• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
yo tin did you talk to swordgard?
Yeah bro. Unfortunately the man doesn't dig travelling for Brawl. Ontario is close, but he doesn't wanna reach WC :(.

So... there's a showing of The Room at 7pm/9:30pm at the Rio Theatre on this day, and Tommy Wiseau is gonna be there for a Q&A session as well... Anybody else interested in going to see that? :D

EDIT: For those of you that have no idea what The Room is, it's only the best movie of all time

EDIT EDIT: "This day" meaning September 24th, if that wasn't clear.
Haha, the room, I watched that with my boys in university. My other friend told me about the showings with Tommy Wiseau. Apparently you throw spoons whenever he says spoon, and you do other wacky stuff :laugh:.

(Here's hoping ppl show up for the tourney tho...)

SKidd

Smash Master
Tin Man is confirmed for this?

K, AB, you must come now.

Also livestream for sure, right?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin Man is confirmed for this?

K, AB, you must come now.

Also livestream for sure, right?
haha, like I said, depends on how much bank I make this Saturday so I can estimate how much $ I can get by this date. Also, hopefully there's like 30ppl reaching. I think that's a reasonable amount.

Asa

Smash Hero
Yeah bro. Unfortunately the man doesn't dig travelling for Brawl. Ontario is close, but he doesn't wanna reach WC :(.

Haha, the room, I watched that with my boys in university. My other friend told me about the showings with Tommy Wiseau. Apparently you throw spoons whenever he says spoon, and you do other wacky stuff :laugh:.

(Here's hoping ppl show up for the tourney tho...)
well i mean we got hella melee, maybe they could host a tournament here around the same time? O:

MeSSi

Smash Ace
yo im interested in coming but i may not have a partner since my bro has work during this time.

and i will be in school, so my chances are good or making it. but yea housing would be sweet.

SKidd

Smash Master
We really need to get on housing, guys; it's the depending factor on whether or not several fellowships attend or not.

Happy, Landon?

brningpyre

Smash Lord
yo im interested in coming but i may not have a partner since my bro has work during this time.

and i will be in school, so my chances are good or making it. but yea housing would be sweet.
Yo, I'll team with you, Alvin. Is this gonna be the first time you and Kelvin have ever been apart?

bundtcake

Smash Ace
so i'd possibly be willing to house some people from out of province, but they'd have to come to the 9:30 showing of the room with me since there's no way i'm missing that :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Probably not, haha. I suppose that the out-of-town-ers would like to play Smash Bros. for as long as possible though. If nobody can drive you guys to The Room showing, I imagine you'll have to leave at least 1hr earlier since buses only come hourly around that time.

If I can make it to the Phoenix event, I can drive up to 4 people to the nearest Skytrain station, if that's a help to you guys.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
At Phoenix 4, Singles ended at around 9:00 IIRC. It would likely take longer if we get more entrants, but if we get enough people, we may do elimination pools anyway, so that could make the difference. I can't make any promises before 10 though...

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread as much as I should've. I've been preoccupied lately, but I should be paying closer attention to everything after this weekend, when I no longer have to worry about my plans for Hellasmashed V in NS. We will do our best to house everybody interested in coming; we've worked it out in the past, and we want to do it again. For the locals, every bit of help we can get matters!

Regarding the posters, I've received submissions from CrimsonFeint and Starwaffle (sorry for not replying to your messages D=). If anybody else wants to submit a poster, please send it in by the 24th of August (one week from today); I will choose a winner then.

@ T-Block: Sorry, I'm teaming with Breez. :x We're kinda static partners, dontcha know. I really do appreciate that you're starting to rally AB's travel plans though. ^.^

:005:

bundtcake

Smash Ace
This tourney won't end by the time that showing starts will it LOL?
i'm probably gonna leave regardless of if the tourney is over

EDIT: ideally a bunch of people from the tourney would also be coming and so we'd just all make sure to get the tournament finished in a reasonable amount of time

KillLock

Smash Lord
ur mom contradicts with what u said

yeah get @ this

ya' booiiii

and I just noticed this thread, can't say if I'd be able to attend this at all right now unfortunately :(

p.s also i miss jake

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
we all miss Jake, Jack. oh btw, Adam now owns my Toshiba. Which has those vids you recorded, Jack. He will get them uploaded for you. Yes, I failed big time, but you have something to look forward to now.

now to invest in a new laptop...

[EDIT]

ah, btw. how long would we be gone for and how are we getting to BC, guys? I may wanna join in on this.

[EDIT #2]

Thought this was RPS for a sec. fail me. lol

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I might drive, since it was a blast last time, and there's so much interest.

If I drive, who's carpooling with me?

Also, before we get ahead of ourselves, we need to confirm housing right away. Where can 7 or so awesome Albertans stay?

If we drive, I'm thinking of leaving early on Friday (before noon), and heading back Sunday morning. The tourney's on a Saturday, right?

bundtcake

Smash Ace
like i said, i'd be willing to house people, as long as they'd wanna come see the room with me, or possibly find something else to do while i'm watching it, 'cause as awesome as you guys are i still wouldn't feel comfortable letting everyone stay in my house while i'm not there

also it would be more cramped than LFL's house

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I'd be down for staying at Bundtcake's place, as would the rest of Alberta, I'm sure.

He's a pretty cool guy - he plays ROB, and doesn't afraid of Yoshi.

As for going to the "The Room", it depends on the tourney. Alberta will probably dominate the finals, so we'd be staying late, but we could always find something to do (aka, dinner, or someone else's place for a bit).

;P

Top Bottom