• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm new here but how does Marth have an advantage over Peach? He has to space well so he can hit with the tip of his sword. Turnips can easily prevent him from spacing well.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Peach might have a little trouble with Toon Link. He is harder to combo and has a great aerial game. I think the matchup is slightly in his favor because of this.

gantrain05

Smash Master
its def toon link advantage, theres just alot of little things that he does that can shut down alot of peach's game, it keeps her on a defensive campy stance.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I must compliment on how nice your matchup thread looks, just droppin by

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Toon link is 40:60 in his favor.
This. I just got some experience against him. He is VERY annoying to fight. All of those projectiles. It is very hard to close in on him cause along with projectiles he'll use his zair from time to time. Can't space fairs against him at all:(. The only reason I was able to win was dodging his ****, trying hitting him with turnips, and then follow up with a grab or dash attack if I got him with a glide tossing turnip.:(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'll upload ALOT of videos of my Peach vs Jerm's toon Link.

You can probably tell how I've progressed in the matchup / learned how ******** he can be.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i dont think my strategy against him is all that great lol. Its just hard for me to form a legit strategy against him. Sux i dont have any videos but i dont have any recording equipment other than my phone. I kinda want to upload videos of my Peach to be critiqued by u guys too.

z00ted

Basically just run from him like he would want to run from you.
Your airdodge can actually help you alot in this matchup.

Dair all of his projectiles and when he throws his boomerang rush in - thats one less projectile to worry about.

Anything out of shield works really well against Toon Link and try to save your Fair because it can kill him pretty early.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
This is probably kinda odd but should Yoshi be rediscussed. I mean the Peach boards say its 60:40 but the Yoshi boards say its even.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Against Dedede: I just discovered this stupid trick, maybe it's not new, but it's NEW TO ME.

When he's recovering with Up-B - I always found it a little tricky to punish him since those stupid stars would always bop me before I could land Peach Bomber or whatever. My solution? ATTACK THE STARS! I just groundfloat a fair aimed at the star and it'll hit through and whack Dedede! :D

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Hey Rick, do you think you could perhaps update the current match-ups in this thread with potential new information from our rediscussions? Or others, if you find anything that feels outdated to you that you can replace with something more specific/updated. :)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Don't come to him, let him come to you. Luigi's mobility is sloooow and his range is little. Don't stay too close and especially dont get reckless, because he will hit you at last. Try to intercept his underwhelming recovery. Luigi's kill power stupid, do not underestimate that. Most of them are, again, short-ranged. Jab is your friend if he's too close.

:053:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Any tips on the Luigi MU? I'm horrible at it.
Ground Floating retreating Fairs, with combinations of D Tilt, Stutter Step F Smash and reverse Glide Toss Turnip camping
:awesome:
Don't come to him, let him come to you. Luigi's mobility is sloooow and his range is little. Don't stay too close and especially dont get reckless, because he will hit you at last. Try to intercept his underwhelming recovery. Luigi's kill power stupid, do not underestimate that. Most of them are, again, short-ranged. Jab is your friend if he's too close.

:053:
Just Kyon's amazing work in the MU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDBRdUwSQ0E

**** starts at 1:08

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So if anyone actually looks at this thread anymore...

I want to have a serious discussion about Peach's match ups and what we have on paper atm
This thread is a mess and its partially (well, mostly) my fault but after looking at the thread I'm going to suggest a few changes, starting with ratios so I know what I'm working with during the write ups

If there are any characters anyone feels I missed out then let me know, If I've left a character out it means I don't think they need any thing changed

Bowser - No idea, needs to be rediscussed. God I need to get on the UK scene, there's a reaaaaally good Bowser over here

Charizard - I have no idea why this is a disadvantage, I would have said its at least even or in our favour

Falcon and Ganon - Do we really beat Falcon more than we beat Ganon?

IC's - Currently being discussed, I think 60-40 is far too optimistic, needs to be closer to even

Ike - As much as I'll have to swallow my pride and no doubt the Ike users will get a cheap laugh out of this, I think this needs to be moved down to it being closer to even. I think Peach has an advantage over Ike, I'm not going to lie because her Turnips/keep away/gimp game but...clearly something isn't right when everytime a Peach goes up against a good Ike she doesn't win

Ivysaur - Not a clue, surely even at best for Ivy

Jigglypuff - Who the heck even plays this character? Do you reckon we could get away with slapping an advantage on this one because nobody cares about them?

DeDeDe - This needs to go down to a disadvantage imo. Bair is gay and he doesn't die

Kirby - Urgh I can't remember what the verdict was for this. Even off the top of my head

Link - See Jigglypuff

Llmacario - wtf

Lucario - needs to even at best for us, slight disadvantage is what people agreed on imo

Lucas - See Jigglypuff and Link

Luigi - Everyone seems to hate Luigi after MLG because of his sloooooow approach game. Probably an advantage? Again, no idea

Mario - See Jigglypuff, Link and Lucas, although Mario mains have a tendancy to be almost as violent as some of us when discussing MU's (sorry guys :p) so I'm not sure they'd be too happy about that

MK - is this really 35:65? It isn't worse then? Who was that MK that Nicole beat who was good again?

G&W - Erm...I dunno, Praxis' era is long gone, do people even fight/win vs this guy anymore?

Ness - See Jigglypuff, Link, Lucas and Mario

Olimar - Probably should be closer to even than advantage

Pit - Not a clue but I think it should be changed to even just to be safe

ROB - No idea

Sheik - No idea, our advantage maybe?

Snake - I am very skeptical that this is merely 40:60

Sonic - Should probably moved down to even or something :/

TL - Ermmmmm this is also probably a disadvantage

Wario - This is even I think

Wolf - Did we say this was even or Wolf's favour?

Yoshi - No idea

Zelda - Lol

ZSS - Who still uses this character?

Currently, Peach has 20 advantages, 11 evens and 6 disadvantages
These characters who she has disadvantages against are all in high tier (MK, Snake, Falco, Marth,) with the exception of TL who is in C Tier and Charizard (????) who is in D Tier

I personally think that her match ups are...rather optimistic considering her 2010 performance

I need opinions people, I'd like to try and get her MU's up to date please :/

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't know...i don't see how charizard could possibly have the advantage....i mean...does he even have a good answer for all the shield pressure we can put on him? has no projectile, laggy arials, surprisingly not that hard to gimp and he fatigues.....he's got decent grab range and an ok Dthrow KO if its fresh but.......i just don't see it.

z00ted

I really wanna see this updated.

The boards as a whole should get to work on this in the next few weeks.

Top Bottom