• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Eggm

Smash Hero
No, PC got second at that weekly because not only is he a smart player, Marth is still very deadly in this game, just not cheap.

Though that's why he got 2nd, and you...you can't even win friendlies.
Why even bring character into this? According to you at dm brandons tournament this game is soooooooooooooooooooo balanced. Also when bum said pc wont' b good in this game cause of high tier what I said hes "yes he will hes a really smart player." So no new news to me. Also what are these friendlies I can't win in? I"m pretty sure i've only ever played jman/vanz from NYC both of whom I did really well against and won every single match. Then at my first ever brawl singles tournament in md/va (argueably the best smash area once again) I placed 7th nearly defeating their # 1 player and had him say "Eggm you were my hardest match in that tournament" AFter not practicing what so ever. So without caring about this horrible game AT ALL I did that. What have you done got 2nd at a best buy tournament with items? Congratulations. Wes please by all means quit. Or keep losing to jman, hearing about that is funny. Especially since you went to like triple the amount of tournaments jman did when you lost to him and trashed talked him the week before for getting dead last. Then he barley practices and doesn't even own a wii and gets 5th and beats you.. this game is whack. Everyone will quit soon enough. And if not I can't wait to see power rankings change on a weekly basis cause no one can consistently place since this game once you hit a high level comes down to rock paper sissors. That should be amusing.

Maybe if all of D.A quits the NYC brawl scene will become somewhat bearable and if theres ever a saturday tournament I'll show up.

Cia

das kwl
Leo - shining is cheap. I'm not denying that. but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

You guys are saying that brawl is the better game because it's sooooo balanced.. yet guys are debating whether to ban a strategy, or ban multiple stages because of the strategy.. either way.. HAHAHAHA

at least melee has cheap tactics and different weight classes / fall speeds so certain combos work on certain chars.. thus making counter pick more effective.

if I lose to a king dedede in brawl on FD because of chain grab what am I'm gonna do, take him battlefield?? LOLOLOL yeeah, because you know, dedede can't chaingrab there LOLOLOL

I really don't hate brawl, I just hate what it's done to the community. How people can stand there and say that brawl lives up to it's predecessor is like WOW. it's probably the WORST case of denial I've ever seen.. anyway..
-------------------------------------------

snakeee - I'll ZSS ditto you, I think mine is pretty solid now :p

Cia

das kwl
Leo - shining is cheap. I'm not denying that. but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

You guys are saying that brawl is the better game because it's sooooo balanced.. yet guys are debating whether to ban a strategy, or ban multiple stages because of the strategy.. either way.. HAHAHAHA

at least melee has cheap tactics and different weight classes / fall speeds so certain combos work on certain chars.. thus making counter pick more effective.

if I lose to a king dedede in brawl on FD because of chain grab what am I'm gonna do, take him battlefield?? LOLOLOL yeeah, because you know, dedede can't chaingrab there LOLOLOL

I really don't hate brawl, I just hate what it's done to the community. How people can stand there and say that brawl lives up to it's predecessor is like WOW. it's probably the WORST case of denial I've ever seen.. anyway..

Snakeee

Smash Master

No fighting game is ever going to be completely balanced, but I think Brawl is alot more balanced SO FAR compared to Melee. I for one love both games regardless though, and I don't see how it's so crazy to think that Brawl is as good as Melee.

And Woohoo about ZSS dittos, I can hardly find anyone that plays her at all.

Eggm

Smash Hero
If were talking about a competitive game brawl doesn't' even come close to comparing to melee. And I don't wanna hear the only been out for 2 months crap, cause the fact that combos don't exist and edge guarding is dumbed down due to auto sweet spot and several other horrible horrible game mechanics are not going to change with any amount of time. Vanz I see it the exact same way as you when you said this :

"I really don't hate brawl, I just hate what it's done to the community. How people can stand there and say that brawl lives up to it's predecessor is like WOW. it's probably the WORST case of denial I've ever seen.. anyway.."

