• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
.. who is this??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also heres my idea of a good rule set.

- 3 stock
- 6 minute time limit
- best 2 of 3. finals matches being best 3 of 5
- Double Elimination
- items are OFF including smash ball

Neutral stages for singles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick stages for singles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Mario Circuit, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat

Nuetral Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages for Doubles
: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Mario Circuit, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat, Castle Seige, Frigate Orpheon, Bridge of Eldin

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Stage Strike Rule
: If a stage is selected at random, each player / team can elect to reset the stage pick ONCE PER SET. the reset all must occur within 3 seconds of the start of the match.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.

-Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
-Controller Mods are banned
-Glitches to remove control of the character from a player are bann.. yatayata

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification. Simple
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what does everyone think??
I agree to everyoething except Green greens as a counter pick. Wasn't it banned for singles? it might've been a counter pick for singles, but I did remember it being ban in singles for a reason

Also, I wanna add in some more stuff that should be counterpicks and Banned

Counter picks: Seige Castle, Pokemon Staium 2 (I can't see why we shouldn't use this stage. So many cool tricks you can do on that stage.), Halenbow,, Frigit Orphion, Sky World (AKA 'The Gimp Stage'), Nofair (Bum was right. It's somewhat easy to dodge the lava wave. It looks like it covers the entire screen, but a double jump and third jump at right timing can make you dodge it. There's also the option of the safty zone pod.)

Banned: Shadow Moses, Green Hill Zone, New Pork City, Port Town (car johns FTL),
Onett, Flat Zone 2, Flat Zone, Distant Planet, Spear Pillar (if no one wants to MM on a stage, that's a automatic ban), Rumble Falls, Mario Bros., Yoshi Island (Melee), The Summit, Wario Inc (T____T I love Ashley's music),

I think I covered all the stages.

You know, we should have some kind of NYC Meeting, possibly in someone's house who lives in Matt. That way, we can discuss this face to face and even test out stuff that could be banned. If not in Matt, then I don't mind my place (which it's in the Bronx.) What do ya think guys?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Ryan-K

Smash Master
you can air dodge the norfair lava by jumping and right before the lava in the back hits the top of the screen air dodge it takes like a minute to get down

Venom NY

Smash Lord
MARIO CURCUIT IS NOT BAD AND ALSO JUST ****ING BAN CHAINGRABBING WHY PPL CANT DO THAT ****. This community sucks balls if you dont see thats the problem.

ALSO TO ALL OF THOSE WHO WANT TO PLAY JUST RESPOND TO MY POST AND NAME A TIME AND PLACE I WILL COME TO ANYONES HOUSE AND FIGHT THEM. WES IS BACK IN ACTION TRAINING ANY PLAYING ANYONE LIKE THE OLD DAYS SO ANYONE AND ANYWHERE BRING IT *****ES. I WANT TO LEAVE MY MARK EVERYWHERE STARTING WITH SWAT AND TEAM S.

SO ANYONE HIT ME BACK SO WE CAN PLAY EACHOTHER **** ONLINE PLAY I WANT FACE TO FACE ACTION **** FC'S I WANT ADDY'S (ADDRESSES FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT).
i agress chain grabbing should be banned WHY US?WHAT DID I DO?

D1

Banned via Administration
Haha once I master a new technique it'll probably start gettin banned as well LMAO. Ppl will see once I get it down... ^_^.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
the only thing i think should be banned is if u get grabed (wobbleing lol) or anything and u die no matter what at any persent should be banned..

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
only one guy can chaingrab.
Peach can chain grab, but since people are crying about Peach and all, you dont need to worry about her being used in tournaments expect by me. Its me and my Crew member that are the opnly Peach mains in N.Y So stuff about peach people dont know yet.

She can chaingrab herself, Fox, DeDeDe and Falco from what I done so far.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Peach can chain grab, but since people are crying about Peach and all, you dont need to worry about her being used in tournaments expect by me. Its me and my Crew member that are the opnly Peach mains in N.Y So stuff about peach people dont know yet.

