• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I see no signs of that amazingly lopsided debate coming back.. but to address your statement. you're asking people to be happy with something u are EXTREMELY turned off by. It's like trading in your rich super model girlfriend for a section 8, ugly, worn out, fat chick w/ random stds that just flare up whenever (tripping).. what a ****in trade

but if we must play brawl, I ask that we please leave delfino neutral. it gives some characters some characters a chance in really horrible match ups. and makes the so- called "broken tier" character seem not so devastating
ur only sayin that Vanz cause u use dedede and because it helps with matchups, thats what counterpicks are for. Think of it unbiasedly. Be serious though Vanz. U want brinstar as a neutral cause u like it so much but it doesnt go by that. Lylat is a neutral but i bet not one person loves that stage but face it. its neutral sadly.

BUM163

Smash Lord
melee might be this friday. me and acemarth is gonna talk to management, so be aware ok guys.

Cia

das kwl
I never said I want brinstar to be a neutral. its my favorite stage in the entire game, but I understand why it's not neutral.

and I was talking about snake on delfino. idk, to me, he just isn't much of a problem there. not only that, but even w/ all the stage shifts, delfino always remains completely hazzard-less. and no character is bad on all parts of delfino.

and it's like bum said, u get TWO stage bans and a stage strike. if you don't like delfino.. you know what to do.

oh, and to address ur claim on me being bias, I love SEVERAL characters on delfino. I love the fact that one minute the stage can be difficult for you, and the next it can be easy. it changes the way people have to fight. its one of the few stages where camping isn't such a hassle.

R3N0

Smash Lord
idk, deflino is a fun stage, some have it banned some dont, i just usually ban it for snake though, i feel like it hinders his recovery abilities =/.. or im just bad @ it.. i <3 that stage w/ sheik though, that **** is brolic as hell w/ sheik.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Vanz Ur Literally Taking The Words From My Mouth. Your My New Spokesman Lol. Anyway Anyone Thats Want To Train, Know That I Play Friendlys As Hard As I Play Tournament/weekly. I Just Told Reno, Why Am I Gonna Hide My Style And Limit Myself? By Doin That I Stop Learning Especially When The Game Just Came Out. Yes I Do Pick Different Characters Cause Honestly By The End Of The Year, I Literally Wanna Have Every Character In My Hands Lol. So If You Wanna Train Wit Me, Bring Ur A Game And Prepare Yourself To Hear Yourself John Alot........ I Just Sounded Mad Cocky Lmao....... Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
i agree wit everything u said bum except for the part where u said halo series was wack **CRIES**

anyway fu.ck brawl lets play melee. bum we can def do a melee tourny this fri. its the brawl on sat that u have to talk to management about.

melee was wayy better. i actually tried to play brawl but i gotta admit.....it bores the crap outta me. i like pit but im not gonna be playin in singles cuz i kno all i'll fight is snake ddd and metaknight. so thats y i dont join. and yes there are ways to beating them but im not too much of a fan of brawl to even spend time trying to learn them. i dont even have a wii for christ sakes. anyway point is melee is better.

no one complains about melee as much as they complain about brawl. and its not as gay too me at least lol. yea i used fox and marth so wat, at least they can be killed super easily unlike ***g0t snake and ddd. i also dont like brawl cuz it gives ppl who have almost no skill to even play a game the ability to go even wit some naturally skilled players.

tell me for one second that u actually think brawl is more fun than melee.....

BUM163

Smash Lord
i'm gonna call u acemarth lmao.

ightt me n acemarth just spoke. we gonna talk 2 management and see if brawl for saturday is good. if so, then we also wanna do the first crew battle for brawl this saturday includin singles n doubles. so start assemblin ya crews.

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
no one complains about melee as much because christ its been out for so god**** long, don't tell me there were no objections/disputes/PROBLEMS PERIOD when the game came out.

give brawl more than 2 1/2 months before you make any big judgements, apparently the west coast is done with the "snake epidemic" in that their top 10 isnt 80% snake and 20% meta. ill be honest that sounds very appealing and FUN and i can't wait til the game is fully figured out.

BUM163

Smash Lord
ightt me n acemarth just spoke. we gonna talk 2 management and see if brawl for saturday is good. if so, then we also wanna do the first crew battle for brawl this saturday includin singles n doubles. so start assemblin ya crews.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
lol @ madiaz, you took that from the video I showed you xD

Anyways, guess my plans are totally changed for this Friday since there'll be no Brawl and I can't assist on Saturday, and well, I won't bother with Melee.

