• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
yo PC mahdoooooooo lol i live ACROSS THE STREET FROM BUM!!! i will house u better then jay0yeah LOL i gots them free pizza's n cereal >.> lmao (i would havto ask my parents if its ok tho ;D)
Werd!! i could house too!!! I live in a HOUSE with a TV so huge, it 4 stocks even Bums tv.
-_- can offer u free pizza's n cereal, well i offer....free pizza's n cereal and.......free rooming
BEAT THAT LEO!!! lolz LMAO!!

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
enuff said

Brawl is too good.

DJ is right, you can't say a word anymore without it being a john.

There's some sort of unspoken city-wide rule in effect here.. ''if you lose don't say a phucking word don't even say good game cause you'll just be considered johning about how good the game was, either way you're johning" , pretty much.

Dj you're also wrong because you know you complained about Melee..

Bum is right, the smash community can be pretty stupid..but it doesn't surprise me seeing as how 80% of them are like 15 years old.

See I love this game even in my times where I lose to random players, and the only reason I hated melee back then was because I didn't have anything better to play, now I do...and I don't touch melee.

I won't be stupid and say to not play the game...and it's impossible to tell someone not to complain cause it's going to happen anyway, I want everyone complaining about brawl to continue to play because regardless it beefs up the weekly and gives me a better chance at winning more money once I get a hang of beating Snake =D

Somebody at Web2Zone really should figure something out about randomly cancelling the phucking tourney cause I know we had more time left, and me and Raffy were on our way to 2nd for some money back and what happened...everyone that joined lost their money. Bum.. asked you outside the store ''what are you gonna do about this unfinished tourney'' and you told me you don't know. The answer should have been simple..don't let anyone leave until they get the money back...that would have taken 10 minutes. Now i'm sitting here wondering 1. Where the money went. 2. Why the same thing happened last time with singles when we didn't finish it and nobody got anything back and 3. Is it really a gamble to join weeklies knowing they might not finish and return fees? Someone should post up a sign on the front door fridays that says ''Enter tourney at your own risk''

Someone somewhere out there will take this whole post as a john...about something...somehow...cause that's how the smasher mind works.

Either way Brawl is too good.
your right dire ppl may say ur just mad cause u lost so all we need to do dire is just win thats about it but i hope everyone sees this................. but back tracking things how are u going to win a weekly nowadays if they dont finish the last event on time whether its teams or singles. lets just hope singles are the first event dire so we can win if not they we will never get a taste of victory lol.

Alukard

Smash Hero
LOL he deff going to **** all u guys in your sleep he tryed it on hax me and alu saw it
lmaoooo ...this is definitely a joke PC lol ... but anyway

dire is right lol ... except his last sentence lol ... about brawl being too good ... it should b just good ... cuz it is a good game but when compared to melee its horrible lol ... but anyway ... wat is really going to go down this weekend about the tourney and stuff ?? like wats going to happen ?
is this change final ? ...