She can chaingrab herself, Fox, DeDeDe and Falco from what I done so far.
.... random

BUM163

Smash Lord
yo listen, ya people need to get stuff 2gether. this weekly will most likely be on friday due to the fact there is a jersey tournament and i wouldn't want to overlap them. i actually wanna go there. mario circuit is banned cause itz 2 cheap wit ddd and theres more cheap stuff to it, but mostly ddd. the counterpick rule vanz said i do like, so i might consider that into play real soon.

pictochat is a good counterpick stage which i will activate this weekly, norfair you can block, ledgegrab and use ur invinclibity frames, sidestep or air dodge so there shouldn't be no excuses. port town is easy if u actually use a lil bit of time to learn when the cars come. like pc said, i'm dk second biggest in the game and i can avoid the cars easy. they only come in 4 parts and the stage has to land in those spots, in order for the cars to come. shadow moses in single play is most likely out, but in doubles i will most likely keep.

the two bans for one neutral and one counterpick is actually a good idea, but it can also be bad also. i'm not to sure on that one. i want these tournaments to be as fair as possible and cater to ya. all i ask is to response and let me know how ya feel on rules and stages. the sooner the better so i can throw big tournaments and actually adversite to bring in more people. also people i will be throwing crew monthlies so start a crew or join one. the prices and stuff will be coming in soon. i know theres enough crews to do this so look for crew monthlies soon.

Cia

das kwl
falco can chain grab, and many others can on stages that have walls..

and chaingrabing is completely DI-able (unless ur bowser, dedede, or rob)

HAHAHA, just the fact that chaingrabbing is even debated shows that ur "oh-so perfect" game may not be as balanced as everyone says..

how shameful. no combos, no smash DI, no double stick DI, ZERO sheild stun, and there's still a "cheap" tactic.

I <3 brawl

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i did not know the m101 gets to cooper square i should be there this week
first post of the 666th page i am satan :laugh::laugh: jkjkjk

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Its A Shame To The Game That *****s Are Lame

Wow good ol bum why ban mario curcuit u letting ppl control u once again just bann the ****ing chaingrabbing even peachs **** too wtf. ALL CHAINGRABBING ITS funny how things change over they yrs. i remember ppl use to praise ppl with shear skills not shear cheapness. Nowadays cheapness is praised nowadays its all just about the "W"
dont matter how good the person is skilledwise if he/she wins by doing anything ****ing he can win off of everyone sding of lossing by a broken character dont matter he is called the best lol. If i ever quit this game its because of the new community.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
You can't ban all chaingrabbing because a lot of it is DI'able. If someone can't DI out of the chain grab tough cookies, what's the point of banning that when you can abuse someone not knowing how to DI....As for D3s chaingrab, it's like wobbling, I don't know why people think this should be legal, just ban that. Don't ban all chaingrabs though...

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Whoever is going on Saturday, I would really like to go! Please... Lol. How are people getting there, car right? If so, could I freakin' pool with you?

Alukard

Smash Hero

HAHAHA, just the fact that chaingrabbing is even debated shows that ur "oh-so perfect" game may not be as balanced as everyone says..

how shameful. no combos, no smash DI, no double stick DI, ZERO sheild stun, and there's still a "cheap" tactic.

I <3 brawl
L A W L Z

i guess wife was right huh jaden ... just be patient the game is so ******** when the big shots lose cuz of a random trip or a stupid grab they will understand balanced lmaoooo

this game is best for when ur bored at a melee smashfest and been playing for a while ... so u pop this game in ... play with items have a blast lol

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Wow good ol bum why ban mario curcuit u letting ppl control u once again just bann the ****ing chaingrabbing even peachs **** too wtf. ALL CHAINGRABBING ITS funny how things change over they yrs. i remember ppl use to praise ppl with shear skills not shear cheapness. Nowadays cheapness is praised nowadays its all just about the "W"
dont matter how good the person is skilledwise if he/she wins by doing anything ****ing he can win off of everyone sding of lossing by a broken character dont matter he is called the best lol. If i ever quit this game its because of the new community.
But you won't quit because a good majority of the old community is still around you =). The scrubs will be weeded out in time Wes.

BUM163

Smash Lord
i neva wanted mario circuit in singles. i try it out and itz just a big stage full of cheap stuff. if i wanted to with dk, i can take the first stock and wait at the edges every other stock. i'm not changing cause the community said so and nothin is into play yet anyway, but honestly that stage is no good in singles in my opinion. like pictochat i'm most likely gonna put into play not cause of people sayin it, but because i tested it and theres only like one real part that can kill u.

now wes explain why you feel mario circuit shouldn't be banned? ya people talk about ******** stuff instead of rules and stages. by thursday i will have things set up again so please lets get this done and over with. to ban a chainthrow even if itz super easy is stupid. i do hate that chain throw, but until offical tournaments say to ban it, i won't ban it. if you know about fightin games in tournaments, infinites are never banned.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I think I will be coming to every other nyc weekly because NJ weeklies start up again this Friday and I must be somewhat loyal to my state lol even though I had a blast last Friday. A BLAST!