Best wishes to you all though...

BUM163

Smash Lord
this is for one saturday n acemarth, we have to discuss the fee for crews, rules and how everything will go.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I never said I want brinstar to be a neutral. its my favorite stage in the entire game, but I understand why it's not neutral.

and I was talking about snake on delfino. idk, to me, he just isn't much of a problem there. not only that, but even w/ all the stage shifts, delfino always remains completely hazzard-less. and no character is bad on all parts of delfino.

and it's like bum said, u get TWO stage bans and a stage strike. if you don't like delfino.. you know what to do.

oh, and to address ur claim on me being bias, I love SEVERAL characters on delfino. I love the fact that one minute the stage can be difficult for you, and the next it can be easy. it changes the way people have to fight. its one of the few stages where camping isn't such a hassle.
Ur sayin it like i dont ever wanna play the stage at all. I myself kno how to use the stage. Theres alot of stages that dont have hazards but are counterpicks. Rainbow cruise doesnt have hazards but the stage moves. Castle siege, KJ64 doesnt even move, and so on. I kno im not the only one thinkin this because this seems to be the only state that has it as a neutral. I hear some ppl that want delfino but doesnt want PS1 as one but its more neutral then DP. If u wanna keep it neutral then go ahead. Just think about what defines a neutral in the first place.

Cia

das kwl
well, with pokefloats, there are no grabbable ledges, like mute city, which is also non- nuetral. delfino has ledges and water and brawl mechanics which makes sd-ing much less likely. through out each phase of rainbow cruise, I think there are like 5 ledges. AND rainbow cruise has floors that disappear right under you. you cannot say delfino is anything like those stages.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
well, with pokefloats, there are no grabbable ledges, like mute city, which is also non- nuetral. delfino has ledges and water and brawl mechanics which makes sd-ing much less likely. through out each phase of rainbow cruise, I think there are like 5 ledges. AND rainbow cruise has floors that disappear right under you. you cannot say delfino is anything like those stages.
Alright. Do what u want.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I think Delfino is fine as a Neutral....you can stage strike it if you want...put it like this if someone likes Delfino, they're gonna counterpick it anyway so it really doesn't matter. The first match is probably the only match where "nuetrals" matter because the match after that the loser is gonna pick the stage anyway. With that being said, the first match...if it so happens that it ends up on Delfino then simply strike it and try again. If you get Delfino twice (unlikely...) then hey..god hates you. It's pretty simple.

And I would appreciate it if you people that are relatively new to essay posts use adequate spacing and seperate your paragraphs properly..it's really ******** to read posts from adults and having to decipher it because it looks like a 10 yr old kid typed it. I feel like I'm reading Jman's post when I see Ninjalink and Vanz post...srsly guys c'mon. No offense here but seriously....my eyes suck so help me out :ohwell:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
D1 on Crismas's name:

I'm definitely gonna be there Saturday. I had mad fun playin Melee w/ Reno last night till 5am...and **** is he beast.

Yayyyy finally Brawl on Saturdays.

Time to make plans for my free Friday ^_^.

As much as I hate Delfino's design, I take advantage of the cheapness w/ Dedede whenever I have teh chance...but I definitely don't feel good inside when I do it V_v.

Anyways, like I said to some ppl. If you don't like the rules for NYC Smash either you move out, or try to get mad heads to complain at once to Bum in person or flood him IM box w/ mad angry IMs LMAO!!!

<3 Bum <3

And I hate arguing stop arguing...you guys make my head hurt.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
I see no signs of that amazingly lopsided debate coming back.. but to address your statement. you're asking people to be happy with something u are EXTREMELY turned off by. It's like trading in your rich super model girlfriend for a section 8, ugly, worn out, fat chick w/ random stds that just flare up whenever (tripping).. what a ****in trade

but if we must play brawl, I ask that we please leave delfino neutral. it gives some characters some characters a chance in really horrible match ups. and makes the so- called "broken tier" character seem not so devastating
lmfaoooo deffinately made my day lol

Hax

Smash Champion
yo sons, read my signature. thats right, $20 and i'll hack your wii so you can play ANY game on the VC and certain others that haven't been released - yes i do have smash 64. PM me or AIM me if we got a deal. :)

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
I'll probably go on friday and saturday. anyone willing to house me friday night so i don't have to go back home and then back to nyc again saturday morning? :D
Hey PC. I will house you for Friday night. I live like a block away from Bum so we can train or whatever. Let me know

Jay0yeah

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Enjoy!!!

