• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Delfino should be taken out of neutral stages. and I hope the pokemon stadium mentioned isn't BRAWL pokemon stadium. when the stage changes its so stupid. Melee Stadium is ok. I would also put on castle siege for singles

Take off Mario Circuit, you can get chain grabbed off the stage, thats ridiculous.
Everything else is ok.

Bridge of eldin should be removed from doubles, again cause.. chaingrabbed off the stage is too ridiculous.
Thats all, everything else looks good vanz.
Wait, why Delfino need to be taken out? It's a good neutral stage. No hazzard, stage ground slightly changes from time to time. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Same with Pokemon Statium for Brawl. what's wrong with it? It changes just like the Melee one and none of them are really hazzardless. The only one I can see as a problem is the electrical stage, but even still it's not that huge of a issue.

D1, NinjaLink's gimps are not sexy. They're full of frustration XD jk

does a stall count if Peach grabs the ledge and then contantly either drops down then jumps so she can auto-sweetspot the ledge or just forward Bs the ledge constantly? Just wondering.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Yes to peach stall

and deflino b/c the sudden stage change kills, b/c if you're doing an upb for whatever reason the stage lifts off mad quick and insta gimp.

pokemon stadium b/c the air level and the electric? its so lame.. the melee stadium didnt modify physics. just platforms.

BUM163

Smash Lord
delfino is stayin as neutral for now. itz a great stage and i feel almost every character can fight there. wat do ya think about port town being in tourney? cort i'm the one that made up the 2 ban rule and now diem brandon is using it also. itz actually real good to use.

D1

Banned via Administration
No meatriding intended, but when NL gets mad his sh** as frustrating as it is...its still amazing so no johnz. PS2 is a no...eff that Rockin...you can play it w/ your casual buddies k?

PS1 is fine...ppl can john about ledges...but all you gotta do is practice on it and work around that sh**.

Delfino's amazing...you suck if you let Dedede CG you on that stage. Be more aware of your surroundings as well...if you notice you're fighting on a certain part of the level for too long...be prepared to catch the stage when it moves again...Norfair I used to cuss and swear at (j/k), but Bum was right about that stage...its playable just block the lava...no need to go in the stupid safe haven crap.

Port Town I'm still negative on tho sry...and not cuz I lost on it. It's just screaming ban me.

Look at it...the songs are hot tho I won't front...but I can always listen to 'em on my PSP as I play...so gg.

Also, be sensible when stalling on the edge...its an unwritten rule.

Cort

Apple Head
oh haha, I just made it up myself too

looks like great minds think alike

To be honest I think ridiculously overpowered hazards like the cars in port town should never be seen in competitive play, even if you can predict them and try and dodge them, the times they hit because you got combod into them or accidentally slipped up that once out of 100 is the time you lost a stock at 30 and potentially lose the set cause of something as stupid and random as these hazards.

R3N0

Smash Lord
.. i wanna play on metaknight stage for "gourmet race" and i wanna play on castle siege for the theme for F.E.

D1

oh haha, I just made it up myself too

looks like great minds think alike

To be honest I think ridiculously overpowered hazards like the cars in port town should never be seen in competitive play, even if you can predict them and try and dodge them, the times they hit because you got combod into them or accidentally slipped up that once out of 100 is the time you lost a stock at 30 and potentially lose the set cause of something as stupid and random as these hazards.
Basically, the reason why my demon side came out once V_v...in Brawl tourneys you only have 3 stocks to live...thats one less than Melee. Now you have at least one chance to make a mistake cuz you'll have 2 stocks left to work w/. In Melee on SD was nothing cuz you still had at least 3 stocks to work w/. W/ Brawl on the other hand its pretty much gg vs. an extremely smart opponent that you're on par w/. If he gets that early random car kill...expect him to play it safe the rest of the match and capitalize on that...maybe even hoping for another gay car kill.

If only that stage didn't have the cars...I'd play it sooo much...cuz the music really is awesome and its hella nice to look at.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yes to peach stall

and deflino b/c the sudden stage change kills, b/c if you're doing an upb for whatever reason the stage lifts off mad quick and insta gimp.

pokemon stadium b/c the air level and the electric? its so lame.. the melee stadium didnt modify physics. just platforms.
Ahh, okay. I didn't see the pokemon stage as that bad of an issue. sorry >>

also, D1, while I havn't heard too much of the Port Town music, I do understand how you feel. I wanna listen to some of that New Pork City music, but I can't because it's a Hyrule stage with lights T_T

Also, I only ask about the stall because Peach can get invincibility frames while doing that.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Delfino should be taken out of neutral stages. and I hope the pokemon stadium mentioned isn't BRAWL pokemon stadium. when the stage changes its so stupid. Melee Stadium is ok. I would also put on castle siege for singles

Take off Mario Circuit, you can get chain grabbed off the stage, thats ridiculous.
Everything else is ok.