I just hate how it decreased tournaments in general reguardless of what game they are for and split the community and caused so much hate.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Yes, I know that I was exaggerating. But that exaggeration had a purpose, and that purpose was to illustrate how Fox's shine by itself can kill in one hit. No combos needed. You don't have to outsmart anyone. Okay, okay, I know what that comment might spark and maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but just try for a second to see it from my perspective....

This argument is about the balance of characters, and sure I could use Ness and do some amazing combos to a Fox, maybe even a zero-death combo. I'd have to be pretty **** good to do it though. You don't have to be too good to shine somebody off of the stage though.

Believe me, there are MANY things about Brawl that piss me off though. Like the extreme lengths that noob-friendliness has reached.... like the most effective camping ever, the lack of **** combos, the fact that you randomly trip over your own feet...

Yes, that stuff is really dumb.

But there is a lot of potential with Brawl in competitive play, and there's a line between being skeptical about a game's competitiveness and just being plain stubborn. Yes, PC is really **** good and he won with Marth. Eggm's argument about the placings being inconsistent is only true for the time being though.... because think about it: The game came out in the US THIS MONTH. The levels that melee's competitive play has reached are so overwhelming. Try to remember when melee first came out, how you played then. Pretty **** bad, right? If you held tournaments around that time every week, I'd say the placings would be pretty **** inconsistent.

I could go on forever about a lot of issues and why I think that Brawl can be competitive and even revolutionary in competitive gaming but for now I'm gonna stop here.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
Wow...Wes, what the hell does that have to do with anything Eggm said, son? Nothing, so that's kind of grimey to go off on this kids weight. And this Brawl Melee beef is going to just get this thread locked again >_>. Can we please not have this debate over here? We have Scars threat for that.

And to comment on Eggm: Personally I feel that brawl is a better game. I feel this way because I believe it allows you to think more because you can't go off on you tech skill and 0 to death someone. You have to apply each move, thinking ahead of your opponent so you can keep your momentum going. And yes, you have to do that in melee is well, but brawl has given someone on the defense more options, so I suppose the agressive player may feel that the game is worse because in order to pressure your opponent it's a lot more challenging, but whatevs, I'm probably going to get flamed for that ANYWAY...>_>

Cia

das kwl

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
And to comment on Eggm: Personally I feel that brawl is a better game. I feel this way because I believe it allows you to think more because you can't go off on you tech skill and 0 to death someone. You have to apply each move, thinking ahead of your opponent so you can keep your momentum going. And yes, you have to do that in melee is well, but brawl has given someone on the defense more options, so I suppose the agressive player may feel that the game is worse because in order to pressure your opponent it's a lot more challenging, but whatevs, I'm probably going to get flamed for that ANYWAY...>_>
Quite the admirable point Cass.

melee's metagame was overly reliant on technical skill, now kids try and follow me here. The foundation of it is technicality...YET tons of mindgames can be derived from that technical base which split it's metagame balance at 75% technicality and 25% strategic planning. Brawl has adimittedly and obviously removed most of that technicality in favor of mindgames which flips the table to 75% mindgames and 25% technicality. Unfortunately most of the community was much too reliant on this technical strategies and never developed much in mental strategy.

Hence why iv'e been owning the crap out of nearly everyone I've played with half my mental effort (outside of my crew) because i've always been that type of player in melee.

it's your opinion to say melee is better, and you can't be wrong there...but you're simply unable to prove as a whole why it's better than brawl. simple as that.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
stuff slips by the creator. d3 grabbing should just be banned. or honestly no more johns from anyone. i say everyone just mains him. and every round be filled with the jaw dropping exciting chain grabbing. to say the game isn't more balanced than melee is a lie. to say it's just as competitive as melee is a lie. there are a handful of tatics in this game that can be abused and since it's early we can get rid of it or honestly i say just make it a rule-less brawl.
jiggly puff stalling = chain grabbing. the same way cg is di dependent. jiggly puff has to land eventually. and if he grabs the ledge, well you could've too. im in favor of making it a competitive game and fun rather than win by any means necessary.

also all the smack talking going on...
yall all need to hug it out.

