I couldn't find the NYC player finder thread and as this thread seems very active for the NYC region, so I though to post here. I am interested in this weekly tournament, but first I would like to test my mettle with some of you guys, so if you would pardon my intrusion and would like to exchange FC's, for some hopefully minimal lag matches, let me know.
not many people here plays on nintendo gay-fi. feel free to come whenever its not like you'll be laughed at for being 3 stock by someone's thats not even his or her main.

-__-

Smash Ace
Ah if only I or Bum were attending...such hope for NY placings are ever so fleeting..

It's pretty much up to Ninja Link and D1, straight up..

Let's see what those guys can do.
:O im not up there nemore =( but yea about that ivy thing u can DI it....

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You can't air control out of the Ivy infinite. The guy said he was trying to and he could not do it.

Maybe you can under certain circumstances.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
she wat i mean? Proved my point to my last post. Some1 finds something out and already OMG!! So STFU u have no idea what a tier is and Ivy aint "god" tier just cuz of an infinite, DDD aint god tier so ivy isn't
Errr.

Why are you telling me to stfu?

Anyway, SC is a different breed of fighter. Infinites are much harder to come by in 3-d fighters and they give much bigger advantages namely because you have a health meter so an infinte alone can kill. And this is extremely easy to do. Plus Ivy already had all the tools to be top tier. She has great pokes, can fight at any range, can shut down side stepping, and has insane command grabs. This infinite put her over the top.

You can't compare Dedede who manages to get by on a few really good moves and a CG to a character that has pretty much EVERYTHING you would want in a character that also happens to have an infinite that is super easy to set-up.

Do you realize the insane mix-up potential off of this infinite? Say it isn't banned. Ok, a veteran who knows about the infinite would always block standing when they see Ivy crouching. Guess what though? Ivy has two command grabs that can take about 1/3 of a life bar. So if you ALWAYS block standing when Ivy does a move that forces her to crouch then she essentially gets a free command grab every time. You could attempt to break the grab, and it will be easier if you know it's coming, but then another mix-up with low pokes can occur.

Do you not see how f*ckin deadly this is?

BTW Ivy also has an attack loop when her opponent is against the wall.

Edit: Infinite on counter hit still scares the piss out of anyone. It's not hard to get a counter hit really. You just have to hit someone when they try to do....anything at all.

Also Ivy was in coiled stance in the vid. She can't do command grabs in that stance. But if she has that launcher move in sword stance then the mix-up is still viable.

On topic: Ninja Link....

I want you to try going Diddy on my Marth son.

He is hungry for some monkey brain soup.

rofl.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
tourny threads:
this one
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183968

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
On topic: Ninja Link....

I want you to try going Diddy on my Marth son.

He is hungry for some monkey brain soup.

rofl.
Ok. Reason for this is? and stop spacing my name.

Seems like jerz is after me again. Oh well. I'll play u whenever.

Btw i noticed i wasted my 1000th post talkin about my sensor bar. Good ****.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Reason?

I want to test my ability vs a worthy opponent.

What other reason does one need?

And I'll space your name all I want. *sticks tongue out

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
It's only an infinite in practice mode. The guy couldn't AC out because all of the subsequent hits in the juggle were registering as counter hits. The only way all your attacks can be counter hits, is if you turn that function on in practice mode.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
It's only an infinite in practice mode. The guy couldn't AC out because all of the subsequent hits in the juggle were registering as counter hits. The only way all your attacks can be counter hits, is if you turn that function on in practice mode.
THIS IS A fight from were im from. emblem lord you just gonna sit there and take that.!

D1

Banned via Administration
Gotta love Ivy.

If you guys love SC4 so much take that sh** to www.caliburforum.com

Btw hit the "forums" button on the top right-ish part of the webpage.

There's mad sh** there to discuss w/ char specific threads and so on.

Its a pretty beast website if you take the time to look through it.

Soul Arenas is the section for "char specific info".

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Nvm, Aris confirmed this works.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Gotta love Ivy.

If you guys love SC4 so much take that sh** to www.caliburforum.com

Btw hit the "forums" button on the top right-ish part of the webpage.

There's mad sh** there to discuss w/ char specific threads and so on.

Its a pretty beast website if you take the time to look through it.

Soul Arenas is the section for "char specific info".
What console you got SC4 on?

Top Bottom