• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl! March 13th, 2010 (***Port Coquitlam, BC)

breez

Smash Ace
After reading through the thread more thoroughly I think that they is probably enough evidence to convince iconic. Seeding in pools does not put you at a major disadvantage - and now that we have had quite a few tournies and we understand the ranking of players I believe we can seed tournies as fair as possible.

I mean, we could just hit the random button until we get the results we want - but what's the difference? Seeding is a well established method that works in many sports, as well as being in current usage in all other major smash tournies. Having a bracket compromised of the top 3 players would absolutely suck for the top players. So yeah, I suppose seeding is just a balance - it hurts the lesser players slightly (although they can still win!) where as it would hurt the top players tremendously if not implemented.

Hopefully (iconic) you change your mind and participate in singles. BC needs a pikachu rep :)

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Improper seeding puts higher players in the losers bracket sooner, which knocks people out of losers faster than they would be if there was proper seeding O:

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Noted: The thread title has "Phoenix spelled as Pheonix". Grammar Nazis ftw.

In new news, look forward to playing my Wolf at Phoenix. Improvement has been made.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
ok today, were getting together with eric and sion, to play brawl....yesterday no one had time....if u wanna come...message me...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
ok today, were getting together with eric and sion, to play brawl....yesterday no one had time....if u wanna come...message me...
Me and breez want to come, but thanks to school/work, we won't be able to make it until around 7:00-7:30. Is that fine? He also won't be able to bring his controller, so it would be great if he could use somebody else's there. =0

:005:

T-block

B2B TST
Whoa guys.....whoa.

Sounds like Luke is getting pretty scared of my Diddy. I'll never drop PT, but it's hard to use him when there's 457918375987593847 Snakes in Alberta.

I might come to this - gotta see if money works out and everything ;D

Also, do pools etc. etc.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys...thnx for coming over...it was really fun games...we should def do it again sometime...u guys are welcome whenever you want.... ;)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I might come to this - gotta see if money works out and everything ;D

Also, do pools etc. etc.
You would make some people very happy if you came to this. =]

Also, like I said, there is no doubt that we are doing pools. Stop acting like there's a possibility we won't. D=

Thanks for hosting, Vincent. Mid-week smashfests are super fun. ^.^ For anybody that wants smash, come to UBC this Saturday. Contact one of the Brians (Asa/bundt) for details. =D

:006:

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice
You would make some people very happy if you came to this. =]

Also, like I said, there is no doubt that we are doing pools. Stop acting like there's a possibility we won't. D=

Thanks for hosting, Vincent. Mid-week smashfests are super fun. ^.^ For anybody that wants smash, come to UBC this Saturday. Contact one of the Brians (Asa/bundt) for details. =D

:006:
I don't know if there is any doubt in this thread that pools aren't happening? But yes, they clearly are, like, 6000%.

T-block

B2B TST
I'm trying ;D Chances are decent at the moment... especially if I can grab a ride if a carpool's happening. *hint*

Luke if you main Snake I might actually quit. The four people better than me all playing Snake... no point in playing anymore lol

ikool

Smash Apprentice
I smell another Diddy to play at Phoenix. :3

And Brians? How long will smashing be going on at the UBCs? I would like to arrive sometime in the afternoon. :3

Five days till Tatsunoko vs Capcom HYPE.

Asa

Smash Hero
not sure. probably for a long time
we start at 3
probably go till 10ish, not sure

Top Bottom