BUM163

Smash Lord
people who like street fighter 3rd strike will like brawl. people who like marvel vs capcom 2 like melee. simple as that. honest truth alot of smash community don't think and cause people pick up falco or fox it was easy to abuse shield. look at all the people that say they dislike brawl and look at the character they use in melee lol. ya people are hilarious. ya was up and coming and had fan support and now ya afraid of losing rank and fan support.

seriously end this nonsense cause i can easily just cut off ny brawl weeklies. ya need 2 face important facts that brawl is the newer version and that tends to take out the older game regardless if itz bad or good. we still fighting for rules and if ya don't put ya two cents on the table, i'm puttin my whole dollar in and thatz that. wake the **** up man seriously. ya be pissing me off wit the same bull**** every week.

if u hate the game get the **** out.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
If were talking about a competitive game brawl doesn't' even come close to comparing to melee. And I don't wanna hear the only been out for 2 months crap, cause the fact that combos don't exist and edge guarding is dumbed down due to auto sweet spot and several other horrible horrible game mechanics are not going to change with any amount of time. Vanz I see it the exact same way as you when you said this :

"I really don't hate brawl, I just hate what it's done to the community. How people can stand there and say that brawl lives up to it's predecessor is like WOW. it's probably the WORST case of denial I've ever seen.. anyway.."

I just hate how it decreased tournaments in general reguardless of what game they are for and split the community and caused so much hate.
i see no problem with brawl. it's about playing smart and mind games. also i don't see how people can say there are no combos when there clearly are combos with any character. :laugh:

i really think everyone's just wasting time talking about both games. if you like one game more than the other you don't need to bring up discussions and see what everybody else thinks. i love both games though so i don't bring up arguments about the game.

everyone needs to stop hating brawl :dizzy:

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman

melee's metagame was overly reliant on technical skill, now kids try and follow me here. The foundation of it is technicality...YET tons of mindgames can be derived from that technical base which split it's metagame balance at 75% technicality and 25% strategic planning. Brawl has adimittedly and obviously removed most of that technicality in favor of mindgames which flips the table to 75% mindgames and 25% technicality. Unfortunately most of the community was much too reliant on this technical strategies and never developed much in mental strategy.

Hence why iv'e been owning the crap out of nearly everyone I've played with half my mental effort (outside of my crew) because i've always been that type of player in melee.

it's your opinion to say melee is better, and you can't be wrong there...but you're simply unable to prove as a whole why it's better than brawl. simple as that.
Thank you Dire, I'm glad someone can actually understand what I' m saying and comprehend it without saying stupid comments such as. "Well you're biased because you weren't good at melee" or " Well Melee is better because there are combos and you can punish easier."

I have an issue with two major statements that seem to just run through the boards.

The first being: Brawl is a campfest you can't punish someone affectively.

And two being: There are no combos in brawl.

I'll comment on the first, Brawl may seem like a campfest considering the majority feels that's the easiest way to win a match. And it may seem like there is no punishment in the game if you are look at this game as if this is Melee 2.0 or something foolish like that. I first comment on this by stating, stop thinking melee standards, if you stop doing that, this game will make so much more sense. The punishments in this game just isn't as traditional as melee. Normally you would try to punish someone with an auto combo. But in brawl, you mind can never stop working if you want to punish someone affectively you need to predict them affectively, so if you decide to punish a failed aerial, you can grab them and up through them, and predict when they air dodge, (assuming they air dodge) You can further punish them with an upair or something of the sorts.

And two being: There are no combos in brawl.

A lot of this pertains to what I said when it comes to the first comment. There are only a select few of TRADITIONAL combos in this game, you can still do combos, it just goes down to predicting them, and punishing accordingly one after the other.

But I'm almost done arguing this only because people just don't get it.

