• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Good stuff Kbizzle! Im gonna use this! Marth along with TL are 2 of my hardest matchups. I honestly do better against snake and DDD then those 2. (MK is just a lost cause. I use diddy against him)

gantrain05

Smash Master
my toughest MU's are probably D3 due to his heavy fat *** and his offstage game being so godly against peach, and marth cuz i just don't like to deal with his constant zoning, and the need to play perfectly or get punished hard.

Purple

Hi guys!
It's been a long while since we've discussed anything in here, Rickerdy have you already edited the front posts and such ;o

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It's been a long while since we've discussed anything in here, Rickerdy have you already edited the front posts and such ;o
No I haven't :(
Sorry I've been so slack, my exams have taken priority over everything recently but I've finished them now so hopefully I can spruce up Peach's match ups :D Don't worry, I haven't forgotten your lovely write ups!

In other news, I have AIM now! I think I have most of you added but if not, mine is simply 'rickerdydoodaday' so if you need me for anything, you can contact me there :D

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lol old post.

Mom wouldnt take me. Wasnt the wind blowing like crazy over there? Storms?

Because that was why.
no d00d it was actually pretty nice outside.
**** **** **** go look at Peach tournament results :)

you'll be proud

z00ted

I agree.
Just chase that little ***** down like no tomorrow.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I can't decide with Falco. Sometimes it seems like its pretty even, you just have to play smart and other times it feels like an uphill battle trying to get past all the lasers only for him to Phantasm straight past you and do it all again

I have a feeling Falco may have a very small advantage simply because his lasers just cut through everything

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
With the MLG ruleset I am willing to accept the 50-50 matchup ratio. Since you play a set and you never have to win a match on BF, FD, or Smashville to beat Falco, I think the matchup IS a lot closer to 50-50 now. With the old ruleset where the first match was either on smashville or FD, it was 60-40 Falco, but 50-50 is reasonable considering the MLG ruleset.

Take him to Brinstar or Delfino

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
I have a question about the Peach vs Ganon match up. I've read somewhere that this match up is worse then MK vs. Ganon. I know Ganon sucks and whatnot so he's supposed to lose to everyone (lol), but can someone explain why this match up would be so good for Peach? Sorry if this is a stupid question or if this is the wrong thread to write this.

EDIT: I know the OP is outdated, but I thought I'd mention that the Lucas and Mario boards think it's 60:40 (P) and 55:45 (P) , respectively.

z00ted

Basically Peach can just punish Ganon for almost everything he does, she has turnips to gimp him with offstage, and floating provides her with excellent spacing which Ganon really does not like.

Add in some combos (due to his weight) and a good understanding of the matchup and its pretty much alot better than Metaknight.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Oh. Thanks Ill. :3

The smash wiki says Meta:Ganon = 90:10. So are we looking at 95:5...? That seems really hopeless... ^^;

z00ted

It depends alot on how well the Ganon knows the matchup also.. haha

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So, a couple of ratio changes I want to implement. I'd like some opinions before I make these changes. These ideas are based on the general gist I've been getting form recent discussions

MK - Back to 65:35 from 40:60
Falco - Back to 50:50 from 40:60
Marth - To 45:55 from current 40:40
ROB - To 55:45 from current 50:50 (I definitly need clarification on this one)
Wario - To 55:45 from current 60:40 (Another one I could do with clarification on this one, I think its too heavily stage dependant to have a certain advantage vs him)
ZSS - To 45:55 from current 50:50 (Clarifications please :S)

If anyone wants to give me some really good summary/quotes, please do so because I really need info to update the thread with

Also, how do you wrap things in collapse tags? I feel it'd make the OP much easier to navigate around :D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The collapse tags works like this:

[COLLAPSE=TITLE] information [/COLLAPSE*]

You can edit "TITLE" to be anything you want the title to be, otherwise just remove the blue asterisk.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
MK - Back to 65:35 from 40:60
Nah, 40:60 is just fine.
Falco - Back to 50:50 from 40:60
Yes please!
Marth - To 45:55 from current 40:40
Agreed.
ROB - To 55:45 from current 50:50 (I definitly need clarification on this one)
I have no idea.
Wario - To 55:45 from current 60:40 (Another one I could do with clarification on this one, I think its too heavily stage dependant to have a certain advantage vs him)
... I dont quite agree. Its better than 'even but we have some stuff here and there'. She has some slight advantage.
ZSS - To 45:55 from current 50:50 (Clarifications please :S)
NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO. ZSS does NOT beat Peach. Its dead even. If you would really really really force me to choose who would win the match-up, I'd even say that Peach wins. But even that would only be by like... 51-49? Nah, lets just say its even.