I won't say any names. But a lot of people from Swat act like that, Alukard. Not only Swat but many people aside from Swat.

IF no one talks like that well then shame on me for judging.

But Alukard I will point out the people for you. We gonna hang and I will show you. Then you are going to be like O_O

Jay0yeah

LOL. I'm glad you notice some people in your crew that talk non sense when they lose, LOL. There is nothing wrong with losing and getting bent about it. But to be like "Brawl is wack" Yet one still plays it, its just too dam annoying.

BTW DJ Nintendo, whenever you lose you catch a heart attack. It's hilarious! You are the #1 Johnner in NYC Hands down. Don't you dare deny it

Jay0yeah

P.S. HOTBOX HAS A BEASTY BOWSER! AND DOESN'T HAVE THE GAME!!!! LOLLLLLL

-__-

Smash Ace
Not If I House Him First!!!

Hey PC. I will house you for Friday night. I live like a block away from Bum so we can train or whatever. Let me know

Jay0yeah
I'll probably go on friday and saturday. anyone willing to house me friday night so i don't have to go back home and then back to nyc again saturday morning? :D
yo PC mahdoooooooo lol i live ACROSS THE STREET FROM BUM!!! i will house u better then jay0yeah LOL i gots them free pizza's n cereal >.> lmao (i would havto ask my parents if its ok tho ;D)

thx

Smash Ace
BUM I WILL BRING MY SET UP GAME ANYTHING I WANNA PLAY GOOD PEOPLE i dont wanna go to a weekly and feel like im ready when im not (IF NOT BUM ANYONE)

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Brawl is too good.

DJ is right, you can't say a word anymore without it being a john.

There's some sort of unspoken city-wide rule in effect here.. ''if you lose don't say a phucking word don't even say good game cause you'll just be considered johning about how good the game was, either way you're johning" , pretty much.

Dj you're also wrong because you know you complained about Melee..

Bum is right, the smash community can be pretty stupid..but it doesn't surprise me seeing as how 80% of them are like 15 years old.

See I love this game even in my times where I lose to random players, and the only reason I hated melee back then was because I didn't have anything better to play, now I do...and I don't touch melee.

I won't be stupid and say to not play the game...and it's impossible to tell someone not to complain cause it's going to happen anyway, I want everyone complaining about brawl to continue to play because regardless it beefs up the weekly and gives me a better chance at winning more money once I get a hang of beating Snake =D

Somebody at Web2Zone really should figure something out about randomly cancelling the phucking tourney cause I know we had more time left, and me and Raffy were on our way to 2nd for some money back and what happened...everyone that joined lost their money. Bum.. asked you outside the store ''what are you gonna do about this unfinished tourney'' and you told me you don't know. The answer should have been simple..don't let anyone leave until they get the money back...that would have taken 10 minutes. Now i'm sitting here wondering 1. Where the money went. 2. Why the same thing happened last time with singles when we didn't finish it and nobody got anything back and 3. Is it really a gamble to join weeklies knowing they might not finish and return fees? Someone should post up a sign on the front door fridays that says ''Enter tourney at your own risk''

Someone somewhere out there will take this whole post as a john...about something...somehow...cause that's how the smasher mind works.

Either way Brawl is too good.

R3N0

Smash Lord
I concur for the first time w/ dire. completely.

Enter weeklies at your own risk--- NO REFUNDS

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
About the weeklies on Saturdays....I won't be going. I work that day...If this change is permanent I'll see if I can speak to my manager and get a change of schedule somehow... :(

And roflmao @Jman saying he's going to PA. Like that's far lolz. People travel from PA to NY to work everyday.. QUIT LAWLZ.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Ur sayin it like i dont ever wanna play the stage at all. I myself kno how to use the stage. Theres alot of stages that dont have hazards but are counterpicks. Rainbow cruise doesnt have hazards but the stage moves. Castle siege, KJ64 doesnt even move, and so on. I kno im not the only one thinkin this because this seems to be the only state that has it as a neutral. I hear some ppl that want delfino but doesnt want PS1 as one but its more neutral then DP. If u wanna keep it neutral then go ahead. Just think about what defines a neutral in the first place.
Now that i think about it... Castle Seige shud be a neutral if Delfino is a neutral. Also the flat parts in both Delfino and Castle Seige both take the same amount of time for the stage to either move or morph to a different platform. I may have been buggin out but u can do the experiment ur self. either way Both stages have flat parts where DDD can chaingrab off the stage

Top Bottom