BUM163

Smash Lord
eggm is stupid. how he sayz v.a is the best in this game when this game came out march 9th. there hasn't been big tournaments and just cause you place 9th don't mean you're good or anyone else. let me tell ya something about this idiot. this guy had spam 1 stock and eggm had 4 stocks, spam took all 4 lifes by holdin on 2 the ledge and then in the conversation he sayz oh i was gonna punch him in the face, this game is mad cheap, i can't wait 4 brawl to come out lmaoooo. ask pc why he came in second. he ask for tips and i told him straight i didn't think he could become as good as player in this game, but i neva said he wasn't smart.

this guy is startin trouble for no reason. after i scape his *** online he was makin mad excuses and then since i said somethin he block me for sayin oh u don't have the laser cheap tatic to help u out and thatz the truth. 90 percent of smash players were peach, marth, falco, fox, captain and shiek. ask eggm to play as another character and see where he gets.

this community pisses me off. real talk alot of us are over 20 and ya whine like a female wit her period. stfu and lets talk about wat needs to be talk about and then b good.

one last thing. please stop bringing up that the game doesn't have combos. the only reason why melee had beast combos cause they were fast fallers. dk for example can only 0 to death fox just cause he fell like the ***** was 1000 pounds when he was like 40 soak and wet. once u reach higher percents u couldn't combo and yes u can combo in brawl just not as much and big dudes just hit strong instead of doin combos like their are fast people.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117

i hope that isnt directed towards me.... i think i was doin pretty godd4mn good ^_^

and i agree.... more thought now

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
LMFAO @ EVERYBODY

SAYING THERE ARE MORE MINDGAMES IN BRAWL THEN MELEE OR U HAVE TO THINK MORE....

WHEN MELEE U HAVE TO THINK FASTER CAUSE U HAVE A SHORT HOP NAIR COMING IN YOUR FACE EVERY 2 SEC... THEN JUST WAITING THOWING STUFF TO SOMETHING U THINK WORKS POPS IN YOUR HEAD...

ALSO HOW ARE THERE MORE MINDGAMES WHEN MELEE HAS MORE TECH SKILL... OR WHEN U COMING BACK TRYING TO GET THE LEDGE...RATHER THEN AUTO SWEETSPOT... >_>

and the people that do like brawl better are MUSTLY the people that are not good in melee or washed up (D.A.)

ALSO THIS GAME DOES NOT NO WAY IN HELL TAKE MORE SKILL THEN MELEE CAUSE IN MELEE U HAVE TO HAVE A LIL BIT A BOTH MINDGAMES/TECH SKILL.. JUST SOME HAVE MORE THEN THE OTHER SOMETIMES... I PLAYED THIS GAMES LIKE 10 TIMES THE MUST AND BEAT PEOPLE THAT PLAY IT EVERYDAY >_>....

I DONT EVEN HAVE A ****ING WII YET....

WELL I MUST BE PRETTY **** GOOD THEN

AND IF U THINK U CAN PICK FOX AND WIN PICK FOX ON MY FOX AND TRY TO WIN...

Cort

Apple Head
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=3966

Brawl is fun so I'll play it cause everyone else is, that's all I have to say on this matter LOL

but it's interesting to keep what I linked to in mind, so when I play I try and have as much fun as possible for the time being

also, you guys act like Brawl won't become a hardcore gay campfest at high levels of play in the future where only a few characters will be used and be winning tournaments

cause it will lol >_>

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Also Its Preety Said That People Have To Right Away Try To Take The Frist Cheap Thing That Comes Out Lol

Play The Game Lol

Like Bum Said If U Dont Like It Quit..

