• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

KillLock

Smash Lord
Last time we went and ate at a diner we were there for awhile, it was hella chill. So finding something to do while you're out bundt shouldn't be an issue.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Islanders need to be housed somewhere as well. I would assume somewhere other than where Alberta is staying, so their aren't too many people.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If nobody can find housing in the end, you can try http://samesun.com/.

It's a hostel I found when Rob was in need for housing. If there's enough people, you could always book a larger room together. It's about $30 per person. This particular place is extremely close to a Skytrain station and like I said before if I do come to this event, I'd be happy to take 4 (that's how much space I have) others to the nearest Skytrain station.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Is there any chance we could get assistance from the airport? if not, what's the best way to get to the venue from the airport?

:phone:
Quickest way would be to get somebody to drive you or take a taxi. This will take about 45 minutes, and the taxi ride would cost ~$75.

Otherwise, you'd have to take transit. If I can recall correctly...

-Take the Canada Line at the airport, get off at Waterfront.
-Take the Skytrain to Burrard Station (Should be the first station after Waterfront)
-Take 160 Poco Station until you reach Coquitlam Station (or Poco Station)
-Take the C37/C38 to somewhere near Home Video

Should take about 2 hours. A one way trip would be in the ballpark of $5 + $3 = $8?

breez

Smash Ace
Haven't really had the opportunity to read the whole thread but asa was asking if I could possibly house anyone. My girlfriend said she is totally down for it and will make everyone cookies. We can easily get 2-3 setups going, and there is more than enough room to sleep. I *should* have my vehicle on the road by then, and as such should be able to give up to 3 extra people a ride to the venue.

Haven't played brawl all summer, getting hyped for this anyway :) Bryan promised to come and help me practice. Can we make this tourny marth dittos only? kill0ck is also banned.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Haven't really had the opportunity to read the whole thread but asa was asking if I could possibly house anyone. My girlfriend said she is totally down for it and will make everyone cookies. We can easily get 2-3 setups going, and there is more than enough room to sleep. I *should* have my vehicle on the road by then, and as such should be able to give up to 3 extra people a ride to the venue.

Haven't played brawl all summer, getting hyped for this anyway :) Bryan promised to come and help me practice. Can we make this tourny marth dittos only? kill0ck is also banned.
Dunno how you'd feel about having a hedgehog in your household.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
How long are you out for, bundtcake? I don't forsee waiting for you to finish being a problem.

Is it buhndtcake or boondtzcake?
wikipedia says the movie lasts 99 minutes, but there's also the Q&A with tommy wiseau that i'll probably want to stay for as well and i'm not sure how long that's gonna last, so probably until around midnight-ish

but personally i think you guys should just come with me, since it's gonna be awesome

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Alberta will probably dominate the finals,

;P
You sleepin on me son :laugh:.

Man, I wanna get housed too. Housing with AB sounds hype since I talk to a few of them on the regular, but I don't wanna use up more space that doesn't exist lol. I also don't wanna be alone when housed lol :p. Just preferences, if it ain't possible, I wont b**** about it :).

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Yay Ben. <3 You should just do a Marth only tourney the night before, and the winner earns the right to sleep on that amazing coach coach of yours.

Man, I wanna get housed too. Housing with AB sounds hype since I talk to a few of them on the regular, but I don't wanna use up more space that doesn't exist lol. I also don't wanna be alone when housed lol :p. Just preferences, if it ain't possible, I wont b**** about it :).
It'll all depend on the numbers. Some of AB is gonna be flying in, and whether or not they'll be staying with Breez will depend on whether they fly in to Vancouver or Abbotsford. It'll also depend on how many people are in the AB carpool, but the final call will be up to Breez.

:005:

SKidd

Smash Master

I love you

*starts looking for apartment for sole purpose of housing
I love you also

Dunno how you'd feel about having a hedgehog in your household.
TOO EASY! PIECE OF CAKE!

So much hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tin Man

Smash Hero
So I guess time will tell. I'd go see the room with bundtcake but I wanna get as many MM's in as possible if I reach. I heard BC loves MM's :cool:

All in all, if we get 30+ ppl, and 5 AB ppl, this trip would be so worth it to me.

Captain L

Smash Champion
hopefully by the time this tournament comes around, unity will drop the universal LGL and just have one for MK. There'll be more olimars than usual to plank against :O

Also 30 British Columbians at one tournament is a bit high, but if this gets hyped enough then it could happen! Somebody talk to Clouderz about this too.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think we can manage 26 BC people, 5 AB people, and Tin Man for an amazing 32-man tourney.

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype.

Asa

Smash Hero
L
SKidd
Feint
Asa
Bundt
Crisis
Arcansi
DolphinBrick
Firefly
Breez
Cedrick
Clouderz
Cheeszeman
Kodokan
IHT
Grape
Teyro
Blue Yoshi
HNG
-H-
Blunted Object
Aleate
lib3rat3
Jproph
Ewic
Defender
Max
Karu
Sinister
Cookieless
Mariomaster
Starwaffle
Toony

33 ppl, pretty much every person in our community at one point or another.

*crosses fingers

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I'm 100% unconfirmed, fyi. I either have to find a way to pay for a hotel for my mom and myself + the ferry, or find a way to let her go by myself.

Looking into it ASAP.

Asa

Smash Hero
wait why do you have to pay for a hotel for your mom

i didn't put deap and tpain cuz there's absolutely no way they'd ever come since they're both in different countries lol

Arcansi

Smash Champion
wait why do you have to pay for a hotel for your mom

i didn't put deap and tpain cuz there's absolutely no way they'd ever come since they're both in different countries lol
Eh, im not sure if she'll have the money for it or want to pay for it lol.

Still, even the ferry ride(inc Vehicle.) and hotel is a longshot, so idk.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Isn't the money you have from your parents anyways considering you're 15? I don't see how a situation of you paying for your mom's room is even possible lol.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
As I've said, travelling from the island by greyhound and getting housed by someone, overall costs around $200 for the whole trip (should probably have more than that though, just in case of inconveniences)
Arcansi, you are welcome to travel with IHT and Myself. Islanders usually all get housed at the same place, so you'd be with us likely the whole time.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Isn't the money you have from your parents anyways considering you're 15? I don't see how a situation of you paying for your mom's room is even possible lol.
No, it's not D:

My mom owes me $180, but I got that by working.

As I've said, travelling from the island by greyhound and getting housed by someone, overall costs around $200 for the whole trip (should probably have more than that though, just in case of inconveniences)
Arcansi, you are welcome to travel with IHT and Myself. Islanders usually all get housed at the same place, so you'd be with us likely the whole time.
If I can I definitely will, GrapE.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
1. Firefly
2. CrimsonFeint
*3. DTP
*4. T-block
5. GrapE
6. IHT
7. SKidd
8. Asa
*9. Arcsani
10. Captain L
11. Bundtcake
*12. Sinister
*13. Lib3r4t3
14. Blunted_Object10
*15. Crisis
16. Cheeszeman

What colour name does EC get :o

| Big D |

Smash Master
OMG so looking forward to this. You can probably sign me up. Once I run out of nickels (Which is inevitable) anyone want to MM for stuff like push ups?

Also, how many TVs does the venue have? I can bring my Wii again.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Big D, is JM coming again?

Also I'm down for pushup matches

And what about this new item thing you said you were gonna tell us about? Or did you already share it and I just missed it somewhere?

Top Bottom