Bridge of eldin should be removed from doubles, again cause.. chaingrabbed off the stage is too ridiculous.
Thats all, everything else looks good vanz.
At this point, u critize brawl too much for u to be saying ur opinion of stages. No offense Reno. Its like Jesus on the Cross. Melee was a fun game tho, i miss my wavedashing luigi but Brawl is unique in its onn way, just gotta study it

R3N0

Smash Lord
Who are you again I'm sorry?

I'll give my opinion b/c I can. I don't like this game as much as melee, so what? I'm gonna say the phuck I wanna say.

So phuck you, No offense though.

ggbai.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Who are you again I'm sorry?

I'll give my opinion b/c I can. I don't like this game as much as melee, so what? I'm gonna say the phuck I wanna say.

So phuck you, No offense though.

ggbai.
He is just some bad kid who wants to be kewl and say " I like brawl and because you can not **** me as much that means I am good " lol

or just go with the he is a moron lol

Why bring up jesus and the cross?

Don't you mean a different reference lol

Seriously I like both games but I know their limits so far.

Besides forums are suppose to be a place to say your views. Don't like it? go the Tec0 way and block ppl lol

D1

Ph.D means well so everyone fall back. Reno's stage choices were ideal tho Ph. D. Anywho enough about Melee v. Brawl just shut up.

Get your Metrocards and play at someone's house if your desires can't be satisfied at the weeklies. Its that easy. Anyway, did you take what Cort said to heart Bum about Port Town? Or do I need more votes?

BUM163

Smash Lord
port town i know wat ya mean, but when have u really seen sumone get combo into a car? usually when the part comes i run to the spots i can't get hit. not only that when u usually get combo u tend to fly much higher in this game than usual. i just love port town alot cuz the way it is and especially the music is ****in beast.

R3N0

Smash Lord
port town is so lame >_< music is hot but the cars.. like.. for slower characters can get annoying as hell and for light characters? dead at 30. lets be real.. atleast in melee it just popped u up a lil..

D1

Hey guys, what about the electroplanton stage? is that a decent counter pick?
Wayyyy too many floors imagine supreme camping on that stage.

Many multileveled stages are banned due to campers.

Camping isn't banned since its a viable strategy to win...but to limit a camper's options...they take away stages that allow campers to make winning impossible for his opponent hence why Hyrule and New Pork City are permabans upon sight.

*pound* for loving PTown's music Bum and Re-Re ^_^.

*double-pound* for Re-Re's input as well. (In no way, shape, or form did I coerce him to do so.)

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
if u say a stage is gay that must me u dont have enuff exp. with it. Learn the stages and it will be aight. Port Towns a fun stage, but yeah i guess with tthe cars and watever i can see y every1 complains
@D1: ...yeah ur right
@Reno: lolz how effective is getting angry with me online?

Cia

das kwl
god I hope I discover the new wobbling or perfect the samus air-grapple > jab infinite..

than everyone will hate brawl..

or even better, they discover VC and brawl will be dropped from tournament play faster than soul calibur 3.. LOLOLOL

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
He is just some bad kid who wants to be kewl and say " I like brawl and because you can not **** me as much that means I am good " lol

or just go with the he is a moron lol

Why bring up jesus and the cross?

Don't you mean a different reference lol

Seriously I like both games but I know their limits so far.
I kiss ***

Besides forums are suppose to be a place to say your views. Don't like it? go the Tec0 way and block ppl lol

umm u are?????..........
Play me in Halo

R3N0

Smash Lord
Its good cuz I get to be E-cool and have that mean a$$ e-status. don't hate. cuz u nobody.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Dude... He made this thread... Who are YOU?...
Who am i? I'm Spider-man....
but seriously,
he did? i dont remember see him at the weeklies, i see everybody else but him and reno.
Maybe i have... Who u Dial? I dont remember see in u at weeklies either, last we was the first time i ever seen a dial at w2z

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i just dont get the logic in banning something because it's "gay"
seems really subjective.

e.g. chaingrabbings cool cause you shouldn't have gotten grabbed and you can di.
stalling is bad because......
stalling is cool because they have to come back onto the stage and you shouldn't have let them stall in the first place.

basically from i just see a player feeling the exact same way getting chaingrabbed to death as they would being unable to attack an opponent due to stalling.

also lol at ham or w/e and lol at everyone flaming him.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Its good cuz I get to be E-cool and have that mean a$$ e-status. don't hate. cuz u nobody.
umm no one has been asking for ur autograph so that means ur a nobody also. Just a regular smasher.

but yeah Bum wats up for Friday?