Im Going To Still Play When I Have The Chance Cause I Like The Game Cause The Way It Looks And My Friends Play ^_^

BUM163

Smash Lord
alot of fightin games is gay. people can quit brawl anytime, no one is holdin ya hands to play this game. jman play in brawl and i guranteed u autosweet spot won't work on me. melee is a beautiful cheap game. i love it still, but i'm done wit it. did i suck jman? 2 me the reason why ur good in brawl already is cause it a smash game. there still gimmicks and people semi have the same moves. basically the same difference.

honestly no offense to cort cause he's a cool guy, but everyones that done complain about brawl is the ones that use those character in melee. smash community is a park wit lil kids in it that are cryin all over the place. wat i realize street fighter communities and tekken and all those other communities don't complain... not like this. this is sad.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Agreed with Cort. --

I only play b/c everyone is playing it right now and its the hot note.. but to be completely honest..
Melee > Brawl

I like faster paced games and Brawl is kinda really slow. It takes what used to be a lot of skill to something a scrub that hasn't really played the game to use... I.E. auto sweet spotting.. the ******** EZ chaingrabbing. I'm not bitter cause they nerfed sheik in case yall was wondering. I still use that ho.

Brawl is too slow, the randomness of tripping? I several matches b/c as I was coming in for a running grab, I tripped in his face. (IKE) so you already know it was an F SMASH. which = GG.

Does not make any sense.

You say melee didn't have as many mind games.. I don't think that is true at all. You have to work your way up to having tech skill to execute the mind games. It's about getting BETTER at the game. If you really wanted to win off of mindgames play like chess.. Doesn't take that much tech skill and is all mind games.

Yea?

This is a fighting game, you need fast reflexes to pull off the **** you need and you add tricks along the way. Brawl just doesn't deliver. In response to Jman, I agree completely.

Wes all you was talking about in brawl was how its so balanced and ****. Now there is still chaingrabbing. I hope you're feeling a bit crunchy.

Dire, you were a great melee player, not gonna lie, but I mean, this game is whack. Brawl is just inferior to melee in the competitive sense. In a month, when this game get exploited for all it can, there will be few top characters and only those characters will still be used. Yoshi, Ganon, Link, and a whole host of other characters won't be able to be used b/c they just aren't fit for a competitive game.

Bum, you my dude, I love third strike AND marvel. But they both have combos, and they both move fast. (parrying etc. and triangle jumping) Brawl and Melee can't be compared in such. Melee needs so much more "skill" to play. you don't need to be ub3r technical to win in melee. Although it helps.. but I mean look at anaki with Link.. doesn't wave dash.. but still *****?

Melee is more flashy and just looks prettier than Brawl is in a "fighting game" sense.. Brawl looks better if you're trying to get ritsy with graphics and you know final smashes.

Brawl = Party Game ... Smash balls , Assist Trophies, Pokeballs
Melee = Competitive ... Wavedash, Combos, Speed.

I'm playing brawl b/c sometimes its funny to see a trip, everyone is playing it, so I guess I'll go with the community or else I have no where else to go, (cause all in all the smash franchise is still fun). Melee will always be top #1 in my book.

Melee > Brawl

D1

Banned via Administration
Um...yeah so back to talking about stages.

We're not gonna ban any tactics except Sonic neutral B stalling under the stage over and over. That's just gay.

I'm still not sold on Port Town...that sh** is whack. I can deal w/ Pictochat cuz I can easily dodge and predict the hazards...Port Town regardless of me predicting my chars will die...and your DK can DI like a mother BUm XDD regardless of how hard the cars hit you...when they hit me its fast and unexpected so I don't DI properly...and its like 30 percent...I should die so high...its Brawl...I'd rather get gimped by NinjaLink's Marth like I did yesterday on Smashville @ 25% when I was using Falco instead of gettin killed by a random car...his gimp was f*ckin sexy as hell...gettin hit by a random car isn't.

Sakurai's post sucks balls...he should start making Mario Party games...

...I still love Brawl tho.

AND THATS THE END OF THE BRAWL V. MELEE DISCUSSION!

Seriously.

Can we talk about stages again?

NO TALKING ABOUT FRIGGIN' MOVES ITS WEEKLY NUMBER 4 COMIN UP FOR BRAWL AND WE'RE GETTIN NOOOWHERE!

R3N0

Smash Lord
Also in response to your post bum, with every "new" tekken or street fighter, the game is pretty much the same.. lets be real, they just add 1 or 2 new moves but in every tekken game you're still trying to do the up down up down dodging and still do the 0-death juggles. In tekken you add 1-2 new characters, and 1-2 new moves for each character and you slap a number on there its tekken 14.