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
It's A Freaking Childrens Game That We Turn Competitive. Ya Complain Having High Hopes. Dude These Are The People That Make Mario Party, Mario Kart. Did U Ever Seen Link Cut Someone Head Off? Did You Ever See Mario Torture Someone With His Fireballs, Is Mushrooms Pose To Make You Big Or High? Does Peach Wear A Thong Or Shorts Underneath Her Dress? Does Mario Ever Kiss Peach In The Lips His Entire Game Existensence. This Is Freaking Nintendo. The People We Known Since You Was In Ya Mom's Belly Freeloading Off Of Her Food. Don't Act Like This **** Is Brand New Cause It's Not. Ya Want A True Competitve Game, Go Play Street Fighter Or Tekken Or Something Without Phantom Hits And Tripping. I Bet The John Would Be Naaa Cause Theres No Phantoms, Shines, Wavedashing..... Tripping Lol. Smash Always Been An Easy Game To Get Into, But Hard To Master.
tru tru...this changes my whole opinion of this and makes melee look more of a "accident" than wat it really was.(keep this quote alive.) It was an accident that brought many of use together. Dont forget. Like bum said this is NINTENDO...a FAMILY-ORIENTATED ORGANIZATION to statisfy CHILDRENS NEEDS. Nintendo is trying to make the game enjoyable for those who couldn't handle rushed- "mistake" which is melee. And no johns cuz Brawl was also rushed. Just remember b4 everyone get upset about IN-game Smash Bros. cheapness, Just have this rolling in the back of the head "Well this is Nintendo after all.. FAMILY-ORIENTATED. so let all sing the barney song 'I luv you, u luv me, we're all one big FAM-IL-Y!!!'..." Believe me, If Sony had possession of Smash Bros. U'd see MetaKnight Doing 32-piece combos finishing off with a raging demon aka Final Smash or Moving quarter circle forward + B to do Mario's Fire Ball and Quarter Circle forward x2 + B to do his final Smash. A Nintendo made game sought to make better of their mistakes and remember why we are all here. This game brought use together and i cant lie of that. Some of my closest friends came from Smash Bros. series and maybe some of yall can relate. So try not to bash the game to much and remember its a nintendo made game. That is all....

Dr. of Ownage!!!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
that sucks about saturday being crew battles for brawl ... swat will b missing a few heavy hitters ... we arguably are the best crew too -_-

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm going to PA with Jman so I'm not showing up for Saturday. I'm coming on Friday but I won't be able to join anything because of work. I'll do money matches though, especially in teams.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
yo sons, read my signature. thats right, $20 and i'll hack your wii so you can play ANY game on the VC and certain others that haven't been released - yes i do have smash 64. PM me or AIM me if we got a deal. :)
****....Hax just Hax comboed Nintendo....O_o

D1

Banned via Administration
Saturday's gonna be OD beast ^_^!

Get at me for being like the minority of ppl that just disregard all the heat in this thread and just oozes w/ optimism for the upcoming tournament.

Ignorance is Bliss...to an extent.

Quil

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna follow D1 and say im excited for Saturday too. Is it gonna start at the same time, Bum?

I won't be going to Friday but good luck for those who are.

Hax

Smash Champion
you guys are all talking about entering the weeklies at your own risk when we SHOULD be talking about housing PC at your own risk lol. jk pc

btw everyone needs to KWIT LIFE for not reading my sig. so far it looks like I got eli and dionis as customers. who else wants smash 64 + every vc game ever on their wii for only $20 lol

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
lol this guy is silly lol BEST CREW

that sucks about saturday being crew battles for brawl ... swat will b missing a few heavy hitters ... we arguably are the best crew too -_-
idk how u are the best crew lol but dream on my dude lol and please dont count that crew battle you guyz have with us we had a member that did didnt want to play cause it was 5 bux. And he just gave you guyz like 4 wins against us so please dont count that mess.

AND FOR ALL OF THOSE WHOM WANT TO CREW BATTLE US ROUND ROBIN ONLY FOR CREWS THATS THE EBST WAY TO FIND OUT WHO IS THE BEST CREW DONE!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
tru tru...this changes my whole opinion of this and makes melee look more of a "accident" than wat it really was.(keep this quote alive.) It was an accident that brought many of use together. Dont forget. Like bum said this is NINTENDO...a FAMILY-ORIENTATED ORGANIZATION to statisfy CHILDRENS NEEDS. Nintendo is trying to make the game enjoyable for those who couldn't handle rushed- "mistake" which is melee. And no johns cuz Brawl was also rushed. Just remember b4 everyone get upset about IN-game Smash Bros. cheapness, Just have this rolling in the back of the head "Well this is Nintendo after all.. FAMILY-ORIENTATED. so let all sing the barney song 'I luv you, u luv me, we're all one big FAM-IL-Y!!!'..." Believe me, If Sony had possession of Smash Bros. U'd see MetaKnight Doing 32-piece combos finishing off with a raging demon aka Final Smash or Moving quarter circle forward + B to do Mario's Fire Ball and Quarter Circle forward x2 + B to do his final Smash. A Nintendo made game sought to make better of their mistakes and remember why we are all here. This game brought use together and i cant lie of that. Some of my closest friends came from Smash Bros. series and maybe some of yall can relate. So try not to bash the game to much and remember its a nintendo made game. That is all....