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
wow.....lets all get on phd cuz we dont know him.... grow up yo. And wow Alex did not expect that from you

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
i just dont get the logic in banning something because it's "gay"
seems really subjective.

e.g. chaingrabbings cool cause you shouldn't have gotten grabbed and you can di.
stalling is bad because......
stalling is cool because they have to come back onto the stage and you shouldn't have let them stall in the first place.

basically from i just see a player feeling the exact same way getting chaingrabbed to death as they would being unable to attack an opponent due to stalling.

also lol at ham or w/e and lol at everyone flaming him.
lolz true true

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Lolz Infamous Ph.D already...relax yall smash is a game lets go back to talk about stages are sum sort.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
but seriously,
he did? i dont remember see him at the weeklies, i see everybody else but him and reno.
Maybe i have... Who u Dial? I dont remember see in u at weeklies either, last we was the first time i ever seen a dial at w2z
I've been there twice. I just moved here. And I believe I'm the only Dial... So it was probably me. Tall white boy with long hair.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
but seriously,
Wow lol

Noobs

I'll play you in Halo and beat you bad...the team in my sig is my pro team lol

But I am not gonna brag about halo when Ace plays better I am just a great coach with pretty good insight and some decent br lol

In case you were wondering I was the reason Ace Marth works there and I pretty much made W2Z what it is made Zenith and everything but I am not here to give my resume ( though I could lol ) but just because you did not see me did not mean I didn't see you. Pretty much until Oct, I put most of the weeklies together along with Jayoyeah but thats another story I should put to paper cause its fun to read...like I said your a random til you prove yourself ( not to disrespect but thats how forums go...I went through it and so did many people here )

Either way do not come in here bashing anyone cause they like a game more than another. My opinion is that I like both games but I like to watch Melee more for speed ( same with MVC2/3s as I love to watch MVC2 more but IMO GGXXAC is the best game to watch fighting game wise ) but I play Brawl more because I have trouble committing myself to the Melee memory ( aka doing L cancels/wavedashing and such by heart ).

Either way always remeber one thing kiddies

Play nice and no disrespecting people who know more unless they deserve it lol.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I agree with the rules except for two things....

Jungle Japes being a counterpick stage
and
Pokemon Stadium being a neutral

The reason I strongly disagree with this is because these stages are different now in Brawl...

Pokemon Stadium's windmill is a lot more of a distraction this time around. This stage is definitely more of a counterpick stage due to it's changed windmill imo. It actually makes a lot more of a difference than you'd think.

And Jungle Japes.... I think it should be banned. Don't get me wrong here though, I LOVED playing on Jungle Japes in melee, but in brawl it's very weird and different and I can't really describe it, you just have to play on it for yourself. I think it has a lot to do with the overall differences in the physics of the game and using this melee stage doesn't really fit well for me.

Other than these two things, I think the rules are actually very fair.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Wow lol

Noobs

I'll play you in Halo and beat you bad...the team in my sig is my pro team lol

But I am not gonna brag about halo when Ace plays better I am just a great coach with pretty good insight and some decent br lol

In case you were wondering I was the reason Ace Marth works there and I pretty much made W2Z what it is made Zenith and everything but I am not here to give my resume ( though I could lol ) but just because you did not see me did not mean I didn't see you. Pretty much until Oct, I put most of the weeklies together along with Jayoyeah but thats another story I should put to paper cause its fun to read...like I said your a random til you prove yourself ( not to disrespect but thats how forums go...I went through it and so did many people here )

Either way do not come in here bashing anyone cause they like a game more than another. My opinion is that I like both games but I like to watch Melee more for speed ( same with MVC2/3s as I love to watch MVC2 more but IMO GGXXAC is the best game to watch fighting game wise ) but I play Brawl more because I have trouble committing myself to the Melee memory ( aka doing L cancels/wavedashing and such by heart ).

Either way always remeber one thing kiddies

Play nice and no disrespecting people who know more unless they deserve it lol.
Thats not hard to ask, I respect that
, yeah i believe i played ace on Halo before cuz he told me that he was recruiting and he said he played me b4 idk but as far as Halo goes "bring it!!!" i been wait for a challenge way too long...and yeah i seen omni-slayer crew name b4; i do my research. But yeah yeah good speech tho, i'll respect that

R3N0

Smash Lord
HE SUCKS SO BAD OMFG! WOW! HAHAHAHA
Mad ppl ask for my autograph! They don't ask no more cuz i gave em already, who is you? sorry peace =p

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
^ double post...

vanz learn to drive so you can take me places in new jersey and meet my parents and make them feel like you are a safe and responsible person who will take care of their growing boy while he goes to tourneys all over the place. lol please?
Summer time hit me up, I got you. Thats when My Car comes in :)

since there are so many weird viable counterpicks I allowed people to strike 2 from the list in my ruleset for the next ESTICLE..

what do you guys think about that rule?
There wont be that many stages to play on since lots are being banned. I'll have to say I dont think its a good Idea. Thats my opinion on it.

Also, people back of Ph.D. He is cool peoples. It was cuase of him I even have a wii right now. Dude went through alot for me. and I still thank him to this day. So back off.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
just went i though Me and lightxdream shook hands on there, more instigates come. But yeah IF hes that good in halo i wanna play him, i wanna see wat level im at and where i can improve on

Top Bottom