• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl! March 13th, 2010 (***Port Coquitlam, BC)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Not bothering to read all the debate just yet, but I want to answer Iconic's question.

There is no way to make an equal chance for everyone to win the tournament. Making people pay more or less if they either have a greater chance or lesser chance respectfully to win the tournament is silly: They have that chance because they are better.

Seeding does a lot of what Jake put out. A good example of a result gone bad is the Doubles bracket at Komodo January. If not the top 4, then Asa and iKool would've been in the top 6 teams. I strongly think they were the fourth ebst team there though, the top three being the three other teams on that side of the bracket, yet they got eliminated first, and one of the other teams was doomed for fourth instead of possibly contending for 3rd, be it Brian and Jordan or Eric and Vincent.

That's a bracket gone wrong, and it was entirely randomly generated. Seeding favors the top players but only because when it is not seeded, they are only going to be eliminated early by other top players: They'll still beat all of the lower players unless said lower player is actually better or just outplayed them, ie was better in their set(s).

Good job keeping the tournament page up to date. Still reading so I'll make another post later.

If anyone wants, please make a poster. Have it feature brawl, mention Smash 64 (as Super Smash Bros) and have all the necessary date and times as well as contact (Komodo PC's phone # if the owner gives the thumbs up, and ajtka@hotmail.com, as well as Jordan's if he gives the okay as well.)

I'll ask anyone to put up posters, wherever. Around campus', in your lounges, wherever legal. It'll net some other people looking to play brawl and possibly get a few more people secured in BC Brawl. :)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
lol regarding the typo in the title: I noticed right after I clicked sent. I am ******** and don't know how to change titles though. I was thinking of asking a mod if I saw one to edit it for me, but if someone knows how, let me know. I'm sure it's possible... right?

oh and it was a spelling mistake, not grammar. grammar is sentance structure just like the mistake in this one is punctuation.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Seeding does a lot of what Jake put out. A good example of a result gone bad is the Doubles bracket at Komodo January. If not the top 4, then Asa and iKool would've been in the top 6 teams. I strongly think they were the fourth ebst team there though, the top three being the three other teams on that side of the bracket, yet they got eliminated first, and one of the other teams was doomed for fourth instead of possibly contending for 3rd, be it Brian and Jordan or Eric and Vincent.

If anyone wants, please make a poster. Have it feature brawl, mention Smash 64 (as Super Smash Bros) and have all the necessary date and times as well as contact (Komodo PC's phone # if the owner gives the thumbs up, and ajtka@hotmail.com, as well as Jordan's if he gives the okay as well.)

I'll ask anyone to put up posters, wherever. Around campus', in your lounges, wherever legal. It'll net some other people looking to play brawl and possibly get a few more people secured in BC Brawl. :)
I felt pretty bad about the doubles matches. I thought that I got screwed over on my first tourney... and let ASA down... But yeah, that really does show that pools are important with these kinda things.

Also, this is where I will shine in this community. I am pretty epic at doing digital art, so I can make a pretty kick-*** poster for us (if I don't feel lazy...).

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
can someone link me to the BC brawl PR.....

EDIT: IKOOL, YOUR NOT ON FACEBOOK, ADD ME. CORBIN VENIDA

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
favorite moment of the night:

spiking you out of shuttle loop :p
monies
lol...yea, i got spiked a lot...but i was kinda trying out new things which really weren't working out so well...... i don't like playing the game by myself so i try to practice at smash fest's, meh oh well....btw, i left my controller at your place...:p could you please just hold on to it till we play again...i actually might be coming to overture after all...

PR is already posted???? also u guys can add me on facebook too.....Vincent patrick Almendarez

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that matters in a tournament is getting 1st place. Otherwise, you'll be forever known as the guy who did not get 1st place.

lol jk :)

I see tournaments as a way to see how I rank against other players. Sure, I'm playing my best and trying to get 1st, but if I end up in 5th, then there simply were 4 better people then me at the tourney.

Well... that means you'll have to stop rolling into my 9s. Seriously, you do all the work for me. ;) Friendly trash talk ftw :p
lol robert i cant wait to play with you again man im going to come to vic for a couple days we need to play some brawl, and hopefully theres a tourny when i get back my IC'er need to come **** some BC people, im getting bored of texas lawl

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Can't wait to play you with my (approximately) 5 new mains (I decided to finally get a character counter for all the characters I do bad against... and the result is like 7 mains :p). What am I saying? I main 42 characters in this game :p

When are you planning on coming down to Victoria? We'll have to have a tourney (or at least a smash fest) at that time. I'll money match you :p

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys. Tourney poll:

If I were to make a poster for advertising, will anyone actually take initiative and put them up?

Y/N

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
For Victoria smashers, all I have to do is advertise it on Victoria's AIB and Facebook smash groups. I could always use the poster in the facebook group / aib message. So to answer your question: Yes and No (as in yes I would use it, but no I wouldn't be posting it around, since all the competitive smashers in Victoria know each other).

Alphicans

Smash Hero
How good do you BC'ers think you'll do vs AB? Jake did pretty good, and if bundtcake and breez are both better than him by a fair bit I think it should be interesting.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I would be very surprised if it isn't Jack vs Dan grand finals, but if bundtcake can do it, that'll be impressive.

Asa

Smash Hero
How good do you BC'ers think you'll do vs AB? Jake did pretty good, and if bundtcake and breez are both better than him by a fair bit I think it should be interesting.
Idk
Jake's matches vs bundtcake and breez are always super close. In fact jake beat breez in a small tourney last week
so I don't think the skil gap is really large

I think I can take karaudo and tblock

breez

Smash Ace
Idk
Jake's matches vs bundtcake and breez are always super close. In fact jake beat breez in a small tourney last week
so I don't think the skil gap is really large

I think I can take karaudo and tblock
I was sandbagging psh

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brandon if you're gonna go as far as to say you're going to beat Jack, you mineaswell say you're going to take first. >____>.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
But it's Dan.

If I beat him, I beat him, whatever. But. REALLY?

You really think that my beast mode could amount to Dan's. The second I take a match from him he'd just end up doing twice as good as the last round. When he gets mad, he gets good. SuPeRpIsSeDbOoM

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
...yeah probably not. Don't wanna jump the gun and accuse you of stuff either. Like, (Ha, you can't beat Jack, Brandon) or something. :p

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
thats the spirit brandon

always try for 1st, not 2nd, not 3rd. then you'll get somewhere eventually.

also im getting 1st :colorful::colorful::colorful:

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I will be stealing KillL0ck's Marth skills when he stays at my place and thus taking 1st place. d(^.^)b

Top Bottom