Street fighter? We'll have to see about street fighter 4 =D

mattakataka

Smash Cadet
people who like street fighter 3rd strike will like brawl. people who like marvel vs capcom 2 like melee. simple as that. honest truth alot of smash community don't think and cause people pick up falco or fox it was easy to abuse shield. look at all the people that say they dislike brawl and look at the character they use in melee lol. ya people are hilarious. ya was up and coming and had fan support and now ya afraid of losing rank and fan support.

seriously end this nonsense cause i can easily just cut off ny brawl weeklies. ya need 2 face important facts that brawl is the newer version and that tends to take out the older game regardless if itz bad or good. we still fighting for rules and if ya don't put ya two cents on the table, i'm puttin my whole dollar in and thatz that. wake the **** up man seriously. ya be pissing me off wit the same bull**** every week.

if u hate the game get the **** out.
woot ive been saying the 3rd strike to mvc2 **** since the beginning of brawl in *** awesome that someone else said it and how the hell did this **** come up again i thought we where all over this **** about brawl and melee can we just see it as two different games and just tournament them as we like if u like brawl tournament brawl if u like melee tournament melee u don't see 3rd strike people in mvc2 just cuz they both have street fighter characters in them they stay to the game they like if u like to think deep and not be rushed play brawl if u like to have unimaginable speed and rip it like tec zero to the point where someone cant react awesome play melee but there both two different games u can pick whichever one u want but in the end i prolly say that brawl is gonna have more tournaments since its newer and a lot of people like it so u guys can debate all u want but just agree to disagree and get it over with
think about my situation i cant gimp somebody in two too three shots no more and i got over it i can like the fact that it takes me 50 billion things to kill someone cuz i like doing that crazy holy crap moves in the air that make someone say how the hell did that work it makes the game more fun and watchable other then one hit two hit okay there done u gotta do a whole dbz scene in the air just to kill someone
but i shouldnt go into a tangent lets just end this squabble (wow i actually used that word -_-) and go on with our tournamenting even though i do hope eggm and tec zero and fosho and tec 9 and all those people who are stricly melee come and tournament in brawl if they want to go to only melee its there choice and i respect that let them do what they want but we should not argue over wat game is wat they are both different lets jsut keep it at that
for everyone who just read this thats awesome cuz this **** was mad long and im kinda wondering how the hell i said all that but i hope this ends this meaningless battle
oh yea and if anyone can help me with a ride to that princeton tourney that dmbrandon is holding that would be awesome contact me on aim my sn is mattakataka

BUM163

Smash Lord
reno u was unfair right there lmao. u said brawl equal assist trophies and smash balls lol. brawl already has its fair share of ****. when u trip u can easily press right and get invinclibity so u got caught cause u new to the game. invinclibity on ledge grabbin is reduced by alot so that way you can't gimp someone like ness. ya people are shuttin now a game just cause it's not melee 2.0

seriously thatz unfair. i remember ya were the same players that complain that characters were to cheap in melee and now ya want it bak. ya hypocrites cause ya ask for a more balance game and now that we have it, which i'm only goin for now how the game is cause we don't know wat the future will bring, ya go against brawl. i'm a true competitor that play third strike and capcom vs snk 2 in the arcades or in tournaments. cort i didn't say u was complainin lol. i x u out from the other people lol.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Delfino should be taken out of neutral stages. and I hope the pokemon stadium mentioned isn't BRAWL pokemon stadium. when the stage changes its so stupid. Melee Stadium is ok. I would also put on castle siege for singles

Take off Mario Circuit, you can get chain grabbed off the stage, thats ridiculous.
Everything else is ok.

Bridge of eldin should be removed from doubles, again cause.. chaingrabbed off the stage is too ridiculous.
Thats all, everything else looks good vanz.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
I agree w/ cass/dire/everyone else explaining the whole combo's and techinicality thing.