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wes if you read this, can I play you in a ZSS ditto? MM or not, doesn't matter to me. I just haven't played a really good player that uses her yet.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
No, PC got second at that weekly because not only is he a smart player, Marth is still very deadly in this game, just not cheap.

Though that's why he got 2nd, and you...you can't even win friendlies.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
MARIO CURCUIT IS NOT BAD AND ALSO JUST ****ING BAN CHAINGRABBING WHY PPL CANT DO THAT ****. This community sucks balls if you dont see thats the problem.
Even if chaingrabbing was banned, it doesn't change the fact that mario circuit shouldn't be on

I would expect someone who's been in the community as long as I have to understand why...

And it's not just cuz of chaingrabbing...

-__-

Smash Ace

I <3 brawl
2 shines= gg isnt cheap i guess that makes melee better =\

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
When I played vanz i just would space myself to not get caught...is it that hard? I mean...I just

Anyways... there is a reason why the rules are v1 is because this is in the making I just wanted something up.

Its a community decision about these rules for the weeklies so we will see but I do NOT recommend that we ban any moves in this game yet or at all. Just my opinion...its like in MvC2 you get caught in an infinite its your **** fault.

But eh what do i know.

Alukard

Smash Hero
2 shines= gg isnt cheap i guess that makes melee better =\
but its not as easy as a grab dude ... seriously ... it isn't ... good players don't get shine gimped as often as bad players do ... its a fact ... and if its easy everyone would b picking fox in nyc and winning with him ... i mean i ****ing dare people to pick fox against me ... really plz go pick him ... i'm sure vanz and other good players would love to gimp and combo the crap out of a fox that thinks he can just shine to win lmaooo

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
but its not as easy as a grab dude ... seriously ... it isn't ... good players don't get shine gimped as often as bad players do ... its a fact ... and if its easy everyone would b picking fox in nyc and winning with him ... i mean i ****ing dare people to pick fox against me ... really plz go pick him ... i'm sure vanz and other good players would love to gimp and combo the crap out of a fox that thinks he can just shine to win lmaooo
LOLOL

Cmon you guys live in NYC you have at least have had to see Bum grab a fox at least once LOLOLOL.

Na I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about.

Hax, your ridiculous.... LOL at the once in a lifetime hax tour to the vending machine in Upenn LOLOLOLOLOL.

-__-

Smash Ace
99.02834% of Earth uses fox becuz of the shine n over powered up killing moves >.> n its hard as hell to grab...i mean New Jersey wasn't even letting me get 2 feet from him (i guess that means good players dont get chain grabbed) :embarrass

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
99.02834% of Earth uses fox becuz of the shine n over powered up killing moves >.> n its hard as hell to grab...i mean New Jersey wasn't even letting me get 2 feet from him (i guess that means good players dont get chain grabbed) :embarrass
thats true but 99.3938028% people use Pit because of his arrows and his spamable smashes and his rediculous recovery.

The cheapness of chaingrabbing in brawl isnt even what makes it worse then melee but im not gonna get into that.

chaingrabbing should not be banned because its just another move. the IC's chain grab in melee wasnt banned and that **** was almost just as bad as fuuckin wobbling. no-one realised it but it really was. just dont get grabbed >_> lol

brawl...

dmbrandon

Smash Master
v_v!@!!@!@!@!@!@@@@@@@@@@@2

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Fox is obviously broken in melee lol. Just because people can't just pick Fox and win right away that doesn't make him not broken.

Oh hold on I grabbed Fox and I'm comboing him because I'm following him wherever he DI's and I'm predicting him. I'm outsmarting the opponent.... I'm playing better than him.... oh wait he's spamming random buttons on the controller and he managed to accidentally shine me and I'm dead.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Fox is obviously broken in melee lol. Just because people can't just pick Fox and win right away that doesn't make him not broken.

Oh hold on I grabbed Fox and I'm comboing him because I'm following him wherever he DI's and I'm predicting him. I'm outsmarting the opponent.... I'm playing better than him.... oh wait he's spamming random buttons on the controller and he managed to accidentally shine me and I'm dead.
he may be broken but comon that was an exaggeration. at higher levels of play it still requires a large amount of skill on the fox players side to win. More then half the smash community is already use to playing foxes and know how to **** him, as alukard said. but like i said its not about broken tactics is about getting around them...

Wait my cat just told me that in melee you could zero to death COMBO fox if he was being cheap.

and then he [my cat] just happened to mention how chain grabbing is easier to do in brawl then shine spiking in melee.

**** hes smart >_>

10,000th post!?!?1

Top Bottom