Dr. of Ownage!!!!
I keep hearing all of this Nintendo only makes kid games arguments when it really isn't the case. Homalon saying family oriented is closer to it. Nintendo has the kid market. They know they do, and everyone else knows they do. What Nintendo is mainly targetting these days are the female and older demographic. They are trying to get people into video games that normally wouldn't be into them.

Now when you look at SSBB, this clearly isn't specifically targeted to females or old ppl, and is a more hardcore game, which believe it or not, they do still make every now and then. This isn't exactly designed to be family oriented either, as a better example of that would be Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Big Brain Academy, and more.

What was changed for SSBB over SSBM that it is essentially easier in a beginner's sense. No n00b would be able to walk into the competitive Melee scene without being absolutely trashed at first. They wanted to eliminate this in order to bring new players to the smash scene (which makes our tourney pots bigger :) ). It doesn't matter what age or sex, this is targeted to newcomers, not various family members. Afterall, if only the main Melee people bought Brawl, that's not really a financial step in the right direction for Nintendo. They needed it to be a success by attracting new people to the game. One of the best ways for that was to simply make it easier and if these new people win more often, they will have more of a drive to play it more often.

When it comes down to it though, it can still be perfectly competitive. Every advantage these scrubs have with spamming or camping is given to every pro as well. Perhaps we are looking at everything with too much of a technical mindset (atleast until we find truly game breaking game wide techniques like wavedashing or l cancelling was in melee) and need to simplify our playstyles. dont complain that a terrible player beat you because of whatever stupid brawl reason, because you have the ability to do what they did, if not better.

also on another note, glad to hear the DJ and jman are comin to CoT3 this weekend. anyone else from NY gonna make the trip down? even though theres an event there on sat it seems, we still have all of our brawl events on sunday, i would love to see all of NY there.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
WHAAAAT?!!! Brawl on saturdays now, is it gonna start earlier. If so, I might just let my Sonic run around in there lol. If it's just crews only, thanks for reminding me about how lonely I am :(.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
This Guy Is A G

I keep hearing all of this Nintendo only makes kid games arguments when it really isn't the case. Homalon saying family oriented is closer to it. Nintendo has the kid market. They know they do, and everyone else knows they do. What Nintendo is mainly targetting these days are the female and older demographic. They are trying to get people into video games that normally wouldn't be into them.

Now when you look at SSBB, this clearly isn't specifically targeted to females or old ppl, and is a more hardcore game, which believe it or not, they do still make every now and then. This isn't exactly designed to be family oriented either, as a better example of that would be Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Big Brain Academy, and more.

What was changed for SSBB over SSBM that it is essentially easier in a beginner's sense. No n00b would be able to walk into the competitive Melee scene without being absolutely trashed at first. They wanted to eliminate this in order to bring new players to the smash scene (which makes our tourney pots bigger :) ). It doesn't matter what age or sex, this is targeted to newcomers, not various family members. Afterall, if only the main Melee people bought Brawl, that's not really a financial step in the right direction for Nintendo. They needed it to be a success by attracting new people to the game. One of the best ways for that was to simply make it easier and if these new people win more often, they will have more of a drive to play it more often.