Dont expect me to respond to any post soon, Im still on vacation ;d.[/QUOTE]

:052:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'll change the MK ratio back to 40:60 then, we desperatly need another redicussion about MK, preferrably with other top MK's who've played top Peach's. I'll leave ZSS as 50:50, I too think its even but I'll wait until other people give me their opinions. ROB is either 55:45 or 60:40 - I could do with your help Meno! :p

I do think Peach overall has an advantage over Wario but my problem is its too heavily stage dependant. She has a solid advantage over him no questions on FD but that advantage isn't as huge when fighting on BF/SV/YI. Wario is always going to ban FD so that advantage goes out the window. I feel Wario is either even or possibly have a slight advantage on stages like Brinstar

Its a toughy if you ask me

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Well looky here.

Now in my personal opinion, I only have a problem with the Lucario and Charizard match-ups. Lucario is a disadvantage. Charizard is not a disadvantage (the hell).

Rob I believe is a slight advantage to Peach if not even, but even is acceptable.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
meno!!!!!! Please teach me how to make one of those for the samus boards!!!!!!!!!!!
Photoshop!

I'd offer to make one for the Samus boards, but match-up charts are hard to construct. I could point you to some collected character renders though.

-Mr. T-

Smash Cadet
Discussion: 519 - 542

What to Watch out For:
-Godly mating call
-Gets stronger as his percentage increases
-Can carry more luggage on his back as his percentage decreases
-King of the desert ninja skills
-his recovery is flying through the night

Matchup Mentality:
-Give up, he is the god of pokemon and llamas
-You must accumulate 999% damage to KO him with your stitchface or bomb (Beamsword might kill at 800%)
-Back air, fail against him
-Edgeguarding is hopeless
-Llamas have an unusual reproductive cycle for a large animal. Female llamas are induced ovulators. Through the act of mating, the female releases an egg and is often fertilized on the first attempt. Female llamas do not go into "heat" or have an estrus cycle. You're goal is to prevent this cycle in hopes that no more llamacarios are born, it is the only way to defeat them

Did you know?
-The height of a full-grown, full-size llama is between 5.5 feet (1.6 meters) to 6 feet (1.8 m) tall at the top of the head. They can weigh between approximately 280 pounds (127 kilograms) and 450 pounds (204 kilograms). At birth, a baby llama (called a cria) can weigh between 20 pounds (9 kilograms) to 30 pounds (14 kilograms). Llamas are very social animals and like to live with other llamas as a herd. Overall, the fiber produced by a llama is very soft and is naturally lanolin free. Llamas are intelligent and can learn simple tasks after a few repetitions. When using a pack, llamas can carry about 25%–30% of their body weight for several miles.

-The gestation period of a llama is 11 1/2 months (350 days). Dams (female llamas) do not lick off their babies, as they have an attached tongue which does not reach outside of the mouth more than half an inch. Rather, they will nuzzle and hum to their newborns.

lol llamacario for the win!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yes, we really need to get together as a group and crack down on the MK matchup. He's still the only matchup that consistently gives us all trouble in tournament (and rightfully so...), but at least one of us should be able to make some kind of dent in the sea of MKs out there. If X and Shaky can do it with their characters, then there is definitely hope. One (or more) of us just needs to focus, focus, focus on this matchup and try to ascend beyond our current level of play against it. We need to abuse every single option we have, let nothing (or very little) he does go unpunished or be encouraged.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Good point KB.
Perhaps Yaaay or Rick could make another rediscussion thread for the match-up? The last rediscussion thread we had on Metaknight was over a year ago. If you wanted to make a thread that's fine too.
Would you guys mind it if I did that after Ive got back from holiday (which is in 2 weeks)? I'll promise you I'll make a very nice write-up! For now I'll finish the low/bottom tiers.

:052:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I would much rather get an MK discussion underway sooner rather than later
Discussing everyone is important I know but the likelihood of fighting say Mario or Link in a tournament as opposed to MK is very low indeed
I don't mind making the topic, Yaaay (or anyone else for that matter) can do a write up

If Snake/Falco are around 40:60 then I can't see MK being any better than 35:65 - hes not on the same level as Snake and Falco, he's much more tricky
If MK is going to be 40:60 (which I don't think he is) then we need to make the Snake/Falco ratios more even (which I don't think they are) because MK is in a different league to them

And yea, if Sonic, Ness and even Ike can batter their way past a swarm of top MK's, Peach sure as hell can. We might be floatier and have a loltastically bad airdodge but if those characters can do it, I certainly believe Peach can win vs MK

Top Bottom