However, my only gripe is that still, it seems mad limited. You guys talk bout mindgames and how they're a lot more prominent. And yes, that is definitely true due to the fact that the technical aspect of brawl has been shrunken down, yet it's because of this that i see the mindgames being a lot more narrow. And while yes you can say "this is only for now, we're bound to discover something", I hate having to rely on that. Brawl is ill, and I hope for the best in terms of it's growth, but right now it's limited options in terms of movement and then continuing on that, the limited options in terms of viable mindgames, makes me a sad panda.

EDIT: Ohh ****. Didn refresh the page and see all the new comments 0_o, so mine will seem a lil outa place.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
if you know about fightin games in tournaments, infinites are never banned.
1. This is not your traditional fighting game. Stages play a huge part in the fight. You have to be aware of your surroundings and not just ur opponent. If you wanted to play a traditional fighter then get off brawl or SMASH period.

2. Towards the end of Melee, many tournaments started banning wobbling. WHY?! its an infinite?? if you really think a move is cheap and it'll eliminate true competition then just do it. ITS YOUR TOURNAMENT! if you do it I promise you alot of ppl will follow and eventually it becomes a trend that most ppl wouldnt want to break. you cant show up to YOUR TOURNAMENT and start asking ppl if A CERTAIN STAGE should be banned. ITS YOUR DA*N TOURNAMENT! YOUR RULES! IF PPL DONT LIKE IT, THEY CAN GO BACK HOME AND JERK OFF 4 ALL WE CARE.

if you really think D3's chaingrab is that cheap ban it, I FREAKIN WOULD.

your banning like 6 stages becuz of the chain grab....ban corneria...dedede grabs u behind the wing your done. ban onett, ban EVERYTHING~!!! JUST STAY HOME LITTLE KIDS, ITS TOO DANGEROUS FOR YOU AT NIGHT. LIQUID COURAGE PWNS YOU!!!

R3N0

Smash Lord
nah i mean brawl is MOST fun when played with assist trophies and smash balls. but like.. melee with out that the competitiveness of like a CF combo is HYPE ENOUGH! lol

I was saying mad characters had a crazy edge in melee but i mean its acceptable and i can deal w/ it. Brawl its just too slow! Even if characters are hot its too boring.

I love the new characters dont get it twisted.. IKE!? is mad raw, SNAKE SONIC, they're ALL mad fun.
Competitive ? nah not really :'(

sorriez

Cort

Apple Head
oh ok bum

man, NYC is getting so far ahead in tourny experience with brawl and I haven't been to one yet =(

first one in CT I set to is April 19th lol >_<

however I just got my first car so I should be visiting PC/NYC more often =D

mattakataka

Smash Cadet
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=3966

Brawl is fun so I'll play it cause everyone else is, that's all I have to say on this matter LOL

but it's interesting to keep what I linked to in mind, so when I play I try and have as much fun as possible for the time being

also, you guys act like Brawl won't become a hardcore gay campfest at high levels of play in the future where only a few characters will be used and be winning tournaments

cause it will lol >_>
lol remember when jersey came it was all meta knights

BUM163

Smash Lord
well reno you won't be missed lmao... just playin wit u, i would wanna see u bak in the scene. naaaa i'm not oding wit banning stages. rules please come to an agreement. if i do leave on stages like corneira and such, i will put loser picks character and stage, so that way itz more balance out. people speak up.

Cort

Apple Head
since there are so many weird viable counterpicks I allowed people to strike 2 from the list in my ruleset for the next ESTICLE..

what do you guys think about that rule?

D1

Banned via Administration
well reno you won't be missed lmao... just playin wit u, i would wanna see u bak in the scene. naaaa i'm not oding wit banning stages. rules please come to an agreement. if i do leave on stages like corneira and such, i will put loser picks character and stage, so that way itz more balance out. people speak up.
Yeah so please lets stop beating a dead horse over and over...this thread used to be full of win wtf.

Port Town leave please...

...anyway like I was saying loser picks stage, winner picks char, loser then picks char.

If loser picks random...you're a stuck panda.

GOTEM!

Top Bottom