When it comes down to it though, it can still be perfectly competitive. Every advantage these scrubs have with spamming or camping is given to every pro as well. Perhaps we are looking at everything with too much of a technical mindset (atleast until we find truly game breaking game wide techniques like wavedashing or l cancelling was in melee) and need to simplify our playstyles. dont complain that a terrible player beat you because of whatever stupid brawl reason, because you have the ability to do what they did, if not better.

also on another note, glad to hear the DJ and jman are comin to CoT3 this weekend. anyone else from NY gonna make the trip down? even though theres an event there on sat it seems, we still have all of our brawl events on sunday, i would love to see all of NY there.
THAT A NAIL IN THE COFFIN STATMENT RIGHT THERE THERE SHOULD BE NO MORE DISCUSSION ABOUT BRAWL BEING WACK AND ALL THAT MESS EVERYTHING HAS BEEN LAYED DOWN ON THE ABOVE EXPLAINATION. IF NOONE LIKES BRAWL DONT PLAY IT, **** IF I DONT DO JUSTICE IN A YR THEN I AM OUT MYSELF I HAVE ALOT OF OTHER THINGS PLANNED FOR MYSELFY BESIDES PLAYING THIS GAME.

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace

I like the way you think. If only certain smashers in the NYC community could open their ears, listen and shut down their pride. I hope they will.

Yo ChiboSempai, thanks for posting! We need more people that think and not just say non-sense without thinking first.

Jay0yeah

Cia

das kwl
Lol.. New York State is different from NYC. We live in buroughs on an island so we ain't no state. New york state is more north lolz but ok you go hate new york.
well, NY state as a whole has become brawl central so.. my opinion still stands <_<

Ace_Marth is like my only remaining savior with the ability to bring some form of melee back, otherwise.. this state is just doomed :laugh:

BUM163

Smash Lord
dire if u read the rules i got, it sayz no refund if u join. plain n simple and ya already know the store closes at 11 and i still hold it up to 11 30. ya need to work together n report ur matches as soon as possible. i was even dqing people out loud to make this end faster. I WILL REPEAT, ONCE YOU JOIN, THERE IS NO REFUND AND IF THE STORE CLOSES AT 11, THATZ IT. YA NEED TO COME EARLIER PLAIN N SIMPLE. YA GOT TO REMEMBER PEOPLE WORK THE NEXT DAY AT THE STORE AND THAT MANAGER IS NICE ENOUGH TO LET US STAY A BIT LONGER THAN WE HAVE TO. HE'S NOT MAKING ANYTHING OUT OF THIS GAME. IDK DIRE EVERY WEEK UR COMPLAINING OR JOHNIN ABOUT SOMETHING... NOT COOL.

EVERY ONE THAT CAN MAKE IT SATURDAY PLEASE POST OR INFORM ME ON AIM [ONI163] WHETHER YA CAN COME OR NOT. IF PEOPLE WANNA MAKE A RANDOM CREW, YOU CAN DO SO, IF YA WANT A CREW BATTLE THIS SATURDAY. POST UP IF YA WANT BRAWL ON FRIDAY INSTEAD OF MELEE? POST UP IF YOU WANT MELEE TO BE ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
I keep hearing all of this Nintendo only makes kid games arguments when it really isn't the case. HoMaLoN saying family oriented is closer to it. Nintendo has the kid market. They know they do, and everyone else knows they do. What Nintendo is mainly targetting these days are the female and older demographic. They are trying to get people into video games that normally wouldn't be into them.

I respectful agree with what you are saying. however, Nintendo goal is to atrract ppl of all ages with their new ways of playing. Those games that you mentioned above, still proves my point that it is family friendly. I mean, what kid would by Wiifit w/o his/her mother walking by and saying, "wow I would like to try that" same with wiisports. And it is true... The family begins to appriecate it...which makes it family friendly. My mom is an old-skool Jamaican Church goer who thinks video games are demons but was attracted to Wii Sports when i was playing it on day... Nintendo's goal for wii is to attract new ppl, even adults, which is y, again, Nintendo is family friendly. But i don't think you answered my reply fully becuz not to sound rude, I dont see ur point becuz it sounds like ur supporting what i am saying about the Nintendo community. but yeah Brawl does make Tourney Pots bigger :-) and i agree about what you said above. But note when i say family-orientated I am including adults becuz family orientation and kid-friendly is different. Family friendly is different from kid friendly as well. a game like Mario Kart and Mario Party is Family Friendly. Games like Spongebob and Dora the Explorer are Kid friendly

Shinigami666

Smash Apprentice
well, NY state as a whole has become brawl central so.. my opinion still stands <_<

Ace_Marth is like my only remaining savior with the ability to bring some form of melee back, otherwise.. this state is just doomed :laugh:
Umm.. Don't worry about it... New York is not doomed. It's one of the successful places for people in the world. This is all just some bad phaze and episode from people who sadly let a game change everything in their life. I love 'em both but hey everyone knows that the one true game that ownz everyone and their souls is the KIRBY SAGA lol Get at that!

EDIT: I don't know Bum honestly I can't be doing this two day (Friday and saturday) thing. I love both Melee and Brawl and wouldn't mind any event for either but honestly I Haven't played Melee since the release of Brawl so I obviously lost everything I knew how to do with all that rust. That leaves Brawl only... and Saturdays aren't the best days for me to attend these. Fridays were soo much better but I'll see what I can do.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Swat can make more of a claim to best crew than DA can....

I can't tell whether you're living in the past or a dream world. Either way it aint reality...

Just my .02

*waits for dire's response*

*waits for wes' response after dire*

TEAM SUPREMACY!!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
EDIT: I don't know Bum honestly I can't be doing this two day (Friday and saturday) thing. I love both Melee and Brawl and wouldn't mind any event for either but honestly I Haven't played Melee since the release of Brawl so I obviously lost everything I knew how to do with all that rust. That leaves Brawl only... and Saturdays aren't the best days for me to attend these. Fridays were soo much better but I'll see what I can do.
You'd be surprised how well your muscle memory preserves stuff even if you don't practice. Granted the mental **** will probably be gone but tech skill isn't that bad lol

Benjamin Linus

Smash Apprentice
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL @ ronald's post

shinigami666 - plz allow me to clarify.. NY's smash scene, is doomed
vanz i dont know if you saw, but Bum is about to hold a melee weekly for friday. if enough people pay attention to his posts.

Bum im definitely down for a melee weekly. i probably wont do so well but me and tier will definitely support it.

BUM163

Smash Lord
thx for the people that are posting wat they feel. yo vanz ny melee scene is dead, but me and acemarth can revive it and come back strong. i just play third strike and parry chun li kick super all the way and jay0yea was there to witness that. i just need to see people come for melee, but people is not gonna want 2 lol which sucks, cuz i'm one of the few that likes melee and brawl...... but i like any fightin game and do a goood job at it.

Shinigami666

Smash Apprentice
No Honestly I don't mind what is available.. But I would appreciate it if they were held only on Fridays because Saturdays be too much for me. If it's Melee this Friday I might go but if I do I won't enter because I haven't practiced yet. I'll probably play friendlies to warm up and hopefully revive what I lost lol.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
from the outside boomshakalaka

Swat can make more of a claim to best crew than DA can....

I can't tell whether you're living in the past or a dream world. Either way it aint reality...

Just my .02

*waits for dire's response*

*waits for wes' response after dire*

TEAM SUPREMACY!!

* HANDS RONALD TISSUE FOR THE **** ALL OVER HIS MOUTH FROM SWAT*

ANYWAYS TO MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS ITS FUNNY DIRE ME AND U CALLED IT THAT HE WAS GOING TO SAY YOUR JOHNING LIKE I SAID DIRE LOL MAN UP AND JUST WIN LOL CAUSE ALL THAT " JOHNING" IS NOT COOL DUDE, I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THAT MESS, LOL.

ANYWAYS , "JUST WIN" -KUBUU

ALSO PHONEIX ERA WE SHALL SEE YOU SOON *****ES

BUM163

Smash Lord
i'm guessin that refers to me, if so please let me know, so i can put up all the convos of wat dire told me....then u tell me wat it is lol

Top Bottom